Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Re: Acacia Kersey: Live, Laugh, Gaslight

Post by AllAmericanTrash »

Jenin wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:52 am
AllAmericanTrash wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:19 am
So now she's already said that she won't make the kids apologize (because she only wants them to do it if they mean it), will take them out of school whenever they don't feel like going, and now won't provide her kids basic hygiene because they "don't give their consent"? Why even have kids if you're not going to raise them, which is going to involve doing things they don't want sometimes? Even the most hands-off parents will still step in to guide the child, set boundaries, or just make sure they grow up to be a functioning human being. She really continues to prove that she had kids so she could have mini-me best friends and all the perks that come with that, every time the moment comes up where she has to be The Parent she just fails.
I think some of the ideas she has about parenting hold some value, but she’s too lazy and immature to put them into practice correctly. Like when the discussion of occasionally missing school came up a while back. I see the value in taking mental health days every once in a while, but not as a regular thing and not just taking the day off because they don’t feel like going. That has the potential to be abused and if the Acacia lets her kids walk all over her (like she already does), it will be abused. Same with consent. Teaching your kids about consent is important, but it shouldn’t lead to your kids being neglected! There are ways to teach this concept will also making sure your kids basic hygiene is taken care of. Like maybe not putting their whole lives on the internet until they are old enough to make an informed decision?
She wants a friendship like relationship with her kids and what she’s gonna get is kids who don’t respect her and walk all over her. She needs to set boundaries. You can have a close and open relationship with your kids while also having boundaries and having them recognize your as the authority figure. However, creating a relationship like that requires a level or effort and maturity that Acacia clearly doesn’t have.
Totally agreed! It's good to teach your kid about consent by not making them hug/kiss adults just because the adults ask, even relatives... but that shouldn't apply to not brushing their hair and bathing them. It's good to teach your kids about mental health/days and stress management... but you shouldn't be proud of committing to take them out of school for as many days as they want. It's good to be against corporal punishment and promoting communicating with your child... but simply declaring "I'm not going to punish them in any way, just have a discussion that what they're doing isn't okay" is foolhardy when you're dealing with an irrational toddler. It's great to have a parent-child relationship where the child feels safe and comfortable confiding in their parent, but I felt comfortable with my parents BECAUSE they're strong people who knew that sometimes you had to make the hard decision. Sometimes she just seems too lazy to implement anything, other times it feels like it's not good enough to Acacia to just make a good basic parenting decision and be quiet about it, she has to overdo it to show off that she's cooler and more new-age progressive than the average parent. Yes, parenting wisdom changes with each generation, but needing to keep them groomed doesn't!

Yet... she still can't help but control their destinies a little. Even when Brinley clearly preferred the neon princess dresses she still tried pushing the beige potato sacks, lmao.

melindagomez
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Post by melindagomez »

I don't think her kids are going to go to school. They'll be homeschooled aka no schooled. Jairus might teach them to meditate and journal a wellness mantra and that's it.

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

melindagomez wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:21 pm
I don't think her kids are going to go to school. They'll be homeschooled aka no schooled. Jairus might teach them to meditate and journal a wellness mantra and that's it.

For sure. Brinley will have no bed time, she'll be allowed to stay up however late she wants. Homework? Nah. Tests? No. Acacia will have them go outside and pick flowers and then come inside and bake raw vegan cookies as an assignment before instructing them to go watch TV for the rest of the day. No curriculum, no socialization with other kids, Acacia is going to allow those kids to do whatever they want, whenever they want and they'll probably end up being internet famous like her so no reason for an education *shrugs* if they do put Brinley in real school, Acacia will pull her out the second a teacher tries to discipline her :roll:

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

BornThisWay94 wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:16 pm
melindagomez wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:21 pm

