Cimorelli Pt 2

FinallyFree21
Learner
Learner

Re: Cimorelli Pt 2

Post by FinallyFree21 »

yellowbowl wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:45 pm
I feel like Dani's recent videos have helped me realize how young and naive she is. She has grown a lot since she's been in Cimorelli and I'm really impressed with the "big sister" persona she's developing on her own channel when it comes to presenting her views on sex/relationships/life in a respectful way.

I feel like her decisions recently based on working/moving around really highlight how impulsive and immature she is (I don't mean immature negatively bc she IS a young woman). She is married to a man and one of the motivating reasons that marriage was exciting for her was because she came from a big family where she didn't feel unconditionally loved as an individual. I think she was really excited to get married and be independent. But then her husband turned out to be a depressed dude who needed to go home to his family for support - no judgment to him, but I think this is really unaligned with her hopes for marriage. Especially since he didn't even pursue medication/therapy in the time that they've been home so far according to her recent video where he is thinking about finally getting therapy. I feel like it probably was really disappointing for her (and totally not her fault) to not be "enough" for Emmyn when she literally left her family "for" him. And I also just think she needs independence for her own growth right now and her marriage isn't providing it since Emmyn keeps moving her around.
I agree that their relationship is not working out for either of them. People can feed off of each other's mental illnesses and that's the vibe I get from them. I'm not saying it's anyone's fault, but I think they should focus on trying to have more stability in their lives before things get worse.

But even if Emmyn was trying as hard as he could with his band, I think they'd still be in the same situation. He's only 21...that's just so young.

I'm not saying Dani expected him to support her, but she has said she's waiting for his music career to take off.

I don't think she realizes how unlikely that is. Most musicians and singers don't make it big and her family did probably because their parents are so wealthy.

If you look at the statistics less than 1% of singers/musicians become famous. The odds are just really bad...I don't think Emmyn realizes that.

But because Dani grew up so wealthy (and is really young too), I don't think she understands that either.

FinallyFree21
Learner
Learner

Post by FinallyFree21 »

But I agree that it's very difficult for Dani too. My comment doesn't read the way I wanted it to. I meant that I feel like Dani and Emmyn are both naive, but I think Dani was very disappointed too.

Emmyn still has his entire family to support him. Dani really doesn't seem to have that with her family. It's not his fault at all, but I think Dani didn't realize how much freedom she would give up by marrying him so fast.

It's not Dani's fault either, but I feel like if she had just waited awhile, a lot of this could've been avoided. I don't think she realized how deep Emmyn's depression was or planned for the future much, because she married him so fast.

And I really don't think she's happy living in an apartment after growing up in a mansion. Like at all. And so I don't think things will get better for her or Emmyn until they start looking at the real issues, not just moving all the time and making random plans.

stocktonslap209
Learner
Learner

Post by stocktonslap209 »

I remember when Dani and Emmyn were dating, Emmyn posted a video updating that Dani left her account on and before he finished the video he said ok, I'm going to church now, bye bye. Is it normal and okay for your significant other to just post videos on your account? I feel like that was crossing a line.

ghostflusters
Debater
Debater

Post by ghostflusters »

stocktonslap209 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:39 pm
I remember when Dani and Emmyn were dating, Emmyn posted a video updating that Dani left her account on and before he finished the video he said ok, I'm going to church now, bye bye. Is it normal and okay for your significant other to just post videos on your account? I feel like that was crossing a line.
Yeah it’s pretty normal… especially for teenage relationships and friendships like someone leaves their phone open so you make a silly post on their account or whatever.

Like clearly there is a lot of issues with their relationship but I think people read into things far too much sometimes.

FinallyFree21
Learner
Learner

Post by FinallyFree21 »

I think I talk about Dani way too much. But she's always been one of my favorites and I can't figure out what her future is going to be like.

I really hope things work out for Dani, but I think she and Emmyn will inevitably divorce. Even if he doesn't want to, his family will probably push for it if his mental health continues to get worse.

I don't think Dani caused him to suffer at all. It's absolutely not her fault. But I think his family will eventually intervene.

