Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Lucy "Uploads Once In A Blue" Moon / MeowItsAnotherDayOff - Part 4

Post by BrideOfFrankenstein »

HaveSomeMilk wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 10:46 am
her body is fine rn and she seems to do regular exercise (I wonder if the girl living as the house Lucy's bf does is quite a motivating influence when it comes to things like exercise?)

But she dresses less flatteringly than she used to. Not that she dressed uber stylish before but maybe she was more comfortable with clothes that fit tighter then and now she dresses a bit awkwardly for my tastes.
Yeah those trousers she insists on wearing look so unflattering on her (probably because she's pear-shaped). But ya know, if she likes wearing them, whatever.

I think her body looks fine rn too.. And 3 years is a long time, a lot can happen to your body in a couple of years. I wouldn't be surprised if her increased alcohol consumption has something to do with it though. If you go from (apparently) not drinking, to drinking every day, there's a big chance you blow up a bit. Also, I missed the post on her insta, but if what you guys say is true: I can't believe she has the audacity to promote alcohol after her apparent history with it! If she wants to promote things like that she should delete every alcohol-problem-related video she's ever done because imo it's not her place anymore to talk and give advice about stuff like that.

Edit to say: I just reread the previous page on this thread and I could've sworn you guys mentioned Lucy promoting alcohol/an alcohol brand on her insta? But now I can't find anything about it anymore. Am I going crazy? :')

witchpaws
Informer
Informer

Post by witchpaws »

BrideOfFrankenstein wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 2:28 pm
Edit to say: I just reread the previous page on this thread and I could've sworn you guys mentioned Lucy promoting alcohol/an alcohol brand on her insta? But now I can't find anything about it anymore. Am I going crazy? :')
I think the site crashed on Sunday and when they restored it a tonne of posts from over the weekend had vanished, I've noticed it on some other threads too

HaveSomeMilk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by HaveSomeMilk »

Thoughts on the new vid:

I'm really over her bitching about her diet while living at her bfs flat. Sure they all take turns cooking dinners together so she can't always choose what she's eating but the rest of your day is down to you? It's literally on you if you're eating predominantly "unhealthy" food all the time. Although she often puts on her story what other people make and it doesn't even look so unhealthy? It's just homely filling food.

And to keep going on about how much healthier she feels eating veggie, but when people ask why she isn't veggie suddenly thats a personal attack.

She got burnt out from putting up two videos in a week...

Really hate that dress she got from Glameramo apologies if anyone here rates it but the way Lucy styles it is bizarre at best

I understand there may well be a good reason why she chose to shelter in place at her BFs rather than at her place but the only reason she told us was an anxiety reason so if thats the case couldn't her bf shelter at her flat with her instead? surely it would make better sense as there are fewer people living there so the chance of viral contraction is reduced slightly. Or is she not actually anxious about getting it and just anxious about financial stuff.

I will say I empathise with her bf on the Hospital trips. I spent two separate days in hospital last week and it just really drilled home how fucked everything is right now.

Ooh, a section about hate. Interesting.
I actually really disagree that there are forums for every woman on the internet.. Let alone that there are active forums for every woman on the internet. She's talking about all this because of the Imogenation stuff thats happened this last week. From reading up about what was actually going on, a lot of it isn't even bullying it's people wondering why they got blocked for asking about where Imo got her cosmetic filler or telling their side of the story after Imogen made story times about quite deep events her former friends have gone through.

Idk I wonder what you guys think of that segment.

lauraalice
Learner
Learner

Post by lauraalice »

HaveSomeMilk wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 5:42 am
Thoughts on the new vid:

I'm really over her bitching about her diet while living at her bfs flat. Sure they all take turns cooking dinners together so she can't always choose what she's eating but the rest of your day is down to you? It's literally on you if you're eating predominantly "unhealthy" food all the time. Although she often puts on her story what other people make and it doesn't even look so unhealthy? It's just homely filling food.

And to keep going on about how much healthier she feels eating veggie, but when people ask why she isn't veggie suddenly thats a personal attack.

She got burnt out from putting up two videos in a week...

Really hate that dress she got from Glameramo apologies if anyone here rates it but the way Lucy styles it is bizarre at best

I understand there may well be a good reason why she chose to shelter in place at her BFs rather than at her place but the only reason she told us was an anxiety reason so if thats the case couldn't her bf shelter at her flat with her instead? surely it would make better sense as there are fewer people living there so the chance of viral contraction is reduced slightly. Or is she not actually anxious about getting it and just anxious about financial stuff.

