Talker
Talker

Re: Wokey Glow & The Chin (Smokey Glow) pt 3

Post by Angel0925 »

coffeeglitter wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:42 pm
Angel0925 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 pm
Just watched the latest podcast with Wokey Toe and the GBF. There were some parts that I REALLY hated, mostly their overuse of that stupidly annoying beep when they say someone's real name. However, there was one thing I really enjoyed and that was hearing the GBF tell Hamma she's stupid right to her face with such a quickness you can tell that it's something he's done and thought a million times before 😁 Totally living vicariously through him with that.
I've never heard their Podcast....
is this something I need to hate listen to?
😂😂 Idk.. do you mind watching mind-numbing content just to pass the time? It's under the channel name The Glow Show, except the podcast with her friend is under the title Glow Standards on the same channel. Hope that makes sense. Her friend (I keep forgetting his name) is kinda loud and he sometimes hurts my ears, but tbh I like him (so far) way more than her. Athough, it could be just bc he's new. Oh, and just a heads up.. in the latest episode they kept using this beep when they had to censor something and it was OBNOXIOUSLY loud. I saw at least one complaint about it in the comments. I haven't watched all their episodes together either. I forget what the 1st one was about, but another one was a ranking of Taylor Swift songs and I'd rather chew off my own foot than subject myself to that mess.

sofisticat
Informer
Informer

Post by sofisticat »

I'm surprised she allowed him to go "that far" tbh since she's so obsessed with her image. More proof that he serves as her GBF and so his clap backs to her are just seen as his sassy gay poking through. I might watch a video when they actually cover something interesting (not listening to a Swiftie stan rank dear TayTay's songs, ugh) but I don't like listening to loud people.

Also, one of my pet peeves is when youtubers don't take the time to even out their audio. It's not that hard and she fucking has FinalCut Pro.

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

the token gay best friend huh?

does she realize how much of a hypocritical hippopotamus she is?
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

Angel0925
Talker
Talker

Post by Angel0925 »

Ugh, just started watching the newest podcast and 20 mins in I had to turn it off and don't know if I'll l be able to watch again. Idk how I didn't notice it before but this girl is constantly playing with her tongue and like, not only licking her lips but like at one point she's literally laughing with her tongue hanging out and it's so freaking gross and just bothersome to see. Her face + a tongue hanging out is seriously not a good look. How one person could have so many gross habits is beyond me.

sofisticat
Informer
Informer

Post by sofisticat »

Lol, there's a tik tok on one of the older threads of her and a friend doing a dorky dance and her tongue.... It's like it has a mind of it's own.

Angel0925
Talker
Talker

Post by Angel0925 »

sofisticat wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:18 pm
Lol, there's a tik tok on one of the older threads of her and a friend doing a dorky dance and her tongue.... It's like it has a mind of it's own.
That sounds.. absolutely horrible.

Another thing I've noticed.. a long while back she made it a point to explain why she always edits her voice when she sings in a video (idk what spurned her into doing that maybe someone commented on it?). She said that to her, her singing was a very personal, private thing and that bc she's a "theater kid" (for the 100th time) she has a pretty voice, but she didn't think she'd ever not edit it. Well, idk what's changed or maybe it's bc it's a different channel but when she sings on her podcast channel she doesn't edit it (or have the guys edit it) and I gotta ask.. who the hell told her she had a pretty voice? I'm not saying it's particularly bad either, but it's DEFINITELY not "pretty". Unless you wanna call it "pretty" mediocre... I could 100% get behind that. What is it with influencers constantly hyping themselves up for shit that doesn't matter?? Is it bc they're all narcissistic?? I keep noticing it more and more these days and it's such a turn off, do none of them believe in modesty or not fishing for compliments? Maybe it's just me, idk. It's probably my inner boomer rearing it's ugly head 🤣🤣

sofisticat
Informer
Informer

Post by sofisticat »

Angel0925 wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:06 am
sofisticat wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:18 pm

