Elle Florence - Sleepless in Seatt-Elle and the Quest for Mr Next (Part 10)

Re: Elle Florence - Sleepless in Seatt-Elle and the Quest for Mr Next (Part 10)

Post by Guest »

PhoebeTallulah wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:03 pm
The whole Ginette/Elle dynamic makes me think of a couple of friends who parent their kids with autonomy above all else. Which is fine, but in my opinion there are times when parents need to call their kids out for their behavior and not just “let them figure out the natural consequences”. I wonder if this is Ginettes way? I also grew up with lots of friends who had European backgrounds, and they wouldn’t get away with treating their mom the way Elle treats Ginette.
I dunno, both Ginette and Elle have demonstrated being super codependent on each other. I’d think if Ginette wanted to raise her daughter as autonomous Elle wouldn’t constantly be hitting Ginette up for monetary and emotional support when things go awry.

I just think Elle is hopelessly spoiled and Ginette devoted all her energy and attention towards her daughter, as Ginette probably felt very alone as a single parent. We can only guess what was going on in Ginette’s mind, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Ginette had enormous guilt choosing a deadbeat dad for Elle and just wanted to provide everything she could for her daughter, hardly ever punishing her and letting Elle do whatever she wanted.

no_stringss
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by no_stringss »

adel220 wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:58 pm
PhoebeTallulah wrote:
The whole Ginette/Elle dynamic makes me think of a couple of friends who parent their kids with autonomy above all else. Which is fine, but in my opinion there are times when parents need to call their kids out for their behavior and not just “let them figure out the natural consequences”. I wonder if this is Ginettes way? I also grew up with lots of friends who had European backgrounds, and they wouldn’t get away with treating their mom the way Elle treats Ginette.
I dunno, both Ginette and Elle have demonstrated being super codependent on each other. I’d think if Ginette wanted to raise her daughter as autonomous Elle wouldn’t constantly be hitting Ginette up for monetary and emotional support when things go awry.

I just think Elle is hopelessly spoiled and Ginette devoted all her energy and attention towards her daughter, as Ginette probably felt very alone as a single parent. We can only guess what was going on in Ginette’s mind, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Ginette had enormous guilt choosing a deadbeat dad for Elle and just wanted to provide everything she could for her daughter, hardly ever punishing her and letting Elle do whatever she wanted.
This. I can see both of them having the mentality of "us against the world" as Eleanor was growing up. Their level of codependency is nuts. I think even more than her mannerisms, what cost her friendship with her peers growing up, was her viewing (and preferring) her mom as a friend and confidant.

Not only is the poor sap that chooses to hitch his ride to this loony bin going to have to deal with all the ways Eleanor sucks as a human, but he's gonna have to always be put second after her mother. Let's face it, push comes to shove, mommy wins. :roll:

We'll leave that for the therapists :rofl:

TheObservant_1
Informer
Informer

Post by TheObservant_1 »

no_stringss wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:18 am
adel220 wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:58 pm
PhoebeTallulah wrote:

This. I can see both of them having the mentality of "us against the world" as Eleanor was growing up. Their level of codependency is nuts. I think even more than her mannerisms, what cost her friendship with her peers growing up, was her viewing (and preferring) her mom as a friend and confidant.

Not only is the poor sap that chooses to hitch his ride to this loony bin going to have to deal with all the ways Eleanor sucks as a human, but he's gonna have to always be put second after her mother. Let's face it, push comes to shove, mommy wins. :roll:

:rofl:
If only...clearly she's going to need a shove (bigger than Rick 😄). This girl has needed therapy for YEARS and hasn't picked up on us spelling it out for her. She's daft or stubborn as all get out...my money's on the latter.

triskelos
Learner
Learner

Post by triskelos »

Annie_HTX wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:53 am
triskelos wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:51 am
Vancouverite_604 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:31 pm
no_stringss wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:39 am
I think the mere fact that she was all set to have Dickles inseminate her proves her capacity for rational thought is nil.
:rofl: You guys crack me up

But seriously, I don't think she'll ever be with a doctor, lawyer or engineer. They're all well educated and analytical thinkers (at least they should be after that much school). My husband is an engineer and he has a term for women like her, looks alright on the outside but dumb on the inside - dumb f***. Meaning she's a hump and dump. An actual smart man wouldn't tolerate Elle, at least not for long. Maybe he'd have some fun with her first but dump her soon after. That's the harsh reality.

