GoingDownWinkyFace
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: David Dobrik/Vlog Squad (Part 50)

Post by GoingDownWinkyFace »

SalsaTango wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:05 pm
I can see him ending up like Liza in less than 2 years... Slowly stops uploading, then we hear that Youtube/Netflix/Hulu bought his show, and it's some dumb shit show with pranks and boring guests that doesnt work at all, but for someone reason, it's gonna run for 5 seasons.
5 seasons? Then I’m sure Netflix won’t be buying it.

I’m not sure he’ll ever have his own show or if he’ll fade away and just end up randomly popping up on things.

Pplareinsaneeeee
Talker
Talker

Post by Pplareinsaneeeee »

GoingDownWinkyFace wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:26 pm
SalsaTango wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:05 pm
I can see him ending up like Liza in less than 2 years... Slowly stops uploading, then we hear that Youtube/Netflix/Hulu bought his show, and it's some dumb shit show with pranks and boring guests that doesnt work at all, but for someone reason, it's gonna run for 5 seasons.
5 seasons? Then I’m sure Netflix won’t be buying it.

I’m not sure he’ll ever have his own show or if he’ll fade away and just end up randomly popping up on things.
😆
I actually can see the Liza thing happening. It’s near impossible to bring his huge audience to a mainstream show and people would just lose interest or forget about him.

Also, he seems to really be focusing on tik tok but I am not a fan of his tik tok teen manchild persona thing he has going on right now. It makes my skin crawl. He has “sanitized”’for a lack of better words his content for sure.. and with additions like Addison and other hype house tik tokers it’s gonna be a cringe fest.. but he’s probably doing it bc these kids have so many followers and engagement..

DobriksIcepop
Debater
Debater
Been thanked: 0

Post by DobriksIcepop »

lilaclove19 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:36 am
Age differences are tricky because it really does depend on the situation and the people involved. Addison seems like she’s been sheltered for most of her life. If she were to date another famous guy around David’s age, let’s say - Post Malone, who is notorious for sleeping with groupies and abusing drugs, then I would definitely agree that there’s a terrible imbalance of experience there.

David on the other hand seems to have had a similar upbringing to Addison. He’s definitely more experienced than her when it comes to the industry but I don’t see him abusing that power. All of these girls like him for a reason: he’s not a fuckboy and he doesn’t seem to have any vices. Eccentricities aside, he’s a good kid and a mother’s dream come true. If anything, him being a teeny bit older is a good thing because if I were Addison’s mom I’d feel like my daughter is well protected with him. Most 19 year old boys are borderline savage lol

I’d also like to know what persona David used when dating that 28 year old when he was barely legal lmao
I couldn't agree more.

I'm honestly a little baffled that people are thinking David and Addison would be sus age wise. The comments about it being pedophilia are just beyond ridiculous. I might of understood the hostility if David was your typical L.A fuckboi who preys on younger insecure women but as you said hes literally the complete opposite. I also understand that the L.A scene is very toxic dating wise for a lot of the younger girls in the influencer scene and people are obviously wary but I just couldn't imagine David using her or messing her around or anything. This is all assuming there is any actual flirting going on between them which is a big leap in itself.

Also... Maybe its a regional thing but here in the U.K a 19 and 23 old year old dating wouldn't be a problem at all. Both could be working adults or studying at the same University with that age difference. No one would bat an eye at it.

Also agree with your earlier comment about Addison having the type of energy he goes in for. I get that people find her cringy and tbh I have felt that myself a few times, her twitter feed is a bit extra for me but I'd say David is definitely drawn in by that sort of goofy vibe on a girl if you get me lol. He always talks about how comfortable he was with Liza and I think that was it, that sort of goofiness that she had. This is why I just cant see him going in for a mature girl, hes too playful. I think he needs someone with a particular energy to bounce off or he will end up feeling isolated or uncomfortable in the relationship.

Again though, this is all assuming there is any flirting going on which is a reach at this point.

dragitonpls
Learner
Learner

Post by dragitonpls »

DobriksIcepop wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:55 pm

I couldn't agree more.

