Michele Wang

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Michele Wang

Post by lulugirl765 »

Michele got all of her HoS for free. The oversized boxes they send out are the epitome of waste for greedy people like M. I read somewhere that the workers at HoS kiosks have a high pressure sales goal of selling one $1000 bottle per day.

Agreed about Tom Ford, I’ll take a regular designer perfume with one or two fragrance notes any day over brands like HoS who put everything from the kitchen sink into one perfume.

sofisticat
Informer
Informer

Post by sofisticat »

lulugirl765 wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:18 pm
Gossipladylady wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:37 pm
Did she throw out any of those "House of Sillage" What is that brand even?? The only way I have ever heard of them was on YouTube. So over-priced. The packaging is so pretty, but I wouldn't dare buy one.
None of those were in the drawers she went through. She is probably still using those slide-out clear plastic bins.

I’ve tried HoS lipstick and sampled the perfumes. The lipstick has crushed diamond dust which does nothing for lips. The lipstick soaks in leaving a layer of crusty dust on the lips. Very uncomfortable. I don’t like the perfumes, and I’ve smelled a number of them. Nicole the Narcissistic Sociopath has no nose, the fragrances are a busy mess. Like someone who has patchouli essential oils while burning a stick of sandalwood incense and drinking vanilla coffee laced with booze. Then they market the perfumes as "the highest concentration of perfume" as if that makes them different. They are selling Eau de Parfum which is a standard 25% concentration, that’s why they are designated Eau de Parfum.

Michele doesn’t pay attention to what the products actually are. She buys marketing speak on faith.
Oof, this scent description made my nose burn just thinking about it. There are plenty of brands who use high, mid, and low notes for added complexity. But they are generally complimentary. You can't just dump everything together and hope for the best, otherwise it'll turn into whatever the scent equivalent of a muddy eye look is.

Gossipladylady
Learner
Learner

Post by Gossipladylady »

So I have her lipstick declutter on in the background because I have like the worst migraine going and she doesn't talk much so I can handle this video!! LOL!!! But some of the lipsticks she is holding onto I KNOW are 4-5 years old as I remember when she got them (I have a stupid good memory. Blessing for some things curse for others). But I mean I have literally finished tubes of lipstick and hers all look like she used them twice. And then she lives in Vegas and in Vegas you still have wear masks everywhere (2 years and counting). I have desperately TRIED to wear lipstick with a mask, but I guess I am doing it wrong because I end up with it smeared all over my face! Most I can do is a good lip pencil fill in and some light chap-stick and then when I take the mask off I don't look crazy. I have thrown out pretty much the last tube of lipstick I had (I am saddened but she was smelly and bought in 2019 and poor thing hadn't been used in a year since we have masks here too. Very Victoria from CT. RIP my favorite lippy)! I haven't bought really ANY makeup since this pandemic because for myself I can't see the point to do all the work to put a face on to have to cover it up everyplace I go. As SOON as this pandemic ends (Will it ever) I plan to go nutso and buy a TON of lipstick. I don't see the point now. All I have are some mac pencils........... :( But I guess I could run over to Michele's and borrow some if I need it. Lord knows even after her "ruthless" declutter she still have 5 year old lipsticks and enough for 135 people!

Rosie34567-2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567-2 »

I skipped to the end of the vid (couldn't sit through an hour)...

Is she for real?! These are the ones she decided to KEEP, plus the ones in the other drawers, after a "cutthroat" declutter ?!

That's just...obscene. She can't even legitimately claim that she "needs" them for her youtube channel, because she primarily does first impressions, so once she reviews them, she doesn't need to actually keep/hoard them afterwards. Also it's not even like she's necessarily wasting money by throwing things out because I'm sure a lot of them were gifted to her.

