Learner
Learner

Re: Myonna Reads

Post by honeybearbee »

soratyrus wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:56 am
honeybearbee wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:04 pm
how is the fire alarm always beeping? T___T i can't stand it in real life or videos!
that alarm has been beeping for months omg
i feel like it's been beeping for years at this point. idk how she stands it! i want to watch the videos so i can understand what people are talking about, but i can't make it past the first beep.

oh_do_tell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by oh_do_tell »

her room is so messy I cannot watch ...

Arriahj
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arriahj »

oh_do_tell wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:37 am
Like I know my room small maybe a little bigger then hers. It too much stuff in there that just my brain messy. Like she don't need that TBR cart and just turn her camera so we're not looking at her bed

oh_do_tell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by oh_do_tell »

Arriahj wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:08 pm
oh_do_tell wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:37 am
Like I know my room small maybe a little bigger then hers. It too much stuff in there that just my brain messy. Like she don't need that TBR cart and just turn her camera so we're not looking at her bed
Yeah her bed is most troubling , as you sad if she doesn't want to keep it neat then don't show us, please

Arriahj
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arriahj »

oh_do_tell wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:31 pm
Arriahj wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:08 pm

Yeah her bed is most troubling , as you sad if she doesn't want to keep it neat then don't show us, please
Right just flip in front of your bookshelf. I get why they like changing the background but come on

LaurieShelby
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by LaurieShelby »

her next video is 'i pretended to love evelyn hugo for years and now i'm speaking my truth'.. i don't know how she talked about evelyn hugo but how are we going to believe her reviews/likes if she basically admits to fake 'enjoying' a book?

Arriahj
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arriahj »

LaurieShelby wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:58 am
her next video is 'i pretended to love evelyn hugo for years and now i'm speaking my truth'.. i don't know how she talked about evelyn hugo but how are we going to believe her reviews/likes if she basically admits to fake 'enjoying' a book?
See I don't understand that. Now I understand setting on a book for a few weeks before writing your review or rereading it and realizing that after the rereading this wasn't a five star but something lower.

Just because you have a longer following (I mean it don't really shows) stand by your review and just say I don't enjoy this book. If people get rude in the comments BLOCK THEM

JamHands9
Informer
Informer

Post by JamHands9 »

Jesse just posted a video where they criticized it (didn’t watch it but you can tell by the video title). Seems Myo is jumping on that

Nefret
Informer
Informer

Post by Nefret »

JamHands9 wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:16 am
Jesse just posted a video where they criticized it (didn’t watch it but you can tell by the video title). Seems Myo is jumping on that
I watched it. Jesse admitted that they genuinely liked the book for a time, before reevaluating things and reading other books by the author to see greater trends that were problematic. I could see Myonna's video being something similar. Although, if she says she secretly disliked it the whole time while praising it publicly, that makes all her other public book opinions suspect.

smilesuperhero
Debater
Debater

Post by smilesuperhero »

Yeah the timing is suspicious, considering Jesse’s video on it is doing really well, and then suddenly Myonna wants to jump on that. Guarantee if Jesse’s video on it flopped, Myonna wouldn’t have made her video.

jackietea
Informer
Informer

Post by jackietea »

okay hear me out... do you guys think myonna really "reads" all of the books she does every month? I mean I know she listens to a lot of audiobooks... probably at an obnoxious speed... but I have a hard time believing she really soaks in any of these books... or even really knows the plot. How can you read like 50 books a month (some being fantasy tomes), and even remotely understand them or care about them for that matter. Like, sometimes I have a hard time believing her reviews because I'm like.... how much of that book did you miss during the race in which you read it. I feel like for her its quantity over care for her.

LaurieShelby
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by LaurieShelby »

jackietea wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:56 pm
okay hear me out... do you guys think myonna really "reads" all of the books she does every month? I mean I know she listens to a lot of audiobooks... probably at an obnoxious speed... but I have a hard time believing she really soaks in any of these books... or even really knows the plot. How can you read like 50 books a month (some being fantasy tomes), and even remotely understand them or care about them for that matter. Like, sometimes I have a hard time believing her reviews because I'm like.... how much of that book did you miss during the race in which you read it. I feel like for her its quantity over care for her.
i know there's people who read really fast and they spend their free time reading exclusively so it is possible. However i do believe she said on twitter that she only read the dialogues of the books or something like that so i'm not sure anymore. I feel like her reviews lack depth and a good analysis so maybe she prefers quantity and doesn't care much about the content/absorbing the story

grilledcheese_
Talker
Talker

Post by grilledcheese_ »

jackietea wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:56 pm
I absolutely do not believe she fully reads that many books. is it possible? yes. I read about 20 books a month and could read more if I cut out TV, listened to more audiobooks, etc. so it's not like I think it's some unattainable number. but based on the reviews she gives, I don't believe for a second she retains any more than the synopsis.

Anni17
Learner
Learner

Post by Anni17 »

I don’t understand what is the reason of doing that, listening/ reading superficially, if not for the story itself, if not for the joy of reading, why would you do that.

cahog
Talker
Talker

Post by cahog »

Did anyone else see the Insta stories Myonna just posted? Apparently she's thinking about leaving Booktube because she posts too much content but doesn't get many views and doesn't feel valued as a creator :roll:

DeathArcana
Talker
Talker

Post by DeathArcana »

cahog wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:20 am
Did anyone else see the Insta stories Myonna just posted? Apparently she's thinking about leaving Booktube because she posts too much content but doesn't get many views and doesn't feel valued as a creator :roll:
it looks like she hasn't uploaded in over two weeks so... kinda her fault for not uploading at all lmao. And even then its been months since videos have regularly gone over 2k views. So her views are kinda normal? and idk I didn't see any groundbreaking content either

bcj13
Debater
Debater

Post by bcj13 »

DeathArcana wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:30 pm
cahog wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:20 am
it looks like she hasn't uploaded in over two weeks so... kinda her fault for not uploading at all lmao. And even then its been months since videos have regularly gone over 2k views. So her views are kinda normal? and idk I didn't see any groundbreaking content either
Yeah I have trouble feeling bad for her since she doesn't put a ton of effort into her videos. They're all pretty generic concepts and she can't even really describe the books she reads because of her skimming so it makes them all very shallow and uninteresting.

smilesuperhero
Debater
Debater

Post by smilesuperhero »

Someone gonna keep track of how long it will take before she comes back?

cahog
Talker
Talker

Post by cahog »

I’ll give her until the end of the year when she wants to hop on all the “best books of 2022” content.

It's also a bit ridiculous that she keeps asking what she's doing wrong... Like, people have been telling her for AGES to improve the quality of her videos (which, to be fair, it looks like she has) and the content of her book reviews and she brushes off those comments.

jackietea
Informer
Informer

Post by jackietea »

she just made that video to try to guilt trip her subscribers. It was SOOOO whiney. "No one cares what i have to say" "people don't watch me because im black" "I work hard and no one wants to hear about what i have to say" I have given myonna advice before on what would make her content better, she just got defensive. She doesn't actually want to make her content better.... But according to her it has nothing to do with that, she isn't successful because she is "black".

Return to “BookTube”