Kalel Quarankitten: On Vacation From Reality (Part 45)

cheezupie
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Kalel Quarankitten: On Vacation From Reality (Part 45)

Post by cheezupie »

I wonder how much money she was able to "save up" considering the-next-to-nothing content she's been releasing over the past few years.
I get that she was probably wasting a lot on rent while living in LA/Cali but a downpayment on a house... really? While literally having released what... 4 videos a year and living at her parents'? I'm beyond confused.

Also, does anyone else think Rini will be staying with her parents once she moves?
It already seems she's given up on the cat.

youtubersuck
Informer
Informer

Post by youtubersuck »

sleep84 wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:12 am
Tinashe2On wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:47 am
Thoughts on her latest video/black screen ?
On one hand it's good that she bought a house ! Good for her !!! but on the other she is wallowing in self pity "I do the same thing everyday, I have no bf I have no friends, everybody hates me". Now she thinks she's autistic.

She's bored with life.
How is she making money? I wish she made more visual videos not just black screens, it's way more interesting to see her sorroundings. Even if it is just a walk.

Wow, she said at minute 2:00 that she enjoys hearing that people are going through shitty things because it makes her feel better. Wow, that's actually an awful mindset.
she said what?! maybe that's why she lost 10k a few days ago according to socialblade. pathetic bitch. and she deleted another video, but someone already reposted it on youtube lol

Lizbiz
Learner
Learner

Post by Lizbiz »

Welp, girl's finally making a podcast. How long do we think this project is going to last?

ToldMyselfIWouldn't
Learner
Learner

Post by ToldMyselfIWouldn't »

Lizbiz wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:27 pm
Welp, girl's finally making a podcast. How long do we think this project is going to last?
3 episodes. People wanted a podcast from her years ago. I think the ship has sailed and she's too late.

AmazonQueen
Lurker
Lurker

Post by AmazonQueen »

This new podcast was boring in my opinion, just a ton of googled facts. Also as someone who grew up in the 90s, I already knew all of this so it provided no value. Maybe a younger generation would care but I don't see any gen Zers knowing who Kalel even is. Honestly I was hoping for some more life updates about her or like any indication as to what she does all day and how she offered a house etc etc

Tttttrassh
Informer
Informer

Post by Tttttrassh »

AmazonQueen wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:57 am
This new podcast was boring in my opinion, just a ton of googled facts. Also as someone who grew up in the 90s, I already knew all of this so it provided no value. Maybe a younger generation would care but I don't see any gen Zers knowing who Kalel even is. Honestly I was hoping for some more life updates about her or like any indication as to what she does all day and how she offered a house etc etc
Yeah, agree. I lived through the 90s once and I don’t want to go back. There was good and bad, but it’s past.

Tinashe2On
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0

Post by Tinashe2On »

Tttttrassh wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:45 am
AmazonQueen wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:57 am
Yeah, agree. I lived through the 90s once and I don’t want to go back. There was good and bad, but it’s past.

I loved the 90's and would definitely go back. It was a good podcast.

sleep84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sleep84 »

Completely with zero value. People are interested in seeing her face not hearing her bs opinions on irrelevant things, who the hell she thinks she is. Her surroundings, her home, her decor, her food, trips to the store, anything would be interesting. A black screeen is valuable if the content is not an hour long and the person is a lecturer of some sort.

She is B O R I N G.
Pardon my typos, I have a rubbish keyboard. :P

Lizbiz
Learner
Learner

Post by Lizbiz »

5 minutes into her second episode she starts going on about how she just "finds it easier to connect with guys" and "girl friendships give her anxiety". God she is such a pick-me girl

lemonlime44
Debater
Debater

Post by lemonlime44 »

If she sticks with this she should look into putting it on Spotify and other sites.
:cool:

selenagomez
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by selenagomez »

i wonder if theres a reason she only uploads her podcast episodes to youtube? did she mention anything about that? wouldnt spotify or apple podcasts make more sense.. personally id be interested about her talking about her day, if she went into more detail about how her life got flipped inside out and if she talked more about her past relationships.

i still find it crazy how she went from being super successful on youtube, vlogging, being active etc to turning into a hardcore introvert not leaving her basement – and i dont mean that in a mean way, im truly curious
[url]http://blackpink.tumblr.com[/url]

Lizbiz
Learner
Learner

Post by Lizbiz »

I think about that too. Just the other day I was rewatching some of her old Wonderland Wardrobe content since I genuinely enjoyed that era of her life, and I couldn't help but think of how in just ten years she fell from being one of the most well-known youtubers (due to Anthony and WULAS) to where she is now, completely irrelevant.

I will say, she did acknowledge that nearing the end of her relationship with Anthony (she didn't name him, but it's obvious) she wasn't her "best self". I do think that she was being her true self, but she knows she fucked up and she's probably regretting the fact she broke up with him hard

sleep84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sleep84 »

Lizbiz wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:55 am

I will say, she did acknowledge that nearing the end of her relationship with Anthony (she didn't name him, but it's obvious) she wasn't her "best self". I do think that she was being her true self, but she knows she fucked up and she's probably regretting the fact she broke up with him hard
Maybe I'm in the minority but I never really believed that Anthony was that squeaky clean. Maybe he looked more the part of the sweet boyfriend but his way of addressing the beak up over nad over like he's this grand victim..meh. look at him now, such an arrogant self absorbed narcissist.

sunsetwaves
Learner
Learner

Post by sunsetwaves »

I really liked the new podcast episode. We all know Kalel's flaws, but she showed a lot of self awareness and I do think she's trying to improve.

