Michael Kay (Disney YouTuber) - Part 5

Department Of State
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Michael Kay (Disney YouTuber) - Part 5

Post by Department Of State »

AntiWDWVlogger wrote:He'd never get past the homeless folks who hang out near the front door on Central.
What’s the difference between those homeless people and those “very kind and magical” cast members who have to sleep in their cars in the Westclock parking lot and shower in the tunnels under Magic Kingdom? Fantasyland Boy could use a hit of the real world...

AntiWDWVlogger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AntiWDWVlogger »

Department Of State wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:59 am
AntiWDWVlogger wrote:He'd never get past the homeless folks who hang out near the front door on Central.
What’s the difference between those homeless people and those “very kind and magical” cast members who have to sleep in their cars in the Westclock parking lot and shower in the tunnels under Magic Kingdom? Fantasyland Boy could use a hit of the real world...
I 100% agree with you that he could use a hit of the real world, but he'd never make it past them. Heck, he'd never make it past the urine-smelling stairwell of the Central Parking Garage across the street where he'd likely park his car to visit the library.

timtamslamcam
Learner
Learner

Post by timtamslamcam »

Michael: I'm only posting videos Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat now
Also Michael: Uploads a video on Thursday

Lcbarbie1
Learner
Learner

Post by Lcbarbie1 »

Bunnm09 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:03 am
Your comment about burn out is definitely true and he makes it so much worse because he does the same things over and over again. He gets in these weird moods where he eats sushi every day or he eats a burger every day. At least once a week he drives to Epcot so he can walk all the way to the Dolphin. Is he not tired of that yet? Those videos serve literally zero purpose because no one is doing that. The Dolphin/Swan are not destinations for people on vacations at Disney. Why in the world does he keep going there?
1,000 times YES! This is what I keep saying too. Granted, I am more of a Universal/IOA girl (not that Disney isn't awesome, I just haven't been in years and stumbled on MK's channel because I wanted to plan a Disney trip), so I wasn't sure if this was a thing people did at Disney? It seems like he & his family would block off time in their vacations to go to the resorts, and I remember thinking at the time I watched his vacation vlogs that it was weird. It sounds like more people on here agree. I would just never in a million years go out of my way to eat at a restaurant in the Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, or get a dessert at the Hard Rock. Have never understood this.

Department Of State
Informer
Informer

Lcbarbie1 wrote:
Bunnm09 wrote:
Your comment about burn out is definitely true and he makes it so much worse because he does the same things over and over again. He gets in these weird moods where he eats sushi every day or he eats a burger every day. At least once a week he drives to Epcot so he can walk all the way to the Dolphin. Is he not tired of that yet? Those videos serve literally zero purpose because no one is doing that. The Dolphin/Swan are not destinations for people on vacations at Disney. Why in the world does he keep going there?
1,000 times YES! This is what I keep saying too. Granted, I am more of a Universal/IOA girl (not that Disney isn't awesome, I just haven't been in years and stumbled on MK's channel because I wanted to plan a Disney trip), so I wasn't sure if this was a thing people did at Disney? It seems like he & his family would block off time in their vacations to go to the resorts, and I remember thinking at the time I watched his vacation vlogs that it was weird. It sounds like more people on here agree. I would just never in a million years go out of my way to eat at a restaurant in the Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, or get a dessert at the Hard Rock. Have never understood this.
It’s what you do when you’re obsessed with Disney (to concerning cultlike extremes) but bored with it at the same time. Why ride Haunted Mansion for the 1000th time (loudly reciting the spiel so that everyone in the room knows that you’re the biggest fan there) when you could walk around the Pop Century and then all the different All Star Resorts and compare the merchandise, food courts, and the tacky themed facades of these dated motel complexes? Hell just the fact that Mr. Pineapple Allergy can get his pineapple dole whips both in the parks AND at “Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort” (Image) gives him TWICE the potential content!