I'm honestly a little baffled that people are thinking David and Addison would be sus age wise. The comments about it being pedophilia are just beyond ridiculous. I might of understood the hostility if David was your typical L.A fuckboi who preys on younger insecure women but as you said hes literally the complete opposite. I also understand that the L.A scene is very toxic dating wise for a lot of the younger girls in the influencer scene and people are obviously wary but I just couldn't imagine David using her or messing her around or anything. This is all assuming there is any actual flirting going on between them which is a big leap in itself.

Also... Maybe its a regional thing but here in the U.K a 19 and 23 old year old dating wouldn't be a problem at all. Both could be working adults or studying at the same University with that age difference. No one would bat an eye at it.

Also agree with your earlier comment about Addison having the type of energy he goes in for. I get that people find her cringy and tbh I have felt that myself a few times, her twitter feed is a bit extra for me but I'd say David is definitely drawn in by that sort of goofy vibe on a girl if you get me lol. He always talks about how comfortable he was with Liza and I think that was it, that sort of goofiness that she had. This is why I just cant see him going in for a mature girl, hes too playful. I think he needs someone with a particular energy to bounce off or he will end up feeling isolated or uncomfortable in the relationship.

Again though, this is all assuming there is any flirting going on which is a reach at this point.
Age gap means nothing if everyone is over 18. I can’t get over how perfect of a match Addison is for David! It is so refreshing seeing a girl be goofy with him and be NICE to him!!!! shes always smiling and laughing. I love how they can be goofy together! She brings out the little boy in him that natalie always rolls her eyes at. I hate that she always squashes his childlike wonder... it’s what makes him so unique and interesting!!! Addison is already complimenting him, too which is something natalie.. his so-called best friend for 10 years.. can’t even do. :(

Addison and David ❤️

SalsaTango
Informer
Informer

Post by SalsaTango »

dragitonpls wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:15 pm
Age gap means nothing if everyone is over 18. I can’t get over how perfect of a match Addison is for David! It is so refreshing seeing a girl be goofy with him and be NICE to him!!!! shes always smiling and laughing. I love how they can be goofy together! She brings out the little boy in him that natalie always rolls her eyes at. I hate that she always squashes his childlike wonder... it’s what makes him so unique and interesting!!! Addison is already complimenting him, too which is something natalie.. his so-called best friend for 10 years.. can’t even do. :(

Addison and David ❤️
Ah, yes Natalie, that bitch, keeps trying to make a 23 year old guy act like a 23 year old guy... You know what, fuck her.
David, please keep acting like a teen/literal toddler, that is so sexy and unique...
Wait, that's not it.
I'm missing the word here...
Oh shit, I meant creepy.
Yes, it's creepy as fuck, all of it. The stupid tongue smile, the hunched back, like he's a fucking dweeb that never leaves his basement, the way he's always speaking like a baby.
When he's not filming other people, this guy is easily Top 10 cringe. That tiktok account of his has made my eyes roll over to the back of my head more times than i can count.

And the sad part is, when he's not in goofy mode, and he is trying to be serious, he still sounds like a teenager.
50% of his podcast is: "Jason you're old, ahaha, you suck" and the other 50% is "isn't it fucking crazy how there is a daytime and a night time and people know that during the day you go to work and at night everyone agrees to go to sleep????! iT blOWs mY fUckIng mInD"

Its incredible how resident douchebag Logan Paul that also has a podcast, and is about as stupid as David, can actually sound and carry a conversation for 2 hours like a proper 24 year old MAN, meanwhile David can't say 3 words without cursing like a child that is finally free from his parents so he can drop all the f bombs he wants, or can't go 5 minutes without saying something incredibly stupid.

Marie_10
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Marie_10 »

It's like the fourth time that he posts pictures about their highschool dance lol.

margiola
Learner
Learner

Post by margiola »

SalsaTango wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:44 pm
dragitonpls wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:15 pm

Addison and David ❤️
Ah, yes Natalie, that bitch, keeps trying to make a 23 year old guy act like a 23 year old guy... You know what, *** her.
David, please keep acting like a teen/literal toddler, that is so sexy and unique...
Wait, that's not it.
Oh ***, I meant creepy.
Yes, it's creepy as ***, all of it. The stupid tongue smile, the hunched back, like he's a ***ing dweeb that never leaves his basement, the way he's always speaking like a baby.
When he's not filming other people, this guy is easily Top 10 cringe. That tiktok account of his has made my eyes roll over to the back of my head more times than i can count.

