Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: David Dobrik/Vlog Squad (Part 51)

Post by Autrag »

carbonara wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:25 pm
Did anyone see David’s insta story of Ilya flooring the Ferrari, like is that not a little irresponsible to post given that a YouTube died last week because of his friends reckless drunk driving? Like read the room ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As much as I have supported a certain Slovak asshole in the past, I just can't with the complete lack of empathy. Like what the hell? Both of them flooring a it in a tunnel literally calls for a disaster if one of the cars who are coming towards them loses control for whatever reason. A fellow youtuber whom they knew personally died recently for fucks sake. How gross and insensitive can one be? Like at least don't post it online and try to pretend like you have an ounce of care about what is happening. It's the same thousands dying from the virus but them not giving a fuck. I seriously do not understand why they don't get cancelled. They should be.

Lily_111
Informer
Informer

Post by Lily_111 »

Gosh last year I used to be a fan of Natalie now I just can’t stand her. I used to think that the shade that David was throwing at her in the podcast is just a joke (To certain level) but nope there is always a little bit of truth behind every joke!
Also, how Joe is hanging out with the boys when he was diagnosed with coivd-19 recently? Just because you’re healed doesn’t mean you can jump from one house to another!!!Why are they like that????
Lastly, I love Addison but gosh she’s so desperate to be part of the Vlog Squad since she distanced herself from The Hype House and idk, i don’t really hate but not love that at the same time
:HK:

Teacup30
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Teacup30 »

Slovak asshole hehe. Worst part is it would be some poor innocent family that would die in that tunnel, not him and Ilya. I get it, its fun, but its also putting others at risk. And both David and Ilya had to do it! Once wasn't enough.

I just want to know where they were going. Beach for Jason's birthday??? Nat & Todd :barf: were following in the bronco. Don't know why they didn't all car pool in the tesla, I guess the tunnel was a planned thing.

And at this point, we all know they give no shits, so they may as well give us stories of them on the beach with Jason.
:love1: Strong women don't have attitudes. They have high standards and firm boundaries. :love1:

steps5678
Learner
Learner

Post by steps5678 »

i honestly wonder when/if carly and erin will meet-up with the rest of the vs since nobody else has actually listened to the lockdown rules. i mean jeff and jonah were together so now jonah has also broke the rules.
i just cannot forgive them for how they have behaved during a PANDEMIC. So disgustingly entitled.

steps5678
Learner
Learner

Post by steps5678 »

i honestly wonder when/if carly and erin will meet-up with the rest of the vs since nobody else has actually listened to the lockdown rules. i mean jeff and jonah were together so now jonah has also broke the rules.
i just cannot forgive them for how they have behaved during a PANDEMIC. So disgustingly entitled.

steps5678
Learner
Learner

Post by steps5678 »

i also think it’s really hilarious how so many of you hate on natalie because she’s ‘lazy’ ‘does nothing’ or ‘lives rent free with david’. What about Ilya? do you honestly believe david will be collecting rent from him? no way. and using the excuse of her being david’s assistant makes 0 sense because she is clearly more of a bs character now , but just like how jason is the ‘old guy’, jeff is the ‘criminal’, natalie is the ‘assistant’. she is an influencer now regardless of how you feel about her, obviously she won’t be doing as much work as she once did.
as for him hiring a third assistant, maybe taylor isn’t pulling her weight? why is it natalie that automatically is bad at her job?

listen, i’m not a natalie stan bc quite frankly i’m beyond fed up of the entire squad, but the way some of you act is medieval.
she is not a slut for having a boyfriend or fuckbuddy. clearly natalie and corina don’t care so why do you? are you just looking for an excuse to hate on her? i think so. wether it’s misogyny or internalised misogyny some of you need to take a good look at yourselves and the language you use when referring to a young woman. the body shaming and slut shaming needs to stop. it’s not gossip at that point it’s just simply verbal abuse.

aaronj
Informer
Informer

Post by aaronj »

Autrag wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:29 pm
carbonara wrote:
Did anyone see David’s insta story of Ilya flooring the Ferrari, like is that not a little irresponsible to post given that a YouTube died last week because of his friends reckless drunk driving? Like read the room ??