T-Rexx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by T-Rexx »

Bunnm09 wrote:
I went to DW for over 20 years, usually at least twice a year, before I went to the Swan and Dolphin. :o So you are correct. :tu:

T-Rexx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by T-Rexx »

AntiWDWVlogger wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:52 am
champion14 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:43 am

I'm trying so hard to imagine the idiocy of Dave Kay "bringing the HYPE" to anything. :rofl:
Looks like DK is giving up the dream of hosting a financial/investing channel? :o

TikiMeerkat
Informer
Informer

Post by TikiMeerkat »

Dave is just making me sad now. He clearly has no idea what he wants for his life or his career — and that in itself wouldn’t be a big tragedy, it’s fairly normal to get a little lost on occasion. Sometimes your plans don’t work out or your priorities change or whatever, and he’s in his late 20s so none of that is super odd. What’s hard to watch is how he keeps getting more and more desperate to make the “Internet personality” thing work, when it’s clear to everyone watching that it’s just not gonna happen. Like his brother, he has zero self awareness and that may be his fatal flaw. He needs to get a clue, get a job that will give him a steady paycheck, and find a healthier way to channel his creative energy (if you can call “buying chicken nuggets on camera” creative, I guess). Seriously, he could have a very stable and enjoyable life if he could just admit defeat on becoming an Internet star, but sadly I think he just really is delusional enough to believe that one day his views will skyrocket and the world will fall on its knees to thank him for sharing his opinion of Whataburger.

jn95
Learner
Learner

Post by jn95 »

anyone catch his Give Kids the World sneak peek vid last night? COULD IT BE?! He finally got his first hosting gig? :tu:

HMadison
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by HMadison »

jn95 wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:56 am
anyone catch his Give Kids the World sneak peek vid last night? COULD IT BE?! He finally got his first hosting gig? :tu:
If you read the description of the video he says he reached out to the foundation and asked if he could make a video for them. They didn’t hire him, he volunteered.

tikitikidumbo567
Learner
Learner

Post by tikitikidumbo567 »

Today’s video made me want to pull my hair out. No michael, I don’t want to be lectured on the types of food around the monorail. He could’ve easily done a series of him trying the food around monorail instead. Also, the voiceovers added zero substance.

NewUserL
Learner
Learner

Post by NewUserL »

jn95 wrote:
I don't think so. It's not on the GKTW website anyway. They have their own video up. He's calling it a promo video, but I don't think it's anything GKTW asked him to do. I can't actually figure out why he made it. The whole purpose of the GKTW media day he attended was to get media to cover the event, which he already did. I suppose it's useful to add to a more professional portfolio or something if his plan is to try to get paid work.

cjh
Learner
Learner

Post by cjh »

T-Rexx wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:26 pm
AntiWDWVlogger wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:52 am
champion14 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:43 am

I'm trying so hard to imagine the idiocy of Dave Kay "bringing the HYPE" to anything. :rofl:
Looks like DK is giving up the dream of hosting a financial/investing channel? :o
I don't know this Mr Beast, I don't know what he does, but I know that a grown man wearing a figment onesie while claiming he's going to "bring da hype" is a little challenging for me. Is Mr Beast a kids show or something? How possibly could Dave "No Discernable Personality" help them?

These boys need to get clued in. Also me thinking of MK interacting with "a very unkind homeless person" makes me laugh. I know the homeless people in Canada can be salty at times.

Hang in there my American Brothers and Sisters these must be challenging times. Stay safe.

Department Of State
Informer
Informer

Another day where I can’t make it through 10 seconds of Michael’s video. Might need to even unsub at this point like I did with the Slackers because his channel provides nothing to me anymore.

Psychopath Dave Kay however is predictably getting a burger alone and constantly scrunching up his face while talking. What a surprise. He said that “you” recommended this burger place. I never recommended anything, he must be speaking to his imaginary friend again...

