Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0

Re: Claudia Sulewski and the (plus one) Red Carpet Chronicles - Part 4

Post by Jecjec1 »

Alfaomega wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:57 pm
Capture d’écran, le 2022-06-23 à 00.55.32.png

She actually photoshopped the thumbnail in an attempt to make their kitchen look "bigger"....but in a suuuuper half assed way! :rofl:
I can’t believe Finneas bought the property next door. They sold the Malibu house too. I wonder if it wasn’t secluded enough

kindregards
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by kindregards »

Jecjec1 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:16 pm
Alfaomega wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:57 pm
Capture d’écran, le 2022-06-23 à 00.55.32.png

She actually photoshopped the thumbnail in an attempt to make their kitchen look "bigger"....but in a suuuuper half assed way! :rofl:
I can’t believe Finneas bought the property next door. They sold the Malibu house too. I wonder if it wasn’t secluded enough
I think he saw it as a better property investment. When you look at it from above, the one he bought next door is situated in such a convenient way for the two houses to be combined into one big property if possible. Because they keep saying "we wanna stay here, we love this house" but the only bedrooms are the primary bedroom, guest room, and Claudia's office -- there's no room for the kids they speak of having one day. On the other hand, they seem to want to preserve the architectural style of their current home so I also wonder what he plans to do with the new house.

Also, on the Malibu house, I feel like it was a frivolous "investment" purchase. If I had his kind of money, knew I'd be settling down in Los Angeles, and sincerely wanted a beach vacation home in Malibu to visit with family and friends, I would wait until I found a place that I really liked and was worth buying and keeping. It came furnished in what is very much not their style and they didn't decorate it differently. Based on the effort they put into their main home, it's clear now that he wasn't planning on keeping the Malibu house for long.

Zelda
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Zelda »

kindregards wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:15 pm
Jecjec1 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:16 pm

I think he saw it as a better property investment. When you look at it from above, the one he bought next door is situated in such a convenient way for the two houses to be combined into one big property if possible. Because they keep saying "we wanna stay here, we love this house" but the only bedrooms are the primary bedroom, guest room, and Claudia's office -- there's no room for the kids they speak of having one day. On the other hand, they seem to want to preserve the architectural style of their current home so I also wonder what he plans to do with the new house.

Also, on the Malibu house, I feel like it was a frivolous "investment" purchase. If I had his kind of money, knew I'd be settling down in Los Angeles, and sincerely wanted a beach vacation home in Malibu to visit with family and friends, I would wait until I found a place that I really liked and was worth buying and keeping. It came furnished in what is very much not their style and they didn't decorate it differently. Based on the effort they put into their main home, it's clear now that he wasn't planning on keeping the Malibu house for long.
Ummm? Please do not tell me that 3 bedrooms is not enough for having kids, and it requires a separate mansion with an Olympic sized pool.
They just have so much money that they do not know where else to shove it. I know they talked about donating money before, but I wonder what percentage of their income they actually give away.
I am also just sick of Claudia bragging about her sustainable lifestyle while literally has excess of everything.
On a different note, does anyone else think that her latest photos from Paris are so cringe? Like, we get it, Claudia, you do not have a an actual job or any other responsibilities, so you can follow your boyfriend around the world like a puppy. I honestly feel like half the reason she does it is just to keep tabs on him to make sure he doesn't go astray. I don't even want to get started on the outfits she wore there either.

Zelda
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Zelda »

I also feel that it is weird that she only seems to hang out with people who benefit of her. Like Lexi, Rebecca, Chris, and others. Most of them are there with her at Billie's concert or the beach house, but they are not there when "her movie" airs at festivals? I found it so weird that she flew to SXSW alone. I get that they are old friends, but it also seems like they are just totally mooching of her and Finneas. I am pretty sure half the reason Lexi moved back to LA is to try to get into that spotlight. I know that Claudia and Finneas used to hang out with Dylan and Lydia, but she does not really show them any more. There is a chance that she does not want to pull out her camera and remind people that she is just an influencer with no real talents. It also probably does not help that Finneas can be quite a jerk, and it does not seem like he has any friends at all, besides his friend David whom he mentioned a few times during their podcast.

Alfaomega
Learner
Learner

Post by Alfaomega »

It's really disappointing to see how much she spends on planes rides to "treat herself", when she claims to want to protect the environnement at all costs. Her and Finneas were shaming everyone and calling everyone out at the height of the "Black Lives Matter" movement (which still has not ended btw, hello, Claudia!), when it was popular, and they were bored and had nothing else to do during lockdown....But now that they can travel and go out again, they're just living their posh life and spending away on frivolous treats. She stopped posting about world events, except if it's to lazily re-post the same shit Finneas has posted...She never really cared.

It's unsettling what terrible outfits she manages to chose with so much money. It's been over a year at this point since she acted in her "big movie", and she still hasn't been casted in anything. Also, it's been over 2 years that she teased about her "secret entrepreneur project" and still, nothing. What the hell does this person do all day while the rest of us are working?

