Learner
Learner

Re: BestDressed - Ashley aka BarelyDressed Pt. 2

Post by HotDogsOrToes »

someoneyeah wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 12:39 am
TheMagicAndMegan wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 1:26 pm

I was thinking she finally went the sugar daddy route, but if she is actually making money in a good legit way I'm happy for her.
Iirc she mentioned in a video that she doesn't like the idea of being a sugar baby.

These are just my estimates, but I think she probably gets a couple thousand in ad revenue + affiliate commissions every month from her old videos. When she was an active YTer, I'm assuming she was making 6 figures from adsense alone.

Now, she does around 1-3 sponsored Ig posts per month. Im guessing her rate, MINIMUM, is $10k per post, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's in 6 figures range.. She also had a jewelry line collab, and again, she has an investment portfolio.

She can probably sustain herself off of sponsored IG posts for a while.
Does a sugar daddy/sugar baby arrangement usually involve sex? If so you'd have thought it would be right up Ashley's vagina, sorry street :D

sportsauthority
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by sportsauthority »

HotDogsOrToes wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 1:33 am
someoneyeah wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 12:39 am

Iirc she mentioned in a video that she doesn't like the idea of being a sugar baby.

These are just my estimates, but I think she probably gets a couple thousand in ad revenue + affiliate commissions every month from her old videos. When she was an active YTer, I'm assuming she was making 6 figures from adsense alone.

Now, she does around 1-3 sponsored Ig posts per month. Im guessing her rate, MINIMUM, is $10k per post, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's in 6 figures range.. She also had a jewelry line collab, and again, she has an investment portfolio.

She can probably sustain herself off of sponsored IG posts for a while.
Does a sugar daddy/sugar baby arrangement usually involve sex? If so you'd have thought it would be right up Ashley's vagina, sorry street :D
now that was just straight up disrespectful
don’t slut shame sis when you could call her out for something valid instead
just my 2 cents

sportsauthority
Wanderer
Wanderer

HotDogsOrToes wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:55 pm
SnackerdoodleDoo wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:48 pm
Ok, so I just found this thread and... I found her channel recently and I kinda liked her bc she's not bland or boring AF like a LOT of fashion-y channels - but... wow, I thought it was just be being ace that found her sex notes in every video really friggen weird. Like, girl, if you want to shag a new guy every night, go for it - but do we REALLY need to know? There's a difference between being sex positive and feeling the need to talk about how much dick you get on the daily. I swear, I wonder if she isn't just bullshitting for some kind of weird 'cred' or something...

And, while I do like that she's got personality, it gets grating fast. I think her older videos are worse though, like she's mellowed a TEENY bit over the last year or so but... did she just vanish off Youtube? I gather since there's a semi-active thread here that she's somewhere (which is good bc, dude, her last video was like, talking about the creepy dude with a knife and like, damn... no videos for a year? I was kinda concerned for her to be honest)
She comes across (and I really don't like to use this word but I'm sorry to say I think it applies here) as a complete slag. She's the kind of girl that as a guy you'd meet in a bar and not believe your luck that a couple of hours later you were getting to shag her. But, like most girls that fall in to that category I bet she quickly casts you aside when the next shag for her comes along (probably the next day knowing her!). It's not just men that use women for sex I've found!

I'm surprised she has never found her way to Onlyfans. She seems like the type that would have no problem showing herself off nude to the internet and she'd make a killing on the foot fetish market. To be honest I'd probably subscribe out of curiosity, I want to see this 'mysteriously placed vagina' she keeps going on about!
what the hell... did a woman hurt u real bad

HotDogsOrToes
Learner
Learner

Post by HotDogsOrToes »

sportsauthority wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:44 pm
HotDogsOrToes wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:55 pm

She comes across (and I really don't like to use this word but I'm sorry to say I think it applies here) as a complete slag. She's the kind of girl that as a guy you'd meet in a bar and not believe your luck that a couple of hours later you were getting to shag her. But, like most girls that fall in to that category I bet she quickly casts you aside when the next shag for her comes along (probably the next day knowing her!). It's not just men that use women for sex I've found!

