Samantha March Pt 2

Rabidosky69
Informer
Informer

Re: Samantha March Pt 2

Post by Rabidosky69 »

facepainter wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:31 pm
As far as the way she's dressing, she's always dropped hints that she loves dressing in a revealing and sexual way. I remember watching the storytime video on her wedding, and she mentioned that everyone had probably expected her to buy a really tight dress because that's the kind of clothes she usually wears. Then she added that it had a sheer bodice and that she didn't wear underwear, and that these were her Samantha March touches. She mentions it here at 14:42:

That was the first time I heard her imply that she apparently likes to dress in a sexy way, which I was totally surprised by because that's not the vibe I got from her videos at all. If anything, I thought she'd be the type to be shy and scared to wear sexy clothes. But after that she made a few other comments throughout the years suggesting that she likes to wear really tight and revealing clothes.
She posted plenty of fashion hauls over the years where she showed her "style". I try not to judge what other people like to wear, but it always came across to me like she is very obsessed with how she looks and her only value comes from male attention. Maybe it's due to her childhood sexual abuse, can't really understand. Vegas seems to fit her lifestyle more, I lived in Iowa and can understand how people would be very judgy of her outfit choices. Maybe she really is happier but it just looks like an empty life. I'm not saying you have to have a husband to be happy, but how long is she going to be satisfied with this party lifestyle? I guess she won't stop if this is funding her lifestyle but as someone observing who just turned 35 the reality is just depressing.

facepainter
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by facepainter »

Yeah I don’t think there’s anything wrong with dressing in sexy clothes, but whenever I take a look at her TikTok and Instagram posts where the clothes are the focus, it comes off as a little cringey. I don’t know why, but it doesn’t feel natural coming from her. It’s like she’s putting on a show or trying to convince herself she feels confident? Maybe trying to fake it til she makes it? There are a lot of women who dress the same way she does and it doesn’t come off as uncomfortable because you get the sense that this is how they really are. With Sam it feels like she’s trying to convince herself that this is who she is. What do I know though.

velvetmuse
Talker
Talker

Post by velvetmuse »

facepainter wrote:Yeah I don’t think there’s anything wrong with dressing in sexy clothes, but whenever I take a look at her TikTok and Instagram posts where the clothes are the focus, it comes off as a little cringey. I don’t know why, but it doesn’t feel natural coming from her. It’s like she’s putting on a show or trying to convince herself she feels confident? Maybe trying to fake it til she makes it? There are a lot of women who dress the same way she does and it doesn’t come off as uncomfortable because you get the sense that this is how they really are. With Sam it feels like she’s trying to convince herself that this is who she is. What do I know though.
Yeah, this sums it up for me. My issues with her aren’t even the clothes or the NFL players in her DMs or her cringeworthy “boss babe” persona, those are all symptoms of the thing that really pisses me off about her which is her insecurity. It seeps through every single thing she does like a stench. In the same way that natural confidence is attractive, this kind of deep-to-the-bones insecurity is an extreme turn off in everything she does. Even the jokes she tells and the way she speaks trying to seem cool. It’s all the same thing.

Takeabow15
Learner
Learner

Post by Takeabow15 »

Samantha met her ex in college and is recently divorced so I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing for her to live it up as a single person or sleep around. What I judge is her seeming belief that she is "GOALS." I've done the party life and it does not make you better or cooler than anyone. Also, I find it laughable that she gushes everywhere about her friend group. Dollars to donuts, most of those "friendships" are based on proximity and availability. When the party stops, my experience is that most of those types of friendships don't have a lot of substance or lasting power.

velvetmuse
Talker
Talker

Post by velvetmuse »

Can’t even stand her Undomestic Goddess crap on Instagram. You’re a 35-year-old woman who never learned how to cook for herself. That’s embarrassing.

Silverwinged
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Silverwinged »

velvetmuse wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:55 pm
Can’t even stand her Undomestic Goddess crap on Instagram. You’re a 35-year-old woman who never learned how to cook for herself. That’s embarrassing.
not to mention, her version of "cooking" is a pasta kit from the grocery store lol.

Rabidosky69
Informer
Informer

Post by Rabidosky69 »

It's one thing if you don't like cooking and just want to do simple recipes. It's annoying when you make it a personality trait like haha I'm so bad at cooking and I just won't try to learn.

