Morgan Turner

Rabidosky69
Informer
Informer

Re: Morgan Turner

Post by Rabidosky69 »

StockyBarbie_Doll wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 2:57 pm
so I curiously went to her earliest YouTube videos to see how she talks. there is a huge difference in two things. the way she pronounces words as well as the way she actually speaks when she's talking. for example; in her earlier videos prior to clicking up with tara Lynn she pronounced channel very normally for where she has mentioned she lives. then as soon as she hooked up with tara (who has always said channel the way Morgan now does) Morgan started pronouncing it the same way. also, her tara Lynn, Mel Thompson and a few other YTrs around the same size as them all speak in a way that feels like it was originally coined by jaclyn hill. its hard to explain when typing but something along the lines of " I uhhhlllove this uhhprroduct" jaclyn hill has notably spoken this way since her early days and it seems like everyone sort of watched her, picked up her mannerisms and started parroting her behaviors and the way she speaks.

two other things I have noticed is 1. in a recent video she claimed she is not in debt from her makeup hoarding. if you do the EASY math on the average income of a teacher in her area, plus (ill give her the benefit of the doubt here and say she makes the most amount possible that social blade reports) add that together and just look at on average what she's spending on makeup, factor in living expenses....there is absolutely no possible way she is not in massive amounts of debt to be on YouTube. 2. her recent pat McGrath makeup haul she literally sits there and has to read the descriptions on every single blush,(what happened to the self proclaimed product knowledge enthusiast? you couldn't do bare minimum work prior to filming???) doesn't remember important factors and then even sits there and criticizes how much she dislikes it after ONE. USE. which its note worthy to say why the actual fuck would you not set your makeup each time you're reapplying a powder product after having to continuously wet down your face with makeup remover, reapply foundation then cake on that blush to be shocked that it was skipping on your skin?

yes, I had time. I find her and her cohorts and really the majority of the beauty space online, well maybe not the majority just the review space within the community; incredibly toxic. also, that storage WALL of unused makeup sitting behind her like a hoarders shrine is so embarrassing.
I remember at one point she still lived with her parents, even after she got married. So if she still is living with them rent free and if they have a dual income I could see her not being in debt on a teachers salary. Is she even still teaching? I haven’t watched her channel in a long time

soul reaper
Informer
Informer

Post by soul reaper »

No, she’s living with her husband in Miami now. She’s not teaching or doing anything else that pays besides YT, so far as I’m aware. The fact she thinks that 10k views “help” 10k people is ludicrous.

SpecifiedAnnoyance88
Lurker
Lurker

Post by SpecifiedAnnoyance88 »

Her husband's living his best life in Miami now, living off of her YouTube money. So sad. Dude, get a job!!!

soul reaper
Informer
Informer

Post by soul reaper »

If I hear “I’m a professional makeup reviewer” one more time…

Raven_nevermore
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Raven_nevermore »

Why does she annoy me so bad?? She is so far up her own butt

Aykfunny
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Aykfunny »

She posted a video an almost 2 hour video going through her eyeshadow palette collection. She said she has over 500 palettes. If the average price of her palettes is $30, which is low considering she has many ND and PMG, she has $15k in palettes alone. And I’m sure many of them she purchased herself. I don’t get how she can justify in her mind being so wasteful.

And the space this all takes. Mind you, they live in a one bedroom apartment in Miami.

ADoseOfReality
Learner
Learner

Post by ADoseOfReality »

I didn't watch her palette collection video but her entire attitude is one of entitlement, imo. She comes off as snobby, condescending, and 'better than'. I remember when I first got into makeup YT when Morgan was in her parent's house, and not even with the updated beauty room yet, and I thought she really knew her stuff. When I watch her apply shadow now however as she reviews a new palette, I wonder how in the world can the finished look come together when she literally slaps the product on her face. Her technique reminds me of a toddler playing with finger paints.

She is not likeable really... the way she speaks, carries herself, acts as if her reviews are so wonderful... kind of like we are lucky to be in her presence. Pretentious. Yikes. Sad, for such a young person.

skye
Lurker
Lurker

Post by skye »

Aykfunny wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:22 pm
She posted a video an almost 2 hour video going through her eyeshadow palette collection. She said she has over 500 palettes. If the average price of her palettes is $30, which is low considering she has many ND and PMG, she has $15k in palettes alone. And I’m sure many of them she purchased herself. I don’t get how she can justify in her mind being so wasteful.

And the space this all takes. Mind you, they live in a one bedroom apartment in Miami.
This is why I got turned off by her videos. She is unbelievably wasteful and never stops buying crap.
Her make up is stored in her kitchen/living... yet another ridiculous concept...