As much as I have supported a certain Slovak asshole in the past, I just can't with the complete lack of empathy. Like what the hell? Both of them flooring a it in a tunnel literally calls for a disaster if one of the cars who are coming towards them loses control for whatever reason. A fellow youtuber whom they knew personally died recently for fucks sake. How gross and insensitive can one be? Like at least don't post it online and try to pretend like you have an ounce of care about what is happening. It's the same thousands dying from the virus but them not giving a fuck. I seriously do not understand why they don't get cancelled. They should be.
If you don't like the behavior just say so objectively, all the other stuff is kinda silly. A guy who Ilya never met and David met likely a few times died via drunk driver. Why would that event have any bearing on whether this is acceptable. The virus is even less related. The only connection is that maybe there are less people on the road then usual otherwise it has zero bearing at all. Again not liking the behavior is totally within reason, dressing it up in all this topical nonsense undercuts the point. The behavior is not any worse/better based on any of that stuff.

Autrag
Learner
Learner

Post by Autrag »

aaronj wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 4:43 am
Autrag wrote:
carbonara wrote:

If you don't like the behavior just say so objectively, all the other stuff is kinda silly. A guy who Ilya never met and David met likely a few times died via drunk driver. Why would that event have any bearing on whether this is acceptable. The virus is even less related. The only connection is that maybe there are less people on the road then usual otherwise it has zero bearing at all. Again not liking the behavior is totally within reason, dressing it up in all this topical nonsense undercuts the point. The behavior is not any worse/better based on any of that stuff.
I'm talking about behavioural patterns - being extremely insensitive to the suffering of others in various scenarios and acting as if he is above everything and everyone.

If you think that there is nothing wrong with such actions, awesome. Opinions are like assholes - everyone has one. However, filming yourself speeding in a tunnel on the heels of a young person dying in a carcrash because of reckless behaviours, in my opinion, is extremely insensitive and gross. Their actions have the same pattern when it comes to the virus too.

Teacup30
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Teacup30 »

It doesn't matter whether or not they met the guy. They are apart of the same community. Even if it had never happened, speeding through a tunnel is some stupid shit.

I feel like David could blow up a daycare centre and laugh about it and his fans would find a way to excuse it.
:love1: Strong women don't have attitudes. They have high standards and firm boundaries. :love1:

cjr14
Learner
Learner

Post by cjr14 »

Autrag wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 5:11 am
aaronj wrote:
Autrag wrote:
carbonara wrote:

I'm talking about behavioural patterns - being extremely insensitive to the suffering of others in various scenarios and acting as if he is above everything and everyone.

If you think that there is nothing wrong with such actions, awesome. Opinions are like assholes - everyone has one. However, filming yourself speeding in a tunnel on the heels of a young person dying in a carcrash because of reckless behaviours, in my opinion, is extremely insensitive and gross. Their actions have the same pattern when it comes to the virus too.
The guy got killed by a drunk asshole. If David was pretending to be drunk or something stupid like that I could understand the anger but I legitimately didn't even connect the two events until I read here haha. I agree he shouldn't promote stupid behavior though.

Paschdav
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Paschdav »

steps5678 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 4:16 am
of course they will, that's the only reason why people are watching their content. They had a video with Jeff a week or 2 ago. Im proud that they care this much but I dont see any of them calling them out.

Also Zane saw Erin the other day in a story do people really think he didnt go up to her?
Put your gun down or your daughter gets it

- David Dobrik 2020

https://cureouscat.me/Paschdav

You have the questions. I have the answers

snuffy777
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by snuffy777 »

Teacup30 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 3:58 am
Slovak asshole hehe. Worst part is it would be some poor innocent family that would die in that tunnel, not him and Ilya. I get it, its fun, but its also putting others at risk. And both David and Ilya had to do it! Once wasn't enough.

I just want to know where they were going. Beach for Jason's birthday??? Nat & Todd :barf: were following in the bronco. Don't know why they didn't all car pool in the tesla, I guess the tunnel was a planned thing.

And at this point, we all know they give no shits, so they may as well give us stories of them on the beach with Jason.
It looked to me like Natalie and Todd went on their own excursion somewhere. If they went to see Jason, wouldn't they be parking in front of the house, on the other side? Whereas, the Bronco was in a parking lot.

deansgirl
Talker
Talker

Post by deansgirl »

Paschdav wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 8:27 am
steps5678 wrote:
of course they will, that's the only reason why people are watching their content. They had a video with Jeff a week or 2 ago. Im proud that they care this much but I dont see any of them calling them out.

