TropicanaOrange
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Re: Simming Community - Part 2

Post by TropicanaOrange »

May14159 wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:43 pm
i love whiny brit, her videos are always funny and different than what most people do
Yes!! I love her videos too. She’s so funny

May14159
Informer
Informer

Post by May14159 »

some skin overlays just give every sim the same face, like clare siobhan did a b&w challenge and the sim had prominent cheekbones and she put on the overlay and everything smoothed out

catnip
Talker
Talker

Post by catnip »

May14159 wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:49 pm
some skin overlays just give every sim the same face, like clare siobhan did a b&w challenge and the sim had prominent cheekbones and she put on the overlay and everything smoothed out
Clare just makes the same characters, even in different games. I started watching her Skyrim stream and her characters are just... the same. Pretty. Slim. Long hair. Mods everywhere.

It's a shame because I do genuinely like her personality and watching her play (more so on stream) but she's SO obsessed with aesthetics it's a little unsettling to me :?

CustosMorum
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by CustosMorum »

Yeah, Clare’s beauty standards are making me uncomfortable as well.

There’s more of us over on Tattle, if you feel like this thread is too slow, come join!

https://tattle.life/threads/sims-youtub ... etc.23424/

cupcakecutie3
Learner
Learner

Post by cupcakecutie3 »

I just need to rant about Vixella for a sec… I really like her and really like watching her and other simmers Twitch streams. But her inconsistency with streaming DRIVES ME NUTS. She only streams three days a week and half the time she cancels last minute. I would use my Twitch Prime to subscribe to her but because she only streams a few times a month it would be such a rip off. It honestly irritates me how she gets so many subscribers when there are so many other streamers that put in way more effort into streaming than she does and stream way more often yet she still has so many subscribers. I mean on Monday she payed a Barbie game, and because there were some frustrating parts about it on Wednesday she canceled stream because the Barbie game was just “too hard” on her mental health. How stupid is that… do you not realize how many people struggle with their mental health yet still have to do their job everyday? And jobs that are way more draining on their mental health? It’s almost a slap in the face to those that don’t have that luxury all because of a dumb kids game. In my opinion that’s a stupid excuse.

I also wish she was more engaging with her viewers. She barely reads chat which makes it seem pointless to make comments in chat. She also can’t hardly ever make it to her stream on time. She’s late to her stream ALL THE TIME. Friday she was like 2 hours late. And then only streamed for not even an hour. She didn’t even have the courtesy to let people know she was going to be late.

I guess I just get frustrated because I really like her but I see so many other streamers/YouTubers/simmers that do the same job and put out way more content and she is just as successful if not more and she does half the amount of work.

cms422
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by cms422 »

I totally agree. I get that Sims 4 is boring but her inconsistency with maintaining let’s plays is terrible.

Most of her posted videos on YouTube are just snippets from her Twitch streams.

There’s so many let’s plays that ended abruptly with no real ending or conclusion.

She doesn’t owe anything to her viewers but feel like she should address her viewers about her let’s plays ending.
cupcakecutie3 wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:13 pm
I just need to rant about Vixella for a sec… I really like her and really like watching her and other simmers Twitch streams. But her inconsistency with streaming DRIVES ME NUTS. She only streams three days a week and half the time she cancels last minute. I would use my Twitch Prime to subscribe to her but because she only streams a few times a month it would be such a rip off. It honestly irritates me how she gets so many subscribers when there are so many other streamers that put in way more effort into streaming than she does and stream way more often yet she still has so many subscribers. I mean on Monday she payed a Barbie game, and because there were some frustrating parts about it on Wednesday she canceled stream because the Barbie game was just “too hard” on her mental health. How stupid is that… do you not realize how many people struggle with their mental health yet still have to do their job everyday? And jobs that are way more draining on their mental health? It’s almost a slap in the face to those that don’t have that luxury all because of a dumb kids game. In my opinion that’s a stupid excuse.

I also wish she was more engaging with her viewers. She barely reads chat which makes it seem pointless to make comments in chat. She also can’t hardly ever make it to her stream on time. She’s late to her stream ALL THE TIME. Friday she was like 2 hours late. And then only streamed for not even an hour. She didn’t even have the courtesy to let people know she was going to be late.

I guess I just get frustrated because I really like her but I see so many other streamers/YouTubers/simmers that do the same job and put out way more content and she is just as successful if not more and she does half the amount of work.

cupcakecutie3
Learner
Learner

Post by cupcakecutie3 »

cms422 wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:27 pm
I totally agree. I get that Sims 4 is boring but her inconsistency with maintaining let’s plays is terrible.

Most of her posted videos on YouTube are just snippets from her Twitch streams.

There’s so many let’s plays that ended abruptly with no real ending or conclusion.