Jecjec1
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Jecjec1 »

Alfaomega wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:44 pm
It's really disappointing to see how much she spends on planes rides to "treat herself", when she claims to want to protect the environnement at all costs. Her and Finneas were shaming everyone and calling everyone out at the height of the "Black Lives Matter" movement (which still has not ended btw, hello, Claudia!), when it was popular, and they were bored and had nothing else to do during lockdown....But now that they can travel and go out again, they're just living their posh life and spending away on frivolous treats. She stopped posting about world events, except if it's to lazily re-post the same shit Finneas has posted...She never really cared.

It's unsettling what terrible outfits she manages to chose with so much money. It's been over a year at this point since she acted in her "big movie", and she still hasn't been casted in anything. Also, it's been over 2 years that she teased about her "secret entrepreneur project" and still, nothing. What the hell does this person do all day while the rest of us are working?
The outfits are sooo bad!!!

And yes, it’s a lot of performative activism. Reusing Trader Joe’s bags as wrapping paper doesn’t offset taking a private jet from LA to Palm Springs. It seems like she never uses her own words to talk about these issues— it’s just reposts that both Finneas and Chris Klemens post too.

kindregards
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by kindregards »

Zelda wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:45 pm
kindregards wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:15 pm

Ummm? Please do not tell me that 3 bedrooms is not enough for having kids, and it requires a separate mansion with an Olympic sized pool.
They just have so much money that they do not know where else to shove it. I know they talked about donating money before, but I wonder what percentage of their income they actually give away.
I am also just sick of Claudia bragging about her sustainable lifestyle while literally has excess of everything.
On a different note, does anyone else think that her latest photos from Paris are so cringe? Like, we get it, Claudia, you do not have a an actual job or any other responsibilities, so you can follow your boyfriend around the world like a puppy. I honestly feel like half the reason she does it is just to keep tabs on him to make sure he doesn't go astray. I don't even want to get started on the outfits she wore there either.
I definitely think their house is more than enough space and agree with the point you mentioned. I was coming at it from what their own perspective would be/why they’d want more room. With the money they (Finneas) have, they don’t seem like the kind of people to compromise what they currently have — they’d just want more space, Claudia in particular.

After watching her recent Google sponsorship, it emphasized how her sustainability efforts only go so far as to not force her to think critically about her actions. Her overconsumption of clothing is the most obvious issue, but she doesn’t critically assess this despite lauding her more surface level sustainability efforts. She gives a lot of lip service toward sustainability, but has no deep accompanying action. I went back and watched the vlog where she cleans out her closet and has a sponsor with The RealReal and says “let’s sell so we can shop a little more - I mean, we’re making room for it, aren’t we?” And then a video closely following that was a ‘Massive Thrift Haul’ saying how it’s better for the environment, but she clearly hasn’t done any research on how thrifting in excess does not make you sustainable. She’s contradictory and hypocritical. But like I said, they’re not the kind of people to compromise what they have.

kindregards
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by kindregards »

Alfaomega wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:44 pm

Don’t get me started on her performative activism. Finneas is the exact same. There comes a point where if you’re just resharing the sentiments of others (which is often people repeating the same thing that other people have said) that it becomes useless. If she’s using her platform to only commiserate, how is it any different from what people are likely already doing? Yes, she’s just a lifestyle vlogger, but in addition to what she’s posts, share what people CAN and SHOULD proactively do moving forward if you want to make impact. It’s as if she posts only to not be “one of the influencers who’s silent.” I always thing back to the first video she made after taking her break from YouTube during the height of BLM, saying that moving forward she’s going to continue this conversation on her channel... she has not once brought it up again. I had hope that when she started doing book reviews in her videos, there would be books that discuss racial or any important social issue in America, but obviously that hasn’t been the case. She just goes with the grain and never says/contributes anything meaningful other than a donation link when there’s so much more that can be done.

gwynethpaltrow
Learner
Learner

Post by gwynethpaltrow »

the top comment on her new video is “gatorade must be desperate”
💀💀💀

CoolEnchancer
Lurker
Lurker

Post by CoolEnchancer »

Did y'all notice she reused footage from a previous video 😵‍💫

Alfaomega
Learner
Learner

Post by Alfaomega »

gwynethpaltrow wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:18 am
the top comment on her new video is “gatorade must be desperate”
💀💀💀
Oh yikes! I don't see that comment---did she delete it? Comments ain't positive on the gatorade video. She (for the first time in years?) decided to respond to some.

Peeps are starting to get openly annoyed at her not posting anything genuine, but continuously promoting random products like a robot.
Does she think people won't notice she re-used the same beach footage 2 vids in a row? I presume she gets paid upwards of $20 000 per video...the lack of effort is just not okay.