Plus I think it would be better for Dani too. She sacrificed a lot after she married him. Mental illnesses can take years and years before they finally start getting better.

I don't think Dani realizes that Emmyn's mental state is probably not going to improve quickly. They could easily be in their 30s still waiting for him to fully recover.

It's not his fault either, not at all, but I think that's a huge sacrifice for Dani to make.

talldecafcappuccino
Talker
Talker

Post by talldecafcappuccino »

Also guilty of bringing up Dani so much!

I wonder if Dani and Emmyn will consider couples therapy. Emmyn 100% needs professional help. It's nice that he has the support of his family and growing up in a Hispanic household, it's very normal for adult children to stay at home well into their 20's but I think Emmyn needs to actually work on himself.

Something Dani always seems to bring up is that she really wants her own space as a married couple with Emmyn.
She is making all of these accommodations for him, which is nice...she is an understanding and supportive partner. But you can't always fix depression (and ocd, I believe she's mentioned he has that) on your own or by relying on others who aren't professionals. Really hope he gets the help he needs if it's as bad as they're making it seem.

mysterylovescompany
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by mysterylovescompany »

Screenshot from Lauren's insta a little while back. Under the cut because it's giant.
Lauren says that back in 2007, she and Christina and Amy wanted to start the band (they began a trio) but Kath and Lisa weren't keen. I wonder if their opinions have changed over the years, and if there's still a certain level of peer pressure (or a sense of not wanting to let the team down). Christina, Kath and Lisa all seem like SAHMs, Lauren is dating and Amy... still acts like a teenager. Surely Cimorelli feels more like a side hustle than a full-time job nowadays? Especially since they still have the same target audience of teenage girls.

ghostflusters
Debater
Debater

Post by ghostflusters »

mysterylovescompany wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:54 am
Screenshot from Lauren's insta a little while back. Under the cut because it's giant.
Lauren says that back in 2007, she and Christina and Amy wanted to start the band (they began a trio) but Kath and Lisa weren't keen. I wonder if their opinions have changed over the years, and if there's still a certain level of peer pressure (or a sense of not wanting to let the team down). Christina, Kath and Lisa all seem like SAHMs, Lauren is dating and Amy... still acts like a teenager. Surely Cimorelli feels more like a side hustle than a full-time job nowadays? Especially since they still have the same target audience of teenage girls.

This makes sense. Katherine had mentioned a lot how she would love to be a teacher and that music wasn’t something she saw herself doing forever. And objectively Lisa is the most talented of the group and probably would have liked to pursue a real solo career.

I would imagine that there was pressure from Christina seeing as she is very controlling and wants things to be done her way. But I think that the majority of pressure probably came from their mother as their manager. We know now that Dani was pressured into the band so it’s not hard to piece together that the others were too. Christian family bands do well a lot of the time, it’s a shtick and their mother would know that.

ghostflusters
Debater
Debater

Post by ghostflusters »

Double post because I forgot to add but the reason I think they were all fast tracked into graduating high school and didn’t get to genuinely pursue college is because their mother wanted them to dedicated all of their time to the band.

25scuba
Learner
Learner

Post by 25scuba »

ghostflusters wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:46 am
mysterylovescompany wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:54 am

This makes sense. Katherine had mentioned a lot how she would love to be a teacher and that music wasn’t something she saw herself doing forever. And objectively Lisa is the most talented of the group and probably would have liked to pursue a real solo career.

I would imagine that there was pressure from Christina seeing as she is very controlling and wants things to be done her way. But I think that the majority of pressure probably came from their mother as their manager. We know now that Dani was pressured into the band so it’s not hard to piece together that the others were too. Christian family bands do well a lot of the time, it’s a shtick and their mother would know that.
I don't think christina or their mom pressured anyone, it's just that some were more keen at the start. it was kath's idea to post the video of party in the USA on youtube, otherwise they'd still be doing gigs. dani wanted to join the band when she was around 10 so they let her. obviously it affected her badly in some ways, but that doesnt mean it wasn't voluntary.

