Wokey Glow & The Chin (Smokey Glow) pt 3

sofisticat
Informer
Informer

Re: Wokey Glow & The Chin (Smokey Glow) pt 3

Post by sofisticat »

So wild. Hannah works my last nerve but I think ultimately they're both better off without each other. They always brought out the worst and Charles always made fun of the stuff she likes (makeup and expensive shit), and something about him always rubbed me the wrong way. Like the time he read "hate" comments and pulled from here; he made some crack about the next time they're in a fight, he'll just read hate comments or something. It was obnoxious.

She'll def be the one paying bc he hasn't worked since a little after the pandemic hit the states, iirc. Plus, wasn't he jobless when they first got together? What is it with these youtubers latching onto such loser men? Doubt they did a pre-nup, that would have been the sensible thing.

Angel0925
Talker
Talker

Post by Angel0925 »

And she's back! Wanna guess what the video is about? Dumb luxury goods from fashion houses. 3 mins in and Hannah actually had the nerve to say that while she's not as witty or as funny as Nisa (the friend that she got the inspiration for this video from, aka the video idea she's stealing), "there is one thing she DOES know how to do.. and that's ROAST"

(Insert blank stare here) 🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨

I'm sry.. bitch, WHAT?!? Since when? Every single "roasting" video she's ever put out has been SUCH a snooze fest. Even when she would do the MetGala outfits (which is easy pickings, imo) she never really roasts. She just sits there and says what she does or doesn't like and what she'd do different. Oh Hannah... that's not roasting you dimwitted simpleton. Roasting is supposed to have an element of humor to it, and that ain't never been you, sis. You'd think with all the time she's been away she'd have something better to talk about than... whatever this video is gonna be.

Anyway, when I posted before I was talking about her loss. I was trying to refrain from saying it directly bc it's a touchy subject for so many people and I didn't want anyone to think I was disrespecting that if I were to say something negative about her. I would never, especially since I've gone through one myself. I saw about the upcoming divorce, though. I always had a feeling it would happen, just didn't think it'd be this soon.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

I can’t believe she’s already back. That was fast after her announcement.

sofisticat
Informer
Informer

Post by sofisticat »

Sis can't even roast vegetables. I think she mistook shrieking at the camera for "roasting". Nisa's jokes don't always hit for me but she has a far better grasp at humor in general than Smokey Leno. And I'm not surprised she's back already, how else is she gonna pay for that divorce lawyer?

shooksimmer
Learner
Learner

Post by shooksimmer »

sofisticat wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:28 pm
So wild. Hannah works my last nerve but I think ultimately they're both better off without each other. They always brought out the worst and Charles always made fun of the stuff she likes (makeup and expensive shit), and something about him always rubbed me the wrong way. Like the time he read "hate" comments and pulled from here; he made some crack about the next time they're in a fight, he'll just read hate comments or something. It was obnoxious.

She'll def be the one paying bc he hasn't worked since a little after the pandemic hit the states, iirc. Plus, wasn't he jobless when they first got together? What is it with these youtubers latching onto such loser men? Doubt they did a pre-nup, that would have been the sensible thing.
Yeah I agree with this. I actually liked their podcast but Charles always seemed off to me. The podcasts are all deleted now but in one of them he openly admitted to having narcissistic tendencies and in another he got into a huge argument with her over buying a luxury bag as a gift for HER graduation. He tried to grandstand about how buying luxury fashion is a terrible thing to do (someone earlier in the thread said he called buying expensive things a crime against humanity) and how Hannah could spend it on a spa trip that included him as a gift for HANNAH'S graduation. I also think buying luxury bags is a waste of money but I would never shame someone for wanting to buy one bc they like it, especially if its a grad gift and they can reasonably afford it which Hannah seemed to be able to. That moment was when I started getting red flags about their relationship and I hope Hannah can move on from that. I feel like Charles is a negative person and she can maybe start to find herself again.

Frito Pie
Informer
Informer

Post by Frito Pie »

That video was kind of strange in that she mentioned "her" dogs and the broken ping-pong table in the basement of the house they just renovated as a couple. Two of the things, besides just money itself, that they will have to figure out how to split. Kind of like she was emphasizing stuff that is going to be specifically affected by the divorce, when she could have just skipped "roasting" items that had anything to do with dogs or the house.

