TheLoneStranger
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bratayley : part 18 The Divorce Diary

Post by TheLoneStranger »

RainaXx wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:38 pm
Could anyone send a link to the discord channel? It disappeared from my app for some reason - had that ever happened to anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you try the link listed on the Index page?
index.php

bratguru12
Debater
Debater

Post by bratguru12 »

Hayley is back on YouTube. I thought the family was against YouTube after it stopped allowing advertising on kids videos. Wonder if they are trying to dip their toe back slowly into YT ?

Also, ratings update for SideHustle since its 2021 return (8PM lead in show "Danger Force" in brackets)

23/01: 377,000 (412,000)
30/01: 372,000 (572,000)
06/02: 480,000 (606,000)
20/02: 275,000 (291,000)
27/02: 348,000 (403,000)

ThisIsMeCeej
Talker
Talker

Post by ThisIsMeCeej »

bratguru12 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:42 am
Hayley is back on YouTube. I thought the family was against YouTube after it stopped allowing advertising on kids videos. Wonder if they are trying to dip their toe back slowly into YT ?

Also, ratings update for SideHustle since its 2021 return (8PM lead in show "Danger Force" in brackets)

I watched Hayley's vlog... and all I could think was "Wow, she's Annie's mini me.. WHYYYY?". I really wish she would be her own person, and not try and be like Annie. But, I guess by being like Annie, she's actually getting some attention from her Mom this way? I do hope she never starts posting pictures of herself in short dresses, bent over... like Annie did earlier today/Yesterday. smh What is up with that pose? -_-
“Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.”

agsl_
Wanderer
Wanderer
Been thanked: 0

Post by agsl_ »

ThisIsMeCeej wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:43 pm
bratguru12 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:42 am

I watched Hayley's vlog... and all I could think was "Wow, she's Annie's mini me.. WHYYYY?". I really wish she would be her own person, and not try and be like Annie. But, I guess by being like Annie, she's actually getting some attention from her Mom this way? I do hope she never starts posting pictures of herself in short dresses, bent over... like Annie did earlier today/Yesterday. smh What is up with that pose? -_-
I agree. She had such a great personality before, I think the fact that she’s with her a lot has to do with the fact that she copies her, unfortunately she’s not the best role model to follow, once Annie turned 12 it all started to go downhill.

mzkitteh

Post by mzkitteh »

I know we all grow up. Hayley is almost unrecognizable with how she acts. And I'm not going to say anything about what Annie was wearing for the TCA although... was it a dress... or a long coat with a very wide skirt area?
.......meow.......

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

I feel so bad for Hayley, trying to be Annie 2.0. She's still straightening her hair, and the first picture is just asking for perverts to check it out. The second one looks like a normal 12 year old.
I know I keep repeating myself, but Billy and Katie are freaking checked out as parents. And it's so wrong. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

They had Annie/Jules sing a Taylor Swift song at Kids Choice Awards.
They really shouldn't have done that. It just really underscores her lack of talent.
But of course the kids are screaming.

mzkitteh

Post by mzkitteh »

I didn't watch. What song did she sing? I guess she has to do covers since she's not recording any new music these days.
.......meow.......

ThisIsMeCeej
Talker
Talker

Post by ThisIsMeCeej »

mzkitteh wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:13 pm
I didn't watch. What song did she sing? I guess she has to do covers since she's not recording any new music these days.
Here is a link to the performance it's hilarious that every single other performer with "Jules" was so much better, and had a stage presence. Why did they even have her in that performance? Also, not a fan of her dress.. I know it's the fabric style but, I hate the way it looks like she had it laying in her laundry pile and just threw it on... it's so wrinkled. I forgot their names, but the two little kids... they were really good and so was Jayden. I bet "Jules" is extremely jealous of her best friend.. she can sing, act, dance, and she never seems to have a bad attitude like Annie always does.
“Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.”

bratguru12
Debater
Debater

Post by bratguru12 »

She's not singing live in that video is she ?

To be fair, I don't think anyone sings live at award shows anymore.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

bratguru12 wrote:She's not singing live in that video is she ?