And the sad part is, when he's not in goofy mode, and he is trying to be serious, he still sounds like a teenager.
50% of his podcast is: "Jason you're old, ahaha, you suck" and the other 50% is "isn't it ***ing crazy how there is a daytime and a night time and people know that during the day you go to work and at night everyone agrees to go to sleep????! iT blOWs mY ***Ing mInD"

Its incredible how resident douchebag Logan Paul that also has a podcast, and is about as stupid as David, can actually sound and carry a conversation for 2 hours like a proper 24 year old MAN, meanwhile David can't say 3 words without cursing like a child that is finally free from his parents so he can drop all the f bombs he wants, or can't go 5 minutes without saying something incredibly stupid.
I wish he learned more words to describe things instead of saying "IT'S CRAZZYYY" to everything it's really annoying. But david didn't used to be like this he used to be more charismatic and witty in the podcast and in general, idk what the hell he's been doing this past few months. He should read more or something, talk shit about todd all you want(and I might agree) but at least he's learning stuff, writing, playing piano, exercising, improving himself, david has all this money so he doesn't have to worry about bills so he can take all the time on the world to focus on himself.

the_tiktak_channel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by the_tiktak_channel »

SalsaTango wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:44 pm

Ah, yes Natalie, that bitch, keeps trying to make a 23 year old guy act like a 23 year old guy... You know what, fuck her.
Wait, that's not it.
Oh shit, I meant creepy.
Yes, it's creepy as fuck, all of it. The stupid tongue smile, the hunched back, like he's a fucking dweeb that never leaves his basement, the way he's always speaking like a baby.
He acts like a baby the most around Natalie, so it's having the opposite effect.

His TikTok page is cringe. It's tiktok. Not the place for world-class comedy. Just do the dumb trends and appease the children. It's just an act. He's a pretty regular person on people's vlogs.

dragitonpls
Learner
Learner

Post by dragitonpls »

Marie_10 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:11 pm
It's like the fourth time that he posts pictures about their highschool dance lol.
😆 exactly! We get it.. natalie asked you to a dance. Also David was definitely right.. natalie peaked in high school. Girl looks rough in that recreation photo yikes.

the_tiktak_channel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by the_tiktak_channel »

margiola wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:28 pm

I wish he learned more words to describe things instead of saying "IT'S CRAZZYYY" to everything it's really annoying. But david didn't used to be like this he used to be more charismatic and witty in the podcast and in general, idk what the hell he's been doing this past few months. He should read more or something, talk shit about todd all you want(and I might agree) but at least he's learning stuff, writing, playing piano, exercising, improving himself, david has all this money so he doesn't have to worry about bills so he can take all the time on the world to focus on himself.
It could be part of making himself a more clean-cut person post controversy. He used to be really funny in vlogs and have a sarcastic persona that I thought was very enjoyable but many people complained about him being too mean and not caring about anybody's feelings so now he's being more "nice". He used also have opinions on things on the podcast and twitter would have a mini-meltdown after every podcast so maybe now he might be taking the advice of his team and just refraining from having opinions on things unless there are no stakes.

lilaclove19
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lilaclove19 »

the_tiktak_channel wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:59 pm
His TikTok page is cringe. It's tiktok. Not the place for world-class comedy. Just do the dumb trends and appease the children. It's just an act. He's a pretty regular person on people's vlogs.
Yep. But I do have to say that I enjoy watching him so much more when he's relaxed in an interview; the ones he did with Sway and that Forbes guy come to mind. David's well spoken and composed, but still very charming. That's why I know he's smarter than what people think. I suspect he likes being underestimated in a way, like it's a built in excuse so when he fucks up we all say, "ah well David's a dumbass so it doesn't matter"

And I know y'all will jump on me for calling him smart so I'll say that he's cunning. A slytherin masquerading as a gryffindor lol

