Theresa Is Dead

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Theresa Is Dead

Post by lulugirl765 »

She’s loopy in general, but the move has got her even more loopy, is how I took it. It sounds like she hasn’t been out of NY much at all, not even for traveling. Just a fact that she would need an upgraded plane seat to business class at a minimum or buy 2 seats for herself.

Bonki
Informer
Informer

Post by Bonki »

sofisticat wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:09 am
I liked the rest of the story time but I feel like Theresa worries that it's not enough and so she has to add onto things. We had: the ac unit falling out, dealing with those construction workers and them handing over some money (is that enough to cover a unit?), the moving dates for the new living place, the air bnb that resulted because of it, then the utility lady which just sounded fake af to me.
Exactly! I feel like the first stories was fine, but then she just needs to push it too far and make it either weirdly sexual and gross.
She also does these pauses for shock or something and its so cringy!!! We get it you think you are super funny but no one is going to believe you thinking the lady on the phone was pleasuring themselves while talking to you...

I actually think she would be more fun to watch if she just relaxed a tiny bit, I always get the feeling she feels a need to do something extra to hide her true self or something. Like if she didn't do the moaning story we might actually get a glimps of her real feelings about moving and the stress it causes. Like not everything needs to be a joke or goofy. Its okay to just be real for one video. But alas we get to hear her moan instead.

chaichai
Learner
Learner

Post by chaichai »

Only Theresa would be losing it during a utilities call. :roll: Her story had me picturing some sleepy old utilities lady. Some people mmmmmm hmmmm erm mmmmm a lot while fighting computers and trying to get New Yorkers to cut the giggling and enunciate all the letters in their last names.

soul reaper
Informer
Informer

Post by soul reaper »

chaichai wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:19 pm
Only Theresa would be losing it during a utilities call. :roll: Her story had me picturing some sleepy old utilities lady. Some people mmmmmm hmmmm erm mmmmm a lot while fighting computers and trying to get New Yorkers to cut the giggling and enunciate all the letters in their last names.
That’s exactly what I thought. Add a really bad, fuzzy connection and you can easily mistake those for sexual sounds if your imagination goes there. I do think the beginning of the video is much more real, and that Theresa seemed much more relaxed. You could actually sense humanity again. She’s been turning herself into an ad robot for way too long.

Bonki
Informer
Informer

Post by Bonki »

Maybe I am biased, because I just ordered a ton of super shock shadows, but her disinterested for them (the most famous product from colourpop) but she is inlove with the fucking profusion horrid cactus shaped palette...what?!?!

Also her bathtub comment made me a bit sad, its obvious she hates how she looks and knows people judge her, but at the same time shes saying that while sipping pure calories...

sofisticat
Informer
Informer

Post by sofisticat »

She doesn't really seem all the interested in Colourpop at all, so I can see why she's not focused on the super shocks. Probably too pigmented for her or something, lol.

Did y'all notice her walking back that trash talking of Chantecaille? All of a sudden it's "y'all know I love them and yes, I was a bit hard on them for the singles but I think the quads are going to be right up my alley" or whatever. Hmmm, wonder who talked to her?

And now she's sort of smack talking Profusion and the Mean Girls palette she decluttered when previously she loved it so much and the formula was actually pretty good, guys! She did point out the terrible packaging but she also played up the formula. Guess that didn't end up sticking.

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

did she not get as much money from them as she expected so now she's backtracking?

same could be said for chantecaille.

when one receives free items in exchange for a review, that is still a sponsorship.
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

soul reaper
Informer
Informer

Post by soul reaper »

fizzwizz12 wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:41 am
did she not get as much money from them as she expected so now she's backtracking?

She’s not getting that $365 Chantecaille cream, her new holy grail, for free (she mentioned it was expensive even for her and that she was dreading to pay that price for a replacement), so who knows.

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

soul reaper wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:18 pm
fizzwizz12 wrote:

She’s not getting that $365 Chantecaille cream, her new holy grail, for free (she mentioned it was expensive even for her and that she was dreading to pay that price for a replacement), so who knows.
i just wonder if that's true, ya know? it makes them more "relatable" to claim that it's expensive for them... but i dunno, this youtube shit is fishy as fuck.
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

soul reaper wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:18 pm
fizzwizz12 wrote:

I noticed on another YouTuber’s IG giveaway co-post with her Chantecaille rep a disclaimer that the giveaway is not sponsored by Chantecaille, even though the rep is doing the giveaway. That confirms yet again that these Chantecaille reps with part-time jobs at the Chantecaille counter are acting on their own with YouTubers. They get an amount of product to give away maybe, but their relationships with YouTubers are about increasing their personal sales total, they are representing themselves rather than corporate.

