Michele Wang

Rosie34567-2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Michele Wang

Post by Rosie34567-2 »

Lol this bag is so ugly… the shape (or lack of one), wrinkles, texture, color, size, straps…it just looks all wrong. Plus it looks CHEAP. If you took the Chanel branding off of it, it looks like something you could buy at Target…
5EC0AB5D-E0B8-4D86-9FE4-DE2ABF654B9E.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

Thanks for posting the photo, I didn’t want to watch the video. Her little greedy, self-satisfied giggles when she does any unboxing are just a reminder of my greedy stepmom who lambasted anyone wearing shoes in the house even though the dog peed on the carpet every time the doorbell rang.

The bag is definitely ugly, I’ve seen it but not this color. The ones I’ve seen have been white and black. The bag bunches together at the top. The color is coated dye which will flake and wear off along the top at those bunches, making it a one-season bag. In a way, that makes the bag even more a symbol of excess because only people who buy new bags every season would get that one. It says "I can spend frivolously," anyone else buying the bag would see how it will wear (if you can’t, just check out YT videos rehabbing used Chanel bags and you can see how the color flakes and wears off). On the plus side, the ugly color she picked will be less obvious when it flakes than a black or white color would be.

Like the Fendi F bag, this same bag was featured on Cassie Thorpe. I mentioned that earlier, now we are seeing bag purchase #2 shown on Cassie first. I really bet that’s who Michele watches, and then goes out and buys.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

That’s a Chanel bag that I wouldn’t purchase. She has absolutely no style. It’s too bad. If you are going to spend money you should
at least look spectacular or elegant. Michele doesn’t unfortunately.

Gossipladylady
Learner
Learner

Post by Gossipladylady »

\
[/quote]

I guess I’m not the only one adding up the money she decluttered. I stopped adding at $3k also. Because it’s all TF, we know she bought it all as opposed to PR. But what really bugged me is she decluttered all the somewhat unique color quads. Every single quad she kept was a brown/peach combination, and so similar they would all be indistinguishable on her face!
[/quote]

I added up the TF quad declutter value too!!! You guys are not alone!!! I don't understand the tossing of all the limited edition and unique ones? She said she liked to collect those in previous videos and basically tossed all her favorites..........I understand an influencer not wanting to wear on camera sh*t that in not available and that they cannot shill to the masses, BUT don't you have other places you go and things you do that you can wear all the fun ones then? OH WAIT THAT IS RIGHT.........................I am speaking about boring a$$ no life Michele.................No her only chores and life revolve around shilling sh$t to her stans cause she has no friends! And we know the next TF LTD she will buy and claim to love followed by one uses and then to the dresser for nine months, then to the trash as a declutter.......................If anyone trusts her reviews then I have some swamp land to sell them too!

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

Agreed with the TF declutter.
She always looks like she’s wearing peach eyeshadow anyway. It’s so boring than someone with such an extensive collection of
beautiful makeup at her fingertips looks so bad every time she leaves the house. It was awful to such a wonderful TF collection wasted.

Muriel Bananafish
Debater
Debater

Post by Muriel Bananafish »

I can't watch Michele anymore. She is out of my orbit, with her cavernous home and paid household staff, her ultra-luxury hauls of ugly overpriced goods, and her very busy days of journaling, spa treatments, lunching, bringing her dog to "school," and sorting Tom Ford quads.

She barely applies something, declares it beautiful, we almost never see it again, and on we go. So her content isn't useful to me - and instead of being enviable or aspirational, I find all the self-indulgent privilege rather depressing.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

There is nothing interesting about Michele, her journaling is not much more than trying to understand her despair and find some reason to her life other than the long train of consumption. The reality is she has no connection to her audience except as shoppers. But she’s sharing the shopping hobby and shilling rather than trying to be helpful to viewers on purchase decisions. I really expected more of these vlogs because she is uninterested in makeup and hardly wears any. All that’s left of her is boutique shopping. She’s a bored and expensive wife in Vegas just as she was the tax-deductible wife knitting in New York.