GoingDownWinkyFace
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Look at them milking the good ship Datalie one more time. :love2: :roll:

lilaclove19 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:31 pm
Yep. But I do have to say that I enjoy watching him so much more when he's relaxed in an interview; the ones he did with Sway and that Forbes guy come to mind. David's well spoken and composed, but still very charming. That's why I know he's smarter than what people think. I suspect he likes being underestimated in a way, like it's a built in excuse so when he fucks up we all say, "ah well David's a dumbass so it doesn't matter"

And I know y'all will jump on me for calling him smart so I'll say that he's cunning. A slytherin masquerading as a gryffindor lol
It’s arguable he’s ignorant but smart enough to learn rather than too stupid to learn, and it’s also arguable that makes the stupid shit he comes out with worse. I think he’s good with social media and people skills more than anything. It’s why he runs into trouble with “real world” things.

He plays so many variations of himself that I’m not sure he’s trying to make people underestimate him. I’d say it’s to get what he wants out of people. His cute little guy routine is going to get legitimately creepy if he never stops it, though.

margiola
Learner
Learner

Post by margiola »

the_tiktak_channel wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:10 pm
margiola wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:28 pm

I wish he learned more words to describe things instead of saying "IT'S CRAZZYYY" to everything it's really annoying. But david didn't used to be like this he used to be more charismatic and witty in the podcast and in general, idk what the hell he's been doing this past few months. He should read more or something, talk *** about todd all you want(and I might agree) but at least he's learning stuff, writing, playing piano, exercising, improving himself, david has all this money so he doesn't have to worry about bills so he can take all the time on the world to focus on himself.
It could be part of making himself a more clean-cut person post controversy. He used to be really funny in vlogs and have a sarcastic persona that I thought was very enjoyable but many people complained about him being too mean and not caring about anybody's feelings so now he's being more "nice". He used also have opinions on things on the podcast and twitter would have a mini-meltdown after every podcast so maybe now he might be taking the advice of his team and just refraining from having opinions on things unless there are no stakes.
*** david was best david because you knew that deep down he cared about his friends, he should stick to that because whatever he's trying to pull now it's not working, well who knows maybe i'm a minority on this

lilaclove19
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lilaclove19 »

Natalie looked beautiful back then and she looks just as beautiful now. People age and she's aging gracefully.
Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:40 pm
He plays so many variations of himself that I’m not sure he’s trying to make people underestimate him. I’d say it’s to get what he wants out of people. His cute little guy routine is going to get legitimately creepy if he never stops it, though.
Confirmed: David has DID like Tr*sha, maybe we'll get a Meet My Alters vid on his second channel lol

Yeah this cute little boy schtick only works in small doses but he's been running with it since last year. I'm telling you, it's the Nickelodeon influence. I just watched a 2018 vlog of him yelling at some drugged up guy that he was going to beat the shit out of him for throwing bottles at his tesla. I'd like more of that energy, please. I can't imagine him slipping up like that in his vlogs now...he'd probably just throw money at the guy and make a montage out of it.

miserlou
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by miserlou »

None of these people are mature. They are like the majority of influencers out there (Paul brothers, Tana, Ace family etc.)They are all self-centred and egotistical, and everything they do, both on and off the vlogs, is contrived and so far detached from reality. Hence why they think they’re fine to have friends over whilst the whole world is in lockdown and thousands of people are dying.

They don’t actually care about anyone but themselves, but they know it doesn’t matter because people will “call them out” and then go right back to stanning.

GoingDownWinkyFace
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

lilaclove19 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:59 pm
Natalie looked beautiful back then and she looks just as beautiful now. People age and she's aging gracefully.
Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:40 pm
Confirmed: David has DID like Tr*sha, maybe we'll get a Meet My Alters vid on his second channel lol

Yeah this cute little boy schtick only works in small doses but he's been running with it since last year. I'm telling you, it's the Nickelodeon influence. I just watched a 2018 vlog of him yelling at some drugged up guy that he was going to beat the shit out of him for throwing bottles at his tesla. I'd like more of that energy, please. I can't imagine him slipping up like that in his vlogs now...he'd probably just throw money at the guy and make a montage out of it.
Honestly, 23 isn’t even aging, it’s growing up compared to 14 or whatever she was. She’s beautiful, though. David is a good looking person magnet and has been since before LA.

