Chandler Ainsley

potatopeeler92
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Chandler Ainsley

Post by potatopeeler92 »

Alright, I had to make a thread for her because of what's been going on and I can't resist an expose haha. Frankly I'm surprised that for a group of readers, no one from booktube has connected the dots when it's so obvious.

So chandler ainsley tweeted recently that she was looking for co-hosts for a chatty livestream and that anyone could apply for it. It looks like she picked a bunch of booktubers that would either give her clout or that she is already chummy with. Later on a small booktuber tweeted that she was interested and chandler rejected her because she was too small

at first I was like ok, whatever, it's pretty obvious that chandler is primarily interested in gaining subscribers and is a catty person overall. a lot of these booktubers just care about views and numbers so i'm not really surprised. but then chandler replied directly to sasha and played dumb:

I'm like wtf?! she really just lied in front of everyone with her full chest?! :? i have an extension that shows me who follows each other on twitter and I noticed sasha unfollowed chandler AFTER this happened... also she has replied to EVERYONE who responded to her tweet except for chandler.

I just don't get why someone would so blatantly lie like this. or maybe she knew sasha wouldn't call her out because she's "bigger". it's always been obvious that she's a mean person and only selectively nice to others who will benefit her or will tweet whatever will make her look good/innocent. but this really takes the cake. I'm like how are people not noticing this??

ozy
Wallflower
Wallflower
Been thanked: 0

Re: Chandler Ainsley

Post by ozy »

again, i don't think sasha's tweet has anything to do with chandler. chandler had creators on that stream with fewer subscribers not only than herself, but less subs than sasha has. if you don't like chandler that's fine, but she's not out here telling smaller creators that they are too small for her to collaborate with ever.

xxloloxx
Learner
Learner

Post by xxloloxx »

I've only ever watched one video by her and I didn't even watch the full thing she gave off strong bitchy mean girl vibes and I'm just not into that. Clearly I was not wrong considering the above

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

potatopeeler92
Learner
Learner

Post by potatopeeler92 »

ozy wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:32 pm
again, i don't think sasha's tweet has anything to do with chandler. chandler had creators on that stream with fewer subscribers not only than herself, but less subs than sasha has. if you don't like chandler that's fine, but she's not out here telling smaller creators that they are too small for her to collaborate with ever.
Like another user said, it could have been a cherry picking thing where only X amount of booktubers under X amount of subscribers would be invited. It falls in line with her way of thinking since she has a video where she listed all the ways she grew her channel and broke down all the analytics and how often she posted etc. A lot of what she says and does is based on whether she thinks it will make her look good.

If you want to give her the benefit of the doubt that's fine, but it's so clearly her because 1) she had a tweet that was the same wording as what Sasha said (chatty livestream, anyone can apply), 2) she had a livestream with a bunch of other booktubers the day before Sasha tweeted this, 3) Sasha literally unfollowed her after this happened and has replied to everyone in her tweet thread EXCEPT for Chandler.

Plus another user on here said they saw her reply to Chandler something about being two-faced, but then deleted it. So again, she has replied to everyone below her tweet except for Chandler.

She lied, she knows it, and she knows people will give her the benefit of the doubt as long as she plays nice.

Pegahate
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Pegahate »

The evidence adds up and I also think it could be Chandler but if so, tweeting that reply would be insane lmao. Like, she'd know the original tweet was about her, why would she reply that?

Post by Guest »

Pegahate wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:12 pm
The evidence adds up and I also think it could be Chandler but if so, tweeting that reply would be insane lmao. Like, she'd know the original tweet was about her, why would she reply that?
Agreed. If it is her that is ridiculous that she tweeted that.

Since she now has her own topic, I might as well share that she has rubbed me the wrong way for a long time. Mainly I think with what's been described above and her interactions with others. And that stuff from a few months ago with her drama with cindy (big yikes on her part in my opinion)

A whiiiile back (months ago??) she did a 'get to know the romance reader' thing in one of her bookbangs, and I was so irritated that she did not credit the creator of those questions. She took that from a black book blogger/booktuber (Bree Hill- who mind you, has been doing romance and been on youtube for far longer and has a much smaller following than Chandler) and not once mentioned it was even inspired from her- yet she interacts with Bree. It is things like this that have always led me to believe she does this stuff/interacts with people for show, like interacting with smaller booktubers or minority creators to show that she is inclusive and what not, but that is just surface level. I know this may seem so minor and random but let me know what ya'll think- Wouldn't you credit the creator, especially an underrepresented creator that you interact with frequently?