I will say I empathise with her bf on the Hospital trips. I spent two separate days in hospital last week and it just really drilled home how fucked everything is right now.

Ooh, a section about hate. Interesting.
I actually really disagree that there are forums for every woman on the internet.. Let alone that there are active forums for every woman on the internet. She's talking about all this because of the Imogenation stuff thats happened this last week. From reading up about what was actually going on, a lot of it isn't even bullying it's people wondering why they got blocked for asking about where Imo got her cosmetic filler or telling their side of the story after Imogen made story times about quite deep events her former friends have gone through.

Idk I wonder what you guys think of that segment.
The hate segment kind of rubbed me the wrong way. I completely understand that for other creators, it is taken too far and becomes a personal attack, and some things that are said to Lucy can be a bit mean. However, it appears to me that for the vast majority of creators (especially lucy) the "hate" appears to be more of a critique or holding them accountable. But it is a lot easier for creators to label it all "hate" than to admit that they have made mistakes or could improve.

dragonslayer456
Lurker
Lurker

Post by dragonslayer456 »

Is anyone else concerned with how much Lucy appears to be drinking?

I had a drinking problem, and as someone the same age as Lucy, her video on alcohol (Hi, I'm Lucy) really helped me. I related to so much of what she said, and can't help but feel we were quite similar in how we drank and reacted to alcohol. I'm sober now, and it worries me that she's... very much not sober. Especially during these times.

witchpaws
Informer
Informer

Post by witchpaws »

She keeps referring to forums like these as bullying, which I don't think it is, she's a public figure people are going to talk about her and not all of its going to be nice. The people who are screenshoting nasty comments and sending them to her are crossing a line, and obviously anyone trying to doxx her is scum. But the people who are just talking about Lucy with no intention of her ever reading it aren't bullying her.
A trans youtuber Contrapoints talked about coming across a forum where people were tearing apart her appearance and discussing how she didn't 'pass' as a woman, and she became obsessed with checking it and reading every horrible comment about herself. But she never described these people as bullying her, she instead described the act of her going to those forums as digital self harm. And Contrapoints is no stranger to being a target of online hate campaigns.

HaveSomeMilk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by HaveSomeMilk »

dragonslayer456 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 9:21 am

I had a drinking problem, and as someone the same age as Lucy, her video on alcohol (Hi, I'm Lucy) really helped me. I related to so much of what she said, and can't help but feel we were quite similar in how we drank and reacted to alcohol. I'm sober now, and it worries me that she's... very much not sober. Especially during these times.
There were definitely a lot of nights where she's having at least one glass or two of an evening to wind down.

I think she excuses that because she's staying inside so much it's hard to wind down from that without the wine and I guess also the people she lives with now are probably quite happy to have a beer of an evening with dinner or whatever so she's having drinks more often.

BrideOfFrankenstein
Gossiper
Gossiper

dragonslayer456 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 9:21 am

Honestly I couldn't care less how much she drinks, it's her own choice at this point.

I am, however, worried for people with actual alcohol problems being comforted and inspired by her ''Hi I'm Lucy'' video, but then not long after coming across a video of her saying she needs at least one glass of wine a day to ''wind down''. Like I said, imo she should remove that old video (which she won't because money). She now denies she ever had a problem (not just by actually drinking on camera, she basically verbally confirmed it as well), so it's not her place anymore to talk about alcohol problems.

dragonslayer456
Lurker
Lurker

Post by dragonslayer456 »

BrideOfFrankenstein wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 2:35 pm

Honestly I couldn't care less how much she drinks, it's her own choice at this point.

I am, however, worried for people with actual alcohol problems being comforted and inspired by her ''Hi I'm Lucy'' video, but then not long after coming across a video of her saying she needs at least one glass of wine a day to ''wind down''. Like I said, imo she should remove that old video (which she won't because money). She now denies she ever had a problem (not just by actually drinking on camera, she basically verbally confirmed it as well), so it's not her place anymore to talk about alcohol problems.

I agree; if she doesn't identify anymore as someone who has a drinking problem or issues around alcohol, then whatever. It's her life. But keeping the "Hi, I'm Lucy" video up and public while she continues to drink is, at best, pathetically hypocritical, and at worst, dangerous. A lot of people can relate to that video, and I genuinely think it has helped a lot of people (myself included). It worries me that she continues to normalise alcohol use after identifying and discussing her problematic drinking habits.