The lack of self-awareness and overconsumption, even post-declutter, is kind of gross, ngl..
Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 11.43.25 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

There is no real-life of any kind in that much lipstick. It’s a woman with her fantasy world of stuff. Carrie Bradshaws who want to feel like they live at Barney’s. The now-foreclosed Barney’s sad-so-sad. But it’s what distinguishes Michele from other makeup hoarders, she really digs the luxury department store and wants to live in one. That’s why she can’t settle on actual makeup organization, what she pictures is a store makeup counter.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

Omg hurl-inducing photo on IG of Michele’s overgrown toenails with outgrown nail polish and 1/8 inch of bare nail growth at the cuticle. These horrible looking feet are in yet another new pair of Chanel dad sandals, in ill-advised white, which in the desert will end up with a greasy brown foot crust in a month.

sofisticat
Informer
Informer

Post by sofisticat »

lulugirl765 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:41 pm
Omg hurl-inducing photo on IG of Michele’s overgrown toenails with outgrown nail polish and 1/8 inch of bare nail growth at the cuticle. These horrible looking feet are in yet another new pair of Chanel dad sandals, in ill-advised white, which in the desert will end up with a greasy brown foot crust in a month.
So, I had to check based on that description and it's just ... so accurate but also worse? Those sandals are atrocious, like those cartoony purses from a few years back. And her feet. Ugh. Listen, I sometimes go longer than I need to before getting a proper pedicure but I'm also not taking photos of my new shows showcasing my toes. Shameful.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

sofisticat wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:49 pm
lulugirl765 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:41 pm
So, I had to check based on that description and it's just ... so accurate but also worse? Those sandals are atrocious, like those cartoony purses from a few years back. And her feet. Ugh. Listen, I sometimes go longer than I need to before getting a proper pedicure but I'm also not taking photos of my new shows showcasing my toes. Shameful.
She could have just taken a photo of the shoes minus the feet. But you’re right about the shoes. If she can’t go get a pedi because "oh the pandemic," where would she even wear those sandals? A drive-thru window? :roll:

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

She’s back on the peach eyeshadow a month earlier than the past two years. Peach after peach eye look. Boring as hell Michele.

coffeeglitter
Learner
Learner

Post by coffeeglitter »

sofisticat wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:26 pm
That whole declutter, on top of being a waste, was just boring. There was no real insight or comment other than, "*chuckles* This is so old". Like, that's it? Riveting.

Also, House of Sillage is expensive for expensive's sake. It's basically that type of brand that is bougie but lacks any meaning or depth. I was curious back when I first saw Michele show them off because the packaging was cute to me and I like the thought of having a nice outer packaging with a refillable lip product. But the range is very limited and the shades clearly aren't complimentary towards any shade darker than khaki.

So...in My humbly bitchy opinion... HoS is boujie basic. It's as you stated "boujie just to BE boujie" there truly is NOTHING SPECIAL (again IMO ) ABOUT THEM!!! Those horrendous lipsticks ans then the perfumes are the worst offenders. EVERY SINGLE ONE smells like an older lady from the 80's.They should name them "Doris"...."Bertha"..." Magda"..."Harriet" and "Greta"
because holy fuck the first time I smelled one I was instantly transported back to Palm Aire in Pompano Beach Florida..standing by a table on the veranda at My grandmas condo, watching her and her yenta friends play Mahjong.
again...just My opinion.

Michelle confuses Me with how she seems to initially come off as sophisticated, informed (on the luxury brands/products), and articulate...but within a few videos it's apparent that substance wise as a person...there isn't much there. I've been a consistently not consistent watcher, because of her friendship with Mel thompson, Tara Lynn, and the rest of the Boujie Bitch squad..
I remember hearing she was hanging out with Rich Lux?!? the drama channel kid!? and I remember being like "whaaaaaaaaaat the fuxk" but the consensus seemed to be she was some desperate for friends kinda person...

anyway....Its those like Michelle (ie: tarababyz) that really annoy Me..those with these INSANE collections, of INCREDIBLY expensive makeup and perfumes..cause there's NO WAY they're using it all...the amount of WASTE...the amount of PRIVILEGE that seems to go unnoticed/called out/ or acknowledged is just....wow. fucking wow.
no wonder she and the blob fish are newly formed buddies
All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.

꧁Chuck Palahniuk꧂

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

coffeeglitter wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:10 am

So...in My humbly bitchy opinion... HoS is boujie basic. It's as you stated "boujie just to BE boujie" there truly is NOTHING SPECIAL (again IMO ) ABOUT THEM!!! Those horrendous lipsticks ans then the perfumes are the worst offenders. EVERY SINGLE ONE smells like an older lady from the 80's.They should name them "Doris"...."Bertha"..." Magda"..."Harriet" and "Greta"
because holy fuck the first time I smelled one I was instantly transported back to Palm Aire in Pompano Beach Florida..standing by a table on the veranda at My grandmas condo, watching her and her yenta friends play Mahjong.
again...just My opinion.

