Bridal makeup suggestions

dexory
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Bridal makeup suggestions

Post by dexory »

I've just got engaged and started planning my wedding and I've been looking into the makeup side of things and it's looking likely that I'll be doing my own makeup and so will my bridesmaids. I think I'm mostly decided when it comes to the blush, eyeshadow, mascara etc but I was hoping that some of you ladies would be able to help me out with foundation suggestions, especially if you've worn it to your own wedding or do any MUA work.

I've got quite oily skin and I do get breakouts every so often so it would probably need to be medium coverage to deal with that, I'm also quite fair skinned so it would need to come in quite a pale shade too, and obviously would need to photograph well and last a long time but my biggest concern is that it's easy to apply and looks quite natural, budget isn't a huge issue, although any affordable suggestions would be more than welcome!

Thanks guys!

artlovemoney
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Bridal makeup suggestions

Post by artlovemoney »

I'm not trying to come off as a smart ass, but if budget isn't a huge issue, why not hire a makeup artist?

You won't have to worry about any of the above, and these are things you should not have to deal with on your wedding day.

dexory
Lurker
Lurker

Post by dexory »

I know it's probably weird, but I really hate other people going near/touching my face, even things like opticians, dentist etc I really hate. I even freak out if my fiancé tries to get an eyelash off my face so the thought of a stranger doing it really is just horrid, so I'd rather sort my own make-up out, than deal with the thought of having someone who I might only have met once or twice touching my face.

artlovemoney
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by artlovemoney »

Oooooh, gotcha. I understand that completely.

In that case... *cracks knuckles*

You'll want to get some pro-quality makeup. Its your wedding day- so bite the bullet and treat yourself. I'm only going to recommend thing I use myself for weddings.

I would say that you'll want to start now in regards to getting your breakouts (even if they are just here and there) under control. The universe it particularly unkind when it comes to that.

Foundation wise, cream foundation will be your best friend. It can range from sheer to full coverage, and often will double as your concealer. I personally use Cinema Secrets in my kit. However, the color system is anything but simple to understand, and it takes a bit of know-how to work with. So for ease of use, Graftobian is your best bet. The shades are actual names, go all the way up to alabastar white(I carry their Ultra Lites palette since I have tons of pale brides, and you can figure out what shade you need http://camerareadycosmetics.com/product ... lette.html).

Oil control wise, you may want to start with an oil control lotion and primer. Lotion, I use is Embryolisse 225000 Emulsion Hydra-Mat, but you can get a few packets of it so you don't have to shell out for an entire tube http://camerareadycosmetics.com/product ... ducts.html
Primer for oily skin, i use Peter Thomas Roth Max Anti-Shine Mattifying Gel http://www.peterthomasroth.com/p-80-max ... g-gel.aspx or Uber-Dry if sunscreen is needed http://peterthomasroth.com/p-96-uber-dr ... pf-30.aspx (doesn't show up on camera).

dexory
Lurker
Lurker

Post by dexory »

You're a star thank you so much! It's so nice to get advice from someone who actually deals with these things on a daily basis I'm going to look into all of those. Thanks again :)

artlovemoney
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by artlovemoney »

No problem! If you need any more advice, just let me know!

Return to “Wedding”