I am usually happy for people's success on the platform, but when I see that they have a certain kind of persona/better than everyone else attitude, it really makes it hard to root for them. I am also waiting to see like a black creator (and not just 'one' where you can only name one person like nayareadsandsmiles, but MANY) get a lot of attention like she does or people like paperback dreams. I see their thumbnails and it is just so clear to me that pretty/appealing/attractive white girls are still what people love to watch- and what youtube's algorithm also favors (for example, I am not subscribed to nor do I watch paperback dreams but get her videos in my youtube recommendations on the daily when I am mainly subscribed to a lot of smaller people). They are always the ones that have random viral videos/gain subscribers fast/ are always somehow immediately included in the 'big/popular groups/ (you know- the big booktubers). And what do you know, what group was she hanging around last year at bookcon :roll: Obviously this doesn't mean they don't have talent/creativity/etc.- I just don't think we can ignore this other piece because believe me, there are other people that put out just as great content

Feel free to tell me I'm being dramatic/disagree- Just felt like venting. And trust me, I realize how bitter and resentful I come off

gossipbook
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by gossipbook »

It was definitely her and someone needs to call her out for it. Like sure whatever you didn't want her on the stream. But don't comment on her freaking post. God this is why I hate most big booktubers.

potatopeeler92
Learner
Learner

Post by potatopeeler92 »

janedoedelete09876554 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:04 pm
Pegahate wrote: The evidence adds up and I also think it could be Chandler but if so, tweeting that reply would be insane lmao. Like, she'd know the original tweet was about her, why would she reply that?
Agreed. If it is her that is ridiculous that she tweeted that.

Since she now has her own topic, I might as well share that she has rubbed me the wrong way for a long time. Mainly I think with what's been described above and her interactions with others. And that stuff from a few months ago with her drama with cindy (big yikes on her part in my opinion)

A whiiiile back (months ago??) she did a 'get to know the romance reader' thing in one of her bookbangs, and I was so irritated that she did not credit the creator of those questions. She took that from a black book blogger/booktuber (Bree Hill- who mind you, has been doing romance and been on youtube for far longer and has a much smaller following than Chandler) and not once mentioned it was even inspired from her- yet she interacts with Bree. It is things like this that have always led me to believe she does this stuff/interacts with people for show, like interacting with smaller booktubers or minority creators to show that she is inclusive and what not, but that is just surface level. I know this may seem so minor and random but let me know what ya'll think- Wouldn't you credit the creator, especially an underrepresented creator that you interact with frequently?

I am usually happy for people's success on the platform, but when I see that they have a certain kind of persona/better than everyone else attitude, it really makes it hard to root for them. I am also waiting to see like a black creator (and not just 'one' where you can only name one person like nayareadsandsmiles, but MANY) get a lot of attention like she does or people like paperback dreams. I see their thumbnails and it is just so clear to me that pretty/appealing/attractive white girls are still what people love to watch- and what youtube's algorithm also favors (for example, I am not subscribed to nor do I watch paperback dreams but get her videos in my youtube recommendations on the daily when I am mainly subscribed to a lot of smaller people). They are always the ones that have random viral videos/gain subscribers fast/ are always somehow immediately included in the 'big/popular groups/ (you know- the big booktubers). And what do you know, what group was she hanging around last year at bookcon :roll: Obviously this doesn't mean they don't have talent/creativity/etc.- I just don't think we can ignore this other piece because believe me, there are other people that put out just as great content

Feel free to tell me I'm being dramatic/disagree- Just felt like venting. And trust me, I realize how bitter and resentful I come off
I don't think you're being dramatic at all, that's a really good point and I have felt that way about her too where she tweets things and interacts with other people to appear inclusive. It doesn't ring authentic to me at all. How she interacted with Cindy was a big turnoff to me too. Isn't Cindy part of some book club with paperback dreams and Jordan? The fact that Chandler is friends with those 2 but acted shady towards Cindy is very telling, IMO. The three of them have similar "snarky" personas and all made rant reviews about romance books, how odd that it's just Cindy that she has a problem with and has never tried to interact with her besides subtweets. She tried to act like a victim after all that happened by acting like she was "intimidated" to talk to a "big booktuber". Very ironic coming from her as a big booktuber herself and blatantly pushing out those who are smaller than her. Plus with everything you shared in this thread, there's a lot of things that really... don't add up.

I think Chandler uses "social justice" and inclusivity to make herself look good. Her tweets are very performative. I remember when JK Rowling was in heat for posting something transphobic, and she tweeted a pic bragging about how her straight boyfriend has a pro-trans rights sticker... like ok, do you want a cookie for that? :?

Nefret
Informer
Informer

Post by Nefret »

Can someone remind me about the Chandler/Cindy thing? I know it was there and I know unfollowing was involved, but I honestly can't remember the specifics.

The thing that rubbed me the wrong way with Chandler was her "here's how to get more subscribers" video (did it become a series? I checked out after the first one). The biggest reason her channel took off is that she got a shout out from an already big name in the community. It's impossible to replicate her process because the process was sped up by someone else.

