Michel Janse

babypinks332
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Michel Janse

Post by babypinks332 »

Hellopinkcat wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:46 pm
I just feel like most guys who truly love and are loyal to their wives wouldn’t entertain the idea of “another girl” while being married. But his answer was “yeah I’d leave her and remarry”. Being jealous of another girl is a weak reason to divorce in my opinion.
I agree it's a weak reason too but considering how christian Michel is and what she holds her marriage standards to be, It's possible that she thinks flirting like that is enough of a big deal to just end it. Not to say that she would be wrong or right to think that way. But it could be that he thinks his online flirting and attention of women is not a big deal, while she might think a "godly" husband would/should never do anything like that.

Bellflowers
Talker
Talker

Post by Bellflowers »

babypinks332 wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:48 pm
So what I’m gathering from Michel’s subtweets, twitter likes, etc. is that Brook might not have cheated on her but he wasn’t into it anymore ? Like maybe he stopped acting like a husband, might have involved how many women he flirts with online that he wouldn’t stop? Perhaps some sort of ultimatum that he wouldn’t meet. So they split? And Michel just liked a tweet about Traitor by Olivia rodrigo. And the song is about someone who didn’t cheat on her, but moved on with someone new immediately after they broke up.

Thoughts?
I think Brook just outgrew Michel.

He had much different interests with his job, Dodgers, Lakers, golfing, drinking, staying up late, sleeping in late, going out with his Dodger pals/coworkers. She didn't fit his lifestyle. They appeared to have little in common except for the affection to their dog.

"Perhaps some sort of ultimatum that he wouldn’t meet" sounds right!!

Mischief

Post by Mischief »

Forgive me I am new to Michel .. but is it possible she wanted to leave California and he refused? Brook may have chosen his career over her?
And so I cry sometimes when I'm lying in bed...Just to get it all out, what's in my head...And I, I am feeling a little peculiar...And so I wake in the morning and I step outside...And I take a deep breath and I get real high...And I scream from the top of my lungs..."What's going on?"...

Bellflowers
Talker
Talker

Post by Bellflowers »

Mischief wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:08 pm
Forgive me I am new to Michel .. but is it possible she wanted to leave California and he refused? Brook may have chosen his career over her?
She always seemed like she wanted to go back to TX. Often when she was asked on instagram questions, she would say that Brook has his dream job in Pasadena and that is where they would be as long as he had that job.

Also she said she was trying to find things about Pasadena that she liked. She would have gone back to TX in a second, if he wanted to go there.

They had more problems than the state they were living in.

msgumdrop
Learner
Learner

Post by msgumdrop »

Bellflowers wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:04 pm
babypinks332 wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:48 pm
So what I’m gathering from Michel’s subtweets, twitter likes, etc. is that Brook might not have cheated on her but he wasn’t into it anymore ? Like maybe he stopped acting like a husband, might have involved how many women he flirts with online that he wouldn’t stop? Perhaps some sort of ultimatum that he wouldn’t meet. So they split? And Michel just liked a tweet about Traitor by Olivia rodrigo. And the song is about someone who didn’t cheat on her, but moved on with someone new immediately after they broke up.

Thoughts?

He had much different interests with his job, Dodgers, Lakers, golfing, drinking, staying up late, sleeping in late, going out with his Dodger pals/coworkers. She didn't fit his lifestyle. They appeared to have little in common except for the affection to their dog.

I think they weren’t compatible from the start and based on Brook’s highly skeptical and contrarian type personality, I was always shocked that he is (was?) Christian. It is possible he started questioning his faith. I personally have seen how a change in faith can be enough to cause a split.