ADoseOfReality
Learner
Learner

Post by ADoseOfReality »

New chatter here: Re: Michele Wang

Today's video has confirmed for me (again) that she is interested in just a few things: Money. Status. Keeping up with - and surpassing - the 'Jones-es' and SELLING. I'm so sad her content has turned into nothing more than "I'm buying", "I'm selling" (her business ventures), and "I'm being PAID to sell to you too". I've never ever ever heard her mention today's video sponsor, and tbh could not even tell what she was talking about in her non-informative description of the sponsor.

Her content and her 'collections' (multiple) have morphed into something that is not even relatable to most, and is a huge turn off. I'm disappointed in myself for expecting differently.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

It’s not you, it’s a form of gaslighting present underneath her videos that makes people think its a money issue of their own. Who wants to actually spend the money to buy 10 Chanel bags, even if you can afford it? Or 30 Tom Ford quads to throw away in two years? While you live in a house with no furniture, watering a lawn in a desert? Dubai, maybe?

At this point, people are watching a spectacle of things they would never do. But here is somebody doing it. Like eating 12 hot dogs in a contest.

ADoseOfReality
Learner
Learner

Post by ADoseOfReality »

You're exactly right and thank you for explaining it that way. It helped clarify why it feels so disjointed, unpleasant, and unreal. 99.999% of people wouldn't choose to live that way, even if they did have that much disposable income. Can you imagine the difference between what Michele does, and say another youtuber who unboxes a special bag or pair of shoes that they have lusted over, saved for, imagined owning, talked about, and REALLY appreciated once purchased? It would be so special? But with Michele, it's not special. There's too much of it (shopping, hoarding, acquisition of luxury goods) to be special. It's just overconsumption and shopping luxury to the extreme because she 'can', while flaunting (not showing so we can enjoy it with her, she is flaunting at this point), and it's unnatural. Which is why it feels so icky. Like eating 12 hot dogs... just as you say! Thank you again.

ADoseOfReality
Learner
Learner

Post by ADoseOfReality »

Please accept my apologies for coming here two days in a row. I seem to be in a ranty mood.

So, MW just put up a sponsored video for Florasis. I know nothing about the quality of this brand, other than their packaging and embossed products are beautiful to look at. What I DO know is that MW got the name of the products wrong throughout the video and rather than RE-filming to get it correct - mind you she is being paid to represent this brand and products - she overlaid typed name corrections.

Am I the only one who thinks this is tacky and irresponsible and unprofessional for this PAID video? Just me? She took this company's money and didn't RE-film to get the names correct?? Wow - just further confirmation I suppose. Okay. That's it for now. Carry on.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

People should post on the company’s IG how unprofessional that video was. :rofl: Why would the company sign off on that?

Silverwinged
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Silverwinged »

ADoseOfReality wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:23 am
Please accept my apologies for coming here two days in a row. I seem to be in a ranty mood.

So, MW just put up a sponsored video for Florasis. I know nothing about the quality of this brand, other than their packaging and embossed products are beautiful to look at. What I DO know is that MW got the name of the products wrong throughout the video and rather than RE-filming to get it correct - mind you she is being paid to represent this brand and products - she overlaid typed name corrections.

Am I the only one who thinks this is tacky and irresponsible and unprofessional for this PAID video? Just me? She took this company's money and didn't RE-film to get the names correct?? Wow - just further confirmation I suppose. Okay. That's it for now. Carry on.
whats even worse... the brand likely approved the video and didn't ask her to correct it.
right there, a brand i'd never purchase from.

ADoseOfReality
Learner
Learner

Post by ADoseOfReality »

Good point, Silverwinged.

