Swolenormous/Papa Swolio

Sheare
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0

Re: Swolenormous/Papa Swolio

Post by Sheare »

I don't know where his "good points" are at. I never really saw it. When I first saw his videos, I just saw a bunch of strawmanning, unhealthy skepticism regarding medical professionals with more education than him, and overtly sexual comments made towards women.

In his latest video knocking an eating disorder support post regarding quarantine, yikes man. People in the comments are like "this pandemic isn't an excuse to just let yourself gain weight." Man, it's super toxic. There's a complete disregard that people are grieving for a variety of reasons right now--not just the loss of family. People are grieving for job loss, pay cuts, and the thought of being one or two months away from not affording rent. Weight loss is not the people's priority right now.

He makes me really angry lol

dovahqueen
Learner
Learner

Post by dovahqueen »

He seems like the type of guy who grew up short asf with a micropenis and a Napoleon complex so now he devotes all his time and energy into being “edgy” and “brutally honest” in the most obnoxious way possible.

Get ready for my NUTS!!!!!!! On your CHIN!!!!!!! XD XD

18conhea
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by 18conhea »

Sheare wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:15 am
I don't know where his "good points" are at. I never really saw it. When I first saw his videos, I just saw a bunch of strawmanning, unhealthy skepticism regarding medical professionals with more education than him, and overtly sexual comments made towards women.

In his latest video knocking an eating disorder support post regarding quarantine, yikes man. People in the comments are like "this pandemic isn't an excuse to just let yourself gain weight." Man, it's super toxic. There's a complete disregard that people are grieving for a variety of reasons right now--not just the loss of family. People are grieving for job loss, pay cuts, and the thought of being one or two months away from not affording rent. Weight loss is not the people's priority right now.

He makes me really angry lol
OMG YES. Before he just rubbed me the wrong way (I don't really watch his videos so I wasn't aware of the massive amounts of sexism) but him going on and on about not gaining weight in quarantine hit me way wrong. I am recovering an eating disorder and being home 24/7 has brought up ALL of my disordered thoughts. Additionally, I am gaining weight even though I am working out at home because I can't get to the level of physical activity that I had pre quarantine (gym + physical job + 1 hr biking commute... not gonna hit that working out 1x/day, walking and working from a computer 8 hrs/day). People are going through such uncertain times right now and food is often a coping mechanism. So many people don't have the option to just focus on their fitness and forget about the rest of the stuff... so many people are now limited budget wise... i could go on and on. that video made me hate him.

dietgossip
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by dietgossip »

Rehashing the point, but dude's a massive misogynist.

emilyree
Lurker
Lurker

Post by emilyree »

Haven't actually watched any of his videos, isolation has gotten me so bored I almost clicked on his video earlier when it came up recommended. Glad I didn't give him a view and chose to study 😂 sounds like the typical tea channels that gets on my nerve. Anything for views to shit on others

Vei333
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Vei333 »

First 3 minutes of every video: shit about my nuts and ballsack, buy my shit. ....More things about Ballsack/nuts/ballsack. I'm so whitty ha ha. Middle parts ... fat people rant.... more idiotic things about ballsacks. The end. All the videos summed up for ya 👌

slamdunk89
Debater
Debater

Post by slamdunk89 »

Wow, never watched him before....he's terrible. Has a video about Jameela Jamil entiltled get fat and be completely worthless? And that video about how leggings are weakening the species? Man he sucks

aigcim
Learner
Learner

Post by aigcim »

at first i liked his no BS approach, then i realised he was a sexist piece of shit.

likestolurk
Talker
Talker

Post by likestolurk »

Really glad he did a video on eriks sugar cube challenge!

mommafett
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by mommafett »

I'm just glad to see that I'm not the only one who finds him sexist af. I'm not even all that big..but if he saw me out I'm sure he'd find me disgusting and call me overweight and fat and lazy.

being human
Learner
Learner

Post by being human »

Glad to see there's a thread on this guy. I actually paid for his program when I first found him. I really respected the whole yoga/meditation take care of your WHOLE body, including your mind, approach. Also, the guy is jacked, so he must have good workouts.

People, find any hour-long yoga on youtube -- yoga with adrienne will do. Do that 3x a week.

Find any full body dumbbell exercise routine. Do that 3x a week.

Spend your 7th day doing some kind of active recovery... go for a walk.

There. You have papa swolio's program now. What a waste.

PandaEyeLook
Learner
Learner

Post by PandaEyeLook »

I just can't with this guy. The NOC is annoying, the program/community pitch gets thrown into too much and I hate his preachiness: elimination diet, whole way of life you should do HIS way, like sorry bro, I will have an occasional glass of wine and nothing's bad about that.As someone else says, he looks like an incel that got jacked but kept the mentality. Also, bro, we know you're swole, but can you for the love of God put some shirt on for your videos? I find it quite disrespectful to me as a viewer.