I will say I like that she reads a lot of indie books. Most booktubers don't even think about them.

fennecreads
Talker
Talker

Post by fennecreads »

Nefret wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:49 pm
Can someone remind me about the Chandler/Cindy thing? I know it was there and I know unfollowing was involved, but I honestly can't remember the specifics.

The thing that rubbed me the wrong way with Chandler was her "here's how to get more subscribers" video (did it become a series? I checked out after the first one). The biggest reason her channel took off is that she got a shout out from an already big name in the community. It's impossible to replicate her process because the process was sped up by someone else.

I will say I like that she reads a lot of indie books. Most booktubers don't even think about them.
At the same time as Booknet fest (because I remember posts about that too) Cindy posted a video about reading her seatmates romance book. Chandler got defensive of romance as a whole as Cindy kinda bashed the book (which coulda sucked but who knows!).
I feel like her taste in books is one of the most genuine progressions I've seen as it's mostly stayed the same especially since she's staying true to her indie romance roots.

potatopeeler92
Learner
Learner

Post by potatopeeler92 »

fennecreads wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:35 pm
Nefret wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:49 pm

At the same time as Booknet fest (because I remember posts about that too) Cindy posted a video about reading her seatmates romance book. Chandler got defensive of romance as a whole as Cindy kinda bashed the book (which coulda sucked but who knows!).
I feel like her taste in books is one of the most genuine progressions I've seen as it's mostly stayed the same especially since she's staying true to her indie romance roots.
I find it suspect how she took it as an opportunity to subtweet Cindy when she herself has made fun of other romance books and called them trash. plus, paperback dreams and the other girl jordan have made way more videos bashing romance stories. i haven't seen all of Cindys videos but I do recall one where she gushed about her favorite romance manga with her friend, and another one where she talked about her favorite book couple and how the romance was written, so it doesn't seem like she is some evil romance-genre-hater like she was made out to be.

it just feels very selective on chandler's part. I don't remember the exact numbers but I recall the both of them being under 50k subscribers at the time. like other users have pointed out about how she has boasted videos on how to gain subscribers, I think that whole thing that happened was more about her already feeling resentful towards Cindy because she was growing faster. the romance argument was a way to be justified in feeling resentful, and even then that was a reach.

candycide
Learner
Learner

Post by candycide »

damn, she fooled me by replying to sasha's tweet. but yeah the wording and circumstances surrounding this make it seem very obvious that sasha was talking about her.

chandler just got a shoutout in regan's newest vlog, so now she's probably going to grow even more lol. funny how that's the one thing she didn't mention in her "how to grow your booktube channel" considering how it's getting shoutouts from booksandlala that got her channel to blow up.

fennecreads
Talker
Talker

Post by fennecreads »

candycide wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:21 pm
damn, she fooled me by replying to sasha's tweet. but yeah the wording and circumstances surrounding this make it seem very obvious that sasha was talking about her.

chandler just got a shoutout in regan's newest vlog, so now she's probably going to grow even more lol. funny how that's the one thing she didn't mention in her "how to grow your booktube channel" considering how it's getting shoutouts from booksandlala that got her channel to blow up.
honestly, her getting out by regan isnt surprising since they went to college together which was confirmed. (i think same marketing program since that's what they both do but that's speculation). I'm glad the "how to grow your channel" series has died off (for her and everyone else) because youtube isn't predictable. there are people that have been on for two years that have 300 subs and some gain that in two months.

laurasommeils
Informer
Informer

Post by laurasommeils »

fennecreads wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:04 pm
candycide wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:21 pm

honestly, her getting out by regan isnt surprising since they went to college together which was confirmed. (i think same marketing program since that's what they both do but that's speculation). I'm glad the "how to grow your channel" series has died off (for her and everyone else) because youtube isn't predictable. there are people that have been on for two years that have 300 subs and some gain that in two months.
I think she uses the taste videos to get on with popular booktubers. As you've said, she already got big because of Lala, and then she did the book taste video with Reagan's recs (and said they have a friend in common) and also Jess from Peacelovesbooks, who is one of the biggest romance booktubers.

potatopeeler92
Learner
Learner

Post by potatopeeler92 »

Looks like she did another one of those "taste test" videos again with a popular booktuber. It's so obvious she does this to get attention from bigger creators who will boost her sub count. Disappointing to see them all falling for it and not knowing her nasty behavior towards smaller creators.