If you watch old videos with him it is apparent that they clash (it was then IMO and is even more now in hindsight). But I do think they just grew apart to a point that they just didn’t connect anymore, let alone romantically. He seems to like the edgy, sporty, tatted up type, which is fine! Just very different than Michel.

babypinks332
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by babypinks332 »

msgumdrop wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:57 pm
Bellflowers wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:04 pm

I think they weren’t compatible from the start and based on Brook’s highly skeptical and contrarian type personality, I was always shocked that he is (was?) Christian. It is possible he started questioning his faith. I personally have seen how a change in faith can be enough to cause a split.

If you watch old videos with him it is apparent that they clash (it was then IMO and is even more now in hindsight). But I do think they just grew apart to a point that they just didn’t connect anymore, let alone romantically. He seems to like the edgy, sporty, tatted up type, which is fine! Just very different than Michel.
Yeah honestly it seems like they both have certain things about their lives and lifestyles that they wouldn't want to change. I keep thinking back to Michel saying they went to couples therapy, so since that didn't "fix" their issue maybe there was just some things that neither wanted to compromise on? But at the same time it still felt sudden and she seems heartbroken in a way that feels one sided. Plus all her subtweeting and liking tweets suggesting that he specifically hurt her in some way makes it seem like Brook was the one that didn't want to change something he was doing. many possibilities.

msgumdrop
Learner
Learner

Post by msgumdrop »

babypinks332 wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:21 pm
msgumdrop wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:57 pm

Yeah honestly it seems like they both have certain things about their lives and lifestyles that they wouldn't want to change. I keep thinking back to Michel saying they went to couples therapy, so since that didn't "fix" their issue maybe there was just some things that neither wanted to compromise on? But at the same time it still felt sudden and she seems heartbroken in a way that feels one sided. Plus all her subtweeting and liking tweets suggesting that he specifically hurt her in some way makes it seem like Brook was the one that didn't want to change something he was doing. many possibilities.
True, could be. But to play devils advocate, we don’t hear Brook’s side. All we know is what we see online, but he could be upset too and trying to cheer up by going out and staying busy. He does look pretty happy in those pics though I’ll admit so yeah, many possibilities and hard to know for sure.

Pickledickle39
Learner
Learner

Post by Pickledickle39 »

Whatever your opinion may be, his actions on social media with his female “dodgers pals” is a little too friendly for a married man IMO. His lifestyle in my honest opinion was more geared towards nightlife and being social instead of tending to a home & a wife. Which is sad. He shouldn’t have decided he wanted marriage if he wasn’t ready to compromise on certain aspects of “singledom”. Going out with friends is healthy, but every night or every time there is a game is a little overkill IMO. Michel always tried to bend to his hobbies & I don’t think we ever saw him do that for her. I’m over the Brook apologists tbh 👏🏻

Setsenia
Talker
Talker

Post by Setsenia »

wasitevenreal wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:14 pm
babypinks332 wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:56 am

Thank you!! Ooof yeah not a good look for him at all, yikes. I feel bad for Michel that he's being so blatant, though I guess based on the timeline she mentioned in her past few vlogs, they've already been separated for a while. And off topic but I absolutely hate his facial hair lol it's doing nothing for him
I'm glad someone else said it. Who has a stashe anymore especially a 27/28 year old?

babypinks332
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by babypinks332 »

Pickledickle39 wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:43 pm
Whatever your opinion may be, his actions on social media with his female “dodgers pals” is a little too friendly for a married man IMO. His lifestyle in my honest opinion was more geared towards nightlife and being social instead of tending to a home & a wife. Which is sad. He shouldn’t have decided he wanted marriage if he wasn’t ready to compromise on certain aspects of “singledom”. Going out with friends is healthy, but every night or every time there is a game is a little overkill IMO. Michel always tried to bend to his hobbies & I don’t think we ever saw him do that for her. I’m over the Brook apologists tbh 👏🏻
thissss!! all of this! AGREE. Seeing her social media posts the past few days and all the songs she's posting, it shows how hurt she really is and I truly feel for her. I hope she finds someone who will truly care and cherish her. :(

Bubbl3s_1625
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Bubbl3s_1625 »

In one of the podcasts, the truth or drink episode, the question "have you ever had a secret relationship" came up and brook answered with yes, but not with Michel. She was also telling him to take a drink instead of continuing to speak and she said that she had already known all of this as they have discussed their past relationships before when they were dating. So maybe he had cheated on someone in a past relationship?

