Learner
Has thanked: 0

Re: JackassSepticEye Part 9: Gabs Piggy Bank

Post by gofukurself »

Chibiusa wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:33 am
Tora wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:49 am
He's always said that he liked his house so him moving is rather strange and unusual. I wonder if he's thinking about moving to the States or just moving to a different place in Brighton...
He said Brighton. Maybe downsizing to save $ for a move to the states? I think that's strange as well... it would make more sense if he was renting. What *is* the size of the current house? I would imagine they need at least 2 recording rooms and master bedroom. When Sean said he was moving I immediately had 4000 questions. Maybe they are looking for a more central location for better walking distance ?
I dont mean to double post but I cant find his mention of moving does anyone else have a link or can they tell me where it was said?

Gurlmeat123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gurlmeat123 »

gofukurself wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:32 am
Chibiusa wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:33 am

He said Brighton. Maybe downsizing to save $ for a move to the states? I think that's strange as well... it would make more sense if he was renting. What *is* the size of the current house? I would imagine they need at least 2 recording rooms and master bedroom. When Sean said he was moving I immediately had 4000 questions. Maybe they are looking for a more central location for better walking distance ?
I dont mean to double post but I cant find his mention of moving does anyone else have a link or can they tell me where it was said?
He said it in a twitch stream. I can't remember the timestamp I skimmed to but I think it was the first stream he did coming back from his break.

gofukurself
Learner
Learner

Post by gofukurself »

Gurlmeat123 wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:34 am
gofukurself wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:32 am

He said it in a twitch stream. I can't remember the timestamp I skimmed to but I think it was the first stream he did coming back from his break.
Gab has definitely decided to comment on this topic

I still can't pinpoint the timestamp in the stream of when he said it... but I could be accidentally skipping it

Gurlmeat123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gurlmeat123 »

gofukurself wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:13 pm
Gurlmeat123 wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:34 am

Gab has definitely decided to comment on this topic

I still can't pinpoint the timestamp in the stream of when he said it... but I could be accidentally skipping it
Lol sure; sounds like a great idea! Give his crazy stans, that have seeked out the phone numbers of his relatives, a layout of his home. There's a reason he kept his current house private and avoided house tours. People don't need to know what his private spaces look like. She can do the sims thing without broadcasting it.

Get_set_die
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by Get_set_die »

Twitter is losing its shit over performative tweets of women's day, including one of Seán's:

While looking for replies, saw someone bringing up Gab's racism too and posted a clip. Another one also brought up an old ask of Seán saying he's a "humanist" not a feminist:

Gurlmeat123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gurlmeat123 »

Get_set_die wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:43 am
Twitter is losing its shit over performative tweets of women's day, including one of Seán's:

While looking for replies, saw someone bringing up Gab's racism too and posted a clip. Another one also brought up an old ask of Seán saying he's a "humanist" not a feminist:
Jack: *raps* "yeah, I fuck bitches!"

Also Jack: *several videos old and new in reference to female characters* "fuck you bitch", "dumb bitch", "what a bitch", " fuck off bitch" etc...

Chibiusa
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Chibiusa »

Tbh, I am just glad it didn't revolve around anime (or gab) .💁‍♀️
I feel like yeah it's performative, but if he didn't say anything people would call him out for that as well.

Side note, remember when Sean made YouTube videos instead of watching anime all day.... good times.

Gurlmeat123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gurlmeat123 »

Sorry for the dbl post. I went and looked at his Twitter just to check it out for myself. While I didn't see the comments mentioning Gab's racism lol I did see that similar to the fact that his audience is FULL of racist, it's also FULL of immature people who think it's cool or funny to throw around misogyny and transphobia... And once again Jack does nothing to protect his fans but rather just let's HIS community tiresomely defend itself against these trolls in waves. He really needs to get a spine and block people rather than letting them tear down the very people who gave him his lifestyle, career, and support all his endeavors.

This could be nothing; but I noticed and could help but compare. Last year(?) He made a post for Gab appreciating her and gushing (leaving out his sister's, mother, other female influences and friends) but this year it was just simple a "shoutout".

usurpadora
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by usurpadora »

Ew, those breathing buttholes are not the type of person to throw stones at someone even if they have a hypocritical past, yeesh

"We hate that you mentioned women, so here's some old racist stuff your girlfriend did, just to prove how shitty women are!" like, thanks I guess?

Imagine being so fragile that tweets that say the word "women" get you agitated. Bringing up Gab's racist remarks from the past is not a trump card against IWD. You're just an asshole.
:HK:

shashka
Lurker
Lurker

Post by shashka »

bit late to the party but can we talk about how painfully terrible Jack's rap video is? like... almost nothing rhymes, the lyrics are absolute dogshit, his voice sounds terrible, and the jokes fall so, so flat. i really wanted to like it but brooooo it was SO bad, and it doesn't even hold up if you try to see it as ironic and so-bad-it's-good. it's actually sad bc i know he's mentioned that he wants to go into music and shift his content a little but this ain't it lol

i feel like at this point he's half-assing his content so much and it's obvious he's just doing it to keep the checks coming in. he basically went exactly the same way as pewdiepie, where he decided to make different content but the reddit review format got stale pretty fast. i don't get why they don't just come up with new content ideas and create something actually interesting and meaningful now that they have a big and constant audience. i feel like the last interesting thing that happened in the let's player scene was Unus Annus and even that was a bit half-assed

