Michael Kay (Disney YouTuber) - Part 3

T-Rexx
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Michael Kay (Disney YouTuber) - Part 3

Post by T-Rexx »

More video of michael in the pool, OMG I need to stop rage watching at lunch; squealing about a Poly cabin; something trifffffle; blue drink; another GD hamburger. He does the worst food reviews. Raving about a turkey sandwich.

rebel
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Post by rebel »

The best part of today’s food review was when he said if you want a turkey sandwich get the turkey sandwich but if you’re looking for a burger get the burger. Oh shit, thank you Mike.

Jotham
Talker
Talker

Post by Jotham »

SEAL_87 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:33 am
This exact idea is what always brings me back to Michael's "career path". Remember he always said he wanted to be a Navy captain and run a ship? He is so greedy and self absorbed that he chose GOING TO DISNEY WORLD several times a year over military service. American citizens are not obligated to serve by any means, but it's the fact that he mentions it so frequently & the way he explains it in such bad taste to say, "I had dreams of being a Captain, but Disney is my true passion so it was a no-brainer." WHAT??? It's not like you put years into college to becoming an imagineer, artist, performer, etc and have a great career working for Disney - you're a man-baby who runs around with a camera on a sugar high chasing costumed actors all day, wasting money on plastic useless junk toys. You openly admit to viewers that having a military career would interfere with the magic, and now you've quit your nice govie job (and likely a pension) to waste years of your life at theme parks.
I always wonder if Michael has a back-up plan to this because there's no way his channel is going to last. As he grows older his channel will gradually lose appeal, especially since a lot of other Disney YouTubers have so much more to offer on the table. I figure he's already noticing his decline in viewership and that's why he's been adding banner ads on videos lately. But he can't rely on those and Patreon forever.

DrSeeker
Learner
Learner

Post by DrSeeker »

I can't take it anymore... I have to make a comment.

Michael's over-the-top "Disney point" drives me absolutely bonkers. He's not a CM, he hasn't gone through the training, there is absolutely zero need for him to do that. He looks so ridiculous, like a doofus obsessed with the military who salutes everyone but has no clue the actual rules behind it.

I feel like he thinks CMs are some kind of magical beings... He would be shocked to find out that backstage at WDW isn't much different than the breakroom at Target.

Missmothman
Talker
Talker

Post by Missmothman »

And sure enough, in today's video Michael shows how he needs a new hit of Disney magic and discusses how he is contemplating purchasing DVC. He just needs another bump to keep his head straight and focused on the ultimate goal: THE MAGIC IS STILL THERE!!!!!!

He is fucking jizzing himself over a pineapple drink that he is apparently allergic to and a pathetic looking cheeseburger that looks like it was sitting under a heat lamp for ten minutes.

TikiMeerkat
Informer
Informer

Post by TikiMeerkat »

Missmothman wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:51 pm
And sure enough, in today's video Michael shows how he needs a new hit of Disney magic and discusses how he is contemplating purchasing DVC. He just needs another bump to keep his head straight and focused on the ultimate goal: THE MAGIC IS STILL THERE!!!!!!

He is fucking jizzing himself over a pineapple drink that he is apparently allergic to and a pathetic looking cheeseburger that looks like it was sitting under a heat lamp for ten minutes.
The pineapple allergy is in his imagination, I think. He always insists that it's only fresh pineapple he's allergic to, not canned or dried, and not the juice -- which is nonsensical enough, but then he has also eaten fresh pineapple on video, stating "it's not that much so it's fine." Either you're allergic or you're not, dude. Many people do get that weird stinging mouth feeling from the enzymes in fresh pineapple, so maybe that's what he's referring to, but no way is this guy truly allergic to pineapple but eating Dole Whips all the time without a care in the world.

Most of the food they've eaten on this staycation (barf) has looked good in a "sure, I would eat that" sort of way. Absolutely none of it has appeared worthy of Michael's over-the-top praise. Has anyone here tried the infamous Geyser Point bison burger? Is it really anything to write home about, or did Michael just latch on to the word "bison" and convince himself it's something special? Also the amount of food they're horking down is making me feel sick. When they ordered those massive skillets AND bottomless milkshakes... BOTTOMLESS!!! How were they not puking all over the table?!?! Even ONE milkshake with a dinner that big would push me over the edge, and I can eat a lot when I try, lol. Hell, sometimes if I really want ice cream, that IS my whole dinner. But two or more milkshakes along with all that food, on top of the other massive meals of the day? How are these numbskulls real?