I never watched videos with Charles in them or listened to any podcasts at all, so I don't have any opinion on what he's like. But if he was putting down stuff she likes, in public no less, when she's the only breadwinner in the relationship, that doesn't speak much to his character. Having always been fat and felt I was unattractive my whole life, I can imagine feeling that if I had a boyfriend, he might be the only one I'd ever have. Maybe that's why she was willing to put up with him putting her down.

I was surprised to see a video from her so soon after that divorce announcement. Maybe it was prerecorded? Or maybe she waited to announce the impending divorce until after most of the split had already gone down and she is now in a better place mentally. Maybe.

Alliecat_57
Learner
Learner

Post by Alliecat_57 »

I don’t know how she has the nerve to roast fashion when she always looks so scruffy 🙄

sofisticat
Informer
Informer

Post by sofisticat »

Is "unkempt, and slightly dirty looking" a style? Because Hannah has that in spades. I appreciate that her hair isn't in sloppy poop bun for this one as she actually has lovely hair (when washed). Another video idea taken from Nisa, is that all she's capable of doing lately?

Also, while I agree with some of the wacky designer items (a Gucci tent), most of it's for nouveau riche people with no taste. It's giving lowkey jealousy to me. Y'know sort of like how Hannah used to slam Tatcha and Huda as being hella expensive and then they suddenly began appearing in her makeup collection as her channel blew up (didn't someone clock her with a chanel bag cropped out of a photo a while back?).

shooksimmer
Learner
Learner

Post by shooksimmer »

So I found out that the podcast episodes with Charles are still up on Spotify at the moment and I have been listening to some of them in my spare time before they take them down. I found the one with the handbag argument and it was worse than I remembered. They got into such a heated argument over a really dumb topic because somebody buying a handbag isn't a crime or unethical thing to do as nobody is forcing somebody to buy it. Also in the Valentine's day episode they kept joking about hopefully being together for longer than Charles ex (very awkward even if they never broke up) . Charles said he doesn't want kids but would do it for Hannah, which seems like an unclear position to take on a subject that serious. Especially bc he had such a strong opinion about handbags. Finally, one of the questions was to name 3 of their favorite things about each other and he couldn't even think of anything specific to say about her... It's pretty scary how many red flags there was in their relationship when you look back and that's just the part we saw on camera.

saucinonu
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by saucinonu »

i wonder if charles wasn’t supportive of her when she miscarried? from what i remember i don’t think she was trying or knew she was even pregnant but still, that can be really emotional and you need support. especially if he wasn’t into the idea of having kids, i could see him trying to brush it off

3robin3
Stalker
Stalker
Been thanked: 0

Post by 3robin3 »

shooksimmer wrote:So I found out that the podcast episodes with Charles are still up on Spotify at the moment and I have been listening to some of them in my spare time before they take them down. I found the one with the handbag argument and it was worse than I remembered. They got into such a heated argument over a really dumb topic because somebody buying a handbag isn't a crime or unethical thing to do as nobody is forcing somebody to buy it. Also in the Valentine's day episode they kept joking about hopefully being together for longer than Charles ex (very awkward even if they never broke up) . Charles said he doesn't want kids but would do it for Hannah, which seems like an unclear position to take on a subject that serious. Especially bc he had such a strong opinion about handbags. Finally, one of the questions was to name 3 of their favorite things about each other and he couldn't even think of anything specific to say about her... It's pretty scary how many red flags there was in their relationship when you look back and that's just the part we saw on camera.
i remember that episode so clearly and feeling really bad for her because i just felt charles was being mean. it was triggering because i have an ex who spoke to me that way. there was just something about his intensity and unsupportiveness that just felt hurtful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shooksimmer
Learner
Learner

Post by shooksimmer »

Any thoughts on this and when her "comeback" will be. Do you think she'll do another video addressing her absence or a normal video with an explanation in the beginning?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jadetigger
Stalker
Stalker

Post by jadetigger »

She just uploaded a video talking about the try guys and she’s got me fucked up out here. In the video, she talks about the whole ned situation and at one point basically tries to absolve the other woman of any wrongdoing because she believes it wasn’t a consensual workplace relationship, and that she’s somehow a fucking victim. What a load of fucking bullshit! Bitch, if someone cheats on their fucking significant other, they’re not a fucking victim tf??? She’s really out here saying the girl shouldn’t get any hate or be scrutinized for what happened. Uh, yes the fuck she should!! She cheated on her fucking FIANCÉ, she’s a cheater!! Cheaters should get all the fucking hate in the world tf?? What kind of woke, feminist, #metoo bullshit is she trynna spew out her fucking fat ass mouth???