Lizbiz
Learner
Learner

Post by Lizbiz »

sleep84 wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:59 am
Lizbiz wrote:

Maybe I'm in the minority but I never really believed that Anthony was that squeaky clean. Maybe he looked more the part of the sweet boyfriend but his way of addressing the beak up over nad over like he's this grand victim..meh. look at him now, such an arrogant self absorbed narcissist.
Oh I agree honestly. I watched back a couple WULAS videos and while it was kind of nice to see him kind of call her out on her bs then, I found a lot of moments where I thought "wow, he comes off as kind of a dick". I don't doubt he really loved her but I don't think he was a perfectly innocent angel either. I don't watch him at all, didn't really care about him in Smosh or on his own so I have no idea what he's like now although he looks like a completely different person than I remember

loudlyjudging
Lurker
Lurker

Post by loudlyjudging »

sleep84 wrote:
Lizbiz wrote:

I’ve noticed a lot of people who seemed close with Kalel, no longer follow her and still follow Anthony and actively engage in his posts (like Marzia) so it goes to show who is the most liked ‘personally’.

I want to love Kalel like I used to but year by year she becomes more self-absorbed and labels it as ‘personal development’ or ‘introversion’. Jesus how many times does she keep saying she has no friends considering how huge her friends circle was and the people who still bother to follow her and keep up with her posts (such as Andrea). It’s an insult to people who are trying to make an effort.

As an INTJ myself and an introvert, I get the whole introversion thing but I’m sooo sick of it being used as an identity. She has this ‘woe is me’ mindset which a lot of introverts do not have so don’t put it down as being an introvert *face palm*

sunsetwaves
Learner
Learner

Post by sunsetwaves »

loudlyjudging wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:00 pm
sleep84 wrote:

I’ve noticed a lot of people who seemed close with Kalel, no longer follow her and still follow Anthony and actively engage in his posts (like Marzia) so it goes to show who is the most liked ‘personally’.

I want to love Kalel like I used to but year by year she becomes more self-absorbed and labels it as ‘personal development’ or ‘introversion’. Jesus how many times does she keep saying she has no friends considering how huge her friends circle was and the people who still bother to follow her and keep up with her posts (such as Andrea). It’s an insult to people who are trying to make an effort.

As an INTJ myself and an introvert, I get the whole introversion thing but I’m sooo sick of it being used as an identity. She has this ‘woe is me’ mindset which a lot of introverts do not have so don’t put it down as being an introvert *face palm*
Or those people are clout chasers and chose Anthony because he was/is the more famous of the two? There's nuance to this story and breakup, and it's not as simple as people "choosing" one over the other for a simple reason. They work in the online entertainment industry. People don't want to burn bridges with one of the most popular youtubers when they themselves are also trying to make it or have made it.

sunsetwaves
Learner
Learner

Post by sunsetwaves »

For the record, I never really liked Anthony. He may (and likely has) grown since he dated Kalel, but throughout their relationship, I found him to be whiny and a little manipulative (yes, the very thing he called Kalel). He played the victim card at the end of their relationship, instead of taking any responsibility whatsoever. He knew, perhaps subconsciously, that people would side with him because we live in a misogynistic society, and they were surrounded by clout chasers who want to attach themselves to a successful man. Everyone was so quick to vilify Kalel, meanwhile Anthony showed zero self awareness of his part.

lemonlime44
Debater
Debater

Post by lemonlime44 »

The new podcast episode is about bad relationship stories from her female viewers and she wants the next one to be about stories from men. Some of the stories seemed fake to me. I feel this format is basically outsourcing content already. Hopefully the next episodes have more effort.
:cool:

sleep84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sleep84 »

sunsetwaves wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:50 pm
For the record, I never really liked Anthony. He may (and likely has) grown since he dated Kalel, but throughout their relationship, I found him to be whiny and a little manipulative (yes, the very thing he called Kalel). He played the victim card at the end of their relationship, instead of taking any responsibility whatsoever. He knew, perhaps subconsciously, that people would side with him because we live in a misogynistic society, and they were surrounded by clout chasers who want to attach themselves to a successful man. Everyone was so quick to vilify Kalel, meanwhile Anthony showed zero self awareness of his part.
Yeah, I thought that too. Of course we don't really know what happeend and as much as we call Kalel narcissistic, we don't really know if she was emotionally abusive in the relationship.

I never really liked Kalel in any way to be honest, she is a little bit younger than me and I was just mindlessly following YT drama, I have no particular interest. She is a ridiculous human, though. Her Elon Musk obsession, like that makes her smart, the only person that I find worse than her these days is Niomi Smart, she gets the cake! :roll: :roll:

Return to “Kalel”