i honestly dont think their mom had that big a role to play in who joined and what they did because although she was their manager, she didn't have any creative control. she made a blog post about how she wanted to make sure the kids were safe as they navigated the industry, so she used to go with them to events and stuff. i assume they all just naturally fell into the band and didnt feel the need to complete college.

alice25
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by alice25 »

Dani made another video about Emmyn's depression and how her life is hard etc, and the comments are calling her out. They plainly tell her they need to get jobs, stop moving around and see therapists. Some even say this marriage won't last. I'm glad to see people are getting real with her, however this could put her in a dilemma as some subscribers might drop her channel if she doesn't make progress towards a more settled life. and after all, it's still quite clear that her and Emmyn just don't want to get jobs etc, which seems to come across a bit arrogant to some commenters

she was also called out for driving to McDonald's lol. Her "consciousness" is completly gone

lemonbanana
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lemonbanana »

Does anyone else feel weird about Christina's life coaching sessions...? She just offered new ones and talked about it in her Insta story. I just can't imagine who would book these sessions. Shes not a professional. She might get told that shes super wise or whatever or that she gives good advice, but honestly that's probably because she is the oldest sister and most of her followers are also younger than her, so they perceive her as much more grown up and "wise" than themselves. But then again her sessions are SUPER expensive. So only adults would be able to afford them (except maybe teens with rich parents haha). I just think anyone should spend their money on a therapist rather than on someone who views this as a hobby (she calls it passion but again, she has no qualifications whatsoever as far as I know). Sure it would be a fun thing if she made a YouTube video or Insta stories from time to time in which she answers questions from her followers about life advice or something. But charging that much as a non professional is just a rip off 😬

talldecafcappuccino
Talker
Talker

lemonbanana wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:23 am
Does anyone else feel weird about Christina's life coaching sessions...? She just offered new ones and talked about it in her Insta story. I just can't imagine who would book these sessions. Shes not a professional. She might get told that shes super wise or whatever or that she gives good advice, but honestly that's probably because she is the oldest sister and most of her followers are also younger than her, so they perceive her as much more grown up and "wise" than themselves. But then again her sessions are SUPER expensive. So only adults would be able to afford them (except maybe teens with rich parents haha). I just think anyone should spend their money on a therapist rather than on someone who views this as a hobby (she calls it passion but again, she has no qualifications whatsoever as far as I know). Sure it would be a fun thing if she made a YouTube video or Insta stories from time to time in which she answers questions from her followers about life advice or something. But charging that much as a non professional is just a rip off 😬
Ugh, could not agree more!!
It really, really bothers me when people do this. I sincerely hope no one is actually paying her for it. Maybe some naive kids using their parents money, but I can't imagine anyone else paying a non professional for vague life advice from someone who has no training or background in psychology. I like the idea of her answering questions on stories/YouTube but I guess she figures if she can charge people for why not. It's really exploitive of her.

talldecafcappuccino
Talker
Talker

alice25 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:46 am
Dani made another video about Emmyn's depression and how her life is hard etc, and the comments are calling her out. They plainly tell her they need to get jobs, stop moving around and see therapists. Some even say this marriage won't last. I'm glad to see people are getting real with her, however this could put her in a dilemma as some subscribers might drop her channel if she doesn't make progress towards a more settled life. and after all, it's still quite clear that her and Emmyn just don't want to get jobs etc, which seems to come across a bit arrogant to some commenters

she was also called out for driving to McDonald's lol. Her "consciousness" is completly gone
Ok so I finally had time to catch up on all of Dani's recent vlogs and noticed the same thing. I feel like when Dani left Cimorelli to start Conscious Calleiro, she chose sustainability because she thought she could do it and become known as a sustainability vlogger, but she wasn't passionate about it all. She addressed her lack of sustainability recently in a video and said she stopped being as sustainable because she didn't feel like the responsibility should be on her to make environmentally friendly changes- it should be on big corporations, which is fair, but really goes to show she wasn't really into that lifestyle in the first place. Which is fine, she's young and still figuring things out! But it was misleading...I followed her because I like that kind of stuff. The whole point of being sustainable is that you do your part in spite of the fact that big corporations need to make changes also.

