my_gripes
Talker
Talker

Re: Simming Community - Part 2

Post by my_gripes »

May14159 wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:55 am
i love Devon Bumpkin, he is the only builder i dont mute
Same here. Because he’s actually funny, conversational, inclusive, and authentic. I also enjoy his builds because it varies and he doesn’t stick to the same type over and over. He doesn’t really do LP’s, only dabbles in them from time to time, but still makes a backstory for every sim and build he creates.

whistiria
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0

Post by whistiria »

Lmao at Dan saying he AND lilsimise bought a house. He couldn't even afford to pay the visa money to have lilsimsie move to his country. I can't believe she married and bought a house for this financial deadbeat

May14159
Informer
Informer

Post by May14159 »

whistiria wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:59 pm
Lmao at Dan saying he AND lilsimise bought a house. He couldn't even afford to pay the visa money to have lilsimsie move to his country. I can't believe she married and bought a house for this financial deadbeat
its sad because i feel like she's insecure enough that she wouldn't try to get better for herself. also she has anxiety so the idea of divorce and trying to date again is probably too scary for her so she'd rather stay in what she has

May14159
Informer
Informer

Post by May14159 »

it is such a pet peeve of mine when people don't number their let's plays

cupcakecutie3
Learner
Learner

Post by cupcakecutie3 »

Honestly I think Dan is a nice guy. I like him a lot. And I like Kayla too but sometimes I just wonder how she got so big as a streamer. I like watching her twitch streams but sometimes I cringe. One of her things she freaks out over is when she’s playing a game and someone comments they want her to play something else. And yea, I get that probably doesn’t feel nice to read because it makes you feel like they aren’t enjoying the stream, but sometimes it’s over the top with how she reacts. I know she has a short fuse because of anxiety so I try to be SUPER careful with how I word stuff and it seems like half the time she reads my comments she takes it the wrong way. It’s like she WANTS the drama in a sense. Today I said “I’m just curious, but do you plan on streaming the animal crossing dlc again?” And she FREAKED out on me. I wasn’t at all saying I wanted her to play something else! I was just curious because I had just purchased the dlc and knew she had it as well! Her anxiety really has the best of her. And it’s weird to me how she’s open about being anxious and crying and stuff, but doesn’t seem (or at least talk about) what she’s doing to fix it (medication, therapy, etc.). I don’t get it! Is she even trying to better her mental health? Because for someone who is open about what makes her anxious and cry all the time she sure doesn’t seem to be trying to make it better!

May14159
Informer
Informer

Post by May14159 »

so many simmers who do let's plays never use heavier sims. just noticed one i watch doesnt have a single bigger sim. whenever i play my sims gain weight really fast unless i only feed them salads, do you think they have their sims only eat healthy? or they edit their bodies every once in a while? i know people get to play however they want but a lot of the bigger simmers virtue signal about diversity and then all their sims look the same except for skin color (not all simmers i know some who have great diversity but i dont notice a lot of different body types)

TropicanaOrange
Learner
Learner

Post by TropicanaOrange »

May14159 wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:56 pm
so many simmers who do let's plays never use heavier sims. just noticed one i watch doesnt have a single bigger sim. whenever i play my sims gain weight really fast unless i only feed them salads, do you think they have their sims only eat healthy? or they edit their bodies every once in a while? i know people get to play however they want but a lot of the bigger simmers virtue signal about diversity and then all their sims look the same except for skin color (not all simmers i know some who have great diversity but i dont notice a lot of different body types)
I’ve noticed most of them hate bigger sims. Clare had the whole mess in her main series when her simself gained weight and Clare constantly made fat jokes, plus later on one of the kids aged up chubby and you could see from the edit that she’d moved the slider all the way to the bottom to make her skinny.
James Turner also had a video in his main Bigwallet save where he commented on one of the children’s weight saying she was “fat and needed to work out”.
Kelsey also talked about making her sim only eat garden salad in her 100 baby challenge to combat weight gain.

Like cool if you don’t want overweight sims but at least be tactful about it when you have viewers who are clearly very young and impressionable

cms422
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by cms422 »

Lol I went on the English summer’s Twitch once recentlya few weeks ago where they were talking about the lack of new packs and stuff. She was explaining and defending EA and the Sims team about how Covid affected production and how she feels like all the bad content is due to Covid and that EA is keeping them “safe”. I called BS on that excuse.

I went on to explain how millions of people throughout the pandemic have had to continue working from a wide range of industries from healthcare to financial services to entertainment. I even explained how films and tv shows started to film again in the summer of 2020 and how people still have to go work to support their families and stuff.

Boy, did she and her stans go after me saying that “~ we’re still in a global pandemic ~”. I mean I know that, I’ve been working in my community since the start of it and by no means, underestimate Covid and am vaccinated.

I mean the amount of excuses they use for the EA/ Sims team some of these game changers are astounding.

May14159
Informer
Informer

Post by May14159 »

i work in software development and let me say there was not a single day i didnt work because of covid. coding is the easiest job to transfer to work from home. the only problem covid related would be people actually getting covid not the work itself

May14159
Informer
Informer

Post by May14159 »

also, why are deli's videos getting demonetized? she said its because she shows sims in the shower but its blurred so i dont get it

cupcakecutie3
Learner
Learner

Post by cupcakecutie3 »

May14159 wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:20 pm
i work in software development and let me say there was not a single day i didnt work because of covid. coding is the easiest job to transfer to work from home. the only problem covid related would be people actually getting covid not the work itself
I don’t know much about game development and the tech industry, but I can 100% see how it’s a rather easy transition into a work from home position with little road bumps along the way. I too find the slow in production due to the pandemic a BS excuse. I think if anything their funding has been cut and that’s why they are slower to get out new content. I think it’s safe to assume they are in early stages of development of the sims 5 (meaning it will still be YEARS) and some of their original staff has shifted over to it. I think that’s a more logical reasoning. Staff being shifted from TS4 to TS5 results in smaller TS4 staffing, and less “hands on deck” with new content. Unfortunately with the lack of content this last year I think this is the new reality for new content coming out in TS4. I think it’s safe to assume for the next few years we will be lucky if we get one expansion pack and game pack a year from now until the stop creating content for it.