Bottom line, this means if Theresa isn’t getting her cream it’s because she’s not keeping the right relationship with her rep, or he is not getting the sales from her that he expects. I see other influencers getting topped up with their favorite products. Maybe she’s not doing enough shilling, but she did get an advent calendar. So she’s half-in-half-out.

I’m sure she feels that makes her seem less biased, or beholden. She also seems to want to be seen as supporting the "little guy" indie companies rather than the bigger corporate. But if you are gonna take anything in PR, why not do it whole hog from a company you A) can’t afford and B) actually helps your face? In the end, you are more genuine reviewing products if you are acting on what works for you rather than confusing viewers by supporting little guys only because they are little.

padelica
Learner
Learner

Post by padelica »

The "geriatric milennial" would look younger if she lost 50 pounds.
Just saying.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

It’s just what a contrast between Theresa and Chantecaille, and someone else like Abby Bliss White. Abby is planning a trip from Oregon to Florida to meet her Chantecaille rep Angela Rogers and hang out. They have sold a lot of $300 tubs of face cream, and Angela sends Abby her free re-ups of that $300 cream they were just hawking on Abby’s channel. Abby and Angela don’t have to be bosom buddies to celebrate the business they do together: Abby can write off the whole Florida vacation as a business expense.

Contrast that successful partnership with Theresa who can’t even be gracious when she gets free product, much less bother to cultivate the relationship with her rep.

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

let's say it like it is. Theresa isn't grateful for anything she has, received, earned, been given. Her shtick is to be a garbage person.. that's who she is in her daily life.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

I’m kinda waiting for the new videos to start from Florida. I have no interest in her pre-filmed "I gotta put something up" stuff. In fact I can probably just wait it out until Florida starts to really steam bake in a few months and then see how she’s getting along. Or not.

soul reaper
Informer
Informer

Post by soul reaper »

The thumbnail for her new mail unboxing video is so tasteless. Why is she holding up a $20 bill? Who would even send that to her? I don’t have the stomach to watch it.

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by DrowningInMelancholy »

Has she ever done a giveaway on her channel and if so, was it sponsored? I don't recall ever seeing her do giveaway to "give back" to her subs

soul reaper
Informer
Informer

Post by soul reaper »

I stand corrected. It was a $50 bill. I forwarded the video to that section and it was grosser than I thought. Who randomly sends a $50 bill to someone who can clearly afford what she can?! I hate speculating about people’s financial situations so we need to go off what we know. It’s not like she’s ever actually said she’s in need. There was only something about her friend needing money for cancer treatments, but that was a while ago, and her mother also needing money. Not sure if either of them still do but none of my business. She didn’t read the card so she might have not seen who the money was intended for, or else she wouldn’t have been saying she’d spend it at at Dunkin’ Donuts. Whoever this person is, if they were really just throwing spending money at her (which she shouldn’t have flashed in the video if that was the case), they must have been high.

sofisticat
Informer
Informer

Post by sofisticat »

I, too, am waiting for Florida content. Or at least AirBnb shenanigans. I saw the bill and was not interested at all. I don't understand why viewers send BGs shit, period. I saw this one the reddits where Samantha March decluttered a gift palette and someone said they only gifted to a beginning BG and that's because she couldn't afford palettes and I just ... Like, if you can't afford to buy the product then maybe you shouldn't be doing the content! It's so weird.

I don't even do youtube memberships but those at least make some modicum of sense because you get additional perks. But why you would sense hard cash is just beyond me. What if she had already left the state by that point? Handed over the key, People may not forward this shit over, and stuff gets lost.

soul reaper
Informer
Informer

Post by soul reaper »

sofisticat wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:09 pm
But why you would sense hard cash is just beyond me. What if she had already left the state by that point? Handed over the key, People may not forward this shit over, and stuff gets lost.
I stand corrected again. It was a 20. But why didn’t they just send her a DD gift card then? I still think Theresa should have just lied it was a gift card, not shown anything and thanked whoever it was privately. It’s tacky to flash money onscreen.

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

oh i have never understood that need for beautubers to put up their post office boxes for free shit from idiots.

there are people out there that will screw their families over to send these assholes stuff they can buy on their own. this need to put people on pedestals has never made sense to me.

Return to “P-T”