Alexandra Anele

LittleDarkAge
Lurker
Lurker

Alexandra Anele

Post by LittleDarkAge »

I may just be the only one, but does she irritate anyone else? She's not the worst out there but she really gives off this vibe that she thinks she's better than everyone else because she's not like other girls, etc. I find her Dude series to be some no shit, everyone knows that, stuff. Imagine, putting blush on a different area, looks... different. Wooooow.

Also, she said nothing in support of BLM, and seemed disgusted in one of her Q&As that, gasp, someone asked if she was gay! Oh nooo. Over it.

Embraced_34
Talker
Talker

Re: Alexandra Anele

Post by Embraced_34 »

Oh man. She’s so stuck up and dismissive of others. She’s a typical rich nasty girl. And sorry but her ‘unique’ techniques are old - clearly she’s watching old Wayne Goss, PixiWoo and Lisa Eldridge videos and thinks she’s best thing since sliced bread...

LittleDarkAge
Lurker
Lurker

Post by LittleDarkAge »

Yes! The last video of hers I bothered to actually fully watch was one of her trying Wayne Goss's under eye concealer technique. Okay cool, looks like it worked for her, that's great. She came back to show how it held up hours later and I could not take her seriously after that. Dude, letting a toddler apply your eye makeup totally changes your face.

I can't take her seriously with that eye makeup in this very recent video. I've looked through some of her other stuff and maybe I missed something and this is an actual joke.

BLAHscent
Learner
Learner

Post by BLAHscent »

That makeup at the end? Scary!
Was she going for a fashion photoshoot session look?

i want her hair color.... but I also don't want to lose half of my hair's length XD
I blog @ [url=http://obscurejourney.com/]ObscureJourney.com[/url] at least monthly.
Please go check my other site as well, obscureoblige.over-blog.com. Thank you. <3

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by DrowningInMelancholy »

LittleDarkAge wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:43 am
I may just be the only one, but does she irritate anyone else? She's not the worst out there but she really gives off this vibe that she thinks she's better than everyone else because she's not like other girls, etc. I find her Dude series to be some no shit, everyone knows that, stuff. Imagine, putting blush on a different area, looks... different. Wooooow.

Also, she said nothing in support of BLM, and seemed disgusted in one of her Q&As that, gasp, someone asked if she was gay! Oh nooo. Over it.
She cannot handle criticism for shit and as far as the BLM, I know in my soul she doesn't give a shit about it. She always complains about how pale and olive her skin is and how DIFFICULT it must be to find a shade match. She even has to *gasp* MIX SHADES?!

PaletteWhore
Stalker
Stalker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by PaletteWhore »

I can't put my finger on it, but she's playing a part (NLToG, down to earth, dude), and I sincerely doubt this is who she is.
The screenshot is from an old playlist she hasn't bothered to delete or hide.
How can she claim to be authentic when she has been trying to be IG/YouTube famous for years? Image

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

LittleDarkAge
Lurker
Lurker

Post by LittleDarkAge »

PaletteWhore wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:33 am
I can't put my finger on it, but she's playing a part (NLToG, down to earth, dude), and I sincerely doubt this is who she is.
The screenshot is from an old playlist she hasn't bothered to delete or hide.
How can she claim to be authentic when she has been trying to be IG/YouTube famous for years? Image

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
She looks like Dwight Schrute.

People change, but I think she realized being herself wasn't working for her. I have felt like she was playing a character too, even the way, she like... pauses, and over-explains, and, like.... talks? Just seems like she really has to think about how she wants to sound.

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Her whole persona is manufactured.

The way she talks and the intonations reminds me of It's Likely Makeup/ Mei Pang in the sense that they seem so quirky and that everything is a "duh" moment and wants to sound cool and deep at the same time...I don't know if that makes any sense

LittleDarkAge
Lurker
Lurker

Post by LittleDarkAge »

DrowningInMelancholy wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:45 pm
Her whole persona is manufactured.