I'm surprised she has never found her way to Onlyfans. She seems like the type that would have no problem showing herself off nude to the internet and she'd make a killing on the foot fetish market. To be honest I'd probably subscribe out of curiosity, I want to see this 'mysteriously placed vagina' she keeps going on about!
what the hell... did a woman hurt u real bad
No, thankfully I've never been hurt by a woman so my views on Ashley are not coming from a place like that. I stand by fully what I said above though, that's my view of her and I think it's valid. I've never come across anyone as clearly obsessed with sex as Ashley and the fact she mentions it in all her videos or brings up really random things about her vagina etc. makes me want to call her out for it. You have a different view which is fine we are free to disagree on these things.

HotDogsOrToes
Learner
Learner

Post by HotDogsOrToes »

sportsauthority wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:59 pm
HotDogsOrToes wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 1:33 am

just my 2 cents
I don't see this as disrespectful at all. Plenty of women in the world go down the sugar baby route and do very well from it. I personally don't think sex work is anything for a woman to be ashamed of either. As long as they are doing it through their own free choice then it is pretty empowering in my view.

sportsauthority
Wanderer
Wanderer

HotDogsOrToes wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:42 am
sportsauthority wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:59 pm

just my 2 cents
I don't see this as disrespectful at all. Plenty of women in the world go down the sugar baby route and do very well from it. I personally don't think sex work is anything for a woman to be ashamed of either. As long as they are doing it through their own free choice then it is pretty empowering in my view.
I don’t think it’s wrong to say that she would might be interested in doing something like that, but there’s a difference in saying that as an observation and saying it in a shameful way. I think criticisms about her bringing up sex in her videos so frequently are 100% accurate. That shouldn’t be happening so often in her content. But to talk about creating nsfw content specifically being “right up her vagina” is absolutely comes off as disrespectful. A lot of your replies honestly have had elements of “slut shaming” to them. So while criticism of her sexual comments on YouTube is completely valid, we can talk about that while not shaming her for however active she is sexually. Your replies just sound like “SLUT!”

No one is asking if some random guy thinks some random woman (namely, bestdressed) is *too* sexually active or not. It’s just unnecessary, and not really our business. Let’s keep this topic to valid criticisms of her content and character.

HotDogsOrToes
Learner
Learner

Post by HotDogsOrToes »

My comment of sugar baby work being 'right up her vagina' was just an attempt at a humorous play on words based on the fact that Ashley herself is always throwing in random comments about her vagina on her videos. It wasn't an attempt to be disrespectful.

I'm not slut shaming either or saying she is 'too' sexually active. Hell I love sex and wish we all got to have it more in this world I think it'd be great! The point I was making was it is my impression that Ashley uses people for sex and then just dumps them off which I don't think is a good quality in a person and therefore is a comment on her character. I might be wrong about it but we should be free to discuss it on here and call her out for it.

Wreath Bins
Learner
Learner

Post by Wreath Bins »

I don't wanna speculate or anything but she always gave me "disappear away from work after structure in her life disappears to do drugs abroad and engage in materialism" vibes..
maybe because I am 30, and had stupid impulses like hers all the time, including giving the lolita vibe desperately and then traumatizing her style into maturity lol

Wreath Bins
Learner
Learner

Post by Wreath Bins »

Also, I don't think it's helpful to call anyone who has an opinion that it's problematic, the way she behaves. Whatever belief system you have or extent of the DSM and psychology/spirituality you believe in, it is VERY unwise to be codependent in a way where it's your sexuality that enables it, especially when you're in denial of it in public and depend on it in private. It is dangerous FOR THE WOMAN. We are optimists, and really like to think the dude is just some shallow bastard whose most favorable excuse is that he sleeps with sex workers often. Because the alternative means he is abusive, harmful, and dangerous. And she's a liar who pretends to be naive, rather influences millions of teenagers, than be honest with herself.

