Michael Kay (Disney YouTuber) - Part 3

rebel
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Michael Kay (Disney YouTuber) - Part 3

Post by rebel »

Why does Dave describe everything like he’s a 5 year old taking a cognitive test? He stands in front of a mirror and lets us know you can see yourself in it, including your hair.. your shirt.. your shoes. He goes to the bathroom and has to point out that there’s “kind of a” toilet paper roll. He lets us know what drawers are for.

Good job David! You have average observation and language abilities and can now graduate to the 1st grade.

TikiMeerkat
Informer
Informer

Post by TikiMeerkat »

The constant room tours are so deeply unnecessary. This would be a great time for Michael to use some of those editing skills — maybe instead of slow-mo jumping and mug tossing, he could do a quick montage showing different details in the room and views from different angles? We all know what a mirror is, we don’t need you to show it to us every time and say “I see you” EVERY TIME.

That tub with the sliding doors which he called a walk-through tub... maybe I’m wrong, but I’d imagine those doors exist so if you’re soaking in the tub you can still see into the other room to watch TV? I highly doubt the intended purpose is to do what Michael did, which was crash through the tub window from one side to the other like the damn Kool-Aid Man.

Every day of resort vlogs makes me sadder and sadder for this guy. How delusional do you have to be to truly believe eating a ham sandwich in the rain in an empty hotel is “magical”?

I went to Dave’s “nuts review” (lmao) video just to see if I could tolerate it. The first few minutes were annoying as he kept describing bags of one type of nut as “mixed nuts,” extolled the virtues of “that bland nut taste,” explained that he’d already tried the sriracha variety and didn’t like it but was going to see if he liked it “here today,” and then spent a solid 10 seconds explaining how zip top bags work. But I actually screamed with rage and turned it off when the mic picked up his noxious nut-crunching mouth noises. For the love of everything holy, MAKE YOUR EATING NOISES AWAY FROM THE FUCKING MICROPHONE!!!!

Speaking of disgusting, their feet on each others’ hairy chests for that pool stunt was nightmarish. If Michael, who thought the children’s ghost stories on the cruise were too intense, has ever seen “300,” I will eat my fucking hat.

Lcbarbie1
Learner
Learner

Post by Lcbarbie1 »

TikiMeerkat wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:02 am
The constant room tours are so deeply unnecessary. This would be a great time for Michael to use some of those editing skills — maybe instead of slow-mo jumping and mug tossing, he could do a quick montage showing different details in the room and views from different angles? We all know what a mirror is, we don’t need you to show it to us every time and say “I see you” EVERY TIME.

That tub with the sliding doors which he called a walk-through tub... maybe I’m wrong, but I’d imagine those doors exist so if you’re soaking in the tub you can still see into the other room to watch TV? I highly doubt the intended purpose is to do what Michael did, which was crash through the tub window from one side to the other like the damn Kool-Aid Man.

Every day of resort vlogs makes me sadder and sadder for this guy. How delusional do you have to be to truly believe eating a ham sandwich in the rain in an empty hotel is “magical”?

I went to Dave’s “nuts review” (lmao) video just to see if I could tolerate it. The first few minutes were annoying as he kept describing bags of one type of nut as “mixed nuts,” extolled the virtues of “that bland nut taste,” explained that he’d already tried the sriracha variety and didn’t like it but was going to see if he liked it “here today,” and then spent a solid 10 seconds explaining how zip top bags work. But I actually screamed with rage and turned it off when the mic picked up his noxious nut-crunching mouth noises. For the love of everything holy, MAKE YOUR EATING NOISES AWAY FROM THE FUCKING MICROPHONE!!!!

Speaking of disgusting, their feet on each others’ hairy chests for that pool stunt was nightmarish. If Michael, who thought the children’s ghost stories on the cruise were too intense, has ever seen “300,” I will eat my fucking hat.
I agree with all of this. Also, and admittedly maybe this isn't completely fair, but have either of the Kay brothers ever taken an opportunity to give back with their time or money?

Clearly they have been struggling for content the last 3 months or so, and neither seems to have much else to do. Maybe they could help deliver meals? Volunteer at the food bank? Now more than ever people are struggling to feed their families. Donate to organizations that are supporting feeding healthcare workers? These are all things my friends and I have been doing, and we have full time jobs?