Also Zane saw Erin the other day in a story do people really think he didnt go up to her?
That wasn't actually Erin, just a girl that looked like her. It was a joke.

aaronj
Informer
Informer

Post by aaronj »

Autrag wrote:
aaronj wrote:
Autrag wrote:
carbonara wrote:

Ok but why that particular death? Young people have been dying b/c of reckless behavior everyday David has been alive. Someone he met briefly died 2 weeks ago and Ilya never met the person. Again that's my point, is connecting those dots doesn't make much sense. What's the period of time before David can speed again and not have it be related to Corey? 4 weeks? 5? You see why that's silly? Like I said either the behavior is wrong or isn't but acting like it's extra wrong b/c a particular individual died (not even in the same manner, drunk driving is not like gunning a straightaway for 10 seconds, it's not even really the same universe) rather than the nameless individuals dying of the same every hour is kinda weird and not super logical. I could see it if Corey was like their great friend, but that's not the case. He's an acquaintance to just 1 of the 2 people.

muppjay
Debater
Debater

Post by muppjay »

Damn, people on tictok are mean!
Scotty is getting hate since "he moved on so fast" one even said:

"Guys get fit and skinny and break up with the girl that stayed with them through everyting"

Lol what? Scott was skinny, fit and "(vine)famous" way before kristin?

And jac is getting called rebound, kristin 2.0, bitch and so on...

Autrag
Learner
Learner

Post by Autrag »

aaronj wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 1:38 pm
Autrag wrote:
aaronj wrote:
Autrag wrote:
carbonara wrote:

Ok but why that particular death? Young people have been dying b/c of reckless behavior everyday David has been alive. Someone he met briefly died 2 weeks ago and Ilya never met the person. Again that's my point, is connecting those dots doesn't make much sense. What's the period of time before David can speed again and not have it be related to Corey? 4 weeks? 5? You see why that's silly? Like I said either the behavior is wrong or isn't but acting like it's extra wrong b/c a particular individual died (not even in the same manner, drunk driving is not like gunning a straightaway for 10 seconds, it's not even really the same universe) rather than the nameless individuals dying of the same every hour is kinda weird and not super logical. I could see it if Corey was like their great friend, but that's not the case. He's an acquaintance to just 1 of the 2 people.
The LA youtube space is quite tightknit and fans are still sad over it, I'm sure their audiences overlap to some extent. It's not like this was an important and extremely entertaining piece of content that couldn't not have been posted.
Also they were a part of the same community as someone mentioned so some solidarity would be appreciated and I'll leave it at that as now this is an argument between two users and we are just spamming the thread. Agree to disagree.

ZoeSadie_
Talker
Talker

Post by ZoeSadie_ »

I think the point of David and Ilya speeding and relating it to Corey, is that Corey's incident can show just how quickly and unexpectedly things can go wrong. In Coreys case, yes there was alcohol involved, but it comes down to the driver speeding and losing control in a fancy car. That driver, by the way, was Daniel Silva, who was in Scotts video and gave everyone a tattoo at his house not too long ago. So not only did they know the person that died, they knew the driver that killed his friend. And his life will also be changed forever due to this mistake.

Although David and Ilya aren't drinking and driving, they are still just as stupid to be speeding, let alone in a tunnel. Just one little thing, whether it be a rock in the road or someone in another lane slightly swerving into yours, and everyone could get majorly hurt.

And yes, David did know Corey. Corey has been in David's vlog before and even if you go to Corey's youtube channel, the video on the home page is Corey and Zane "pranking" David. They saw Corey out all the time at saddle ranch and parties. Zane and Heath are very good friends with him. Just because David wasn't as close doesn't mean he should just dismiss what happened.

I know its fun to drive fast blah blah, but there has to be somewhere safer they can do it. Not in an enclosed tunnel and trying to be showy on instagram. Imagine if something went wrong and they ended up crashing and killing other drivers? Imagine how the media would tear him apart for posting those stories.

It's just another example of how David and friends live in their own bubble. Speeding or ignoring social distancing, he has the mentality of "oh that sucks but it would never happen to me" and that is what irritates people the most.

Pplareinsaneeeee
Talker
Talker

Post by Pplareinsaneeeee »

deansgirl wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 1:36 pm
Paschdav wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 8:27 am
steps5678 wrote:

That wasn't actually Erin, just a girl that looked like her. It was a joke.
I’m pretty sure it was her, she posted the photo zane saw her take

Paschdav
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Paschdav »

Just curious? Did anyone here ever get a speeding ticket?
Put your gun down or your daughter gets it

- David Dobrik 2020

https://cureouscat.me/Paschdav

You have the questions. I have the answers

Pplareinsaneeeee
Talker
Talker

Post by Pplareinsaneeeee »

Paschdav wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 4:50 pm
Just curious? Did anyone here ever get a speeding ticket?
No? I also don’t gun it down residential streets or highways with 8 ppl not wearing seatbelts packed into my car

Return to “David Dobrik”