Angel0925
Talker
Talker

Post by Angel0925 »

Yeah, idk what she was thinking with that one. The thing is, she was studying to be a therapist, right? Well, one thing in therapy is personal accountability and with Hannah's logic, Alex has nothing to be held accountable for, which is absolute HORSESHIT. Even if Ned went full evil villian and held Alex's job over her head by telling her she would be fired if she didn't sleep with him, she STILL would've had a choice whether or not to go through with it, even in that scenario (Hannah never even brought up the fact that Alex and Ariel were FRIENDS and Alex still cheated with Ned. She probably didn't bring it up bc it didn't fit her narrative, but whatever. We all know how Smokey rolls). So for Hannah to fully absolve Alex from her actions blows my mind. I know what point she was trying to make, but this was NOT it.

itiswhatitis35
Learner
Learner

Post by itiswhatitis35 »

It's not mutually exclusive to say that there was a power dynamic, but that Alex also did wrong. She had an affair with a married man. She knew he was married. She knew his wife, she was *friends* with his wife. She knew exactly what she was doing, you cannot argue at all that she was in the dark about anything related to Ned. It's one thing to be the other woman who doesn't know that the wife exists, it's something very different to be the other woman who knows she's the other woman. And company power dynamics do not change that.

I get that the Try Guys couldn't have immediately fired Alex, because she could easily sue them for wrongful termination. They had to handle the situation delicately. I'm sure she got a very generous severance package and for her part probably signed an NDA. But you'll never convince me that she was being threatened with being fired if she didn't sleep with Ned. We can discuss workplace power dynamics while also not absolving women of their role in the breakdown of a marriage. That's just infantalizing to women, saying that they aren't responsible for anything that they do, and it's all the Evil Men's fault.

But this is Wokey we're talking about, so, yeah.

shooksimmer
Learner
Learner

Post by shooksimmer »

Angel0925 wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:24 pm
Yeah, idk what she was thinking with that one. The thing is, she was studying to be a therapist, right?
She was studying social work and working with kids, but considering a decent chunk of them might have divorced parents, that's still concerning about what she might say to them regarding their parents divorce.

When I saw her comeback video was about the Try Guys soon after that cheating scandal happened, I immediately raised an eyebrow. I feel like its kind of awkward to announce your divorce and then one of the first videos after a break where you were going through that process is about another influencer who went through a cheating scandal and is probably getting a divorce as well. She never confirmed or alluded to Charles cheating on her and I doubt that he actually did but it seems so weird. Especially the part where she blamed Ned for everything and said that Alex had absolutely no blame kind of felt like she was projecting her own situation into that. I felt like she's making very subtle claims about it but knows that she probably can't openly discuss it for privacy reasons and the fact it would go against her brand of holding people accountable for their actions.

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

it takes two to tango, and i'm tired of willing adults trying to skirt accountability by playing the victim. this chick is just an idiot with a mouthpiece that she has abused.
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

sofisticat
Informer
Informer

Post by sofisticat »

Why am I not surprised Wokey has yet another bad hot take. Wonder if she's castigating all men because of the breakup? This reminds me of one of the Gabbie-Trisha dramas she covered and took Gabbie's side over (back when she was a Gabbie apologizer fan), Gabbie telling Jason that Trisha allegedly had an std.

Wokey's defense? Friends should tell each other serious things like that! Also, Trisha and Jason are older and may not know to share their sexual history. This woman is a fucking idiot.

vajigglejaggle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by vajigglejaggle »

i'm extremely late to the party, but i am not surprised in the least that she and that gross turd guy got divorced. they were just the most incompatible couple and he treated her like shit, in front of everyone. were we supposed to think that was just their CuTe and QuOrKy banter? he was outright calling her stupid all the time.
i mean, yes, she is stupid, but i'd at least expect someone who is her significant other to support her.
i always got a terrible vibe from them together.

chipn dip
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by chipn dip »

vajigglejaggle wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:03 pm
i'm extremely late to the party, but i am not surprised in the least that she and that gross turd guy got divorced. they were just the most incompatible couple and he treated her like shit, in front of everyone. were we supposed to think that was just their CuTe and QuOrKy banter? he was outright calling her stupid all the time.
i mean, yes, she is stupid, but i'd at least expect someone who is her significant other to support her.
i always got a terrible vibe from them together.
yep, agree
she is not in any way likeable, but he was even more dislikeable than her, and that's really saying something

Return to “P-T”