Silverwinged
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Silverwinged »

Rabidosky69 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:33 pm
It's one thing if you don't like cooking and just want to do simple recipes. It's annoying when you make it a personality trait like haha I'm so bad at cooking and I just won't try to learn.

but shes just sOoOoO bUsY :rofl:

soul reaper
Informer
Informer

Post by soul reaper »

Rabidosky69 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:33 pm
If she’s as great at cooking as she is at writing…… :roll:

Rabidosky69
Informer
Informer

Post by Rabidosky69 »

She's posting a lot more tik-toks about a possible new man, is it to make her ex jealous or is there actually something happening?

padelica
Learner
Learner

Post by padelica »

Why does she have to advertise her ignorance in every other video?
She doesn't know what DC is, she hasn't seen any movies, now she's bragging about not seeing American Psycho. I mean, we do have Google, don't we?
There are Wikipedia articles on literally every of these topics and she could read about them, just not to be so stupid every time.
How on earth can someone like this be a writer? Even for chicklit you cannot be so dumb.

facepainter
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by facepainter »

padelica wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:57 am
Why does she have to advertise her ignorance in every other video?
She doesn't know what DC is, she hasn't seen any movies, now she's bragging about not seeing American Psycho. I mean, we do have Google, don't we?
There are Wikipedia articles on literally every of these topics and she could read about them, just not to be so stupid every time.
How on earth can someone like this be a writer? Even for chicklit you cannot be so dumb.
For some reason she thinks it comes off as cute or relatable. She has the strangest notions of what makes a person unique. She's made so many videos about feeling like a total outcast because she likes to read/write AND makeup. :roll: I don't know where on earth this is supposed to be some kind of bizarre combination that makes it super hard to find anywhere to fit in. I know plenty of women who are avid readers and who also wear makeup on a regular basis.

I also think her habit of naming every object she owns is annoying as fuck and it comes off as a contrived quirk that she picked up to try and seem different. Every time she calls her plant "Perry" I have to click off the video. She's talked about how she will literally give names to everything -- her computer, her plants, her car, her furniture, her pens and pencils, her TV, and basically everything else. That shit would drive me up a wall. I think I'd file for divorce just because of that.

padelica
Learner
Learner

Post by padelica »

I didn't know she names things, but the idea that stupidity is "relatable" is just insulting.

facepainter
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by facepainter »

Yeah, she can't make up her mind as to whether she wants to be seen as a smart hot chick who ~*~*wRiTeS bOoKs*~*~ or just a straight up dumb hot chick. I know there are people who don't keep up with movies and TV shows and all of that, but the way she tries to make it a personality trait comes off as an attempt to come off as quirky somehow.

The naming objects thing is ridiculous. She names her tables, chairs, everything. She used to mention "Perry" literally every video, but I don't know if she does as much these days now that her setup is different. Though she did mention that "so many people have asked me about Perry" when she first moved. :roll: Perry is her stupid plant.

Rabidosky69
Informer
Informer

Post by Rabidosky69 »

Wow the combo of her new "unbothered" merch plus releasing a 3 page coloring book is interesting... Can't wait to see how unbothered she is on the Reddit thread of people calling her out for a cash grab!

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

For some reason the "I released a colouring book!" post popped up on my youtube feed (no, I do not hate watch the idiots I don't like and I certainly don't sub to them on insta. Lol I don't even USE insta- what a cesspit).

I chuckled so loudly the light fittings rattled.

Why is that funny? I don't really know. Maybe because I imagine strung out mothers throwing her 'proper' books to their kids to colour on so she didn't really need an official release on that front.
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

velvetmuse
Talker
Talker

Samantha March Pt 2

Post by velvetmuse »

I have to say, Sam went a decent amount of time without really under-the-skin annoying me the way she used to, but it reared its head again just now watching her Sephora VIB sale cart video (“my cart is $1200” — yet again I will bring up her laughable attempt to jump on the makeup minimalism train/attempt to be as smart as Hannah Louise Poston with her “mindset in makeup” “series” that lasted all of 3 videos of wearing a hoodie at her kitchen table trying to be relatable before she realized she couldn’t commit to it).