Maybe it’s Nickelodeon’s influence or just trying to fit in with the mainstream more.

ysl4life
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by ysl4life »

SalsaTango wrote:
radishes wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:37 am
Gurugossiping wrote:I'm not going to say it again: STOP QUOTTING LONG QUOTES! You can address comments without making the whole feed a cluster of quotes. It seems to be the same few people so stop.
As for David's exist plan, he doesn't have one.
I dont think he wants to be a talkshow host... I think he likes the idea of it, but now that he's been around Hollywood people, he probably realizes how little control he would have over the whole thing and that turned him off.
Also, you would think that him being a fan of what Sean Evans did with Hot Wings, that he would stop with this stupid idea of trying to make it on TV, but no, David has no vision.

This. All of this.

I think he has massive potential, but I don’t feel like he has any additional “drive” left in him. How many times has this kid said that vlogging is literally all he has? I almost feel bad, but he should have known you can’t ride this wave forever. If he walked away today, entirely, the profits he’s made so far will probably only last him another 10-15 years if he’s smart with it. He’s gotta figure something out.

His talk show host dream sounds more of a like a last minute back up plan. Especially when he’s questioning if it’s still hip or not - translating into “can I make money from it?” Unfortunately, I just don’t see that happening for him. He’ll need a LOT more credentials and a more family friendly audience to be considered for late night. Even if he switched up his image, his entire YouTube page will still be accessible and we can guarantee a large corporation will want nothing to do with that image, even if it’s in his past.

Teacup30
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Teacup30 »

bantha wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:48 am
Teacup30 wrote:I just really struggle to respect tiktokers. They literally dance for 10 seconds and call it a career.

Whoop de do. What a contribution to society! Here's 5k and a brand deal.
not all entertainment has to contribute to society though. it's just entertainment. i'm not in the target demographic for the "dancing tiktoks" and i don't totally get it, but they found their niche, people love them, and while it might not last forever and maybe they got lucky, i respect the grind and find no reason to "not respect" them.
Get back to me when you are a nurse with a massive student loan to pay off and ooh look, your registration fees have just gone up! I wont see 10% of what she earns doing her little tiktok dances.

So no, I have no respect for her.
:love1: Strong women don't have attitudes. They have high standards and firm boundaries. :love1:

bantha
Learner
Learner

Post by bantha »

Teacup30 wrote:
bantha wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:48 am
Teacup30 wrote:I just really struggle to respect tiktokers. They literally dance for 10 seconds and call it a career.

Whoop de do. What a contribution to society! Here's 5k and a brand deal.
not all entertainment has to contribute to society though. it's just entertainment. i'm not in the target demographic for the "dancing tiktoks" and i don't totally get it, but they found their niche, people love them, and while it might not last forever and maybe they got lucky, i respect the grind and find no reason to "not respect" them.
Get back to me when you are a nurse with a massive student loan to pay off and ooh look, your registration fees have just gone up! I wont see 10% of what she earns doing her little tiktok dances.

So no, I have no respect for her.
i totally give you and your choice of profession all my respect, thank you for everything you do. i just don't think they are not worthy of respect, myself. like ... people make millions of dollars playing video games lol, what? i don't get it myself either, but that's the entertainment industry. they may not entertain you or me but millions of people (mostly kids and teens, their target demographic) love them. these young adults and kid tiktokers get so much hate already i don't feel like we need to bring people or their career path down because it's not something we understand. nurses (and teachers, etc.) deserve so much more money, but that's not something the sponsers paying for their brand deals have anything to do with.

that's all i really havs to say. i'm not trying to convince you either, we're going to disagree here and that's okay. also again, thank you for doing what you do.

Teacup30
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Teacup30 »

Thanks Bantha, I think its a case of I cannot respect those professions (gamers too, god that shit is boring!) but I can understand that other people do.
:love1: Strong women don't have attitudes. They have high standards and firm boundaries. :love1:

Return to “David Dobrik”