Simon and Martina (Eat Your Kimchi/Sushi) - Part 2

Ugh2020stop
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Simon and Martina (Eat Your Kimchi/Sushi) - Part 2

Post by Ugh2020stop »

I wouldn’t be shocked if they kept the channel as an archive and to promote their new endeavors, but until Simon shows remorse I’m down voting every video of his.

3calico3
Informer
Informer

Post by 3calico3 »

I'm glad they just came out and said it. Why they couldn't phrase it that way from the start confuses me though. At least everyone who was living in a fantasy world presuming that Simon and Martina were still together can get a reality check now.

kissmemissme
Stalker
Stalker

Post by kissmemissme »

Just caught up with this thread and honestly a part of me is sad because I watched their videos growing up. Being much older now though, I can see how their relationship was never ‘perfect’ and just a facade.

Clover la BonBon
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Clover la BonBon »

Finally! Curious that the message didn't hint at any direction for the channel/brand, unless they are still working it out. I know someone on the reddit page has noted that the FB page has now changed the logo to EYK studios. Wonder if they'll turn all the channels back to that? I do hope they split their content now, it must be hard giving up a channel of 1M+ subs (if only for ad revenue), but they can't go on like they have the past few months. No matter what, it is sad, but hopefully any new vids won't have that weird vibe the previous ones have had because 'the elephant in the room' has now gone.

Twerkin4dbirkin
Learner
Learner

Post by Twerkin4dbirkin »

Who else thinks the minute Simon finds a new partner he will request the videos to be removed.

3calico3
Informer
Informer

Post by 3calico3 »

Twerkin4dbirkin wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:18 am
Who else thinks the minute Simon finds a new partner he will request the videos to be removed.
I wouldn't be surprised if their back catalogue starts to slowly disappear - I can understand removing the videos where they explicitly talk about their relationship/dynamic or are all lovey-dovey, but it would be a shame to see all of their adventures get removed.

ReginaBob
Learner
Learner

Post by ReginaBob »

Twerkin4dbirkin wrote:
Any video that makes them money will never be removed. How else is he going to afford his retreats? It’s not like he’s working from the look of it.

If he gets with someone who wants fame I wonder if he’d drop the “I want privacy” thing and put her on the channel. That would cause so many issues. I feel like even though they’ve finally addressed things that the actual drama hasn’t even started.

On a side note, I wonder if Martina bringing up Hawaii is what finally lead to them officially going through with the divorce. Idk I just imagine Simon was such a dick to her about that. Played victim. Etc.

bucky
Talker
Talker

Post by bucky »

Lol, I don't know what's worse - filming yourself meditate or filming yourself pretending to meditate.

Purip
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Purip »

bucky wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:23 am
Lol, I don't know what's worse - filming yourself meditate or filming yourself pretending to meditate.
He can film himself meditating but can't post a simple "thank you" for the fans that were supporting him. What an ass :x

Neonglitch10
Learner
Learner

Post by Neonglitch10 »

So a bizarre meditation video but can’t say a thank you. What an ignorant prick

RavenSkies
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by RavenSkies »

Purip wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:47 am
bucky wrote:
He can film himself meditating but can't post a simple "thank you" for the fans that were supporting him. What an ass :x

Pretentious and tone deaf.

tacobeard
Informer
Informer

Post by tacobeard »

RavenSkies wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:03 am
Purip wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:47 am
bucky wrote:

Pretentious and tone deaf.
where did he post this? edit: nevermind I found it on their Instagram stories. It was weird as fuck.

jgkmeadowes
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jgkmeadowes »

That „meditation” story was so cringy...

Clover la BonBon
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Clover la BonBon »

The sooner Simon gets his own social media the better. How predictable that after the announcement he goes off again on his meditation and dog. Is that all he can do? Everything is revolves around those two things.

nenene
Stalker
Stalker

Post by nenene »

3calico3 wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:41 am
Twerkin4dbirkin wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if their back catalogue starts to slowly disappear - I can understand removing the videos where they explicitly talk about their relationship/dynamic or are all lovey-dovey, but it would be a shame to see all of their adventures get removed.
They are already disappearing. I was looking for the tattoo video where Simon talks about his love for Martina. Gone: https://unlistedvideos.com/v/youtube-kxe_Rd1Qwj4.html (Date submitted to Unlisted Videos: 24 November 2020)

DaenerysTargaryen
Talker
Talker

Post by DaenerysTargaryen »

I dont know if anyone mentioned it yet, but i actually think the most realistic reason for their divorce is simon not longer wanting to live in asia anymore. As i see it i believe that martina wanted to travel around more or atleast live longer in japan. And watching back their old videos where simon keeps saying that he hates lifting weights and likes to meditate and read life changing books it really feels to me as if he wanted to change is life for a while now. Maybe he wanted to move back to canada and martina could neither stay alone nor finance it alone in japan so she was forced to move back aswell and thats where they decided to break things off. Its the same when people break up because one wants children and the other one doesnt. They didnt share the dream anymore and maybe thats why everything turned bad for them.
Him becoming weirdly #Zen is just the cherry on top i guess

ReginaBob
Learner
Learner

Post by ReginaBob »

DaenerysTargaryen wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:26 am
I dont know if anyone mentioned it yet, but i actually think the most realistic reason for their divorce is simon not longer wanting to live in asia anymore. As i see it i believe that martina wanted to travel around more or atleast live longer in japan. And watching back their old videos where simon keeps saying that he hates lifting weights and likes to meditate and read life changing books it really feels to me as if he wanted to change is life for a while now. Maybe he wanted to move back to canada and martina could neither stay alone nor finance it alone in japan so she was forced to move back aswell and thats where they decided to break things off. Its the same when people break up because one wants children and the other one doesnt. They didnt share the dream anymore and maybe thats why everything turned bad for them.
Him becoming weirdly #Zen is just the cherry on top i guess
They had plans to travel and live in different European countries, too, so I don’t think living in Asia was the problem. Simon clearly still wants to travel after all, since he’s doing it during a fucking pandemic.

Seeing as Simon is spending thousands in rent a month, money on cars, designer dogs, who knows how much on month long vacations to hawiii, etc ... I don’t think Martina had money issues re: Asia. It seems more like she wanted better healthcare and to spend time with her mom.

DaenerysTargaryen
Talker
Talker

Post by DaenerysTargaryen »

111111.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

3calico3
Informer
Informer

Post by 3calico3 »

DaenerysTargaryen wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:39 am
111111.jpg
I get why they both still want to post on the EYK IG, but it's still pretty confusing. If I follow an account, it's to see content from a particular person - for their account, it's 75% Martina and 25% posts I don't care about.

mzkitteh

Post by mzkitteh »

Yeah I’ll continue to watch for Martina. I have no interest in watching anything Simon related. I’m surprised they have t made their older videos private. Other than to continue to earn revenue.
.......meow.......

Return to “Eatyourkimchi Studio”