*Just to be clear, my hubby is a really sweet, well educated guy! He's just telling me what guys actually are thinking in their mind when they come across girls like her
BTW, my boyfriend totally predicted that Joe will dump Smelle's ass since their first videos together. I was watching some video from their first vlogmas together and he just said: "I don't see this ending well, he already looks uncomfortable with all this "let's-have-a-cup-of-tea-with-my-cat" BS. He will run away in a few months". In the end, he did run away, but after a few years)))

From my side - I started watching her videos about the time when Chris dumped her. If somebody would've told me that this girl who actually acted very composed and seemed to organise her life nicely after that breakup, will, in the end, agree to marry the creepiest creep from Florida swamp after literally knowing him for a month, leave her job, move all of her shit to the swamp, pay for the renovation of that dump he is living in just to get dumped again and wonder state to state hoping to find just any guy to marry, I would've never believed it. Even at those times, she seemed cringy and pretentious, but OMG, it was nothing compared to the trainwreck we see now. Why a privileged, college-educated woman with a nice degree, a significant amount of money in her family and so many opportunities would turn into THIS? (I know, I might have given her way too much credit before, but damn, girl!)
It's been interesting reading male POVs on Elle from everyone's significant others - they've been very telling. I started watching Elle around the same time as you. I came across her channel because I was looking for videos on workwear, make-ahead-lunches for the office, etc. Your point about her privilege is spot on and why I think so many people are frustrated with her. I feel like a lot of people who are privileged are often blind to their own privilege. *shakes head*
I totally agree with you on the privilege. I feel like she could've achieved so much more, but she chose to disolve into any male object she meets in her way and focus in her "designs", which no woman with style will ever wear, even for free

PrePackingPrep
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PrePackingPrep »

Happy Easter to all who celebrate! I realized that this time last year Elle introduced us to Dickles, the man she had been dating for a month who she described as her 'family.' A year has gone by and even though some things have changed, Elle's willingness to latch on to ANY man she can find has remained the same.

Post by Guest »

^^^ANY man, including those who might be officially off the market. She’s a pig.

Which makes me think. Ginette probably spoiled Elle to the point where Elle thinks she can get whatever she wants so long as she works for it. Sadly she feels she can to apply that to her husband hunting, er, finding.

Ccc123000
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Ccc123000 »

PrePackingPrep wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:44 am
Happy Easter to all who celebrate! I realized that this time last year Elle introduced us to Dickles, the man she had been dating for a month who she described as her 'family.' A year has gone by and even though some things have changed, Elle's willingness to latch on to ANY man she can find has remained the same.
Happy Easter!

Ugh, this just sounds so messed up. She needs an intervention.

no_stringss
Talker
Talker

Post by no_stringss »

There is somebody that commented on the live called Aging Gracefully that said she's wearing her Nouvelle Pearl necklace.

What is with these oldies tripping all over themselves to get a tween to notice them? :rofl:

ETA... Watching the comments is more entertaining than the live. One chick keeps asking for Eleanor to pronounce her childhood nickname IN FRENCH :rofl: then you could tell she read this particular comment and totally ignored it (the one that asked if she would be switching to a minimalist lifestyle after covid).

no_stringss
Talker
Talker

Post by no_stringss »

Hahaha omg HIIIII ELEANORRRRR... Jesus she's almost breaking down when talking about why she's staying in Seattle and she's bringing up the whole local business thing... I'm dying of laughter and living for how much we get to her :rofl:

Lurker9000
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Lurker9000 »

Hi. Longtime lurker, first time poster.

I usually will play Elle's vlogmas videos as background noise on Sundays. But, when I went to those playlists today, 95% of the videos were deleted. Funnily enough, vlogmas 2015 is still in tact. Not sure when she did this, but my guess is that it's fairly recent.

Post by Guest »

She’s such a LIAR. She’s never addressed her situation in Seattle EVER. Even her loyal subs are confused about what she’s doing there. She’s never addressed it until now and she never said until now that she wanted to permanently move there. She has a lot of nerve to take umbrage with people asking about it. She never talks about anything personal in her life. Even when she got engaged, she spent like 2-3 minutes tops explaining it. She didn’t even tell anyone she was moving to Florida. She’s a scamming LIAR and a CON, keeping all her personal business close to the vest and only sharing when she’s constantly being bombarded with questions which she finds annoying and intrusive. That’s how she honestly views you aka loyal subscribers. Hear her voice shaking? It’s shaking because she’s uncomfortable and because she’s a lying brat who doesn’t want to be held accountable to ANYONE, least of all the people who gave her a platform in the first place.

Post by Guest »

LIAR! You cannot consider yourself local to Seattle. Do you pay WA State taxes there? No, you don’t. You are staying in a Airbnb as a visitor. Do you have a WA State issued driver’s license or ID card? No, you don’t. Can you vote in the upcoming primary in WA? No, you can’t. You, Eleonore Florence Lecocq, are not a local Seattlite.