Based on some comments she liked on her videos, I get the feeling that Dani wishes Emmyn would start therapy but for whatever reason he hasn't yet. She has been working on herself, her mental health, and her youtube channel, and I feel like it puts a lot of pressure on her because that's their main source of income. She is making a lot of effort but it doesn't seem mutual.

At this point youtube is her job and I'm interested to see how her content changes/grows. I feel like most famous content creators have a schtick- fashion vloggers, foodies, vegan vloggers, mommy vloggers, lifestyle vloggers, etc. Even on TikTok there are working professionals who talked about their jobs (lawyers, psychologists, teachers, scientists) and got famous for it. At this point Dani is just vlogging but there is no theme. Hope it's sustainable as an income source.

Also, agreed that Emmyn's goal of getting famous with his band is unrealistic. These days you need money and or good connections to make it in the industry (which I guess they have?). The music scene in Tennessee is pretty big. I kind of wonder why they didn't try and get a following there first and then move to LA.

I am rooting for them, so I hope things work out.

FinallyFree21
Learner
Learner

Post by FinallyFree21 »

I just looked at Emmyn's band Instagram and he said they lost a competition for his band. I think this is one reason for why they left LA. He says the competition was rigged and describes a lot in this post:

And I like this promo video they did!! It's funny:

Maybe it'll be easier in TN for him to become famous? LA is extremely competitive.

YouTube and TikTok are also really competitive. I agree that if Dani doesn't find some kind of theme or niche, her channel might not continue to grow.

talldecafcappuccino
Talker
Talker

FinallyFree21 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:37 am
I just looked at Emmyn's band Instagram and he said they lost a competition for his band. I think this is one reason for why they left LA. He says the competition was rigged and describes a lot in this post:

Maybe it'll be easier in TN for him to become famous? LA is extremely competitive.

YouTube and TikTok are also really competitive. I agree that if Dani doesn't find some kind of theme or niche, her channel might not continue to grow.
That competition is really unfair. Basically anyone who can afford to buy the most votes is the winner. In 2019 an artist I followed with a big fan base made it to the semi finals and even with donations they did not make it as a finalist.
This year I actually paid more attention and the people who made it to the end definitely did not have the fan engagement online to correlate with their votes.
Someone I went to high school with actually made it to the top three this year. They came from a wealthy family. They didnt win and had less engagement than Games We Play. The people who won had even less engagement. I feel like they threw money into it last minute to win, because the person who was 2nd was neck in neck with them the whole last week of the competition.

allycatt
Talker
Talker

Post by allycatt »

oof I have a lot to catch up on in here lol. But I’m definitely guilty of bringing up Dani a lot too (I just think her situation is the most interesting to talk about right now!) and I came on here just to see what y’all were saying because I ended up watching her “truth about my life” video this morning. And it made me really sad tbh, for her and for Emmyn.

Emmyn definitely needs some form of help. I hope he’s looking into it. I get that seeking help can be really intimidating, but it’s so worth it in the end. He won’t be able to fulfill these dreams and goals he’s got for himself and his future if he’s doing as poorly as it’s said he is. Dani’s support and the support of his family can only go so far.

I think Dani would benefit from some form of therapy or something too. Having a third party to talk to about her life and her feelings could go a long way. I think she needs to stop putting this type of information on her channel for the world to see. If she is feeling lonely and wants to talk, having someone like a therapist to listen would be super beneficial. She wouldn’t risk exposing her/Emmyn’s personal details and could actually get feedback. I feel like the fact that she is constantly making videos about how sad she feels, how lonely she is, how much she and/or Emmyn are struggling just further proves how isolated she is. She has no one else to talk to about these things but herself and her camera and her viewers. That’s really sad.

I don’t doubt that Dani and Emmyn love each other, but they both give me “trapped” vibes and it’s just sad. Not like “they should break up”, but “they have no one else but each other”. They appear to lead very isolated lives. I really hope they can figure something out and they can both get some other form of support. Being severely depressed and being the partner of someone severely depressed can be so draining and lonely. Especially if you do what Dani’s done and uproot your whole life for them. Then you’ve got the added isolation of being away from the life you’ve built.