SnackerdoodleDoo
Talker
Talker

Post by SnackerdoodleDoo »

cupcakecutie3 wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:41 pm
May14159 wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:20 pm
I don’t know much about game development and the tech industry, but I can 100% see how it’s a rather easy transition into a work from home position with little road bumps along the way. I too find the slow in production due to the pandemic a BS excuse. I think if anything their funding has been cut and that’s why they are slower to get out new content. I think it’s safe to assume they are in early stages of development of the sims 5 (meaning it will still be YEARS) and some of their original staff has shifted over to it. I think that’s a more logical reasoning. Staff being shifted from TS4 to TS5 results in smaller TS4 staffing, and less “hands on deck” with new content. Unfortunately with the lack of content this last year I think this is the new reality for new content coming out in TS4. I think it’s safe to assume for the next few years we will be lucky if we get one expansion pack and game pack a year from now until the stop creating content for it.
Agree. I work in IT and we went to working from home overnight with no issues. The hardest part is on the company, making sure they can accommodate suddenly having their entire work force trying to access the systems from home where they may have only had a fraction of that being supported prior. But most companies were able to handle this during the pandemic - and if everyone else, corporations AND people, can manage - there is no excuse for the Sims team to not be able to do this. If everyone on the team was getting sick and they were operating with a skeleton crew, sure. But that's not what's happening and people making excuses for them, like it's so hard to work from home, clearly are very young people who have never worked in any type of corporate America job bc working from home is a god-send and not hard at all (aside for the extroverts who NEED to socialize and are going stir-crazy, but that's a whole other issue :rofl: )

cupcakecutie3
Learner
Learner

Post by cupcakecutie3 »

I work from home in accounting (even prior to the pandemic) and it’s a total blessing for me. I am an introvert so I have been thriving ever since I started working from home. I understand it is really hard for a lot of people, but it’s more mentally challenging for them more than anything. It doesn’t effect performance whatsoever. I truly believe that they shifted some of TS4 budget over the TS5 and just have less staffing now for TS4. That explains why they have been slower on getting packs out. Using the pandemic is an “easy out” kind of excuse. It’s easy for them to blame the pandemic so they do. It will be a LONG time until TS5 comes out but I am interested to see what it is like. Every sims game has been SO different from the last that I am expecting it to be really different from TS4.

I’ve said it many times, but a combination of the sims 4 building/graphics, with sims 3 game play, and sims 2 personalities (wants, fears, attractions, etc) would be the ideal sims game.

cms422
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by cms422 »

Thanks y’all for the support @cupcakecutie3 @snackerdoodledoo @may14159.

You’d think I was asking the EA/ Sims team to give their kidneys for a new expansion pack according to englishsimmer stans.

Them thinking EA/ Sims just wants to keep the team safe and it’s still a ~global pandemic~ makes it almost insulting to actual essential workers while we work and play from home.

cms422
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by cms422 »

Also, have y’all seen the outrage on the new game pack for the Sims 4 “My Wedding Stories”?

Yet again these top (1+ mil subscribers) Simmers sucking up to EA. First, with the Russia controversy. Long story short, EA refused to release the new game pack that featured a LGBT couple on the trailer and refused to release it in Russia due to their laws.

All the Western simmers defended EA while Russian simmers fought back saying there’s no reason for EA not to release. First, cause the Sims are a 18+ content in Russia and the only law is for LGBG content under the age of 18 in Russia. Second, it just further causes oppression for LGBT simmers in Russia.

Anyway, it’s being released a week later next week instead of this week and is being released in Russia. EA released the most PR, BS statement ever. Since then, livestreams of the game pack has been full of bugs and now all the big Simmers are reviewing it and saying the bugs will be gone by next week. Sure…

TropicanaOrange
Learner
Learner

Post by TropicanaOrange »

Yes omg they’re acting like it’s an early version of the pack and it was delayed on purpose to fix it when its not. EA always planned to release it this way but probably panicked when the pack was obviously broken in the sims livestream so they couldn’t exactly pretend it was fine

May14159
Informer
Informer

Post by May14159 »

i like that deli is changing her life, its hard to watch someone only complain all the time so i'm glad she's taking steps to change things

redzipstick
Learner
Learner

Post by redzipstick »

So glad I didn't buy this pack I was on the fence and I was going to wait until trusted simmers put out their reviews and all of them have said DON'T BUY THITS PACK if that's not a big red flag I don't know what is and I don't think a patch is going to fix this buggy mess.

May14159
Informer
Informer

Post by May14159 »

it is really sad to watch so many videos about what a mess the pack is, its not even funny to me anymore

redzipstick
Learner
Learner

Post by redzipstick »

Every day on twitter the bugs keep growing I saw someone had to make a mod for free so that the game would actually work! now people are trying to boycott the sims but I don't think they will listen I'm desperate to switch to Paralives but I'm worried it might be another no man sky situation

Return to “General and Miscellaneous”