Michelle confuses Me with how she seems to initially come off as sophisticated, informed (on the luxury brands/products), and articulate...but within a few videos it's apparent that substance wise as a person...there isn't much there. I've been a consistently not consistent watcher, because of her friendship with Mel thompson, Tara Lynn, and the rest of the Boujie Bitch squad..
I remember hearing she was hanging out with Rich Lux?!? the drama channel kid!? and I remember being like "whaaaaaaaaaat the fuxk" but the consensus seemed to be she was some desperate for friends kinda person...

anyway....Its those like Michelle (ie: tarababyz) that really annoy Me..those with these INSANE collections, of INCREDIBLY expensive makeup and perfumes..cause there's NO WAY they're using it all...the amount of WASTE...the amount of PRIVILEGE that seems to go unnoticed/called out/ or acknowledged is just....wow. fucking wow.
no wonder she and the blob fish are newly formed buddies
Oh! How lucky can we get, coffeeglitter on the Michele forum! Finally Peach Michele gonna get the rant-on her QVC-style shilling self deserves.

JillyJane23
Lurker
Lurker

Post by JillyJane23 »

I just saw her most recent review of the new crème Tom Ford quads. Her makeup looks were almost comical. You couldn’t even see her apply makeup! When her looks were complete, she didn’t even look like she had eye makeup on! How are you going to tell me you love an $89 quad when you aren’t even wearing any of it?! She literally puts a drop of brown in the outer corner, and that’s it. I just don’t end up watching her videos at all anymore because even when she’s talking about a product I like, she doesn’t really wear makeup, so her reviews are completely unhelpful.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

Michele has more layers of shilling every week. Latest is "oh I am using Sulwahsoo $130 bottle of serum for 3 weeks!” With a shop.ltk link. I checked the link, it’s a "store" + Instagram type of website where she posts her IG photos and the site has a section literally called "Commissionable Links" you click on to buy whatever product she’s pumping and she gets commission.

She went from being one of the most trustworthy beauty people on YouTube to squandering every bit of that credibility. There is nothing this woman is using or featuring anymore in her content that I believe her opinions on. I don’t see anything she is using that is because she has curated and formed her own opinion on it. Nothing that is "I’m using this because it helps me." It’s whatever she is paid to pump.

I can’t think of anyone else other than maybe Tati who squandered as much credibility as Michele has. Tati retains only a shred because she doesn’t discriminate between luxury and drugstore, she uses all of it and that’s why there "may" be something of a curated opinion left in Tati. But there is zero personal opinion left in Michele, she is a corporate beauty robot and it’s impossible to know whether any of the products she pitches are worth the money when you know it’s only what she gets paid to whore out.

Rosie34567-2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567-2 »

lulugirl765 wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:09 pm
She needs to remove those vids. That Zillow listing is super obvious and has the address right on it. I’ve seen some creepy people in her YouTube comments over the years. The not knowing she has a gas dryer hookup says it all about how not-thinking-straight she is about posting everything about this house on YouTube! I can’t wish someone ill who is this clueless. Except that she’s in a I’m-deserving-of-this headspace with buying the house to the point of total blinders, how can it be otherwise, that someone who lived in New York all those years stops watching her own back like this? I can’t believe that nobody in her circle of friends and family thinks to say "you know dearie, might not want to post your house online…"
Omg, not trying to be creepy, but I was bored and went on Zillow (wasn’t even really trying, just vaguely curious) and her house popped right up. You’re right, it’s super obvious! She should not have shown her house like that in the vids. That was really dumb on her part.

Side note: They paid way less for the house than I would have guessed though…lol I guess that’s Las Vegas for you: excessive (yet affordable) McMansions with fake grass in gated communities plopped in the middle of nowhere. Seriously why the f*ck do two people need SEVEN bathrooms? :roll:

Rosie34567-2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567-2 »

Rosie34567-2 wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:52 pm
lulugirl765 wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:09 pm
She needs to remove those vids. That Zillow listing is super obvious and has the address right on it. I’ve seen some creepy people in her YouTube comments over the years. The not knowing she has a gas dryer hookup says it all about how not-thinking-straight she is about posting everything about this house on YouTube! I can’t wish someone ill who is this clueless. Except that she’s in a I’m-deserving-of-this headspace with buying the house to the point of total blinders, how can it be otherwise, that someone who lived in New York all those years stops watching her own back like this? I can’t believe that nobody in her circle of friends and family thinks to say "you know dearie, might not want to post your house online…"
Omg, not trying to be creepy, but I was bored and went on Zillow (wasn’t even really trying, just vaguely curious) and her house popped right up. You’re right, it’s super obvious! She should not have shown her house like that in the vids. That was really dumb on her part.

