pettybettyishere
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Buzzfeed - Part 3

Post by pettybettyishere »

Saw this earlier on Chantal's insta.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sicksadworld
Learner
Learner

Post by sicksadworld »

I mean, I agree with Chantel's last statement. "Not to be mean" is the equivalent of saying "no offense but..." or worse yet, "I'm not racist but...." Just say it and let it be, or stfu.

At the same time, Jessica wasn't wrong. Chantel's channel is failing and I think she needs to fall back to something more suited to her like directing or editing

Bregs
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Bregs »

what is the deal that shane and ryan reached?, they're able to do their own production studio but still do buzzfeed unsolved? how is this possible when everyone else seems to do the exact same just to leave buzzfeed?

wind84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by wind84 »

Bregs wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:21 pm
what is the deal that shane and ryan reached?, they're able to do their own production studio but still do buzzfeed unsolved? how is this possible when everyone else seems to do the exact same just to leave buzzfeed?
It might have been a deal they made with Buzzfeed, especially since that is like the only popular series/channel from BF other than Tasty. Seems like Alix from Tasty is also half in/half out. She does some videos with them but isn't full time anymore.

thehippiechick
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by thehippiechick »

Hannah I guess went live with Jackson and Wyatt and made cake mix cookies. Her kids are cute, I admit.

The only thing was that empty bowl used for cracking the eggs into stayed there the whole time, at Jackson's elbow giving me anxiety every time he'd knock it a little, as it was right on the edge of the table ready to crash to the floor. Move that up out of the way Hannah!!! LOL
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. - George Carlin

ninamoch
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by ninamoch »

LadyLike channel deleted most of their video. They only have 9 videos on their channel now, and still no announcement that it is defunct.

haze
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by haze »

ninamoch wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:54 am
LadyLike channel deleted most of their video. They only have 9 videos on their channel now, and still no announcement that it is defunct.
Oh wow! Must be a major fallout if most of the videos were deleted! If they wanted to become independent, they could've worked out a deal with Buzzfeed to transfer the channel/brand back to them. But honestly, the remaining members of LadyLike (except Jen, maybe) are too self-absorbed and narcissistic to continue on with LadyLike. Ideas are recycled and there's no more chemistry.

Femmefatale8
Learner
Learner

Post by Femmefatale8 »

haze wrote:
ninamoch wrote:
Oh wow! Must be a major fallout if most of the videos were deleted! If they wanted to become independent, they could've worked out a deal with Buzzfeed to transfer the channel/brand back to them. But honestly, the remaining members of LadyLike (except Jen, maybe) are too self-absorbed and narcissistic to continue on with LadyLike. Ideas are recycled and there's no more chemistry.
Looks like the videos weren’t deleted but instead transferred over to as is...for whatever reason?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wind84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by wind84 »

Femmefatale8 wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:36 pm
haze wrote:
ninamoch wrote:
Looks like the videos weren’t deleted but instead transferred over to as is...for whatever reason?

Probably because LL is done so they moved it to a channel that was active so those videos didn't just die on a dead channel. Now if someone comes across As Is and binges videos, they'll find LL vids there and BF won't lose out on potential revenue.

haze
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by haze »

Femmefatale8 wrote:
haze wrote:
ninamoch wrote:

I scoured the web last night and found a post by Mike dated in 2018 that said LadyLike was part of "As/Is" which is so weird? They had LL as a separate channel for years now.

RRmeow
Lurker
Lurker

Post by RRmeow »

haze wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:39 pm
Femmefatale8 wrote:
haze wrote:
ninamoch wrote:

I scoured the web last night and found a post by Mike dated in 2018 that said LadyLike was part of "As/Is" which is so weird? They had LL as a separate channel for years now.

If my memory serves me correctly they were originally a part of as/is and then they became popular so they broke off into their own channel... and I guess now that it’s dead they’re being reintegrated back into as/is.

haze
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by haze »

Chantel's Q&A video was recommended to me and all I could think of while watching her was "CUT YOUR HAIR!" Her hair looked so unkempt and barbaric; it doesn't do her face any good. I would be so annoyed with my hair touching my face all the time.

thehippiechick
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by thehippiechick »

I dropped Chantel, kept Devin. I couldn't relate to Chantel's solo content.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. - George Carlin

CloudyCoffee
Learner
Learner

Post by CloudyCoffee »

They’ve got a new channel called theunladylikeshow . I’m only interested in Devin & Jen so not sure I’d subscribe.

kittenkong
Learner
Learner

Post by kittenkong »

CloudyCoffee wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:34 pm
They’ve got a new channel called theunladylikeshow . I’m only interested in Devin & Jen so not sure I’d subscribe.
Isn't there already an Unladylike Show? With Cristen from Stuff Mom Never Told You

wind84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by wind84 »

kittenkong wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:15 am
CloudyCoffee wrote:
Isn't there already an Unladylike Show? With Cristen from Stuff Mom Never Told You
It kind of sounds like it's going to be a one time YT Live event? The channel only has like 8k subs at this point, which is very telling lol.

Femmefatale8
Learner
Learner

Post by Femmefatale8 »

wind84 wrote:
kittenkong wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:15 am
CloudyCoffee wrote:
It kind of sounds like it's going to be a one time YT Live event? The channel only has like 8k subs at this point, which is very telling lol.
A part of me does want to see them succeed. I for one will be tuning in, have nothing better to do if I’m being honest

wind84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by wind84 »

Looks like Empty Suitcase is back on YT, being posted to As/Is

fuzzypickles
Talker
Talker

Post by fuzzypickles »

I've been liking devin's channel, it's still so weird to me that chantal is making such boring content after so many years at buzzfeed? The 'i try' content seems so easy to come up with and has always been the most popular!

cici2020
Debater
Debater

Post by cici2020 »

fuzzypickles wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:18 am
I've been liking devin's channel, it's still so weird to me that chantal is making such boring content after so many years at buzzfeed? The 'i try' content seems so easy to come up with and has always been the most popular!
I agree. But, I think i would enjoy watching devin just ramble about random things. She has a much more inviting and interesting personality. Chantal is just sooooo boring.

Return to “Buzzfeed”