For sure. Brinley will have no bed time, she'll be allowed to stay up however late she wants. Homework? Nah. Tests? No. Acacia will have them go outside and pick flowers and then come inside and bake raw vegan cookies as an assignment before instructing them to go watch TV for the rest of the day. No curriculum, no socialization with other kids, Acacia is going to allow those kids to do whatever they want, whenever they want and they'll probably end up being internet famous like her so no reason for an education *shrugs* if they do put Brinley in real school, Acacia will pull her out the second a teacher tries to discipline her :roll:

Also, someone on OT caught that Acacia has "Move to California" written on a whiteboard. I knew one day that this would come, she only moved to Oregon to chase down Jairus but now I bet she's convinced him to move back down near LA.

orangetasticgirl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by orangetasticgirl »

Have y'all ever seen that episode of wife swap where the kids are "unschooled"? That's these kids in a few years. "Look at this. Think about it!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvUakJv ... nel=tinsel

(Hopefully the link works, it's a hilarious episode until you realize how screwed those kids are)

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

orangetasticgirl wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:36 am
Have y'all ever seen that episode of wife swap where the kids are "unschooled"? That's these kids in a few years. "Look at this. Think about it!"

(Hopefully the link works, it's a hilarious episode until you realize how screwed those kids are)

That was actually painful to watch and is literally a glimpse into Acacia's kids futures. No structure, no discipline, Brinley and the gang will be allowed to do whatever the want whenever they want.

Lolokwow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lolokwow »

orangetasticgirl wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:36 am

I was just about to mention un-schooling. I just recently learned about it bc of a viral tik Tok of a child who was "un-schooled" and how she doesnt recommend any parent actually unschool their child because she was so vastly under-prepared for the world and eventually ended up failing out of most of her classes because she was so behind when she did actually pursue schooling. I'll link it if it can find it.

Acacia and Jarius are horrible parents. There's a perfectly capable way of allowing your child to be a "free thinker and independent" without going off the deep end and giving them no structure, discipline or responsibility in life. Paired with their whole lives being exploited for a few bucks, these kids are quite literally doomed. Neither one of them actually think about the long time effects and future of their children. What may be seem fine and manageable now may not always be the case.

And what about Rosie? she cant now and most likely never will be able to consent or dissent to anything...does that then make it okay for acacia to do whatever to her? What if Rosie did magically sign that she doesnt like he feeding tube, you gonna take it out and let her starve again? lord. :roll:

idontknow

Post by idontknow »

I noticed Acacia started saying the thing about consent after a TikTok went viral a few months ago. I can't find it, but it was basically a mom going up to her toddler and showing the difference between consent and non-consent with a toddler. She said so many parents will approach their children and demand that they are going to brush their hair right now when the toddler doesn't want it, making it difficult for both the parent and the toddler. She showed an alternative where she gave him two options: brush hair now before food, or brush hair after food. She gave a lecture about how often we force children to do things without their consent and get angry when they don't do things exactly when we want them to.

It made good points I guess, but Acacia is taking it to an extreme. The whole point is giving the toddler an option to pick when they do it to give them a choice, not to never do it. Her kids are never going to learn basic self-care.

dippedbananas
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by dippedbananas »

Did anyone see that she donated 10% ($500 USD) to a charity on payday? That means she's still making $5,000 a payday, which is a good amount of money. Wonder if she's paid every week, or every other week.

If it's $5,000 every week then that's $240,000 annually, right?

Lolokwow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lolokwow »

dippedbananas wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:49 am
Did anyone see that she donated 10% ($500 USD) to a charity on payday? That means she's still making $5,000 a payday, which is a good amount of money. Wonder if she's paid every week, or every other week.

someone can correct me if I'm wrong-- I believe youtube pays out monthly (But I think youtube's payday is later in the month around the week of the 21st). Assuming that was all Adsense money from her channel then she made 5k monthly, which would be around 60k a year. Payouts for IG/independent youtube sponsorships are determined contractually. It doesn't seem like she's had any sponsorships since her return to releasing steady content, so im willing to bet this was an Adsense payout.