I doubt she was singing live. Even so, they should have had Annie do the song Jayden did, and let Jayden do the Taylor Swift song. Jayden has a wider range.
The song she did was "You Need to Calm Down".
And I agree on the dress. The rest of the kids looked like kids, even Jayden. But Annie was wearing that ridiculous coat dress and boots. She looked really out of place.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Ok thoughts... Annie’s not bad. I am gonna steal someone else’s comment from the discord and say that they probably gave her cardigan cause she doesn’t have to move. But her singing quality is no worse than Jayden’s or Darci Lynne’s and i know darci has pipes. So either Nickelodeon really forced her to work with a vocal coach or she learned from Jayden. But the little kids weren’t all that impressive. But they were like what? 7-9? Max? They are good for their age. I feel like and this goes for everyone except the girl group, that they really push this breathy tone that sounds pretty and it is, but it’s boring when everyone does it. They all lack dynamics and color and tone. Especially Annie she was the weakest vocalist of them all. But even I know Darci can do better than what she was given. So maybe it was direction? But i do Think it was pre-recorded and touched up to sound good. Honestly, I’m not that impressed with any of the vocalists except the girl group. They were the best but i think It was the layers of voices and they had girls who could belt and gave their performance more dynamics than just the breathy head voice performance from everyone. Even Jayden was just okay. Honestly if i heard then at a talent show i might be like oh wow they’re good. But if I heard them on mainstream radio i might Question where the direction of mainstream is going. They all lack professional guidance. I know everyone see’s Jayden has really having potential, but i don’t see it anymore than in Annie. Idk if Jayden got Annie to start working on her voice more or what. But honestly if i had to pick I would rather learn to sing from the likes of Maisy Stella and her parents than take direction from my best friend who may or may not be taking voice lessons. For someone who doesn’t want to be outdone, i could See her taking voice lessons because Jayden does. She is still competitive in spirit and her need to be the best and most loved would drive her to take lessons because Jayden does and Jayden can’t outshine her. She’s the alpha after all.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

So, anyone think maybe this is what Annie was going for? Image

ThisIsMeCeej
Talker
Talker

Post by ThisIsMeCeej »

bratguru12 wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:08 am

I doubt it was live, which makes the fact that it was so bad, even worse... they could have done so much to it to make it sound better. The song didn't suit her, she has no stage presence at all, and she just never looks happy to be there, whenever she performs.

agsl_
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by agsl_ »

ThisIsMeCeej wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:40 pm
bratguru12 wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:08 am

I doubt it was live, which makes the fact that it was so bad, even worse... they could have done so much to it to make it sound better. The song didn't suit her, she has no stage presence at all, and she just never looks happy to be there, whenever she performs.
I’m pretty sure it was lip synched, I feel like they might be a little auto tune there, either that or she’s speaking rhythmically,either way that was extremely bland. Thank goodness it was less than a minute.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

agsl_ wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:20 pm
ThisIsMeCeej wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:40 pm

I’m pretty sure it was lip synched, I feel like they might be a little auto tune there, either that or she’s speaking rhythmically,either way that was extremely bland. Thank goodness it was less than a minute.
Less than a minute unless Nickelodeon is trying to push her to do music again. All the fans are screaming for new music now cause her voice is “so amazing” didn’t she also sing in a recent episode of Side Hustle? I’m not really sure why they are putting this much effort into her. She isn’t putting that same energy into herself and she’s been a bit of a diva since the show started filming. Especially changing her name for whatever reason mid filming. Her talents are nowhere exquisite enough to waste time into and it looks like her shows rating are not doing well. If this was anyone else they would just let her ship run its course and focus it on someone who is talented and hard working. Idk what the big draw to her is that they need to keep pushing her while she gives them literally nothing of worth.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