Issiedarling_1
Informer
Informer

Post by Issiedarling_1 »

babypinks332 wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:32 pm
Pickledickle39 wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:43 pm
thissss!! all of this! AGREE. Seeing her social media posts the past few days and all the songs she's posting, it shows how hurt she really is and I truly feel for her. I hope she finds someone who will truly care and cherish her. :(
PREACHHHH! A married man has NO business liking the selfies and innuendos / flirty tweets of other women. Can he have platonic friendships with people of the opposite sex absolutely but is it ok to like their pics, be flirty, mention how they changed your likes of certain foods on pod casts (ie brook likes Taco Bell now beause of Ari Tata) it was all a little too friendly for me and it seems like he did not set boundaries. based off the pic of her sitting on his lap even if the friendship is "platonic" if he had set boundaries from day 1 she wouldnt even be ON HIS LAP. I mean yeah if they are friends it makes sense that they would hang out / the group be there for him during a divorce but NOT in "sit in my lap" kinda way.

Issiedarling_1
Informer
Informer

Post by Issiedarling_1 »

babypinks332 wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:05 am
Oo00F wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:36 pm
Highly suspicious there was cheating involved. She just posted a story with the song “please don’t leave just yet” by Holly humberstone. Ugh I hate all of this for her.
Exactly! She tweeted other lyrics too and the songs are way too specific for it to be about general grieving of a divorce if it was an amicable one. Has to be more there for sure.
she tweeted how she seen playing Olivia Rodrigo's "enough for you" on repeat....

babypinks332
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by babypinks332 »

Issiedarling_1 wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:39 pm
babypinks332 wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:05 am

Exactly! She tweeted other lyrics too and the songs are way too specific for it to be about general grieving of a divorce if it was an amicable one. Has to be more there for sure.
she tweeted how she seen playing Olivia Rodrigo's "enough for you" on repeat....
Just realized she also liked this post about gaslighting…. yikes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bellflowers
Talker
Talker

Post by Bellflowers »

msgumdrop wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:28 pm
True, could be. But to play devils advocate, we don’t hear Brook’s side. All we know is what we see online, but he could be upset too and trying to cheer up by going out and staying busy. He does look pretty happy in those pics though I’ll admit so yeah, many possibilities and hard to know for sure.
Good point! We will never hear Brook's side of this. There are two sides!

They were not a good match and he is probably relieved the divorce was filed as it was likely his choice. Maybe he wanted the divorce months ago and then agreed to therapy. Who knows?

There seems have been problems between them since earlier this year, the decsion was made to divorce and he is eager to move on. Maybe too eager to move on, but he wants to be happy and go foward with his life.

NumberyTon
Learner
Learner

Post by NumberyTon »

I don't necessarily think he cheated and i agree with everyone that we won't know his side, but it says a TON that on day 1 after the divorce that he has someone else in his lap. Michel does not have 3 guys waiting in the wings to shoot their shot with her, even though she is absolutely beautiful and could have a new man immediately. It just says so much about mindset and who was really committed. I've never cheated before, but I definitely ended a relationship that I wasn't committed to way later than I should have, and consequently had a new guy to hook up with right away because we had been flirting for a while. It's a terrible thing to do to someone, and imo essentially the same as cheating. And for the record, I don't think it's a crime to like tweets and reply to women he works with. That ribbing type energy is part of a sports reporting friend group. The only relevant proof for me is the lap photo and that girl going private, plus Michels subtweets.

My money is on them having problems, and him checking out bc he thought they weren't fixable wayyyy before Michel came to that conclusion. Because she actually tried, and he was like well i should just be with someone who fits my lifestyle.