I'm trying to imagine being fortunate enough to have a "job" that is so flexible, clearly not having to worry too much about money, and choosing to spend that time eating mediocre food and lounging around luxury resorts basically by myself while the entire world around me is burning down. It just seems like such a sad waste of resources especially right now .

TheTestAccount
Learner
Learner

Post by TheTestAccount »

FRE could make a great horror movie with Michael's chest hair and "I see you" in the mirror comments.

Jotham
Talker
Talker

Post by Jotham »

So with the new Star Wars mask he's wearing in today's vlog... that's FIVE Disney face masks Michael has purchased now. And he said he's going to buy more when they release the XL sizes. This guy really has no self-control whatsoever. :roll:

Missmothman
Talker
Talker

Post by Missmothman »

TikiMeerkat wrote:
THIS!!!!!!!!!! How do his fans not see how depressingly pathetic these "staycation vlogs" are!?????

Missmothman
Talker
Talker

Post by Missmothman »

In today's video he was rambling on and on about how much he loves relaxing during a staycation and he said he "can experience so many things like dining or walking around the lobby". Holy shit does this guy not listen to the words coming out of his fucking mouth? He is literally saying there is nothing to do there except relax (relaxing away from his already relaxing life), eat, and walk around. I pray Disney is watching his downward spiral and never ever invites him to another media event again.

rebel
Informer
Informer

Post by rebel »

Dave was lamenting that the fridge in today's video didn't have a freezer.. and in an earlier video Michael said they brought so much food and they shouldn't have.. but they seem to eat out for most/every meal? These two had bison burgers for lunch and shared $68+ dollars worth of meat and vegetables and had FOUR milkshakes at dinner. They couldn't even finish it all. What kind of food are they keeping in the freezer on vacation?!

rebel
Informer
Informer

Post by rebel »

I partially answered my own question.

I spy.. Trader Joe's hash browns.. and a bunch of sausages, at least.

The lettuce is a nice touch. I wonder if it went in the trash.

T-Rexx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by T-Rexx »

Why do Michael and Dave insist on showing themselves playing in swimming pools? It's just weird subject matter for a Disney vlog.

Also: Either wear t-shirts in the water OR get decent looking bodies. I go the t-shirt route because I am not delusional.

Dave and Michael: My guess is that they are married, not brothers. It explains the intimate touching, the dressing the same shtick, and the pains they go thru to show that separate beds are available, clearly trying to hide it, but no one would care (being married AND brothers would be an issue).

Michael jumping into bed and clapping the light off, I'm speechless.

Dave: It's a GD nut, not a wrench WTF

T-Rexx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by T-Rexx »

Dave: If someone advised you to make faces when you speak, you received very bad advice.

Also, the white stuff that comes from cows is milk, not melk. It's the same in Florida as it is in Maryland and Texas and Maine. It's milk.

Mattskapunk
Learner
Learner

Post by Mattskapunk »

With all this patreon money, can someone buy this "man" a new pair of shorts? Black long cargo shorts in the Florida heat is not too kind. He has to have more pairs of shorts than this.

thatone-xo
Lurker
Lurker

Post by thatone-xo »

If I wasn't so against providing them with anything (gift cards, gifts etc), I think it would be hilarious to send some new shorts to the PO Box lol.
For real though, what is up with that? I highly doubt they've been doing laundry on this "staycation" and it's been the same shorts the whole week - unless he has multiple pairs, which if so, unleashes a whole bunch of other questions. Most notably, why?! Haha

michaelkaystan
Talker
Talker

Post by michaelkaystan »

rebel wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:41 pm
Dave was lamenting that the fridge in today's video didn't have a freezer.. and in an earlier video Michael said they brought so much food and they shouldn't have.. but they seem to eat out for most/every meal? These two had bison burgers for lunch and shared $68+ dollars worth of meat and vegetables and had FOUR milkshakes at dinner. They couldn't even finish it all. What kind of food are they keeping in the freezer on vacation?!
I'm sure that the Bison Burger is really good, but they way Michael describes it as the most orgasmic food he's ever tasted is weird to me.

He said he would recommend going out of your way for it. Sure, a family on their "once every few years" trip to Disney is going to leave Magic Kingdom during the middle of the day to eat that $16 burger instead of something in the parks.