Part of me thinks she's so un-invested in her own youtube channel, that she doesn't even remember she used it, didn't re-watch the previous video...and doesn't really care. As long as the client is satisfied that means she has the necessary money in the bank to buy first class plane tickets to go on her weekly polluting trip to wherever Finneas is working to go mooch off of his contacts and fame.

reeses4eva
Stalker
Stalker

Post by reeses4eva »

new here! :)
has anyone seen FINNEAS' new music video? it's so unbelievably cringe
not a fan of his new music, and the video alone seems so inauthentic/scripted, and it's directed by Claudia :?

they're so full of themselves, it just seems as if they aspire to be Jesse and Dev, but they lack the personality, likeability and talent. and yet they are so unaware...
maybe I'm just hating, but I hope Claudia finds real friends (and not the yes men she currently has) and start to do better, in general (and maybe dump the douchebag)

CoolEnchancer
Lurker
Lurker

Post by CoolEnchancer »

Did finneas and his team really let Claudia "direct" a music video to amplify her resume? 😂

Tbh though them both working on something creative together is pretty cute... I only get to edit academic papers with mine 🥲

gwynethpaltrow
Learner
Learner

Post by gwynethpaltrow »

she’s quitting vlogging
finally omg

Jecjec1
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Jecjec1 »

gwynethpaltrow wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:00 am
she’s quitting vlogging
finally omg
Did she announce this or are you assuming from her lack of vlogs?

Ungodly hour
Learner
Learner

Post by Ungodly hour »

Jecjec1 wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:04 pm
gwynethpaltrow wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:00 am
she’s quitting vlogging
finally omg
Did she announce this or are you assuming from her lack of vlogs?
It's at the end of her latest video

Jecjec1
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Jecjec1 »

Part of me thinks she is leaving vlogging because she is insecure that people only want to see her life with Finneas/Billie. She clearly doesn’t feel comfortable showing that part of her life anymore (maybe she thinks she’s too famous for it or maybe it becomes unsafe?). I’m sure people always comment that they want to see more Finneas and Billie and then she feels a ton of pressure.

As a newer fan (last few years), I went back and watched her stuff from 2016 onwards and she seemed very fun and carefree. Clearly she wants to transition to acting full time but that won’t pay the bills.

tranquildusk
Learner
Learner

Post by tranquildusk »

Screenshot_20220714-214839_Instagram(1).jpg
The ugliest outfit I've ever had the misfortune of seeing
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pancake3003
Lurker
Lurker

Post by pancake3003 »

It’s honestly so privledged to call “posting a YouTube video every 2 weeks (if that) burn out. Like there are people who work actual jobs…

She so clearly just does not need the YouTube money anymore and prob wants to stop posting all together. Probably makes plenty from Instagram ads. Also Finneas has a net worth of $25 million.

Very obvious that she just wanted to keep her life private / try to make it as an actor / have more of a celebrity persona and I wish she would just be upfront about that, but she’s probably terrified of any criticism.

Alfaomega
Learner
Learner

Post by Alfaomega »

pancake3003 wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:52 am
It’s honestly so privledged to call “posting a YouTube video every 2 weeks (if that) burn out. Like there are people who work actual jobs…

She so clearly just does not need the YouTube money anymore and prob wants to stop posting all together. Probably makes plenty from Instagram ads. Also Finneas has a net worth of $25 million.

Very obvious that she just wanted to keep her life private / try to make it as an actor / have more of a celebrity persona and I wish she would just be upfront about that, but she’s probably terrified of any criticism.
I agree. It's great that she admitted that the videos are not an authentic portrayal of her life.
But...I don't think she ever had an actual job that requires all the compromises, low wages and hours as most people experience... She's lucky to be a youtuber, but she's still not happy with it. I'd imagine something happened in which Finneas/Billie/The O'connel parents are more and more present and Claudia can't really feel confortable filming anything around them. Otherwise, I'd imagine Finneas went on a huge rant to her about not wanting to show the beach house, he probably bought it to have a safe haven, and since she showed it in videos, papparazzi hung around there to get pictures of Billie, and who knows...maybe fans went over to the address. Is that why he sold it? (Although the property is also listed online on that "celebrity dirt" website, he probably went on a rant to her about not wanting the 2nd property he just bought being filmed...She never really filmed Finneas's studio, and seemed to respect that part of his privacy....)

When they had the podcast, she was Finneas's "yesman". He thought Black Lives Matter was important, so she talked about it. He wouldn't shut up about the american election, so she started imitating him although she'd never talked about elections before. He got upset about a poor guy stealing a few packages from their mansion's doorstep, so she posted about it and echoed him. He got a tik tok account for his music carreer to reach more teens, and she got a tik tok account, etc...He's probably on some rant about "I want my life to be private, people want too much of a piece of me...." and she probably is going "yeah, yeah, you're right."

Or she's pregnant? Because when talking about the poison plant and the fence, she said "our dogs......" which was weird....then she said "we don't have any kids yet...." but right after that she said "I can't even feel comfortable telling you about a major life switch in my personal life...." It could just be the new property next door.

Return to “Claudia Sulewski”