Also it's important to note that Brook had a life glow up thanks to Michel. He was working in a warehouse hours north of the city not able to go to dodgers games every day. Her social media influencer savvy and the money it brought in allowed him to chase his passion for sports journalism because he was living in pasadena with her. He would never have gotten here without Michels influence and gall to quit her job/be an entrepreneur. He was ready to settle down and have kids, but changed his tune as his career changed direction. No shade to him for that decision; things change and this is why you don't get married at 21 in this day in age!

Bellflowers
Talker
Talker

Post by Bellflowers »

To be fair, unless there is a full length photo, she may not be sitting in his lap in that pic. Either of them could be moving back to get in the pic with the other people behind him. Yes, she does like to post pics with him which she should stop doing.

There is so much more to this story! Michel also has her faults.

babypinks332
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by babypinks332 »

NumberyTon wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:30 am
I don't necessarily think he cheated and i agree with everyone that we won't know his side, but it says a TON that on day 1 after the divorce that he has someone else in his lap. Michel does not have 3 guys waiting in the wings to shoot their shot with her, even though she is absolutely beautiful and could have a new man immediately. It just says so much about mindset and who was really committed. I've never cheated before, but I definitely ended a relationship that I wasn't committed to way later than I should have, and consequently had a new guy to hook up with right away because we had been flirting for a while. It's a terrible thing to do to someone, and imo essentially the same as cheating. And for the record, I don't think it's a crime to like tweets and reply to women he works with. That ribbing type energy is part of a sports reporting friend group. The only relevant proof for me is the lap photo and that girl going private, plus Michels subtweets.

My money is on them having problems, and him checking out bc he thought they weren't fixable wayyyy before Michel came to that conclusion. Because she actually tried, and he was like well i should just be with someone who fits my lifestyle.

Also it's important to note that Brook had a life glow up thanks to Michel. He was working in a warehouse hours north of the city not able to go to dodgers games every day. Her social media influencer savvy and the money it brought in allowed him to chase his passion for sports journalism because he was living in pasadena with her. He would never have gotten here without Michels influence and gall to quit her job/be an entrepreneur. He was ready to settle down and have kids, but changed his tune as his career changed direction. No shade to him for that decision; things change and this is why you don't get married at 21 in this day in age!
All of this is such a good take! so true! I don't think its a crime either for him to like tweets and pics, but it shows at least that something he did or is doing hurt Michel a lot by the way she's reacting online. So even if that's not the same as cheating to everyone, something about him liking other girls or another girl clearly resonated with Michel and she's still hurt about it, so it's likely something she personally wasnt cool with. But yeah that photo plus her going private shortly after is so telling.

I also agree that we just wont hear Brook's side because he's not a vlogger or shares his personal life. He specifically is on social media to talk about sports and make connections in sports. He's not gonna be the type to give a statement or share really what's in his personal life, rather he will stay quiet when he's going through this divorce, which makes sense. Just interesting that the only side we're getting is Michel's suggesting Brook had/has someone else already. I feel for her.

babypinks332
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by babypinks332 »

Bellflowers wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:16 am
To be fair, unless there is a full length photo, she may not be sitting in his lap in that pic. Either of them could be moving back to get in the pic with the other people behind him. Yes, she does like to post pics with him which she should stop doing.

I believe it was a combination of maybe Michel having really specific standards for how her husband should act or Want to act. While at the same time Brook's casual and flirty/friendly lifestyle might have been something he was not willing to change. So it could be they really just werent a good fit bc they might just have different standards about how to act in a marriage.

NumberyTon
Learner
Learner

Post by NumberyTon »

Bellflowers wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:16 am

Totally agree, when i saw the picture i did not think it was a lap photo. But her tweets and her going private indicated to me at the very least she's crushing on him and knows him pretty well. Otherwise she wouldn't have ~~opinions~ about him and Michel.

Return to “Michel Janse”