Side note: They paid way less for the house than I would have guessed though…lol I guess that’s Las Vegas for you: excessive (yet affordable) McMansions with fake grass in gated communities plopped in the middle of nowhere. Seriously why the f*ck do two people need SEVEN bathrooms? :roll:
Edit: it was still a ton of money though…by “affordable” I meant in relation to the size and finishes of the house.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

I just can’t watch her hauls or vlogs anymore. And it’s not the "stuff" per se, I watch a few other women and men who buy purses or shoes, but they are young and funny and actually go out places, they have a life, a young career they are working and dates to go on. Michele just feels like sad middle aged woman hoarding stuff at home, kinda a slobbier Flashy Angie.

A class act for Michele would be own less and vlog getting out more with one purse. I don’t know why she is hiding in her house. We have vaccines and she’s somewhat young, so it can’t be Covid anymore. I think she’s depressed. Badly. And she’s filling the big dark holes with stuff. She needs medication or therapy and it’s not pleasant watching someone so in denial of their suffering. It’s certainly not the wellness/spa mentality she’s trying to project, it rings hollow and commercial. I hate to say it too, but I think that diet she is on is adding to the depression.

I’ll watch a video when she returns to her regular content of makeup release swatches. I don’t watch any of the GRWM, nothing where she talks about anything other than swatches. It’s literally too sad.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

Had to watch the haircut portion of her latest vlog for her "no haircut" haircut. Yep. He literally cut off maybe 1 1/2 - 2 inches. Essentially she got a TRIM and a blow dry. Well at least she’s not hiding anymore, the NY trip was essentially for attending the Dior show and getting a haircut while wearing Fendi boots. But she’ll get a tax write-off by meeting with Stephanie for lunch since it was about her jewelry line. Enjoy paying more in your tax life to cover people like Michele attending a Dior show.

Gossipladylady
Learner
Learner

Post by Gossipladylady »

I watched the Dior show blog and her getting the hair cut. That Dior show was beautiful. I am glad she showed as much as she did. I would never go to something like that in life but fun to watch. She seemed so much more alive in these NYC videos (alive for Michelle which she is still you know kind of boring AF), BUT something seemed just more light about her. Only bringing 2 pairs of shoes, her makeup seemed light and fresh. Her hair looked good and flowy after the trim. She needs to move back to NYC. Vegas has made her a bizzare house homebody that hoards strange old makeup and designer dad sandals..... I know you read these posts Michelle so GO BACK TO NYC!!! You seemed so much happier! Vegas ISN'T for everyone!! Just because it can be cheaper to live there DOESN'T mean it is a good thing! MOVE BACK TO WHERE YOU CLEARLY WERE HAPPIER!

sofisticat
Informer
Informer

Post by sofisticat »

There was definitely an air of sophistication that she had when she lived in NY that has since shriveled up in the dry heat of Vegas. Now Michelle comes across as that frumpy aging lady who clings to youth via her youtubey friends (who are all desperate to maintain that main character status).

Embraced_34
Talker
Talker

Post by Embraced_34 »

She’s basic and has zero refinement about her. Pretends to be such a luxury person yet can’t pronounce anything remotely French and Italian (Google it you entitled prick because you sound thick!). Also can’t she stfu about her extremely dry skin? YOU DO NOT HAVE DRY SKIN. Dry skin doesn’t get shiny and has oils coming thru (my friend has dry skin and she never ever gets oily or shiny because her skins doesn’t produce enough oil and sucks up any hydration or moisture form foundations). Just because you get eczema also doesn’t mean you have dry skin. With all that money, go to a proper dermatologist and not buy the most expensive and then complain you’re still so dry. Clearly you’re buying overpriced shit that rots in your drawers together with the mouldy lipsticks and eyeshadows. You have normal skin you pretentious idiot.

Return to “K-O”