Angelica "Who asked for her?" Nyqvist - The Hobbiest YouTuber (Part 2)

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: Angelica "Who asked for her?" Nyqvist - The Hobbiest YouTuber (Part 2)

Post by WORDSALAD »

Embraced_34 wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:11 am
I’ve never managed to watch a full video of hers. Just felt like mentally challenged obnoxious parrot was screeching at me. No thanks.
:rofl: vintage GG lol
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

Stfu_u2
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0

Re: Angelica

Post by Stfu_u2 »

Rabidosky69 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:18 pm
Wait Brit clarke isn't gay... Her husband's name is Shannon, that can be a guy's name too... There's nothing wrong with her being gay I just don't think that's the truth!! I have been watching her channel a lot lately and she constantly refers to her husband, I just need someone to verify this lol. There are several pictures of them kissin/doing couple stuff on her Instagram... I'm not trying to correct you I am just confused now!!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Yeah I definitely got confused. I heard her refer to herself as "gay" & I think she was making a very bad joke?

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

So I'm watching Angie's latest lip declutter. I watched the last one, and can remember much of it.

So I compared the two. She literally declutted all the drugstore stuff and kept all the highend stuff. - Well mostly.

But more importantly, she decluttered whole collections of things she previously LOVED and raved about, and not because they were 'old' or unusable either.

Hhhhmmm. Not that I trusted her to begin with but I really wouldn't now. You just get rid of ALL colours of a formula you LOVE at once unless you didn't really love it in the first place. Smacks of classic luxury replacement theory.
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

MiscellaneousCell
Lurker
Lurker

Post by MiscellaneousCell »

WORDSALAD wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:59 pm
So I'm watching Angie's latest lip declutter. I watched the last one, and can remember much of it.

So I compared the two. She literally declutted all the drugstore stuff and kept all the highend stuff. - Well mostly.

But more importantly, she decluttered whole collections of things she previously LOVED and raved about, and not because they were 'old' or unusable either.

Hhhhmmm. Not that I trusted her to begin with but I really wouldn't now. You just get rid of ALL colours of a formula you LOVE at once unless you didn't really love it in the first place. Smacks of classic luxury replacement theory.
This is why I stopped listening to her recommendations. I see that many rising once small youtubers are doing this. :\

hcburbs
Debater
Debater
Been thanked: 0

Post by hcburbs »

Following

Rabidosky69
Informer
Informer

Post by Rabidosky69 »

What do you guys think of her collab with kaliedos? It's not my style so I'm not interested, that tacky blouse she wore in the reveal video turns me off even more!!! I also feel like the theme of club nebula with nerdy sci fi names of the shades is odd... I'm a huge sci fi need so I don't hate the names, but I just don't personally love the theme of the space club Image

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: Angelica

Post by WORDSALAD »

Rabidosky69 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:39 pm
What do you guys think of her collab with kaliedos? It's not my style so I'm not interested, that tacky blouse she wore in the reveal video turns me off even more!!! I also feel like the theme of club nebula with nerdy sci fi names of the shades is odd... I'm a huge sci fi need so I don't hate the names, but I just don't personally love the theme of the space club Image

Lol I knew there must be a reason ppl have been shilling kaliedos so hard

Mortichia
Informer
Informer

Post by Mortichia »

She must be thinking she's a Disney princess, wearing that kind of blouses ;)
She was raving about kaleidos so much so collab was on the way.
Never tried that brand, anyone like it? It puts me off that indie brands are so pricey, I understand that some only starting but it's a lot of money to be spending on a new brand.
I got Makeup Addiction pallets from her recommendations, and I like them, but some are powdery and have to build it up. Then I've seen her declutering everything from that brand cause she won't be featuring them on her channel, why- I don't know.

WanderingLittleBear
Lurker
Lurker

Post by WanderingLittleBear »

I had all Kaleidod 6 pans and I admit they are worth the price. They are not like most indie brands I tried. Tbh they feel pretty similar to abh or huda.
I don't like this collab palette because the coloustory is just not my cup of tea.
Also Angelica's outfit in that reveal video was just awful xD.

scamlifeguru
Informer
Informer

Post by scamlifeguru »

Anyone know who she's shading in her most recent tweet?

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

I ain't paying top dolla for shit that's made in China
Sorry. Even if it is good.

Stumpf
Informer
Informer

Post by Stumpf »

I am wondering if she’s shading Paulina Beauty in that tweet. Paulina mentions in her latest upload that she doesn’t know if she can trust someone who ranks 100 palettes and I know Paulina is/was pals with Karen Harris who did a 100 palette ranking video a bit ago. The part where she mentions that she gets asked why she doesn’t talk about a certain person makes me think it’s about Paulina since they are both Swedish and I can see people wondering why they don’t associate.

