True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: David Dobrik/Vlog Squad (Part 48)

Post by GoingDownWinkyFace »

margiola wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:34 pm
FilofaxK wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:02 pm
I have recently started the office (no spoilers please) and Erin the receptionist is literally Taylor!
I like this, so jim is david, pam is natalie, jonah is kevin, angela is erin, kelly is carly, scott is toby, jason is creed and mm that's all I can think of
David and Jason have to come together to form Michael, right? You need a Michael and they’re both kind of Michael for the chaos, weirdness, accidental offensiveness and occasional patheticness. Dason = Michael

Matt King is Dwight, he just is. It’s his vibe.
Mike S. is Gabe
Liza was Holly
Zane is Andy
Todd is Roy
Jeff is Karen
Dom is Ryan or Todd Packer
Gabbie is Phylis
Trisha is Jan
Jack is David Wallace without being the boss boss. Confused at the success but rolling with it.
Ilya is Meredith

You’d need Stanley, Oscar and Darryl.

the_tiktak_channel
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by the_tiktak_channel »

speaking of carly. someone pleeeease fix her Instagram feed. It's just not cute. It's so mismatched and the posts don't match each other at all.

imo, some good Instagram feed examples are: liza, todd, goddesseriu, natalie, corinna, scott, davidsdisposable, heath, mariah, jeff, zane

some bad instagram feed examples are: jason, david, erin (but its getting better), jonah...

I just feel like carly has so much potential, so why does her feed have to be so baaad. Yes it's a minor issue, but if she got herself some more artistic direction, her feed could be so nice and I feel like that would be great for her brand too. David at least has his second account with a decent feed and nicely framed photos. Jason, there is no hope but his individual posts aren't thaat bad. Erin, is decent enough but she's missed out on posting some really good photos, but at least her second account's feed is really nice (goddesseriu)

Here I am complaining about bad feeds lol. Don't mind me, but I just realy love nice feeds. Especially from people who's job is in social media, I'd like to see more effort being put in. Carly's so pretty she could have such a cute aesthetic going for her. Right now her IG and her style, in general, could use some upgrading...maybe...idk...just me

Post by Guest »

GoingDownWinkyFace wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:42 pm
margiola wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:34 pm
FilofaxK wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:02 pm
I have recently started the office (no spoilers please) and Erin the receptionist is literally Taylor!
I like this, so jim is david, pam is natalie, jonah is kevin, angela is erin, kelly is carly, scott is toby, jason is creed and mm that's all I can think of
David and Jason have to come together to form Michael, right? You need a Michael and they’re both kind of Michael for the chaos, weirdness, accidental offensiveness and occasional patheticness. Dason = Michael

Mike S. is Gabe
Liza was Holly
Zane is Andy
Todd is Roy
Jeff is Karen
Gabbie is Phylis
Trisha is Jan
Jack is David Wallace without being the boss boss. Confused at the success but rolling with it.
Ilya is Meredith

Matt is Andy. Andy is super WASPy (so is Matt), he brags about going to Cornell (while Matt has his whole "crystallized intelligence" thing), and he suffers from IBS (we get it Matt, you have psoriasis).

I think Alex (or at least the character he plays in his own vlogs) would be Dwight.

I'd say Liza is Karen because of the whole moving on to bigger and better things for herself angle. SPOILER ALERT: She leaves the Scranton branch to become a regional manager (Liza leaves the VS to move into independent projects and more mainstream media).

I could also stretch a bit and say Dima is Darryl. Darry moves from the warehouse to the office (while Dima moves from VH to LA). I also think they give off similar hardworking but willing to be part of the fun vibes.

I don't think Natalie is a Pam at all but I can't think of any character she really fits. She kind of has aspects that fit a few characters in different ways.

GoingDownWinkyFace
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by GoingDownWinkyFace »

suckonthat wrote:
margiola wrote:
FilofaxK wrote: I have recently started the office (no spoilers please) and Erin the receptionist is literally Taylor!

Mike S. is Gabe
Liza was Holly
Zane is Andy
Todd is Roy
Jeff is Karen
Gabbie is Phylis
Trisha is Jan
Ilya is Meredith

Matt is Andy. Andy is super WASPy (so is Matt), he brags about going to Cornell (while Matt has his whole "crystallized intelligence" thing), and he suffers from IBS (we get it Matt, you have psoriasis).

I think Alex (or at least the character he plays in his own vlogs) would be Dwight.

I'd say Liza is Karen because of the whole moving on to bigger and better things for herself angle. SPOILER ALERT: She leaves the Scranton branch to become a regional manager (Liza leaves the VS to move into independent projects and more mainstream media).

I could also stretch a bit and say Dima is Darryl. Darry moves from the warehouse to the office (while Dima moves from VH to LA). I also think they give off similar hardworking but willing to be part of the fun vibes.

