soup---eater
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Myonna Reads

Post by soup---eater »

ZeroPoinT wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:51 am
I think it's often a problem to separate race from a discussion, but lets try.... does it really have anything to do with this topic??
Very much so. For one, Myonna is a black woman that spent months advocating for black books to the point of basically harassing people about it and name-dropping, only to then not read that much black fiction after the summer was over. I'm not big on going to her GR and actively counting how many black books she reads, I do feel that's a little much imo, but that is a discussion that's going to be had here since it's tied to her reading habits and online presence.

If you're talking about the sidebar conversation that I formed by accident (oops), I stated that because a lot of the time nonblack people don't understand that white woman can be especially close-minded in terms of what is feminist or not-- there are entire studies on "white feminism" and how a lot of white activists don't consider intersectionality and will often say or do micro- and macro-agressions just as much as other white people who aren't activists. Black people especially black women deal with so much misogynoir from white people who claim to be activists. Even other nonblack POC will do the same thing and aren't aware of it. Like duh of course no one deserves to be "made fun of" for small things, in fact we often get on Myonna's case for that kind of harrassment/bullying. But making fun of ignorant white women who often do antiblack things I don't see an issue with.

soup---eater
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by soup---eater »

Also I want to add that I'm talking specifically about the "making fun of" part-- I also don't think slut shaming is okay by any means.

tea lover
Wallflower
Wallflower
Been thanked: 0

Post by tea lover »

Ooh okay that's fair, I didn't realise she had been harassing others for their reads. In that case it turns into a 'practice what you preach' kind of situation. It's not fair for anybody to hold others to standards they don't meet themselves.
Thank you for clarifying!

ravenclaw333
Lurker
Lurker

Post by ravenclaw333 »

soup---eater wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:24 pm
ravenclaw333 wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:58 pm
soup---eater wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:43 am
ravenclaw333 wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:39 am
bcj13 wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:57 am

Really don't know how she can call herself a feminist and shit while saying this... Like yes, it's a fictional character but who the fuck says someone deserves to be slut-shamed, real or not? Her entire attitude is disgusting, like being a bitch isn't something you should be proud of...
she retweeted this... same energy
Meh I don't feel as strongly about this. White women do white women shit that they should get made fun of for ngl. I just wouldn't put slut shaming into that category
"no more girls supporting girls" and "white women should be made fun of" is so antifeminist, just like slut shaming, maybe not as drastic but it's still really catty... this is such a narrow mindset to say it's okay to make fun of women because they're white, anything involving putting girls down is NOT feminist full stop.
hey quick question are you white
no, not that it's any of your business or even relevant to this discussion. but i hate the patriarchy and men who give girls shit for just having fun and doing whatever tf they want so when i see other girls making fun of or putting down other girls for just enjoying themselves but then claiming to be feminist.. it grinds my gears

ravenclaw333
Lurker
Lurker

Post by ravenclaw333 »

soup---eater wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:48 am
sophisays wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:32 am
soup---eater wrote:
ravenclaw333 wrote:
soup---eater wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:43 am

Meh I don't feel as strongly about this. White women do white women shit that they should get made fun of for ngl. I just wouldn't put slut shaming into that category
"no more girls supporting girls" and "white women should be made fun of" is so antifeminist, just like slut shaming, maybe not as drastic but it's still really catty... this is such a narrow mindset to say it's okay to make fun of women because they're white, anything involving putting girls down is NOT feminist full stop.
Quick Answer though it wasnt aimed at me: I'm not white and I def think it's anti-feminist to slut shame any woman. Color, ethnicity,class, caste,creed no bar
hey quick question are you black though 🤔
still not relevant unless you're implying that only if i am black is my point valid. i'm all for making fun of self-entitled karens/trump voters but i think making fun of white women or ANY women who do nothing wrong is very unprogressive.. just my opinion as a feminist :)

TheBookishBabe

Post by TheBookishBabe »

I just love how her book club quietly dissolved

soup---eater
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by soup---eater »

ravenclaw333 wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:52 am
soup---eater wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:48 am
sophisays wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:32 am
soup---eater wrote:
ravenclaw333 wrote:

Quick Answer though it wasnt aimed at me: I'm not white and I def think it's anti-feminist to slut shame any woman. Color, ethnicity,class, caste,creed no bar
hey quick question are you black though 🤔
still not relevant unless you're implying that only if i am black is my point valid. i'm all for making fun of self-entitled karens/trump voters but i think making fun of white women or ANY women who do nothing wrong is very unprogressive.. just my opinion as a feminist :)
Wasn't talking to you for that second comment but ok lol. I've already dropped this conversation and let it go when I stated my side earlier in the week
Last edited by soup---eater on Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

soup---eater
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by soup---eater »