Even with all her streams of income though I don't think acacia is making 240k, because she wouldn't be pressed for patreon, presets and twitch if youtube and sponsorships alone were getting her that much. But I'm willing to bet she still brings in a healthy $100-120k a year, even after taxes.

Side note, we're on page 43 now... isn't it time for a new thread?

weatethepopcorn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by weatethepopcorn »

Lolokwow wrote:
dippedbananas wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:49 am

someone can correct me if I'm wrong-- I believe youtube pays out monthly (But I think youtube's payday is later in the month around the week of the 21st). Assuming that was all Adsense money from her channel then she made 5k monthly, which would be around 60k a year. Payouts for IG/independent youtube sponsorships are determined contractually. It doesn't seem like she's had any sponsorships since her return to releasing steady content, so im willing to bet this was an Adsense payout.

Even with all her streams of income though I don't think acacia is making 240k, because she wouldn't be pressed for patreon, presets and twitch if youtube and sponsorships alone were getting her that much. But I'm willing to bet she still brings in a healthy $100-120k a year, even after taxes.

Side note, we're on page 43 now... isn't it time for a new thread?
You are correct youtube pays only once a month, so only 60k per year from YouTube. I doubt she’s making 5k a month on YouTube though because her video views hasn’t gone up crazily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

purplekween
Learner
Learner

Post by purplekween »

isn’t she a vegan or something like that? yet she’s giving away a LV bag like even if it’s between her and other “influencers” you preach about being vegan yet turn around and do this LOL

margaritahicks
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by margaritahicks »

A little late to the patreon thing, but I wanted to let my comment marinate before coming on here.

Basically I expressed my frustration with Acacia on the whole sudden dive into adult content in her Instagram comments. I am not trying to gatekeep by no means. Its just frustrating when influencers use OF/Patreon for an additional revenue stream, meanwhile for many SW this revenue is the only revenue they receive. Of course when influencers have a higher following, they can very easily use it to their advantage.
While there is a positive to influencers using these sites by building traffic on the apps themselves, it has still been negatively affecting the full-time SW community.(i.e FT-SW now have to sell their content for a “lower than market” value. Meaning if Acacia is sellings her for $20, a smaller creator would have to sell there’s for $10 in order to compete.)

Not only that, but 2020-present has been a revolutionary year for SW. Its just annoying that Acacia never has & likely never will use her platform to advocate for decriminalization of the industry that she has now put herself into. She has never spoken on the danger and injustices that regular SW have to deal with; which includes the BTLM movement. Further proving that her advocation was entirely performative.

melindagomez
Informer
Informer

Post by melindagomez »

Acacia is just selling pics in her bra on Patreon right? Patreon started more as a way for celebrities to sell exclusive content so it's not that far off from the expected business model. Only Fans is trying to diversify more to celebrity content also so she won't be the only "celebrity" selling content on these sites. I would say since she isn't nude she isn't really competing with sex workers directly?

So homegirl is claiming they are moving to Santa Clarita CA, hmm. Also, how do we add a new page on here?

Lolokwow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lolokwow »

melindagomez wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:42 am
Acacia is just selling pics in her bra on Patreon right? Patreon started more as a way for celebrities to sell exclusive content so it's not that far off from the expected business model. Only Fans is trying to diversify more to celebrity content also so she won't be the only "celebrity" selling content on these sites. I would say since she isn't nude she isn't really competing with sex workers directly?