Another thing I've noticed.. a long while back she made it a point to explain why she always edits her voice when she sings in a video (idk what spurned her into doing that maybe someone commented on it?). She said that to her, her singing was a very personal, private thing and that bc she's a "theater kid" (for the 100th time) she has a pretty voice, but she didn't think she'd ever not edit it. Well, idk what's changed or maybe it's bc it's a different channel but when she sings on her podcast channel she doesn't edit it (or have the guys edit it) and I gotta ask.. who the hell told her she had a pretty voice? I'm not saying it's particularly bad either, but it's DEFINITELY not "pretty". Unless you wanna call it "pretty" mediocre... I could 100% get behind that. What is it with influencers constantly hyping themselves up for shit that doesn't matter?? Is it bc they're all narcissistic?? I keep noticing it more and more these days and it's such a turn off, do none of them believe in modesty or not fishing for compliments? Maybe it's just me, idk. It's probably my inner boomer rearing it's ugly head 🤣🤣
This is news to me. Waaay back when I regularly watched her (back in her 10k days), she mentioned editing her voice because she was shy about it. How fascinating. So which is it, Hannah?

As far as the compliment fishing, she's always been about that life. She's the stereotypical vain ugly chick who does just enough to gussy herself up and people pay her compliments. Like that thin friend who comments they're trying to lose weight. Lauren May Beauty has been doing this a lot lately too. In her last vlog, she did a little grwm and was really hyping herself up.

Angel0925
Talker
Talker

Post by Angel0925 »

sofisticat wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:40 pm
Angel0925 wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:06 am

This is news to me. Waaay back when I regularly watched her (back in her 10k days), she mentioned editing her voice because she was shy about it. How fascinating. So which is it, Hannah?

As far as the compliment fishing, she's always been about that life. She's the stereotypical vain ugly chick who does just enough to gussy herself up and people pay her compliments. Like that thin friend who comments they're trying to lose weight. Lauren May Beauty has been doing this a lot lately too. In her last vlog, she did a little grwm and was really hyping herself up.
OMG, yes!! I vented about that on her forum 🤣🤣🤣 That's what I meant when I mentioned the other influencers, it's like they had a meeting and they all decided this was the new way to be 🙄 Or maybe they're just picking up Angelica's bad habits.. "I think I'm beautiful no matter what I wear, makeup or no makeup, I don't wear it to feel beautiful.." 🤮🤮🤮

backdoorteenmom
Learner
Learner

Post by backdoorteenmom »

Her husband reminds me of Steven Assanti from my 600 lb life ….yikes!!

Edit…spelling

sofisticat
Informer
Informer

Post by sofisticat »

Latest Glow Show vid, look Charles is finally back! Guess GBF is in the time out zone for calling Hannah stupid to her face, lol.
schlumpy-and-frumpy.png
The only thing I really cared about was the Juvia's Place drama, this starts around 26 minutes in, fyi. God forbid, we get any timestamps.

For those who aren't aware, JP featured an IG of an influencer Maggie Carrie using their eye liner and casually dropped a racial slur against Asians for a particular "ch**** look" she wanted (rhymes with slinky). The post was kept up for several days and JP was deleting comments calling them out. They deleted the post, put up a new one featuring an Asian model, deleted more comments, then finally deleted that post too. Then put up a vague handwavy, "our bad, tribe!" apology to their stories. The influencer also posted an apology in which she claimed she didn't realize it was a slur and proceeded to use it twice more. Other influencers, Robert Welsh and ThatGirlShaeXo, talked about it on twitter and so far, it's not been heavily discussed which is another talking point given the rise of hate crimes against Asians for the past year.

Hannah goes into it with typical Glow research gusto, which is to say none at all. It's all, "I heard about this," and "Apparently, that" and "Not sure if this" and so on. She was missing a lot of information which is not surprising but kinda suss since she is known to frequent reddit forums that discuss her. The BGC thread which worships the ground she waddles on has two dedicated posts/threads to the topic and a lot of information regarding the breakdown of events. Hannah makes a point of mentioning that she's thinking of doing a Deep Dive on Juvia's Place - can't wait to see which small creator she copies and pastes from! Then Charles derails the topic because it's been approximately five minutes and he hasn't been able to be faux-deep.