Kuutar
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Kuutar »

Stumpf wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:08 pm

I am wondering if she’s shading Paulina Beauty in that tweet. Paulina mentions in her latest upload that she doesn’t know if she can trust someone who ranks 100 palettes and I know Paulina is/was pals with Karen Harris who did a 100 palette ranking video a bit ago. The part where she mentions that she gets asked why she doesn’t talk about a certain person makes me think it’s about Paulina since they are both Swedish and I can see people wondering why they don’t associate.
I think Paulina made a good point in her video: Can you really trust that someone who tries a 100 palettes in a year can make a credible review of them? I think it's a good thing that Paulina is pointing out the obvious and critiquing the beauty community. A lot of youtubers seem to be afraid to do so in case it would affect their pr and relationships in the community. Honestly, I'm tired of these shallow Youtube "friendships" and cliques where they act like they're childhood friends when in reality they've only written a couple of comments in each others Youtube videos. In reality it seems more like they are trying to use each others to get more subscribers.

So why shouldn't Paulina be allowed to talk aboutany topic in the community if she wants to? And I don't think she necessarily meant to critique anyone in particular. Tons of beauty youtubers do first impressions on things because they want to be the first one to get the video out. Paulina is a breath of fresh air in that sense even although I don't always agree with her on everything but that's life.

I think it's really shady and tacky for Angelica to make a passive aggressive post about "fake" people and not saying anything about the context. Aren't we over posts like that? Besides, isn't she basically saying that if someone dares to criticize her she cuts them out completely? Bigger Youtubers are public figures partaking in a billion dollar business so why shouldn't they hold each others accountable instead of forming these old-boy networks in the beauty community.

Of course it's possible that Angelica didn't refer to Paulina. But hey, why make those shade comments in the first place if you don't want people to speculate.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

Basically there are two cliques of 'smaller' influencer and Angelica is the ring leader of one of them

There's the genuinely 'smaller' influencers for whom it isnt their job (we keep banging on about this but it's true so there it is) and the group of 'smaller' influencers who want to be BIG influencers and so make it their job. ATEOTD that is the fundamental difference.

Miss Conjunctivitis started off in group 1. She then became the idol/boss of group 2. Those with a brain spotted her less-than-seamless transition from 1 to 2 years ago and have been recording its development in this thread.

Now we're coming to its fruition. The real 'small' influencers (Paulina) who are still small and accepting of staying that way, are starting to criticise Angie and her ilk. With good reason- because they have become what THEY used to criticise. And we all know Angie can't handle criticism. Let the passive aggressive bullshit on Twatter commence.

There have been rumblings among the 'colour crew' for a while. They all seem to watch one another's videos then snidely whine about each other now, don't they.

Stumpf
Informer
Informer

Post by Stumpf »

Well if the tweet was about Paulina then it’s a bit awkward as Paulina just posted a pic on IG that she got Angies collab palette today.

Meyaay
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Meyaay »

I’ve listened to her video countless times now. I don’t even think she was talking about Karen. She seemed to mention 100-150 palettes just in passing. She also said that it was okay to be that kind of channel. That it was good that the YouTuber was honest about how many palettes they test out every year. So that the subscriber knows what kind of “reviews” they can expect. Fuck Angelica. She’s such a drama queen. She’s the one who’s fake. She can’t even write publicly about who’s she’s talking about. She’s a coward.

Mortichia
Informer
Informer

Post by Mortichia »

Why posting anything then? Also her palette is everywhere, it starts to jump out of my fridge 🙄

yellllow
Learner
Learner

Post by yellllow »

I am actually surprised that I quite like the colour story of her palette, these are all colours I've been reaching for lately. Really didn't expect that since I hate her usual colour combinations.

Also, why is she still posing like this on pics.. I just went to check out some looks with her palette, and all I got was a weird diagonal angle, duck face lips (so 2005), and squiting... Oh, god, the squinting... Sometimes also looks like she's rolling her eyes back to her skull, combined with the pout lips it's...just looks wrong

Rabidosky69
Informer
Informer

Post by Rabidosky69 »

I had no interest in buying her palette. It's interesting that only a few people have mentioned that there were never any swatches on POC on their website, and with a limited amount of launches customers who just had to order it with no idea if it would work for them. I've only seen Any mention this in her review, what about all her other influencer friends who made such a big deal about this for other brands? Its funny to see that most people just ignore this since kaleidose is such a popular brand, if it had been another brand they'd all be calling for a boycott

Mortichia
Informer
Informer

Post by Mortichia »

I like the colour story, but i think I'd have to use it with other palette to get blending shades. It's selling out so fast as well so I won't even try to get it. Looking at her palette, I'd get annoyed straight away cause I'd remember every stupid thing she does ;)

Return to “A-E”