The way she talks and the intonations reminds me of It's Likely Makeup/ Mei Pang in the sense that they seem so quirky and that everything is a "duh" moment and wants to sound cool and deep at the same time...I don't know if that makes any sense
I checked out Mei Pang and it seems like that horrible eye shadow look Alyx tried to do was inspired by this video:

I definitely see/hear the similarities.

numinousn
Stalker
Stalker

Post by numinousn »

Her most recent video with Ilia products in which she says that she doesn’t even care about saying ‘hello’ at the beginning of the video irritated me no end. What a try hard?! Just say hello and move on. I don’t need to know that you’re too cool for saying hello now?! I have a feeling that this person might just be the opposite of what she pretends to be. Extremely wannabe cool.

LittleDarkAge
Lurker
Lurker

Post by LittleDarkAge »

I didn't watch it but her newest video on her "Alyx Talx" channel is "So dark under eyes are in now" or something like that. I bet she thinks she started a movement by looking like someone punched her in the face a couple times.

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

It's so cool to purposely create darker undereye circles then complain that there's no CONCEALER IN THE WORLD that will cover them

hcburbs
Debater
Debater

Post by hcburbs »

Following....

sisternancy
Lurker
Lurker

Post by sisternancy »

I like her eyeshadow blending videos, but her personality is starting to annoy me. On her IG stories she gets super defensive and passive aggressive about rude comments left on her YouTube videos. Clearly she isn't as cool, calm and collected as she wants to be perceived.

booty booty
Lurker
Lurker

Post by booty booty »

dude you dont look like dua lipa you just look like every other pixie haired 'im not like the other girls' girl

padelica
Learner
Learner

Post by padelica »

sisternancy wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:38 pm
I like her eyeshadow blending videos, but her personality is starting to annoy me. On her IG stories she gets super defensive and passive aggressive about rude comments left on her YouTube videos. Clearly she isn't as cool, calm and collected as she wants to be perceived.
I think that's another rich girl's syndrome. I unsubscribed when she remarked off-hand how good some masks are, comfortable, breathable, 25 dollars a piece, she and her boyfriend have a bunch of them... I couldn't help but calculate how much money that is. I don't know if $25 is a lot for a mask? I have washable cotton masks that I made myself and those paper ones, 2.5 euros for 50 pieces.
I mean. It's just a mask.
Or is it? :D
She experiments a lot with make up and I love her for that. A lot of other influencers repeat the same look every time, but she is always fresh and original.
But, boy, flexing is inevitable in those videos, haha...

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Um the disposable face masks at CVS are just as reliable for 75 cents lol.

Hell, even most "designer" masks are no more than 10 dollars so she's purposefully flexing

Also I find that the BGC on Reddit encourage her "rude" behavior whenever a commentor gives her constructive criticsm

I unsbbed from her a while ago just because she acts like she's doing us a favor

sofisticat
Informer
Informer

Post by sofisticat »

The BGC reddit is definitely up her ass for some reason. I can take her in small doses but the constant "dude! this one common technique changes your life!" schtick is wearing thin. Just say you're playing with makeup and move along.

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

I tried to get back watching into her since the pickings are slim for BGs on YouTube anyways, but why does she drone ona bout her "fair warm olive skin" like you're not even fair your skin is literally closer to a light/medium more than anything. Sorry for the weird complaint.

Alliecat_57
Learner
Learner

Post by Alliecat_57 »

DrowningInMelancholy wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:54 pm
I tried to get back watching into her since the pickings are slim for BGs on YouTube anyways, but why does she drone ona bout her "fair warm olive skin" like you're not even fair your skin is literally closer to a light/medium more than anything. Sorry for the weird complaint.
I was literally about to post the same thing. You don’t have fair warm olive skin, you have light/medium skin with a yellow undertone - sincerely, a actual qualified makeup artist.

I’m not a fan of hers at all, I find her pretty boring and very stuck up

Return to “A-E”