Post by JaclynSHILLcircus »

What a douchebag she is! https://imgur.com/a/BOamrWS

katelynthern
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Re: Jessica Braun, sponsored video ho, addicted to coffee like blow - Part 5

Post by katelynthern »

I can't believe they are spending the money to rent a work space. It's honestly the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. They have the luxury of being able to "work" from home and get by without paying for childcare.

Maybe they'll actually put Gigi in daycare and socialize her with other kids.

Chiyou
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Chiyou »

Sounds like the idea that Jaclyn Hill had forever ago when she rented a whole ass separate apartment as a filming area. Spoiler alert - the separate filming area did not improve Jaclyn's productivity and she ended up ditching the place not too long afterwards.

I'd imagine that Jessica will end up doing the same after a while.

CertainSparrow
Learner
Learner

Post by CertainSparrow »

I totally understand the need for a separate office space, but jeez, they rented an entirely separate apartment. I didn't think Jessica was making pennies, but she must be raking in some serious cash to have their $400k house (expensive for Indiana) PLUS a separate apartment that's at least $1500/mo plus utilities.

andthensome
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by andthensome »

I think it's hilarious that she calls her and Tyler "serious coffee people" when they drink coffee pods and flavored commercial coffee from the grocery store. Definitely nothing wrong with that, but as with everything, she obsesses over the most basic things and acts like it's a personality trait

CertainSparrow
Learner
Learner

Post by CertainSparrow »

andthensome wrote:
> I think it's hilarious that she calls her and Tyler "serious coffee
> people" when they drink coffee pods and flavored commercial coffee
> from the grocery store. Definitely nothing wrong with that, but as with
> everything, she obsesses over the most basic things and acts like it's a
> personality trait

I feel like "serious coffee people" would at least have a French press or something. They just have a few Keurigs and some Nespresso (sp?) machine.

Not gonna lie I would be super impressed with anyone who has a French press. That shit is bomb.

Chiyou
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Chiyou »

My husband and I don't consider ourselves "serious coffee people" and even we got rid of our keurig and giant Mr. Coffee automatic coffee makers years ago. We now have a slow drip pour over coffee maker that is literally just a carafe with a filter over top. We buy coffee beans at our local grocery store and grind our own at home with a coffee grinder we got for 15 bucks. It's much less wasteful. the coffee tastes fresher, and it honestly doesn't take up much more time than using a keurig or auto coffee maker.

Milwaukee mom
Talker
Talker

Post by Milwaukee mom »

So.....she's going to haul all of her makeup over to the work space? All the GRWM videos.....& hauls.....that seems like extra work.

andthensome
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by andthensome »

Chiyou wrote:
> My husband and I don't consider ourselves "serious coffee people"
> and even we got rid of our keurig and giant Mr. Coffee automatic coffee
> makers years ago. We now have a slow drip pour over coffee maker that is
> literally just a carafe with a filter over top. We buy coffee beans at our
> local grocery store and grind our own at home with a coffee grinder we got
> for 15 bucks. It's much less wasteful. the coffee tastes fresher, and it
> honestly doesn't take up much more time than using a keurig or auto coffee
> maker.

Exactly! Even most people that aren't super educated or picky about coffee confirm that keurig is garbage coffee. A French press and a coffee grinder are both easy ways to get a good tasting cup of coffee.

Anyways, funny she posted on IG today that all her vlogs will be in her "work space" not at home. I haven't watched Taylor Winn in a long time, but I think she used to do something similar? Another effort to copy everything she does, and also a convenient way to avoid the inevitable criticism they've probably gotten over their weird home life.

mischa0130
Learner
Learner

Post by mischa0130 »

Milwaukee mom wrote:
> So.....she's going to haul all of her makeup over to the work space? All
> the GRWM videos.....& hauls.....that seems like extra work.

I was wondering this too... so all her "day in my life" thats really just a cover up for another sponsorship from either hello fresh or thrive market what will she do with her makeup those days? Is she going to bring everything she buys for hauls to this new place? She is going to get so annoyed hauling products back and forth. It doesn't make sense at all. She was better off at home.

Ifeellikebeingabitch
Learner
Learner

Post by Ifeellikebeingabitch »

This whole "workspace" is so weird and gives me such odd vibes. Why does she need a pull out couch in the APARTMENT that they're renting? What the eff? Is this her attempt to get back to quirky-popular-20-something-year-old-pre-kid-Jessie that she clearly longs for? I'm just so confused. Spend a one time investment of a few thousand on quality lighting and work out of your basement. Ugh. This is SO painfully unrelatable. Some people can't even afford to leave their parents home working their butts off at 3 jobs and here they are filming about the SAME MAKEUP she's talked about for years and making over 6 figures. She's the only YT'er I've grown out of. I'm so bored of her / makeup and was somewhat still intrigued because we both have toddlers but she never took care of it so there went that!