I don't think Natalie is a Pam at all but I can't think of any character she really fits. She kind of has aspects that fit a few characters in different ways.
I say Matt is Dwight because he’s so rigid, high strung and easy to mess with. You know he’d be an epic ass kisser who wouldn’t accept that he’s the assistant to the regional manager instead of the assistant regional manager. Zane is Andy because of the swings between good and bad, the attention seeking and that their negatives get destructive fast. Matt is a pretentious WASP but lacks the particular brand of Andy craziness.

Alex is crazy like Dwight but not like Dwight. He wouldn’t be as obsessed with climbing the ranks or hang around for the entire time. Maybe Deangelo Vickers?

I could see Liza as Karen but she had a huge influence on David and was aggressively nice and goofy. That’s more Holly. I put Jeff there because I think he’s one of the ones more likely to be fine if David stopped tomorrow. Puts decent effort in for good work and isn’t as intertwined.

I’d be tempted to say Jeff is Darryl because of the rise to where he is now, but Darryl was smarter than Jeff seems. They don’t really have a Darryl who is above the craziness and going places. I had a Dima as Clark but that seemed mean to Dima.

Natalie is only Pam if you want David to be Jim and go for Datalie. Otherwise, Carly is more of a Pam. Nice, not particularly talented, good enough to be fine, etc. I guess that means Erin, Corinna (terrible taste in men) or one of the Instagram models takes Kelly. Or Heath or Zane. All of the influencers are Kelly to a degree. Natalie used to be Stanley (over this shit) but now that’s only part of the time. It nought about her as Karen, too.

ImbetterImbetter
Learner
Learner

Post by ImbetterImbetter »

So Natalie must act professional at all times when it comes to David....YET I don't know many bosses repeatedly joking about having 3-somes with their employees. You can't get more unprofessional than that. If David wants professionalism, he should lead by example. :)

Yes, the line between what's work appropriate and talking shit has been crossed plenty of times, but if David has a real problem with Natalie's attitude he's more than capable of addressing her off camera. AND if Natalie has a problem with his sexual harrassment (and that exactly what it would be in a professional setting) she's more than capable of addressing him off camera.

Take of your DD Capes. They're not need here.

Post by Guest »

Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:52 pm
suckonthat wrote:
margiola wrote:
FilofaxK wrote: I have recently started the office (no spoilers please) and Erin the receptionist is literally Taylor!

Mike S. is Gabe
Liza was Holly
Zane is Andy
Todd is Roy
Jeff is Karen
Gabbie is Phylis
Trisha is Jan
Ilya is Meredith

I say Matt is Dwight because he’s so rigid, high strung and easy to mess with. You know he’d be an epic ass kisser who wouldn’t accept that he’s the assistant to the regional manager instead of the assistant regional manager. Zane is Andy because of the swings between good and bad, the attention seeking and that their negatives get destructive fast. Matt is a pretentious WASP but lacks the particular brand of Andy craziness.

Alex is crazy like Dwight but not like Dwight. He wouldn’t be as obsessed with climbing the ranks or hang around for the entire time. Maybe Deangelo Vickers?

I could see Liza as Karen but she had a huge influence on David and was aggressively nice and goofy. That’s more Holly. I put Jeff there because I think he’s one of the ones more likely to be fine if David stopped tomorrow. Puts decent effort in for good work and isn’t as intertwined.

I’d be tempted to say Jeff is Darryl because of the rise to where he is now, but Darryl was smarter than Jeff seems. They don’t really have a Darryl who is above the craziness and going places. I had a Dima as Clark but that seemed mean to Dima.

Natalie is only Pam if you want David to be Jim and go for Datalie. Otherwise, Carly is more of a Pam. Nice, not particularly talented, good enough to be fine, etc. I guess that means Erin, Corinna (terrible taste in men) or one of the Instagram models takes Kelly. Or Heath or Zane. All of the influencers are Kelly to a degree. Natalie used to be Stanley (over this shit) but now that’s only part of the time. It nought about her as Karen, too.
I don't think Alex is Dwight. I think the character Alex plays in his own vlogs is Dwight.

And I couldn't disagree more on Matt. Matt is so Andy to me. Obviously none of them are going to be perfect fits because these are real people and the Office characters were obviously over-exaggerated and often fairly one-dimensional for comedic effect. But Matt will always be Andy to me. Everything about him screams Andy to me. The WASPiness, the bragging about his education, the uber-white upbringing, the temper tantrums. Such an Andy.

philodendron
Debater
Debater

Post by philodendron »

I'm pretty OOTL lately, but I just came across Scott's new vlog and WOW, it makes me so happy to see the VS supporting him by going to his house and filming there. I'm happy to see Scott with his friends again, hopefully he's feeling the love lately.