He’s all the way out in a strip mall in the suburbs of the Austin metro area again. Is he ever going to show us 6th Street or the state Capitol building?

Another shot looking up at him ordering fast food. It’s like he has a checklist that he follows to make sure all of these videos are identically shitty.

“Here is the soda machine” the lonely psychopath says as he fills up a cup of water. Great content...

He says this place is “EVEN more expensive than Culver’s,” which is just an inexpensive drive thru fast food joint. Remember that this was the same guy who never once complained about Disney food prices (thanks to big bro’s very kind and generous gift cards...)

Cheeseburger, cheese fries, Oreo milkshake. He even pours the cheese sauce all over his burger. I’m pretty sure that 5 Pumpz Michael has the healthier diet at this point.

He orders a spicy burger and eats it. What exactly is this “challenge”? It’s just a standard spicy burger, nothing extremely challenging or anything. This dude is such a little bitch. Keep freaking out about the “crazy spice and heat challenge” for a standard jalapeño burger and everyone around will know you’re not from Texas...

Why does he have to compare EVERYTHING to other places he’s been before to form an opinion? This place is louder than Salt Lick, the milkshake is better than Culver’s (but Whataburger has good shakes too), the fries werent as good as something he once ordered at Torchy’s... there must have been something in the water at the Kay family home.

He says the burger looks like it could be a vegan burger by the way it’s cooked, but he does not elaborate or provide any more details about this thought at all. Wtf!

Dude is just so fucking creepy, I feel like I need to take a long shower after watching this greasy, unshaven, obviously deep down an angry incel, nutjob intensely contorting his face as he speaks about his fast food. I don’t know which name is more appropriate: Psychopath Dave Kay or just That Psychopath Angry Incel Burger Boy

AntiWDWVlogger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AntiWDWVlogger »

Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:23 am
Another day where I can’t make it through 10 seconds of Michael’s video. Might need to even unsub at this point like I did with the Slackers because his channel provides nothing to me anymore.
You don't have to sub to any of these channels. I just go to YouTube and type in the channel name and see what new vlog pops up for everyone. :D

michaelkaystan
Talker
Talker

Post by michaelkaystan »

Dude is just so fucking creepy, I feel like I need to take a long shower after watching this greasy, unshaven, obviously deep down an angry incel, nutjob intensely contorting his face as he speaks about his fast food. I don’t know which name is more appropriate: Psychopath Dave Kay or just That Psychopath Angry Incel Burger Boy
What makes you think he's an incel? He seemed quite normal and well adjusted in prior cruise vlogs. You don't think DK fucks?

Department Of State
Informer
Informer

michaelkaystan wrote:

What makes you think he's an incel? He seemed quite normal and well adjusted in prior cruise vlogs. You don't think DK fucks?

MichaelPee
Learner
Learner

Post by MichaelPee »

tikitikidumbo567 wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:05 am
Today’s video made me want to pull my hair out. No michael, I don’t want to be lectured on the types of food around the monorail. He could’ve easily done a series of him trying the food around monorail instead. Also, the voiceovers added zero substance.
I came to say this but you worded it better than me.

T-Rexx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by T-Rexx »

michaelkaystan wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:39 pm
I'm trying to think of something I am less interested in thinking about, but I can't.

SoMagical
Learner
Learner

Post by SoMagical »

HMadison wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:56 am
jn95 wrote:
If you read the description of the video he says he reached out to the foundation and asked if he could make a video for them. They didn’t hire him, he volunteered.
That GKTW “promo” he did rubbed me the wrong way. The fact that he asked them to do it and not the other way around was weird. It felt more like he was wanting to highlight himself and his camera abilities more than the actual organization. Plus his mask was on upside down and that little plastic piece that he wears under it was showing sometimes when he spoke. Just sloppy. But of course one of his stans in the comments said that “he should be a news reporter” because of how well he did. Pfffftttt. :roll:

Return to “Michael Kay”