Charles: "Can I get kinda deep for a second?" *brings up Donald Trump in relation to accountability culture?* (I vaguely got what he meant but it was as deep as a tea spoon).

And just like that, they've meandered onto another topic. Lol. What was the point? They're talking about some streaming service. In the time it took me to type all this up, they moved onto a new topic. Now, they're gonna talk about Russia! Joy. :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

redzipstick
Learner
Learner

Post by redzipstick »

I've watched most of Hannahs videos but I've never been drawn to watch her podcasts what do they even talk about? her husband has always seemed off to me anyone else? there's something strange about him but I can't put my finger on it might give the new one ago and listen to it on 2x speed...

Tea87878
Learner
Learner

Post by Tea87878 »

Is her new video on Call me Daddy good? Because I'm interested in that drama but if I'm going to be rolling my eyes all the way through I'm not interested

Angel0925
Talker
Talker

Post by Angel0925 »

Tea87878 wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:41 am
Is her new video on Call me Daddy good? Because I'm interested in that drama but if I'm going to be rolling my eyes all the way through I'm not interested
Personally, I started watching it, but had to click out bc she got on my nerves. I suggest Angelika Oles' video on the drama if you want a good, quick run-down.

alexachungslegs
Learner
Learner

Post by alexachungslegs »

Dafuq happened w her in the Chanel video? Did she accidentally fall into a bucket full of orange fake tan?!!

SpecifiedAnnoyance88
Lurker
Lurker

Post by SpecifiedAnnoyance88 »

I didn't see any orange comments!!! Totally dumbfounded. What in the Donald Trump is going on??? 😂😂 All the comments are kissing her giant ass hard. Oh no, all the girls are now boycotting Chanel?! Whatever, basic bitches.

itiswhatitis35
Learner
Learner

Post by itiswhatitis35 »

Is it just me or does anyone else get sour grapes vibes from all of these recent anti-luxury videos she's been making? First she trashes Hermes, now Chanel, and yet she's admitted in the past to enjoying luxury handbags. I think she even has a Chanel bag.

When I saw the Hermes one I immediately thought that she had wanted a Birkin (or a Kelly), looked into how to get one, saw that it's really difficult without being super rich, and said to herself, "Hmph, I didn't want your stinky old bag anyway, and I'm going to make a 45 minute video in which I convince my audience (and myself) that Hermes sucks!"

Frito Pie
Informer
Informer

Post by Frito Pie »

alexachungslegs wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:07 pm
Dafuq happened w her in the Chanel video? Did she accidentally fall into a bucket full of orange fake tan?!!
She got sunburned. I think she mentioned it in the "Call Me Daddy" video.

Snickerdoodle94
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Snickerdoodle94 »

She couldn't have burnt her whole face evenly 😂 and if you look at her hands you can see the fake tan crust that you see on everyone who fake tans. Surprised noone has called her out for "changing her ethnicity"

soul reaper
Informer
Informer

Post by soul reaper »

Snickerdoodle94 wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:47 am
She couldn't have burnt her whole face evenly 😂 and if you look at her hands you can see the fake tan crust that you see on everyone who fake tans. Surprised noone has called her out for "changing her ethnicity"
To what, Oompa Loompa?

sofisticat
Informer
Informer

Post by sofisticat »

itiswhatitis35 wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:18 am
Is it just me or does anyone else get sour grapes vibes from all of these recent anti-luxury videos she's been making? First she trashes Hermes, now Chanel, and yet she's admitted in the past to enjoying luxury handbags. I think she even has a Chanel bag.

When I saw the Hermes one I immediately thought that she had wanted a Birkin (or a Kelly), looked into how to get one, saw that it's really difficult without being super rich, and said to herself, "Hmph, I didn't want your stinky old bag anyway, and I'm going to make a 45 minute video in which I convince my audience (and myself) that Hermes sucks!"
She's done this before in the past. Go on a whole ass rant about luxury items, then as she began getting that youtube money she quietly began purchasing stuff. She does have a Chanel bag (or did); in an old thread someone showed how she tried to sort of crop it out of the photo. I think she would have more but her mans doesn't get the point of luxury items and dogs on them all the time.

Return to “P-T”