TheBookishBabe wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:15 am
I thought they were just taking a break but I guess it's completely over. If what that one person was saying was true and Myonna was causing fights and rifts within their group then I don't really blame them tbh

DeathArcana
Talker
Talker

Post by DeathArcana »

soup---eater wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:49 am
TheBookishBabe wrote:
I thought they were just taking a break but I guess it's completely over. If what that one person was saying was true and Myonna was causing fights and rifts within their group then I don't really blame them tbh
uh what? where are you guys seeing this lol

soup---eater
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by soup---eater »

DeathArcana wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:05 am
soup---eater wrote:
TheBookishBabe wrote:
This was a while ago.
soup---eater wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:03 am
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EoppW8kXYAA ... ame=medium
I didn't even know about this but apparently the black hotties book club disbanded... idk how old this is but i think its from october or november. well that explains why i havent heard about them in a bit :?
^ explains the book club disbanding
viewtopic.php?f=531&t=37614&p=4347604#p4347604
^ and this thread talks about Myonna starting stuff. It won't let me quote it since it's from september

DeathArcana
Talker
Talker

Post by DeathArcana »

soup---eater wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:41 am
DeathArcana wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:05 am
soup---eater wrote:
TheBookishBabe wrote:
This was a while ago.
soup---eater wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:03 am
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EoppW8kXYAA ... ame=medium
I didn't even know about this but apparently the black hotties book club disbanded... idk how old this is but i think its from october or november. well that explains why i havent heard about them in a bit :?
^ explains the book club disbanding
viewtopic.php?f=531&t=37614&p=4347604#p4347604
^ and this thread talks about Myonna starting stuff. It won't let me quote it since it's from september
oooo that stuff! I saw it but didn't know it was that stuff you were talking about. I thought someone had said more stuff on twitter haha but ty

TheBookishBabe

Post by TheBookishBabe »

soup---eater wrote:
TheBookishBabe wrote:
Zoe seems like quite a piece of work too so wouldn't be suprised if she was part of the problem

bookreader13
Learner
Learner

Post by bookreader13 »

I’m surprised Myonna’s gurugossip isn’t more popular. I find her particularly unlikable. I’ve never felt this way about a content creator before. What she has said about asexual people really made me notice her unlikable side, but it’s also the little things for me. I hated her attitude in her reply to when Jack Edwards posted his innocuous romance genre tweet. Her whole “mean girl” persona is so flimsy and it’s honestly embarrassing because she’s not clever or pretty enough to pull it off, and even if she was, having a mean girl persona in real life unironically is so cringey. She recently tweeted that 400+ people have blocked her and I don’t think she’s really deeply thought about why that is.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

smilesuperhero
Debater
Debater

Post by smilesuperhero »

Okay but both Myonna and Connor are so annoying, how are they so unaware of themselves?

alice2069
Learner
Learner

Post by alice2069 »

bookreader13 wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:54 am
I’m surprised Myonna’s gurugossip isn’t more popular. I find her particularly unlikable. I’ve never felt this way about a content creator before. What she has said about asexual people really made me notice her unlikable side, but it’s also the little things for me. I hated her attitude in her reply to when Jack Edwards posted his innocuous romance genre tweet. Her whole “mean girl” persona is so flimsy and it’s honestly embarrassing because she’s not clever or pretty enough to pull it off, and even if she was, having a mean girl persona in real life unironically is so cringey. She recently tweeted that 400+ people have blocked her and I don’t think she’s really deeply thought about why that is.
Myonna thinks being mean to people is a quirky personality trait and it's giving "I'm not like other girls" vibes. I thought maybe she'd grow out of it, but based on the drama surrounding her supporting HP and the acephobic comments, I think she's just a bad person.

Arriahj
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arriahj »

bookreader13 wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:54 am
I haven't watch her in a minute. I think just alot of us just got tried of her honestly just the same wash and repeat. Me personally after that HP video and before that was tweeting about people who claimed they were ally and wasn't. Wasn't upset about her calling out these business. Always in drama and then claiming she wasn't going to be and anymore "drama" next thing you know.

Look at some of the past booktubers part and earlier pages she always falling out with someone and seem like she the problem

Arriahj
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arriahj »

Also look how fast the book club came and went

sofisticat
Informer
Informer

Post by sofisticat »

What were the acephobic comments? I don't watch her cause her audio quality was always so bad, lol.

oh_do_tell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by oh_do_tell »

I totally forgot she exists.

TheBookishBabe

Post by TheBookishBabe »

Arriahj wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:48 pm
Also look how fast the book club came and went
Yep I stopped even bother to try and occasionally watch her.

Return to “BookTube”