BossOfARealEstate
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BossOfARealEstate »

So I've recently gotten into Booktube and I really do not like her. All of her videos just feel so negative. Maybe I've just been watching weird ones, but every video I've watched, she seems to dislike most of the books she's read. What's even the point of being a Booktuber if you are so annoyed by so many books?

auroraliqhts
Lurker
Lurker

Post by auroraliqhts »

I can't believe so many of y'all still believe sasha's tweet was about chandler. did y'all watch the live stream??? she had MULTIPLE people with lower subscriber count than sasha (itsmonteprice, hawkeisreading, karlisbooks, lyndsayreads, etc) that literally disproves the fact that her tweet was about chandler? I personally want to know where sasha's receipts are because when this all happened (which by now it's old news) I tried to find a single tweet she replied to to show she was interested in doing a liveshow and saw nothing. sounds to me like sasha is the one trying to get clout here.

also y'all are always preaching about wanting innovative content on booktube on chandler is delivering that on a silver platter so sounds to me like you just can't win with people.

maybe i'm bias because i'm a fan of her but let's all use some critical analysis and look at the full picture first

bcj13
Debater
Debater

Post by bcj13 »

auroraliqhts wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:53 pm
I can't believe so many of y'all still believe sasha's tweet was about chandler. did y'all watch the live stream??? she had MULTIPLE people with lower subscriber count than sasha (itsmonteprice, hawkeisreading, karlisbooks, lyndsayreads, etc) that literally disproves the fact that her tweet was about chandler? I personally want to know where sasha's receipts are because when this all happened (which by now it's old news) I tried to find a single tweet she replied to to show she was interested in doing a liveshow and saw nothing. sounds to me like sasha is the one trying to get clout here.

also y'all are always preaching about wanting innovative content on booktube on chandler is delivering that on a silver platter so sounds to me like you just can't win with people.

maybe i'm bias because i'm a fan of her but let's all use some critical analysis and look at the full picture first
1. I wouldn’t call Chandler’s videos “innovative”, she just likes to trash books and use big names to get subscribers and shoutouts. Everyone is entitled to like whatever videos they want, but I think saying her videos are innovative is a bit overdramatic for what she does.
2. If it was Chandler (always the possibility it wasn’t), the reason there wasn’t a reply from her could be that she privately messaged Chandler instead of replying to the tweet.
3. Even if it wasn’t Chandler, my philosophy is that if people say they wouldn’t be surprised if you did something bad - you might need to take a look at yourself. Because even if Chandler wasn’t the culprit in this situation, it says something about her and her attitude that people say “it seems like something she’d do.” Obviously it’s easier to just go “these people don’t know what they’re talking about I would never do that!!!!” ... But clearly you give off the image of someone who would, which isn’t really something you should want in life.

auroraliqhts
Lurker
Lurker

Post by auroraliqhts »

bcj13 wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:46 pm
auroraliqhts wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:53 pm

1. I wouldn’t call Chandler’s videos “innovative”, she just likes to trash books and use big names to get subscribers and shoutouts. Everyone is entitled to like whatever videos they want, but I think saying her videos are innovative is a bit overdramatic for what she does.
2. If it was Chandler (always the possibility it wasn’t), the reason there wasn’t a reply from her could be that she privately messaged Chandler instead of replying to the tweet.
3. Even if it wasn’t Chandler, my philosophy is that if people say they wouldn’t be surprised if you did something bad - you might need to take a look at yourself. Because even if Chandler wasn’t the culprit in this situation, it says something about her and her attitude that people say “it seems like something she’d do.” Obviously it’s easier to just go “these people don’t know what they’re talking about I would never do that!!!!” ... But clearly you give off the image of someone who would, which isn’t really something you should want in life.
her choose your own adventure vlog wasn't innovative? the way her taste test videos are organized isn't innovative? her similar books/similar names video isn't innovative? reading 27 books for one video isn't innovative?? damn if her content isn't innovative I would love to get some booktuber recs from you so I know what I'm missing because even if you don't like her personality, to say she isn't putting out unique and creative content is a bit of a stretch.

also if she private messaged her then she likely didn't even take her into account because chandler's original tweet said to reply to it, not dm her. which may seem like a small thing but for organization purposes it makes it easier to plan when everyone shares interest in the same place.

finally, I just don't accept your last point because, like I said, she proved she ISN'T that type of person by showing how inclusive she was with that live show. so I don't really see how it's "something she would do" when she...... didn't.... do that and in fact did the opposite

I don't mean to argue with you I just feel these dedicated threads are very one sided at times and I don't really see the reason for the hate against her now that she has grown as a creator in this community

all in all, when it comes to the sasha drama, again, it doesn't add up to me. there isn't a single person in this community who would put up with that treatment of someone so if it really did happen I would expect she would come forward with the names. I get not wanting to add fuel to the fire but, again, sasha would have had all the support no matter who it was. the fact that she started all of this and then decided not to follow through is very suspicious to me.

Wizardy
Learner
Learner

Post by Wizardy »

I see the Channie Clan is out in full force today

Return to “BookTube”