Milwaukee mom
Talker
Talker

Post by Milwaukee mom »

mischa0130 wrote:
> Milwaukee mom wrote:
> > So.....she's going to haul all of her makeup over to the work space? All
> > the GRWM videos.....& hauls.....that seems like extra work.
>
> I was wondering this too... so all her "day in my life" thats really just a
> cover up for another sponsorship from either hello fresh or thrive market what will
> she do with her makeup those days? Is she going to bring everything she buys for
> hauls to this new place? She is going to get so annoyed hauling products back and
> forth. It doesn't make sense at all. She was better off at home.

And.....when will she work out?? She used to do it during her workday. Is she going to bring weights & workout stuff to this new place? I'm shaking my head so hard my neck hurts.

mischa0130
Learner
Learner

Post by mischa0130 »

Does anyone watch Jessica's instagram stories? She puts closed captions and I couldn't even begin to count the amount of times she says "like", talks to herself, or refers to herself in third person. Ew

Milwaukee mom
Talker
Talker

Post by Milwaukee mom »

mischa0130 wrote:
> Does anyone watch Jessica's instagram stories? She puts closed captions and
> I couldn't even begin to count the amount of times she says
> "like", talks to herself, or refers to herself in third person.
> Ew

I HATE when people put the captions...it actually makes me nauseous!

bb67
Learner
Learner

Post by bb67 »

Her latest video about how she transports her makeup from her house to the new apartment is so lame. Who the hell cares?! It reminds me of a video she made a few years ago where she showed how she moves her makeup between the bathroom and her filming room in her Caboodle. Riveting! She has clearly run out of ideas and should just go play at Disney for a few weeks to sort herself out.

mischa0130
Learner
Learner

Post by mischa0130 »

Lol @ jessica thinking Selena gomez would hang out with her

andthensome
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by andthensome »

I just can't get over how ridiculous this whole work situation is... They ostensibly bring groceries, furniture, makeup, and their DOG to this space, leave their daughter with family, commute to work, all so they can diddle around with their hobby jobs all day. It seems like they are like children wanting a fun project away from their real lives.

Also, the lines under her eyes are yikes!

kcartchick
Lurker
Lurker

Post by kcartchick »

Has anyone noticed that Tyler is in less than 1% of the videos now and he's kinda grump and Curt when he is? I wonder after the whole Disney debacle if they had a major conflict and that's what led to them renting a "workspace".

Her videos have really changed. She got popular because they showed their life. And then when it became an inconvenience (traveling during the pandemic to Disney) it was like this apartment became the fake home setting so they could keep the cameras out of their real life. She's still pedaling the same boring makeup look, and frankly taking ideas from other YouTuber's like Taylor Wynn, Jaime Paige) and not executing them well because that's not her natural style.

Also, she's looking tired and like she has put on a few pounds...I wonder if she's pregnant and that was another rush to clean out the house?

andthensome
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by andthensome »

I can't fathom why on earth she would want another baby... In her most recent video she was just complaining how hard the newborn stage is and rolling her eyes about it. I get it, having a baby IS hard, but she seems to derive no joy out of it so I just don't get it. Does she just like the idea of having a gaggle of kids to tote to Disney?

TwiceFooled
Learner
Learner

Post by TwiceFooled »

[quote=kcartchick post_id=4420946 time=1621832157 user_id=3318

She's still pedaling the same boring makeup look, and frankly taking ideas from other YouTuber's like Taylor Wynn, Jaime Paige) and not executing them well because that's not her natural style.

Just from her thumbnails you can see that most of the time now she's copying other YouTubers. Emily Noel's morning routine and iconic makeup videos, Andrea Matillano's sales alerts, HotandFlashy's sunscreen comparisons, Samantha March's shopping TikToks, RawBeautyKristi's post partum vids, copying so much from Taylor Wynn, to name a few. I also recognized Allie Glines' makeup bags in a thumbnail and didn't see Allie's site linked. There may be a reason for that, but it really bugged me.

How on earth this new "workspace" is going to allow Jessica to do more videos is beyond me when she's clearly grasping at straws for ideas. Instead of learning from the Disney upheaval and going back to what worked in the first place (makeup reviews, but now there's no PR), she and Tyler had to find another way to get away from parenting and go out and buy a bunch of new stuff. Like Jess needs a sleep sofa in her office? I give this the length of their lease on this apartment, then they'll be in a new house to accommodate all their new crap.

Return to “Jessica Braun”