The fact that he's now considering DVC is staggeringly stupid. He's seriously going to invest in a timeshare 10 minutes from the massive house he can't afford to furnish? Pure lunacy. I don't think he has a back up plan at all for when vlogging inevitably stops being profitable; I think he believes wholeheartedly that his viewers a.k.a. "friends" will continue to pay him until the inevitable day when Disney hires him to do exactly what he's doing now on an official basis. We all know that's not going to happen, but I'm sure he doesn't.

Post by Guest »

TikiMeerkat wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:31 pm
Missmothman wrote:

The pineapple allergy is in his imagination, I think. He always insists that it's only fresh pineapple he's allergic to, not canned or dried, and not the juice -- which is nonsensical enough, but then he has also eaten fresh pineapple on video, stating "it's not that much so it's fine." Either you're allergic or you're not, dude. Many people do get that weird stinging mouth feeling from the enzymes in fresh pineapple, so maybe that's what he's referring to, but no way is this guy truly allergic to pineapple but eating Dole Whips all the time without a care in the world.

Most of the food they've eaten on this staycation (barf) has looked good in a "sure, I would eat that" sort of way. Absolutely none of it has appeared worthy of Michael's over-the-top praise. Has anyone here tried the infamous Geyser Point bison burger? Is it really anything to write home about, or did Michael just latch on to the word "bison" and convince himself it's something special? Also the amount of food they're horking down is making me feel sick. When they ordered those massive skillets AND bottomless milkshakes... BOTTOMLESS!!! How were they not puking all over the table?!?! Even ONE milkshake with a dinner that big would push me over the edge, and I can eat a lot when I try, lol. Hell, sometimes if I really want ice cream, that IS my whole dinner. But two or more milkshakes along with all that food, on top of the other massive meals of the day? How are these numbskulls real?

The fact that he's now considering DVC is staggeringly stupid. He's seriously going to invest in a timeshare 10 minutes from the massive house he can't afford to furnish? Pure lunacy. I don't think he has a back up plan at all for when vlogging inevitably stops being profitable; I think he believes wholeheartedly that his viewers a.k.a. "friends" will continue to pay him until the inevitable day when Disney hires him to do exactly what he's doing now on an official basis. We all know that's not going to happen, but I'm sure he doesn't.
My BF had the bison burger in Dec. (sorry for the rather cruddy pic of it!)
He said it was dry. He wouldn't get it again. I think it seems either people love it or hate it.

I agree about the milkshakes. I can barely get through a small one w/out my stomach bloating all out. I don't know how they down so much dairy in one sitting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Botangle
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Botangle »

Everyone was calling Dave Kay crazy for wearing multiple masks but in reality it was to help against the smell of Michael's dairy farts after drinking 4 milkshakes for dinner

peloquin17
Lurker
Lurker

Post by peloquin17 »

TikiMeerkat wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:31 pm
Missmothman wrote:

we own DVC at CC and go to geyser point all the time.
the bison burger is pretty good. its really nothing special.

my local bar/gastropub has burgers that shit all over geyser point.

Post by Guest »

Please explain WTF this is...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jakecava5432
Learner
Learner

Post by jakecava5432 »

I'm so sick of Michael talking about the low crowds with a beaming smile as if the reason there are low crowds is not because there's a fucking global pandemic. It is so so irritating seeing him so giddy that he gets to go on Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway 2 times without a long wait. Also, HOW does he end up getting so many freebies from cast members?

Missmothman
Talker
Talker

Post by Missmothman »

Chococat76 wrote: Please explain WTF this is...
Yes I would love an explanation also!! They have done the laying on the ground shit for a long time. Why!?!?

And more importantly, how does Michael actually think Disney will hire him when he is (supposedly) a grown ass adult man laying and/or rolling around on the fucking ground!?!?

MsDemeanor
Talker
Talker

Post by MsDemeanor »

Missmothman wrote:
Yes I would love an explanation also!! They have done the laying on the ground shit for a long time. Why!?!?

And more importantly, how does Michael actually think Disney will hire him when he is (supposedly) a grown ass adult man laying and/or rolling around on the fucking ground!?!?

A couple of thoughts on that picture. Given the absence of black cargo shorts, I am pretty certain that is David. Also, if you have to double mask to prevent Covid then why are you so comfortable rolling around on the ground of the Wilderness Lodge? Gross just Gross. I am sure the workers who had to clean up the area after his roll were just as annoyed.

Lcbarbie1
Learner
Learner

Post by Lcbarbie1 »

In MK's recent burger video, he says he wishes the parks were open, but at the same time he's happy it gives him the opportunity to just sit back and relax.

:(

Post by Guest »

Missmothman wrote:

That's Dave! And I can't explain it.