So homegirl is claiming they are moving to Santa Clarita CA, hmm. Also, how do we add a new page on here?
It’s diet sex work. All the perks (i.e money and exposure) but none of the actual stigma or harms that actually come w/ sex work.

thenoodleking
Informer
Informer

Post by thenoodleking »

She finally admitted that his name is Calliope

greeneyestanlines
Learner
Learner

Post by greeneyestanlines »

thenoodleking wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:20 am
She finally admitted that his name is Calliope
We literally all knew that would be his name too so why she felt the need to pretend she didn’t pick it is beyond me

AllAmericanTrash
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AllAmericanTrash »

Lord have mercy, she is so full of shit... Even her explanation sounds stupid as hell. LBR, his name was always Calliope, the "unnamed baby" thing was just a stint to try to keep the engagement going after it was basically confirmed for months that she was naming him Calliope (why else did she have that necklace with the children's initials before he was born?), and "Cali" was just the compromise because she admitted over a leaked DM that Jairus and his family hated the name Calliope -- but it's Acacia so of course she's going to get her way no matter what, as if she hasn't already implied/outright stated she doesn't really care about Jairus's input on baby names. And then she promptly cocked it up by "calling him Calliope in private/in front of Jairus" so the "we still call him Cali a majority of the time though" is probably going to be DOA by the end of the spring now that the cat's out of the bag.

Don't know if I'm reading it wrong but there is a slim chance he was originally named Cali and she wore Jairus down enough to where he just let her do what she wanted and changed his name back to what she had originally wanted but it's still pretty shitty. This is the girl who had an aesthetic/personality board made for her child before he was even born, she doesn't care about going with the flow and letting things evolve, she's just making sure things go as planned lmao. Same as why she's pushing the idea of him being a feminine mama's boy -- nothing wrong with raising without gender roles but it's pretty laughable she has no problem overemphasizing Brinley's femininity when it doesn't reflect reality. Just as long as the kids follow her vlogger-mom ideal of charming Disney fairy children.

As for the move to California, sounds stupid but it would be such an Acacia move to uproot and back to California with no real game plan. I know she's said in the past she missed the state and even wanted a second house there, but she's got three young kids (one of whom still needs help so badly that her infant sibling might surpass her before long), poor credit, and tenuous finances moving away from a scant social safety net to a much higher cost-of-living city. Her content has been DOA for ages (apart from the """risqué pg-13"""" Patreon), what is she even going to do? She's not famous or "enviable" anymore and was recently burned online for racist tweets and neglecting her daughter, I doubt anybody is going to racing to her to hang out or make videos and she's piss-poor at making new connections. I guess she can get a bit of mileage out of a few moving/house videos but long-term, idk. Maybe Jairus will finally get a job? lmao

BTW, you can make a new thread from the subforum main page, I just don't have a pun worthy of this mess atm :(

inulius
Stalker
Stalker

Post by inulius »

Oh... Gosh.
It's my first time posting here and I'm doing so because I just couldn't not comment on it, I happen to be Greek and honestly, Calliope is considered as one of the ugliest, most ungracious female names here, it just baffles me how it can be perceived as a good name by some (not many thankfully). We consider it as a grandma's name. Also, there is this weird Greek army slang where the name Calliope is used to describe toilet bowls :roll: I imagine them visiting Greece for holidays, with Acacia boasting about her son's Greek name to the locals, and let me tell you, they would show no mercy. :rofl:

ebony_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ebony_ »

We all knew his name was Calliope, does she think he is fooling anyone? The second she announced the name as Cali we all knew she was just too scared to say it’s Calliope because of the backlash the name received while she was still pregnant.

Personally I don’t like the name but I have come to realise that I really doesn’t care what I think in the slightest because if it’s someone I care about it will make me love the name. My coworker recently had to terminate a much wanted pregnancy due to the baby having too many genetic problems and wouldn’t survive after birth. She has only just came back to work but she doesn’t mind talking about her baby girl. I asked her last night if she had named her baby or what she would like me to call her and she had given the baby a name and was ok with me using it. It’s a name I had previously hated but when she told me that was her babies name I fell in love with it and didn’t have any negative thoughts about it at all.

I’m sure if someone I cared about called their child Calliope it would change my mind on the name. As long as Acacia and J like it (which I know J didn’t like it) that’s all that really matters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes, I have a sleep disorder and my brain is often that scattered that I don't pick up on the problems!

Return to “acaciacutie”