She doesn’t owe anything to her viewers but feel like she should address her viewers about her let’s plays ending.
cupcakecutie3 wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:13 pm

YES. I guess it just bothers me because this is her JOB. It’s not just a hobby. And it’s pretty obvious she makes a lot of money by doing this. So the fact she makes such good (fairly easy) money and she is so inconsistent and unreliable just really annoys me. I prefer watching Twitch streams over YT videos because I like to have them going on in the background while I work (I work alone from home so it makes me feel less “lonely”). And I truly like Vixella! But wow she is SO inconsistent. She only streams 3 days a week for like 2-3 hours and half the time she cancels last minute or just doesn’t even show up. Today she got SO many subs and it blows my mind how many people give their money to her when she doesn’t even stream half the time. It’s a total waste of money. She makes thousands of dollars ever month just from her subs and she doesn’t even stream half the time. That’s not even considering her YT income which I don’t know how much she makes but I know it pays better than relaying on Twitch subs. She is building a bigger desk and painting it right now, and the other day she ended her stream early because she wanted to work on it… like girl… do that over the weekend like the rest of the world would have to do…

May14159
Informer
Informer

Post by May14159 »

i may not like simsie in general but her charity streams always make me feel good. it's great to see so much money get raised for good causes

redzipstick
Learner
Learner

Post by redzipstick »

Same I was watching her stream the other day especially since st Jude is a charity that is personal to her she's more chill and relaxed on her streams sometimes especially with 'family friendly' content I feel like the person is acting or putting on a face.

SnackerdoodleDoo
Talker
Talker

Post by SnackerdoodleDoo »

Ok, I hope it's a joke, but Hey Harrie has a tweet that you can "directly help" your content creators when you buy packs by putting in their code so they get, idk, like a commission?
What the flaming hot bullshit?
I hope it's not real bc that is complete and utter lunacy. Seriously. YT or CC creators are making money off ads, donations, Patreon, and now (if true) directly from EA? Idk if she's trolling or what but... Jesus H Christ in a cracker it's made me irritated at the thought :roll:

redzipstick
Learner
Learner

Post by redzipstick »

Kayla aka Lilsimsie made a recent video about the code but it sounds pointless you don't get money off and even when the creator is paid it's a very small amount i doubt that this is going to work or last long even if it is in beta.

May14159
Informer
Informer

Post by May14159 »

https://simscommunity.info/2022/06/06/t ... ate-brand/

The Sims Community is having a meltdown online. Part of me feels bad for him but blaming EA for abusing your employees is not a good look. He is responsible for his actions. and asking for $100k to charity? where does he get off making these demands?

AwwwSweet
Learner
Learner

Post by AwwwSweet »

May14159 wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:53 am
https://simscommunity.info/2022/06/06/t ... ate-brand/

The Sims Community is having a meltdown online. Part of me feels bad for him but blaming EA for abusing your employees is not a good look. He is responsible for his actions. and asking for $100k to charity? where does he get off making these demands?
I am amazed you got through the whole post. I will admit I quit halfway and just started skimming! I agree with you that EA is not at fault. The demands made me laugh out loud.

Yasshhaaaaa
Wallflower
Wallflower
Been thanked: 0

Post by Yasshhaaaaa »

Hi I have a rant about a sim channel that constantly rubs me the wrong way, and don’t get me wrong it’s definitely kinda dumb but I also buy expansions to a game I hate lmao.

FakeGamerGirl: her way of speaking and personality seems so forced and over the top and she swears like she has just learned what swearwords are lol. I have the same issue with a lot of simfluencers. It just seems that sims content can’t be more relaxed, maybe it’s just a me issue, but I seem to watch the same video over and over again because there isn’t much variety in sims content. Everything is loud, over edited, and features the same thumbnails.

Anyone else feel this way about any simfluencers in particular?

luckygirl
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by luckygirl »

Did anyone catch any more details about Kelsey Impicciche's SECRET relationship?
did she ever comment on it?
tbh I was expecting an announcement for valentines day

Selia11
Debater
Debater

Post by Selia11 »

luckygirl wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:54 pm
Did anyone catch any more details about Kelsey Impicciche's SECRET relationship?
did she ever comment on it?
tbh I was expecting an announcement for valentines day
Did she mention it in a video/stream/ig story? I don’t watch her videos anymore.

luckygirl
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by luckygirl »

Selia11 wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:41 pm
Did she mention it in a video/stream/ig story? I don’t watch her videos anymore.
The only thing I know she mentioned was: a tiktok where she mentioned she was in a talking phase with a guy for a couple of months

but when she was taking her vacation time off in January someone spotted them on a date & uploaded a picture & someone else found out who it was

dunno if she's mentioned any updates, wanted to know if anyone heard anything

Selia11
Debater
Debater

Post by Selia11 »

Anyone keeping up with Cindy (Pleasant Sims) breakup drama?

hypnicjerk
Learner
Learner

Post by hypnicjerk »

Yup...very sad. Hopefully her therapist got back to her and helped her. I also hope she got in touch with her sister/family. I admit I was surprised to find out that Andrew's problems are that serious. Though in hindsight it makes sense.

Selia11
Debater
Debater

Post by Selia11 »

She needs to get off of internet. Sharing her issues 2 seconds after they happen is not benefiting her, it’s better for her to sort things out before she post them.

Return to “General and Miscellaneous”