I don't get it either. It can't possibly be just because she has a few million followers on IG and a few years of vlogs on YouTube. She just isn't that special. She is pretty but not gorgeous, and just not particularly talented. There have to be hundreds of teen girls in Hollywood more talented than she is, and they're willing to do the work necessary.
In response to the person who was saying Jayden isn't that great either, I don't think anyone here thinks she is a _great_ actress/singer/dancer. It's just that she and Annie are paired all the time and comparing them is natural. And although Jayden maybe isn't a major talent, she is more naturally talented than Annie. And she works harder, and seems to be much more at ease in her own skin. If Jayden is an example of the general competition Annie has for parts, I just don't understand how Annie gets jobs.

mzkitteh

Post by mzkitteh »

I definitely heard auto tune. I doubt any of them were singing live. Given how many audio issues these awards shows have had in the past, I imagine it's just easier to have them sing along to recorded audio anyway.
.......meow.......

TheLoneStranger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheLoneStranger »

It was 100% lip synching. Jayden's vocal track played on after her lips stopped moving at one point. I suppose I can't blame her, she is used to touring her own music and singing live. Annie on the other hand always favored a backing track 10x louder than her microphone volume. I agree that Jayden isn't some amazing natural talent, I just think she is an incredibly hard worker with a lot of ambition, which is often enough to get a child star on their way. Asher and her are similar in that respect. They both really want it. He just started much earlier, hitting bigger projects faster.

I think Jayden got into the business at age 10 (including dancing/singing/acting), whereas Asher was active in local theater as a very young child and booked a movie with Jessica Chastain at 5. Jayden booked acting work right away, and within 2 years she got a small but memorable part on her first hit network show (It's always Sunny in Philadelphia), working her way up to recurring roles, Netflix movies and now a starring role on Nick. She also spent last year touring her own music as a singer/songwriter with Echosmith. She even made it into a Taylor Swift music video. That is a lot of hustle.

Annie also (reluctantly) entered the business at 10 when she became "famous" from her brother's tragic death. She still has yet to show any ambition and little progress in the industry. She did some internet adds, posted a cover song with Hayden that amplified her fame, then acted in some web series that were likely paid for by Daddy, hired people to write her songs and make her music videos that were essentially glorified karaoke, threw a handful of small "concerts" she again funded herself, and her boyfriend occasionally invited her onstage. While everyone was more than happy to use "Annie LeBlanc" for clicks, nobody was interested in hiring her for acting or singing until Side Hustle. Yet here she is, costarring on Nick alongside Jayden, opening up the musical number on the KCAs. No wonder Jayden was so pissed in that interview Annie admitted she has never auditioned before. She worked her butt off and ended up in the same place as a girl who never even earned a single professional gig before, but had several awards under her belt for simply existing. She beat Asher (and Hayden lol) out for that music award, and Jayden wasn't even nominated.

Also, I was the one on the Discord that suggested they gave Annie the TS song so she wouldn't have to move. There was no chance she could have pulled off an upbeat pop song so stiff/robotic onstage. They may have learned their lesson after working with her on the Side Hustle karaoke episode. I thought it was amusing that when they were supposed to freestyle at the end they showed all the kids except Annie. Live performance is by far her weakest talent? ability? task? Even though she has come a long way and didn't look like she wanted to run offstage to cry, I have to question who is pushing the singing still, and why? The Side Hustle singing episode was terrible.....

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Who is in this industry who has been working with musicians and thought that their voices sounded good together? Hayden’s obviously got a better chest voice than Annie, Annie clearly tries to stay in the head voice because her chest voice is where she struggles with pitch. But even the attempt at giving her the harmony (assumed that this was lip syncing and they probably recorded the song separately as i can’t Imagine she can stay an octave above Jayden when singing together) was just not good. Their voices clash. They both have a long way to go if they want to contend for mainstream attention. But I just don’t think Annie’s going to make it with her head voice singing. That’s pretty for ballads but more upbeat songs are done in mixed and chest and if she can’t sing in chest, then there’s no way her mixed voice is good at all. She’s again a one trick pony. And it’s just not gonna go far in a competitive industry moving forward. This bubblegum pop song was very idealistic for a young audience but if you played that on mainstream radio it would get a lot of hate. I really hope they don’t think they work well as a duo and attempt to start a band.

Return to “Bratayley”