Missmothman
Talker
Talker

Post by Missmothman »

Michaels use of the term "sure enough" makes me want to bash my head against the wall. That along with 99% of the other shit he says/does/wears.

rebel
Informer
Informer

Post by rebel »

michaelkaystan wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:02 pm
I'm sure that the Bison Burger is really good, but they way Michael describes it as the most orgasmic food he's ever tasted is weird to me.

He said he would recommend going out of your way for it. Sure, a family on their "once every few years" trip to Disney is going to leave Magic Kingdom during the middle of the day to eat that $16 burger instead of something in the parks.
It's just another one of those things that is in no way intended for the audience. Michael talks to himself and films it so that a) he makes money, b) he feels like he has friends, but also c) it's a "legitimate" way for him to voice his opinion about everything without anyone talking back. If there was no camera he would be admitted to a hospital. A camera means he's a "vlogger" but the things he says are absolutely not for anyone but himself.

T-Rexx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by T-Rexx »

Mattskapunk wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:30 pm
With all this patreon money, can someone buy this "man" a new pair of shorts? Black long cargo shorts in the Florida heat is not too kind. He has to have more pairs of shorts than this.
Albert Einstein was also known for owning several variations of the same gray suit so that he wouldn’t have to waste time and brainpower deciding on which outfit to wear every morning. :rofl:

SEAL_87
Learner
Learner

Post by SEAL_87 »

Lcbarbie1 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:57 am
TikiMeerkat wrote:

I agree with all of this. Also, and admittedly maybe this isn't completely fair, but have either of the Kay brothers ever taken an opportunity to give back with their time or money?

Clearly they have been struggling for content the last 3 months or so, and neither seems to have much else to do. Maybe they could help deliver meals? Volunteer at the food bank? Now more than ever people are struggling to feed their families. Donate to organizations that are supporting feeding healthcare workers? These are all things my friends and I have been doing, and we have full time jobs?

I'm trying to imagine being fortunate enough to have a "job" that is so flexible, clearly not having to worry too much about money, and choosing to spend that time eating mediocre food and lounging around luxury resorts basically by myself while the entire world around me is burning down. It just seems like such a sad waste of resources especially right now .
This exact idea is what always brings me back to Michael's "career path". Remember he always said he wanted to be a Navy captain and run a ship? He is so greedy and self absorbed that he chose GOING TO DISNEY WORLD several times a year over military service. American citizens are not obligated to serve by any means, but it's the fact that he mentions it so frequently & the way he explains it in such bad taste to say, "I had dreams of being a Captain, but Disney is my true passion so it was a no-brainer." WHAT??? It's not like you put years into college to becoming an imagineer, artist, performer, etc and have a great career working for Disney - you're a man-baby who runs around with a camera on a sugar high chasing costumed actors all day, wasting money on plastic useless junk toys. You openly admit to viewers that having a military career would interfere with the magic, and now you've quit your nice govie job (and likely a pension) to waste years of your life at theme parks.

^ This whole concept makes sense as to why he doesn't give back, donate, volunteer, or do a single thing for his fans. It's all self centered. He could never be a team player in the military, an organization that requires selflessness.

Oh yea and "300", that totally threw me for a curve. If Michael saw that he must have had serious trauma afterwards. Quite the opposite of a magical flick - no singalongs if i remember correctly.

Lcbarbie1
Learner
Learner

Post by Lcbarbie1 »

One of Michael's videos from *checks notes* only 3 years ago.....

Seriously such an interesting contrast (same shorts though).

MsDemeanor
Talker
Talker

Post by MsDemeanor »

Lcbarbie1 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:21 am
One of Michael's videos from *checks notes* only 3 years ago.....

Seriously such an interesting contrast (same shorts though).

In many ways he is still the same. He still has the same uncomfortable character interactions including weird banter. I am not sure what pleasures a single, adult male without children derives from repeatedly posing with children's characters, nor do I know what he does with his now, thousands of pictures of said interactions. He just seems a lot calmer which is interesting. There is no squealing when he has been separated from his beloved WDW by coming as an occasional visitor to park, but nonstop squealing when he has daily access to the same experience. He should have stayed in Maryland.

Return to “Michael Kay”