Vei333
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Vei333 »

PandaEyeLook wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 2:21 am
I just can't with this guy. The NOC is annoying, the program/community pitch gets thrown into too much and I hate his preachiness: elimination diet, whole way of life you should do HIS way, like sorry bro, I will have an occasional glass of wine and nothing's bad about that.As someone else says, he looks like an incel that got jacked but kept the mentality. Also, bro, we know you're swole, but can you for the love of God put some shirt on for your videos? I find it quite disrespectful to me as a viewer.
But it's perfectly fine for him to rag on women in his leggings video (the most ridiculous video he's ever put out)

PandaEyeLook
Learner
Learner

Post by PandaEyeLook »

Vei333 wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 11:41 am
PandaEyeLook wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 2:21 am
But it's perfectly fine for him to rag on women in his leggings video (the most ridiculous video he's ever put out)
This! It's generally a pet peeve of mine for fitness youtubers who film all of their video either half-naked like this guy or wearing fitness apparel all the time. I get it, dude, but can you put some normal clothes on so I can see you put some effort? That's why I like Michelle McDaniel who either does cosplay or dresses like she would for going outside, not in leggings and tank top all the time. Also, Papa Swolio is just masking a baby face underneath those sweaty hair and a beard. But I would not mind if he weren't so annoying all the time. Also, I checked his yoga workouts on Instagram and he's super meh. Okay flexibility for a guy but nothing to write home about, technique good but not teacher-level.

Puzzles4Wuzzles
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Puzzles4Wuzzles »

I get showing off muscles. But at a certain point, you just look like you don't own any clothes.

JMizzle33
Informer
Informer

Post by JMizzle33 »

He's disgusting

justausername
Informer
Informer

Post by justausername »

I liked his videos until every video he has to mention the disgusting "nuts on your chin" thing that he loves to say. Its just vile and disgusting. Every video you have to skip past him advertising his annoying website.

I really lost respect for him when he started giving advice on medications. He is not a psychologist, and to be saying people can get off their pills with diet and exercise, is just irresponsible and ignorant. I dont understand how someone can be allowed on youtube making comments like that. Then he backtracks in the comments saying pills should be a last resort. Still acting like he has some kind of medical or psychology license.

wilmadawn
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wilmadawn »

justausername wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:18 pm
I liked his videos until every video he has to mention the disgusting "nuts on your chin" thing that he loves to say. Its just vile and disgusting. Every video you have to skip past him advertising his annoying website.

I really lost respect for him when he started giving advice on medications. He is not a psychologist, and to be saying people can get off their pills with diet and exercise, is just irresponsible and ignorant. I dont understand how someone can be allowed on youtube making comments like that. Then he backtracks in the comments saying pills should be a last resort. Still acting like he has some kind of medical or psychology license.
yeah, no qualifications to be saying such things yet he rags on people that do the same shit.

peachesandcream
Talker
Talker

Post by peachesandcream »

Does anyone know if this guy has any credentials or education? I discovered him this past month and after a while I realized that he says the SAME SHIT in every video. It's the same script every time: he advertises for his website/services for the first half of the video, and then actually gets into the topic. The topic is always about HAES, mukbangers and the fat acceptance community. He always goes on about how if you're eating anything but non-starchy vegetables and grass-fed beef and sweet potatoes, you're addicted to processed food and you're fat. And then he tells whatever youtuber/influencer he's talking about that they need to try his plan and the habits he recommends and that nothing else will work. A good example was Foodie Beauty; she is not the most likeable person and definitely needs professional help but he just came off as such a savior and holier than thou during that entire saga.

I'm also not sure if his uploading schedule has always been like this, but he's uploaded around five videos the past 2 days. FIVE! AND IT'S THE SAME RECYCLED SCRIPT IN EVERY VIDEO! I guess he must be making easy money?

sheslostcontrol
Informer
Informer

Post by sheslostcontrol »

peachesandcream wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:02 am
Does anyone know if this guy has any credentials or education? I discovered him this past month and after a while I realized that he says the SAME SHIT in every video. It's the same script every time: he advertises for his website/services for the first half of the video, and then actually gets into the topic. The topic is always about HAES, mukbangers and the fat acceptance community. He always goes on about how if you're eating anything but non-starchy vegetables and grass-fed beef and sweet potatoes, you're addicted to processed food and you're fat. And then he tells whatever youtuber/influencer he's talking about that they need to try his plan and the habits he recommends and that nothing else will work. A good example was Foodie Beauty; she is not the most likeable person and definitely needs professional help but he just came off as such a savior and holier than thou during that entire saga.

I'm also not sure if his uploading schedule has always been like this, but he's uploaded around five videos the past 2 days. FIVE! AND IT'S THE SAME RECYCLED SCRIPT IN EVERY VIDEO! I guess he must be making easy money?
I think he just has an exercise science degree and he used to he a licensed/certified personal trainer. So, qualified to give info about workouts but NOT about nutrition. I watched his stuff for a while, but got so frustrated because he will claim that eating pounds of bacon regularly is healthy, but treat people on his livestreams like they're idiots if they eat bread, legumes, dairy, or god forbid they have a cookie.

He doesn't say anything of substance in his videos, just hates on fat people, makes disgusting comments about women, and tells everyone to go on his elimination diet.

I don't think he's making much money though, his views are low and he doesn't get ads a lot. IDK how much he makes with his programs though.

Return to “Health & Fitness Influencers”