Anyway, she’s talking about fragrance and how she has a new interest in it, and she’s trying to pronounce words like “Atelier” (“ateli-err”) and “Vanille” (“van-ill”). I’m amazed she spit out “cologne” correctly. This is the girl who loOOoOves travel and was a “travel major” in college (is that even a thing?). Pretty sure if you have such an interest in travel and other cultures you could manage the word “vanille” without sounding like a valley girl. Or by “travel” does she simply mean going to a tourist trap resort in the Caribbean and day drinking with other Americans?

Takeabow15
Learner
Learner

Post by Takeabow15 »

I realized that I stopped watching Sam's videos a few months ago even as a hate watch. Out of curiosity, I checked out how her channel is doing. Looks like she's been stagnant for months, when before her subscriber count would grow every few weeks.

https://socialblade.com/youtube/channel ... 6g/monthly

The timing of that halt in her subscriber count lines up perfectly with her move to Vegas. Looks like I'm not the only one who lost interest after she began spending constantly and acting like being a booty call is a life achievement.

It doesn't seem like Sam's channel was growing much at all even before that. At the end of 2018, she had around 70k subscribers and now has 109k. For comparison, in that same amount of time, Michele Wang went from less than 30k to 180k. Likewise, Risa Does Makeup, another Vegas resident and a longtime youtuber, went from 63k to 271k in that time. Both of them had less subscribers than Sam and now have significantly more than her.

Based off her growth patterns, social blade predicts that Sam's channel in 5 years will only have 130k subscribers. That's pathetic growth. With all of the content that she puts out and the attention her Will I Buy It serious got for awhile, you'd think her channel would have grown more. She's going to need to sell a lot of overpriced 3 month planners if she wants to continue buying luxury bags and shoes.

velvetmuse
Talker
Talker

Post by velvetmuse »

Takeabow15 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:22 pm
I realized that I stopped watching Sam's videos a few months ago even as a hate watch. Out of curiosity, I checked out how her channel is doing. Looks like she's been stagnant for months, when before her subscriber count would grow every few weeks.

https://socialblade.com/youtube/channel ... 6g/monthly

The timing of that halt in her subscriber count lines up perfectly with her move to Vegas. Looks like I'm not the only one who lost interest after she began spending constantly and acting like being a booty call is a life achievement.

It doesn't seem like Sam's channel was growing much at all even before that. At the end of 2018, she had around 70k subscribers and now has 109k. For comparison, in that same amount of time, Michele Wang went from less than 30k to 180k. Likewise, Risa Does Makeup, another Vegas resident and a longtime youtuber, went from 63k to 271k in that time. Both of them had less subscribers than Sam and now have significantly more than her.

Based off her growth patterns, social blade predicts that Sam's channel in 5 years will only have 130k subscribers. That's pathetic growth. With all of the content that she puts out and the attention her Will I Buy It serious got for awhile, you'd think her channel would have grown more. She's going to need to sell a lot of overpriced 3 month planners if she wants to continue buying luxury bags and shoes.
This is really interesting. With the way her spending habits changed I assumed she was seeing massive growth but never actually checked. Her numbers next to Michelle and Risa are staggering. She once mentioned in (I think it was) a tiktok that she started “a $100,000 business”, referring to the planner side gig. There’s just no way that can be true at this stage, right? She confuses me to no end.

facepainter
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by facepainter »

The stagnant numbers don't surprise me. I've always felt that she doesn't have the It Factor to really blow up like all influencers hope to. I will give her credit for at least managing to build up enough of a career that she can now support herself full-time. I don't think she's making enough money that she would be able to be the main provider for a household, but since she's only got to take care of herself and her dog, it's apparently enough.

I don't know what it is about her that lacks the spark. Sure she's pretty boring, but there are a ton of equally boring beauty gurus who have managed to find huge success. Allie Glines has gained almost 400K subscribers in the same amount of time that Samantha only gained 39K. Allie is the epitome of a safe and basic beauty guru with a cookie cutter personality, so I don't think she's got much more than Sam in that department.

For me the main difference is that some of these other gurus don't come off as uncomfortably insecure or desperate for success as Sam. I think there's a difference in determined ambition and desperation, and it comes down to confidence. Despite all the "girl boss" talk, I don't believe Sam is confident at all and it comes off as cringey. When she actually internalizes all the stuff she claims to believe about herself is when her demeanor and vibe will change.

Return to “P-T”