Tora
Talker
Talker

Post by Tora »

shashka wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:27 pm
bit late to the party but can we talk about how painfully terrible Jack's rap video is? like... almost nothing rhymes, the lyrics are absolute dogshit, his voice sounds terrible, and the jokes fall so, so flat. i really wanted to like it but brooooo it was SO bad, and it doesn't even hold up if you try to see it as ironic and so-bad-it's-good. it's actually sad bc i know he's mentioned that he wants to go into music and shift his content a little but this ain't it lol
The rap video I think it was meant to be kinda crappy. I know that he can sing if he'd put effort into it. A while back he mentioned that he wanted to get singing lessons. Tho, I doubt he'll actually DO them.

shashka
Lurker
Lurker

Post by shashka »

Tora wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:39 am
shashka wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:27 pm
The rap video I think it was meant to be kinda crappy. I know that he can sing if he'd put effort into it. A while back he mentioned that he wanted to get singing lessons. Tho, I doubt he'll actually DO them.
oof idk, he literally ripped off the whole idea from coryxkenshin, who actually made a really cool video (like fun lyrics, good flow etc). i legit think jack thinks his is good too... idk it's a bit sad to see that he's grown so self-sufficient and is making really subpar work these days. and it shows in his viewcount too, it's been steadily decreasing over the last few videos

usurpadora
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by usurpadora »

if you have to say "no no, it's meant to be crappy" then it's clearly not worked. tons of people have made great "bad" content because you can pinpoint exactly why it works and where it's funny that it's bad. like "graphic design is my passion" you can tell that's obviously intended to be bad but you know why, nobody has ever had to explain why it's meant to be bad

he's just mediocre and has no passion anywhere but he's trying anything that he thinks will give him the next big boom and people like gab just encourage him to make a fool of himself because they can't tell him that he sucks at something

shashka
Lurker
Lurker

Post by shashka »

usurpadora wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:53 pm
if you have to say "no no, it's meant to be crappy" then it's clearly not worked. tons of people have made great "bad" content because you can pinpoint exactly why it works and where it's funny that it's bad. like "graphic design is my passion" you can tell that's obviously intended to be bad but you know why, nobody has ever had to explain why it's meant to be bad

he's just mediocre and has no passion anywhere but he's trying anything that he thinks will give him the next big boom and people like gab just encourage him to make a fool of himself because they can't tell him that he sucks at something
Harsh but fair. I honestly think he should take a proper break and reconsider what he wants to do because right now it seems like he's lost and just making filler content to keep the views coming in.

What do you think would happen if he moved to LA like people are speculating? I mean on one hand he has friends there and maybe they'd push him out of his comfort zone and he'd do more interesting content (even though he has friends in Brighton too but that doesn't seem to help), but on the other hand he seems super comfortable just staying at home and making meme reviews and shit so maybe being in such a dynamic place full of other creators he'd just get depressed.

usurpadora
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by usurpadora »

LA is filled with creative people he knows however it's also post-c*vid so at this point we can't predict how creative he'd be

He doesn't do any of these things because he actually cares about them, he does them to become viral or be the next big hit. Boyinaband does raps and music but the guy is clearly passionate about it; I would have sooner accepted a drum cover video from Sean on a song he likes. Sean used to like drumming, doing a cover of a videogame song would have been perfect for him and a good way to exercise his music muscle

Esp. games like Undertale that has that Determination album that's full of metal covers. There's so much potential if he had the energy to look for it

Sean is basically the meme of mr bean trying to copy the answers off other youtubers lol

grayheart9
Talker
Talker

Post by grayheart9 »

His ‘rap’ is just completely misses any mark. Just stringing ‘cool’ over used saying ‘getting freaky on a Friday night’, ‘I fuck bitches’, ‘snitch’s get stitches’ (as well as self promo). I feel like it’s meant to be a piss take but its just falls flat and to me looks a bit sad. It’s not clever enough to be a good sarcastic song but not bad enough to be funny tongue in cheek so just 😐

Chibi Mooncat
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Chibi Mooncat »

That will be a boring ass stream. No doubt she’ll be milking it for content.🙄

:cuted:

berri
Talker
Talker

Post by berri »

I peeked in and out just to see and ugh, I couldn’t watch any longer. I’m not that interested in Minecaft anyway but my god the way Seán has rose tinted glasses is so ‘ick’, yes your gold digging racist girlfriend is ‘perfection’ Seán. He’s either blind or in denial.

shashka
Lurker
Lurker

Post by shashka »

berri wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:46 pm
I peeked in and out just to see and ugh, I couldn’t watch any longer. I’m not that interested in Minecaft anyway but my god the way Seán has rose tinted glasses is so ‘ick’, yes your gold digging racist girlfriend is ‘perfection’ Seán. He’s either blind or in denial.
Lmao I am begging y'all to look at his recent replies on Twitter, it's literally just him hitting on every single female streamer he knows hahahahah

Chibiusa
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Chibiusa »

So I watched about 20 minutes of this stream yesterday. Both my husband and I thought it was weird that they don't seem to have conversations, but talk at each other. Obviously, he's addressing chat, but it's not like he's having 2 conversations. It's a conversation with chat and Sean talking into the ether.

Return to “JackSepticEye”