For MW, as a professional youtuber and reviewer, to not have the names of the products correct - and worse go through the editing process and do a typed overlay correction of the name instead of re-filming - says something. It tells me she is not interested in putting out professional and thorough, well-done / well-produced content. I wonder how big her paycheck was for this one.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

Agreed. Why would anyone purchase something from a brand that doesn’t demand demand excellence? I wouldn’t. I can’t believe
that they approved that video. It says they are as sloppy as Michele.

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by DrowningInMelancholy »

Silverwinged wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:49 am
ADoseOfReality wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:23 am

whats even worse... the brand likely approved the video and didn't ask her to correct it.
right there, a brand i'd never purchase from.
I’ve never tried the brand before but their pr is quite aggressive especially on YouTube so I’m sadly not shocked that they’d allow Michelle to be a face of the brand. Also, the actual quality is just fine, but if you’re darker than uh…fair don’t bother except for the lip products maybe.

ADoseOfReality
Learner
Learner

Post by ADoseOfReality »

This cracked me up! In today's Sephora video, she literally states "Let me make sure I'm getting the product name right", or something to that effect - after publishing a sponsored video where she did nothing but get product names wrong.

I can't with her. I need to ask myself why I still watch!

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

We keep watching Michele because she so carefully crafted her YouTube channel as a respectable creator and then became a dumpster fire of greed. She revealed herself early on as someone who never bothers with research into brands or ingredients. Case in point her Florasis video. Not only mispronunciation but complete lack of research.

This brand is the creation of two wealthy tuhao (read tacky filthy rich) in China, and made in China. They bombard the web with reviews which is business as usual in China, even in academic research. They know how the sheep-like masses use search engines so they make sure to dominate everywhere in order to bury any thoughtful criticism. You’ll see statements in reviews about how this brand tops the market in China, not because it does, but the Chinese strategy is make it look that way through saturating the web saying it dominates the market. You won’t be able to find any critical reviews anywhere with a saturated internet of paid marketing, anything critical will be buried in page 10,000 of internet search results.

It’s a plus that Michele is Chinese, certainly, but it doesn’t really matter because they pay anyone. Also doesn’t matter if she mispronounces anything, she is a plus but only a drop in the seas of their strategy. This brand openly uses the word "orientalism" as its appeal to the market.

Their collection she’s hawking is based on a trip this wealthy couple made to Xishuangbanna, Yunnan which is most well known for puerh tea, a large leaf, indigenous strain of camellia sinensis tea that the minority tribes living in the area for centuries press into disks which slowly ferment over 20-30 years (disclaimer, I am a blogger of puerh tea). The disks of tea sell when aged for tens of thousands of yuan as antique teas in Chinese auctions (the teas are commonly faked). The wealthy couple behind this brand probably went on a tea tour or maybe an elephant tour, as tourists flock to Yunnan to photograph elephants at the end of their migration path from India. They probably stayed at a nice spa hotel. I’m not just being snarky, this is how it works.

The collection is "inspired by the Dai (or DaYi) tribe in Yunnan." The indigenous DaYi live in this mountainous area of Yunnan and many do not have indoor plumbing. Although that is changing as both the government and large corporations are developing the area because of the rich tea trade. So more roads and plumbing are getting built, and some DaYi now have concrete houses from selling lucrative tea contracts.

In the US we have a rather painful history of tribal exploitation and genocide. China suppresses all this exploitation of the DaYi by the Han Chinese. I doubt the DaYi know much about the rich cosmetics couple making buck off their culture or maybe don’t care. Here you can’t make buck on native Indian art or spiritualism unless you are Indian. This distinction maybe doesn’t matter when it’s Han doing it with DaYi because it’s all Chinese, right? Even though the languages and culture differ completely.

As to the actual cosmetics, if you are fine with all this, and fine with Chinese factory products because the orientalism appeals to you, I guess Michele doesn’t care, why should I? :roll: The brand is not cruelty free (China requires animal testing) or quality-controlled when you are rich enough to create your own brand and hire a factory to make it.