FilofaxK
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by FilofaxK »

the_tiktak_channel wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:38 pm
so matt's instagram stories. yeah don't mind me shipping carly with everyone in sight. so far we have jay, scott now david. even matt, until he got a gf.

#getcarlyaboyfriend
I'm pretty sure she is seeing Brettie.
Sentiment is a chemical defect found on the losing side.

https://curiouscat.me/filofaxkfromgg

the_tiktak_channel
Gossiper
Gossiper

FilofaxK wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:53 pm
so matt's instagram stories. yeah don't mind me shipping carly with everyone in sight. so far we have jay, scott now david. even matt, until he got a gf.

#getcarlyaboyfriend
wait, is she really

cuz she was sitting on david like yesterday

FilofaxK
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by FilofaxK »

Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:06 pm
FilofaxK wrote:

#getcarlyaboyfriend
wait, is she really

I think so, but obviously nothing confirmed.
I don't think sitting on someone's lap means anything, especially in that friend group.

the_tiktak_channel
Gossiper
Gossiper

FilofaxK wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:18 pm
Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:06 pm
FilofaxK wrote:

#getcarlyaboyfriend
wait, is she really

I think so, but obviously nothing confirmed.
I don't think sitting on someone's lap means anything, especially in that friend group.
true. I gotta remember who we're dealing with lol

that guy brettie is like a clone hybrid mix of other people. he is the perfect mix between ilya and jeff and tyler posey...some photos he IS ilya

xoxotrixoxo
Learner
Learner

Post by xoxotrixoxo »

When you come to the Vlog Squad thread and you have no idea what the hell or who the hell people are talking about, Who the hell is Pam or Dwight? There's someone named Jim now? Natalie being compared to some guy named Stanley???? WTF????? Is this the same thread?

the_tiktak_channel
Gossiper
Gossiper

xoxotrixoxo wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:40 pm
When you come to the Vlog Squad thread and you have no idea what the hell or who the hell people are talking about, Who the hell is Pam or Dwight? There's someone named Jim now? Natalie being compared to some guy named Stanley???? WTF????? Is this the same thread?
those are characters from TV show The Office lol

I don't watch it either but I know that much

beefjerky
Debater
Debater

Post by beefjerky »

It's the middle of the night and I can't stop thinking about Erin being Angela and Whitey being Sprinkles :rofl:

beefjerky
Debater
Debater

Post by beefjerky »

Also, loving Josh Peck's new video with Joe (only eating out of vending machines for 24 hours). I want to try the vending machine that gives you fresh squeezed orange juice. What a cool concept though and I lovvvvve Joe. Kind of slow paced, but I'm so bored with the rest of the vlog squad right now.

--

ALSO anyone else excited to see content from Erin's wedding in a month? I bet she'll look beautiful!! I'm really looking forward to see what they're going to do with the money David gave her. She briefly talked about how stressed she is about it in her and Carly's last vlog - did she not hire a wedding planner to help? David gave her so much money. I'm curious to see if it will be over the top with a lot of moving parts and that's why she's so stressed.

Natalie
Debater
Debater

Post by Natalie »

I agree, Natalie is not Pam but Carly is and also Matt being Andy
Who is Brettie? I would love Carly with Scott but that's not going to happen lol

Newname065
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Newname065 »

Jasons thing at the end of Joe's video about Brandon had me dying.
No screaming, no fast cuts just making fun of him.

I know that stuff like this doesn't fit in Davids vlogs, but the whole car scene was fun. He always seems so rushed in the vlogs

@Natalie: Brett Bassock on IG. I don't know how shes connected to him tho or why people think she's seeing him.
Last edited by Newname065 on Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
I apparently hate Natalie

FilofaxK
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by FilofaxK »

Natalie wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:28 am
I agree, Natalie is not Pam but Carly is and also Matt being Andy
Who is Brettie? I would love Carly with Scott but that's not going to happen lol
Brettie Bass, he has been seen around the VS for a few months now. But most noticeably with Carly- or at least I think so.

Dutchessie
Debater
Debater

Post by Dutchessie »

beefjerky wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:51 pm

ALSO anyone else excited to see content from Erin's wedding in a month? I bet she'll look beautiful!! I'm really looking forward to see what they're going to do with the money David gave her. She briefly talked about how stressed she is about it in her and Carly's last vlog - did she not hire a wedding planner to help? David gave her so much money. I'm curious to see if it will be over the top with a lot of moving parts and that's why she's so stressed.
I think she mentioned she had a wedding planner and was mostly stressed due to family and friends not responding to their invitation (and thus other decisions based on the amount of people coming are delayed... Things like catering and seating etc). When doing her test make up she keeps stressing she wants it casual and informal, so I think she'll have a nice wedding with quality things but nothing really over the top. But that's just my guess based on the content so far.

Cheesey
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheesey »

im interested to see who from the vs gets an invite

Return to “David Dobrik”