Angel0925
Talker
Talker

Post by Angel0925 »

ADoseOfReality wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:35 pm
I didn't watch her palette collection video but her entire attitude is one of entitlement, imo. She comes off as snobby, condescending, and 'better than'. I remember when I first got into makeup YT when Morgan was in her parent's house, and not even with the updated beauty room yet, and I thought she really knew her stuff. When I watch her apply shadow now however as she reviews a new palette, I wonder how in the world can the finished look come together when she literally slaps the product on her face. Her technique reminds me of a toddler playing with finger paints.

She is not likeable really... the way she speaks, carries herself, acts as if her reviews are so wonderful... kind of like we are lucky to be in her presence. Pretentious. Yikes. Sad, for such a young person.
She reminds me of A LOT of the rich girls from this area. She's from MD (which is where I live) and even though Idk which particular part of MD, she reminds me of all the uppity, rich white girls I went to school with. (I know she's part Asian, but she's white passing as am I.) Anyway, I agree about her technique. It's weird bc she's a working MUA and in the end her looks DO come together nicely for the most part, but watching her actual application always looks a bit "off" to me. I hope she's not that rough on her clients' faces!

HeyBabe
Learner
Learner

Post by HeyBabe »

Her voice drives me bonkers, to the point where I can't even absorb what she's saying. A coworker of mine has an even more exaggerated baby talk voice and it gets on my nerves so much. I just don't understand it... just talk like a normal adult for fuck's sake.

Edie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Edie »

Morgan's voice is so annoying and like a small child. She looks 12. Her collection is insane... That's sick hoarding. She claims when she moved her mom got her fair share of palettes and other makeup, but it's doubtful. It's like she doesn't realize all of that will go bad within a few years.

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by DrowningInMelancholy »

She gives me entitled bitch vibes. I don't think I've ever seen her re-use a palette twice

Sammy7
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Sammy7 »

"I review makeup FOLL TYME"
She will never let us forget she's a full time makeup reviewer.
I'm with the people bringing up her makeup hoarding. It's just ridiculous, and I get she is a FOLL TYME makeup reviewer but unless she really likes something, I doubt she uses half of this stuff twice. I hope she donates some of it, can't imagine having piles of makeup like her that just sit and collect dust and on to the next..

kpopit
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0

Post by kpopit »

What's so strange is that Morgan has repeatedly said that her parents were middle class/under 6 figures household and only tried to spoil her because she was an only child.
Has anyone else seen her TikToks? She has taken her "product knowledge enthusiast" title to a whole other level, making tons of short videos per day claiming how her opinions on products are facts and that she is truly more professional and knowledgeable than anyone else.

I completely agree that her maturity level seems stunted in her speech and mannerisms but I can't quite put a finger on it other than the strange pronunciations.

kpopit
Talker
Talker

Post by kpopit »

Seems like her hustling in Miami and on TikTok has paid off

Indignant Hedgehog
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Indignant Hedgehog »

Of all the critiques I've seen of Morgan's speech, I've never seen it mentioned how she (along with many creators) adopts AAVE mannerisms like fads. Like dropping "is" from she is pretty. I think maybe it stands out because she uses a very baby-fied voice. I don't know if it's racist but it makes me uncomfortable.

kpopit
Talker
Talker

Post by kpopit »

She does very much come across like a young child playing in her mother's closet smearing makeup on using phrases from adults around, especially when she does the white blouse with a tight bun and red lipstick "elegant lady" vibe

Dooyoo8675
Talker
Talker

Post by Dooyoo8675 »

I hate when she says "looks". Like, "I can get so many looks from this." just say, "There's lots you can do. It's very different and you can switch it up."

rdk123
Learner
Learner

Post by rdk123 »

The way she pronounces serum. Surum. I am from the east coast and that's not how we pronounce it. She's clearly a copy cat of Samantha March, Tara Lynn and a Sesame Street muppet with her fake pronunciations of words. We know you can say full coverage with a clear L sound Morgan. You are not cute. Annoying yes, but not cute.

JillyJane23
Lurker
Lurker

Post by JillyJane23 »

Thank you. Her pronunciation of things makes me bonkers. I have friends from the Maryland/DC area and no one talks like that. Aside from her blatant butchering of product/shade names, her odd way of speaking grates on me. I get the feeling that Tara does actually speak the way other folks out in her area do, that it’s more of an accent, but that doesn’t seem to be the case with Morgan.

Return to “K-O”