It's pretty grim.
So, yeah.
It's not slut shaming, it's people's way of expression of what they think would protect a person from harm.

someoneyeah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by someoneyeah »

Wreath Bins wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:54 am
I don't wanna speculate or anything but she always gave me "disappear away from work after structure in her life disappears to do drugs abroad and engage in materialism" vibes..
maybe because I am 30, and had stupid impulses like hers all the time, including giving the lolita vibe desperately and then traumatizing her style into maturity lol
What makes you think that? Aside from her drug jokes and her casually admitting to smoking weed before a class, I feel like if she actually did drugs she would brag about it in her videos lol

Wreath Bins
Learner
Learner

Post by Wreath Bins »

someoneyeah wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:58 pm
Wreath Bins wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:54 am
What makes you think that? Aside from her drug jokes and her casually admitting to smoking weed before a class, I feel like if she actually did drugs she would brag about it in her videos lol
I feel like her brand is being "cheeky", not simply mentioning it. It's just with the sex thing, she uses a lot of weird statements that make it cringey and obvious, but never really anything cleanly educational or factual. She won't have a take on drugs because she won't engage in that "scene" if she did, she would do it privately. But, if drugs were a recent thing, it wouldn't be something she is "out" with, she probably still thinks of herself as a perfectionist ideal fashion "icon" yet girl next door. Also, I happen to know the vibe of the area she is from specifically and they are totally the types of people who have depression and obsess with cohesion of identity over time, and so it is always the thing you least expect that had a joke or two said about it and then never again.
People who generally "perform", surround themselves by people who refuse to notice their real struggles, and Ashley seems like she is a magnet for that.

selenagomez
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by selenagomez »

kinda off topic but did she mention if shell ever return to youtube?
[url]http://blackpink.tumblr.com[/url]

HotDogsOrToes
Learner
Learner

Post by HotDogsOrToes »

selenagomez wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:09 am
kinda off topic but did she mention if shell ever return to youtube?
Nah she's completely silent on it. It's clear she's given up but she must still get some financials out of it so won't admit it in case it reduces he income.

moomoo34
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by moomoo34 »

Anybody seen that movie Not Okay? She had a cameo in the opening title sequence where she’s doing a hair tutorial/vlog. Wasn’t expecting to see her there

gossiplover1998
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by gossiplover1998 »

I know someone that knows her and she's a cheater and she's completely miserable with no friends- at least at the time this person was friends with Ashley's boyfriend at the time.

SunnyBunny
Debater
Debater

Post by SunnyBunny »

gossiplover1998 wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:25 pm
I know someone that knows her and she's a cheater and she's completely miserable with no friends- at least at the time this person was friends with Ashley's boyfriend at the time.
Oooh, spill the tea!

gossiplover1998
Learner
Learner

Post by gossiplover1998 »

SunnyBunny wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:04 pm
gossiplover1998 wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:25 pm
Oooh, spill the tea!
I'm afraid to say too much haha but basically she was living with someone back home and told her bf and their friends it was an old friend... She admitted to cheating with an ex.

malibubarbie44
Stalker
Stalker
Been thanked: 0

Post by malibubarbie44 »

Has anyone else seen the collab on tiktok she did with gucci.. idk what she was thinking with those outfits

narryfairy
Stalker
Stalker
Been thanked: 0

Post by narryfairy »

I used to be a huge fan of hers. Her recent behavior online makes me wish I never supported her. I'm rewatching some of her videos and it's so apparent now how fake she really was. She's never cared about anybody but herself. It seems very apparent that shes gotten rich off youtube/instagram money and is an shell of a person. Pretty sure she's into a lot of party drugs since she only cares about raves in Paris.

HotDogsOrToes
Learner
Learner

Post by HotDogsOrToes »

narryfairy wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:03 pm
I used to be a huge fan of hers. Her recent behavior online makes me wish I never supported her. I'm rewatching some of her videos and it's so apparent now how fake she really was. She's never cared about anybody but herself. It seems very apparent that shes gotten rich off youtube/instagram money and is an shell of a person. Pretty sure she's into a lot of party drugs since she only cares about raves in Paris.
100% agree with you she's nothing but a slag whore bitch these days. Do you hate her as much as I do then?

Return to “A-E”