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by DrowningInMelancholy »

lulugirl765 wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:55 pm
We keep watching Michele because she so carefully crafted her YouTube channel as a respectable creator and then became a dumpster fire of greed. She revealed herself early on as someone who never bothers with research into brands or ingredients. Case in point her Florasis video. Not only mispronunciation but complete lack of research.

This brand is the creation of two wealthy tuhao (read tacky filthy rich) in China, and made in China. They bombard the web with reviews which is business as usual in China, even in academic research. They know how the sheep-like masses use search engines so they make sure to dominate everywhere in order to bury any thoughtful criticism. You’ll see statements in reviews about how this brand tops the market in China, not because it does, but the Chinese strategy is make it look that way through saturating the web saying it dominates the market. You won’t be able to find any critical reviews anywhere with a saturated internet of paid marketing, anything critical will be buried in page 10,000 of internet search results.

It’s a plus that Michele is Chinese, certainly, but it doesn’t really matter because they pay anyone. Also doesn’t matter if she mispronounces anything, she is a plus but only a drop in the seas of their strategy. This brand openly uses the word "orientalism" as its appeal to the market.

Their collection she’s hawking is based on a trip this wealthy couple made to Xishuangbanna, Yunnan which is most well known for puerh tea, a large leaf, indigenous strain of camellia sinensis tea that the minority tribes living in the area for centuries press into disks which slowly ferment over 20-30 years (disclaimer, I am a blogger of puerh tea). The disks of tea sell when aged for tens of thousands of yuan as antique teas in Chinese auctions (the teas are commonly faked). The wealthy couple behind this brand probably went on a tea tour or maybe an elephant tour, as tourists flock to Yunnan to photograph elephants at the end of their migration path from India. They probably stayed at a nice spa hotel. I’m not just being snarky, this is how it works.

The collection is "inspired by the Dai (or DaYi) tribe in Yunnan." The indigenous DaYi live in this mountainous area of Yunnan and many do not have indoor plumbing. Although that is changing as both the government and large corporations are developing the area because of the rich tea trade. So more roads and plumbing are getting built, and some DaYi now have concrete houses from selling lucrative tea contracts.

In the US we have a rather painful history of tribal exploitation and genocide. China suppresses all this exploitation of the DaYi by the Han Chinese. I doubt the DaYi know much about the rich cosmetics couple making buck off their culture or maybe don’t care. Here you can’t make buck on native Indian art or spiritualism unless you are Indian. This distinction maybe doesn’t matter when it’s Han doing it with DaYi because it’s all Chinese, right? Even though the languages and culture differ completely.

As to the actual cosmetics, if you are fine with all this, and fine with Chinese factory products because the orientalism appeals to you, I guess Michele doesn’t care, why should I? :roll: The brand is not cruelty free (China requires animal testing) or quality-controlled when you are rich enough to create your own brand and hire a factory to make it.
I adore your wealth of knowledge concerning this brand. Every time you post, you come from an insightful and intelligent standpoint

As far as I knew about the brand, I knew they were a Chinese brand and with Wang being Chinese I kinda expected her to be a bit more..educated about pronunciation and AAPI representation…

From “honest reviews” there seems to be pressure to present the brand in an artificially perfect light while the actual quality isn’t anything outstanding

Muriel Bananafish
Debater
Debater

Post by Muriel Bananafish »

My hat's off to you, lulugirl. I read every word of your last post and thank you for taking the time to share your knowledge.

Now, I'll add my far less learned take on Florasis: It's overpriced, shit-tier makeup, and I'm as sick of seeing it as I am House of Sillage. I also happen to think their stuff is as gaudy as HoS. I don't need a U-shaped, tri-fold palette of mediocre shadows with cranes embossed in them, and which will take 11 weeks to get to me.

Granted, that's a taste preference. Really, any brand that does this sort of hard sell - spamming every mid-sized YouTuber with their products - turns me right off. Suddenly, we see every one from "the clique" release videos around the same time, ooh-ing and ahh-ing over the same stuff that nobody's ever heard of.

Return to “K-O”