I don’t blame Dani for being frustrated, and I don’t blame Emmyn for something out of his control. They’re both stuck in a very unfortunate situation. But that’s why I want them to put themselves first and seek help for themselves. They’ll never get out of this slump if they keep things the way they are. It’ll just become a terribly long cycle that won’t end.

allycatt
Talker
Talker

Post by allycatt »

FinallyFree21 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:37 am

I have no experience with things like this so this is all my opinion, but competitions like this suck lol. They’re almost always unfair and there’s so many ways to cheat the system. It sucks for GWP that it ended up like that, but honestly kudos to them for taking it for what it was and deciding to leave it. I’m sure it sucked to quit the contest but it was probably worse to work hard and fairly to advance, then get nothing in return.

This is probably easier said than done, especially with covid, but I think GWP should try and engage more with the local music scene. TN is big on country music first and foremost, so maybe that’ll leave more space for more pop punk bands like GWP. Paramore came from TN, and they were a leading band in the genre for years lol. (They did get very lucky though.) Even Taylor Swift got her break that way, by performing at a cafe.

It would take a lot of work and possibly years, but TN is a (slightly?) smaller scale than LA and if Emmyn and GWP try and break out locally, it could increase their chances of being noticed by someone important. Maybe doing so could be easier here than there. It wouldn’t hurt to try at least!

Juliaemonaco8
Learner
Learner

Post by Juliaemonaco8 »

The Cimorelli's didn't make it because the parents are wealthy, they posted a video on youtube and were randomly discovered by their manager.

25scuba
Learner
Learner

Post by 25scuba »

allycatt wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:06 am
oof I have a lot to catch up on in here lol. But I’m definitely guilty of bringing up Dani a lot too (I just think her situation is the most interesting to talk about right now!) and I came on here just to see what y’all were saying because I ended up watching her “truth about my life” video this morning. And it made me really sad tbh, for her and for Emmyn.

Emmyn definitely needs some form of help. I hope he’s looking into it. I get that seeking help can be really intimidating, but it’s so worth it in the end. He won’t be able to fulfill these dreams and goals he’s got for himself and his future if he’s doing as poorly as it’s said he is. Dani’s support and the support of his family can only go so far.

I think Dani would benefit from some form of therapy or something too. Having a third party to talk to about her life and her feelings could go a long way. I think she needs to stop putting this type of information on her channel for the world to see. If she is feeling lonely and wants to talk, having someone like a therapist to listen would be super beneficial. She wouldn’t risk exposing her/Emmyn’s personal details and could actually get feedback. I feel like the fact that she is constantly making videos about how sad she feels, how lonely she is, how much she and/or Emmyn are struggling just further proves how isolated she is. She has no one else to talk to about these things but herself and her camera and her viewers. That’s really sad.

I don’t doubt that Dani and Emmyn love each other, but they both give me “trapped” vibes and it’s just sad. Not like “they should break up”, but “they have no one else but each other”. They appear to lead very isolated lives. I really hope they can figure something out and they can both get some other form of support. Being severely depressed and being the partner of someone severely depressed can be so draining and lonely. Especially if you do what Dani’s done and uproot your whole life for them. Then you’ve got the added isolation of being away from the life you’ve built.

I don’t blame Dani for being frustrated, and I don’t blame Emmyn for something out of his control. They’re both stuck in a very unfortunate situation. But that’s why I want them to put themselves first and seek help for themselves. They’ll never get out of this slump if they keep things the way they are. It’ll just become a terribly long cycle that won’t end.
I totally agree. I think it's kinda funny that we as an audience are asking her to not share details of her life, since that's what an influencer's job is. I think her last video about how frustrated she is has the potential to really hurt emmyn. of course that's not her intention and she has every right to feel that way, but if anyone made a video about how much MY mental health issues are hurting THEM and broadcast it to the world, I would be pissed. not to mention the fact that she's basically made it clear that she doesnt wanna be in TN and is only there because of emmyn. why can't they just talk these things out? does dani ask him for his consent? who knows.

I'm actually not gonna watch her super personal videos anymore - it feels invasive and uncomfortable lol.

Return to “Music”