Please take your smelly self to Reno and pursue your MRS with Jason. Eleonore Florence Lecocq will go wherever she can secure her next victim boyfriend.

Post by Guest »

I think she blocked me? Did the livestream end and then go private?

drewberry_moore
Debater
Debater

Post by drewberry_moore »

She made the livestream private. And wow to her making almost all the old vlogmas videos private. She usually erases her past vlogs when there's some new guy in the picture and she wants to control the narrative of what a previous relationship looked like.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Canadiangal
Talker
Talker

Post by Canadiangal »

ConsuelaBanana wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:01 pm
Kid you not this woman approaches her dating like she does her shopping.
Excessively browses online, drafting her wishlist imagining jaw dropping reactions a la teen chick-flick makeover reveal movie scenes circa 2004, then grabs the best deal she can get her hands on (note: dickles was more of a bargain bin find than from the luxe section) then shows it off only to have everything look awkward and more like playing dress ups/pretend play, then never keeps her items/men for long. Cue hitting the 'repeat' button.

Also: Hi everyone, been lurking for years and finally decided to take the plunge and join you.
Welcome!

That is so true!!

Post by Guest »

Wow, her YouTube channel is like 70% private videos. She has a playlist called #BrideFlorence... what the hell? Why doesn't she delete those videos? Is there some monetary benefit to keeping them on YouTube?

If her goal is to hide her past from potential boyfriends, then she's not really doing that. Once you Google her real name, all sorts of stuff comes up. Like her business license registered at Rick's address in Florida, or this website. Stuff she can't easily explain away...

Anyways, once you tell someone you do YouTube they will obviously visit the channel and see the weird gaps in her posting and all the hidden videos on her playlists.

Keep on being a fraud, Eleanor/Eleanore Lecocq!

TheObservant_1
Informer
Informer

Post by TheObservant_1 »

Welp, her loss. I used to enjoy some of the vlogmas stuff, particularly all the shopping she did during Joe and SS. If she's going to hide those, she'll lose the YouTube income and spiral and tank. Her downfall is coming, make no mistake.

Be that way, Elle. Just keep being that way, and you'll just keep on your nosedive path to destruction. No one to help. No one to care. Everyone to see your shame and destruction. Feel that pit in your stomach? That's the only thing that will motivate you to change. Ignore it, and no, it will NOT be alright.

stubbssie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by stubbssie »

She basically has to disappear and change her name, which she probably could have done anyways since her last name is lecoq. This is probably what she meant by being made fun of for being "foreign"

winelover
Learner
Learner

Post by winelover »

no_stringss wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:28 am
Hahaha omg HIIIII ELEANORRRRR... Jesus she's almost breaking down when talking about why she's staying in Seattle and she's bringing up the whole local business thing... I'm dying of laughter and living for how much we get to her :rofl:

I'm not surprised she's buckling down and bringing up the local business thing to try and cover her ass. Even in her recent video where she ate the banana bread, which happened after the daily hive fiasco she made it a point to mention in the video that her apartment was furnished and was renting it directly from the leasing company and not airbnb any longer. Whether that's true or not, she for sure mentioned it in that video to try and make it seem like she was a local and that was HER apartment to prove those daily hive comments wrong. :roll:

Why did she say she was staying in Seattle? I didn't watch any of the livestream and don't see it on her channel either.

winelover
Learner
Learner

Post by winelover »

poshspice88 wrote: She’s such a LIAR. She’s never addressed her situation in Seattle EVER. Even her loyal subs are confused about what she’s doing there. She’s never addressed it until now and she never said until now that she wanted to permanently move there. She has a lot of nerve to take umbrage with people asking about it. She never talks about anything personal in her life. Even when she got engaged, she spent like 2-3 minutes tops explaining it. She didn’t even tell anyone she was moving to Florida. She’s a scamming LIAR and a CON, keeping all her personal business close to the vest and only sharing when she’s constantly being bombarded with questions which she finds annoying and intrusive. That’s how she honestly views you aka loyal subscribers. Hear her voice shaking? It’s shaking because she’s uncomfortable and because she’s a lying brat who doesn’t want to be held accountable to ANYONE, least of all the people who gave her a platform in the first place.

Yeah, every time she post a new video there will be a few comments being confused as to why she's in Seattle, why she's not in Florida and where is her fiancé. She had that video in Hawaii where she addressed it but shortly after posting it, she deleted it so naturally everyone is going to be confused as to what she's doing. She only ever said in her videos she was going to Seattle for a month and even then she had NO REASON for going there and she has never mentioned wanting to stay there! She's an idiot and she's deleting stuff/ hiding things because she doesn't want to be seen for who she truly is by even more people. Then how will she scam people out of money for her ugly shit?

I wonder why she privated her livestream.

Return to “Elle Florence”