I could not believe my eyes when I was scanning thru his vlog today and @26:35, he actually starts fucking ROLLING DOWN THE HALLWAY at the Wilderness Lodge. !?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I don't know how to make GIFs or else I would have made one to show him "in action."

But holy shit... that stuff just makes me want to scream.

rebel
Informer
Informer

Post by rebel »

TikiMeerkat
Informer
Informer

Post by TikiMeerkat »

Thanks for the insider info on the bison burger, guys. I love a good burger as much as the next person, but the way he goes on about this one makes it sound like it’s made of the meat of the last golden bison, sandwiched in a bun baked by Zeus, topped with cheese made from milk that was milked by a hundred virgins and lettuce straight from the East Hampton backyard of Ina Garten.

I can’t find it now because this website is awful on mobile, but someone upthread commented that Michael is making this content only for himself, and I couldn’t agree more. He’s always insisting that it’s all to “share the magic” with his “friends” and “experience it together,” but that’s a bunch of bullshit. If Michael eats a steak on camera and I watch the video, that’s not us “trying it together;” that’s him eating a steak and me watching it happen. When he rambles about the food, it’s not intelligent or informative; it’s him making asinine comments like “this chicken has a strong chicken flavor” and then convincing himself that everything is great. And the “it’s good, but not the best (xyz) I’ve ever had” is beyond stupid. When normal people go out to eat, they don’t approach each meal with the question “will this be the best pizza/burger/pork chop/ravioli I’ve ever had??” It’s a weird way to live, constantly hunting for the best of the best. What makes it worse is that it’s not even that he’s searching for the best burger in general — his search field is limited to Disney property. There could be a Bourdain-blessed burger place 5 miles from the Magic Kingdom and it would take a mule team to drag Michael in, and even then he would probably say it didn’t compare to Geyser Point.

TikiMeerkat
Informer
Informer

Post by TikiMeerkat »

rebel wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:00 am
Oh look, it’s the guy who thought opening the windows in your house would let the Global Situation in.

Post by Guest »

rebel wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:00 am
Thanks, rebel. :tu:

This is perfectly symbolic of his wackadoodle lifestyle right now.

Seriously - he just needs to put THIS on his LinkedIn and be like -

"THIS is what I ACTUALLY do for a "living." Roll down deserted hallways at Disney's Wilderness Lodge wearing four masks with my mini-gut hanging out during a pandemic....ahem..."global situation" on Day 7 of my staycation from living in my $400K Winderemere home w/ my man-child of a brother while I'm also trying to get YouTube famous for trying different flavored nuts from Trader Joe's. "

Lcbarbie1
Learner
Learner

Post by Lcbarbie1 »

TikiMeerkat wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:02 am
Thanks for the insider info on the bison burger, guys. I love a good burger as much as the next person, but the way he goes on about this one makes it sound like it’s made of the meat of the last golden bison, sandwiched in a bun baked by Zeus, topped with cheese made from milk that was milked by a hundred virgins and lettuce straight from the East Hampton backyard of Ina Garten.

I can’t find it now because this website is awful on mobile, but someone upthread commented that Michael is making this content only for himself, and I couldn’t agree more. He’s always insisting that it’s all to “share the magic” with his “friends” and “experience it together,” but that’s a bunch of bullshit. If Michael eats a steak on camera and I watch the video, that’s not us “trying it together;” that’s him eating a steak and me watching it happen. When he rambles about the food, it’s not intelligent or informative; it’s him making asinine comments like “this chicken has a strong chicken flavor” and then convincing himself that everything is great. And the “it’s good, but not the best (xyz) I’ve ever had” is beyond stupid. When normal people go out to eat, they don’t approach each meal with the question “will this be the best pizza/burger/pork chop/ravioli I’ve ever had??” It’s a weird way to live, constantly hunting for the best of the best. What makes it worse is that it’s not even that he’s searching for the best burger in general — his search field is limited to Disney property. There could be a Bourdain-blessed burger place 5 miles from the Magic Kingdom and it would take a mule team to drag Michael in, and even then he would probably say it didn’t compare to Geyser Point.
Saying, "Is this food the best I've ever had? No..." is one of the most infuriating things Michael says. It's such a completely unhelpful standard in general, made more impossibly stupid by the fact that he's typically dining at some chain restaurant near the parks or something. I honestly wonder if he doesn't automatically equate high prices with a high standard of food. If you're inside or near a theme park, you are paying for convenience Michael, potentially a "fun" factor if it's highly themed, but those prices definitely do not reflect the quality of food.

I wonder if he honestly expects a waffle he orders at the Riviera Resort to be worth $42, and that's why he reviews them this way? No waffle is worth almost $50, Michael. Just beyond stupid.

Return to “Michael Kay”