BrideOfFrankenstein
Gossiper
Gossiper

It's finally come to a point where I can't even hate-watch her anymore. Every video she's uploaded during the past months - and even before that - has just been her majorly privileged ass moaning about how hard her life is. Of course you're allowed to complain when you're privileged, but in every. single. video? I get it, her mental health isn't the greatest (apparently), but neither is mine and I at least try to stay positive, whereas Lucy just complains and moans until the wheels fall off. It's so fucking off-putting.. almost gross (for lack of a better word lol). I mean, she has plenty of money (even though she claims she hasn't), she's had the chance to go to uni (which apparently didn't relativize her world view at all?), she lives in a nice appartment in London of all places, she didn't grow up poor or in a horrible family or anything, she has nice friends and a boyfriend, she has access to good (mental) health care.. and all she can do is COMPLAIN. I know she's not the only youtuber who complains a lot, but she's definitely one of the worst as far as I've seen.

Tldr; damn Lucy, check your privilege and shut the hell up.

queensharon
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by queensharon »

Hi, first time posting here!
I found her ~~realisations~~ video so ridiculous for multiple. she basically talks about the revelation that exercising helps you sleep better, eating well makes you not feel like crap... who knew??
Also, she realised she needs a 'higher purpose'. Congratulations for realising that your job is vacuous and pointless I guess?

blue_bird
Learner
Learner

Post by blue_bird »

Can we also talk about how many adverts she has in her 20 minute videos?
Screenshot_20200614-102023.png
She had an Insta story a little while ago saying she didn't realise how many there were because she pays for YouTube premium but that's bullshit. Other people have fewer ads in longer videos and I watch a lot of fitness content on YouTube and they often make sure that the ad doesn't interrupt a circuit. And if she's ~just realised this~ then reduce the number of ads. Smh, even TV shows don't have ads *this* frequently.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

witchpaws
Informer
Informer

Post by witchpaws »

That kind of thing just pushes people to use adblock

Lovecat90
Learner
Learner

Post by Lovecat90 »

Yesterday she posted about Patreon and asked for feedback on 'content creators' using subscription-based models. She asked how much you would pay per month - she suggested "like, the price of a coffee!" Did anyone see?

I literally ripped into her and told her to fucking sort herself out. She gets paid to shill crap to her audience - why should we pay her for that privilege? If I'm going to pay anyone for their content, it's not going to be a rich middle-class white girl with an alcohol problem. So tone deaf.

Lammergeier
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Lammergeier »

Most of her latest tweets are hilarious

1. a rant about how she can’t find clothes that fit because everything’s made for size 6 people. Not only is this absurd (from experience, many shops don’t even sell less than size 8 at all, so I doubt they’re designing for size 6...), when someone points out she’s not exactly plus size she snaps at them and then apologises because of “period brain” :roll:

2. asking her to produce worthwhile content instead of yet another chatty grwm is sexist and invalidating (I guess this will be the same even if you’re paying...)

3. no comment required!

witchpaws
Informer
Informer

Post by witchpaws »

Lovecat90 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:09 pm
Yesterday she posted about Patreon and asked for feedback on 'content creators' using subscription-based models. She asked how much you would pay per month - she suggested "like, the price of a coffee!" Did anyone see?

I literally ripped into her and told her to fucking sort herself out. She gets paid to shill crap to her audience - why should we pay her for that privilege? If I'm going to pay anyone for their content, it's not going to be a rich middle-class white girl with an alcohol problem. So tone deaf.
I almost replied to that. I support several youtubers on Patreon, but they're all creators who make videos that take a lot of effort to produce. Usually long form video essays that have a serious amount of research put in, they make it entertaining, funny and educational, and some of them have sets, costumes and hire people to act, and help film and edit. And because some of these creators deal with sensitive subjects they get demonetized constantly and rarely get sponsorships. They're the kind of creators I'll happily give the price of a coffee to. Not someone who makes low effort vlogs with ten mid rolls and has recently stated their next few videos are all spons

I can't imagine anyone would sub to her Patreon, what perks could she even offer? She can't do early access cause she uploads last minute. Commentary and outtakes would be boring AF. I can't see her being comfortable with AMA livestreams...

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

I’m curious as to why Lucy believes all replies to her tweets must be constructive or helpful? Like... why? She acts like she’s a brand and is all about business deals etc etc but she only wants to be treated as a brand sometimes when it benefits a point she’s trying to make— usually about why her work is late or bad. But if it’s the audience interacting with her brand in a somewhat challenging way on Twitter, well then she’s just a girl and you need to be fair and kind and she’s menstruating, etc., and how dare you and gluten intolerant. Lucy, If you’re earning money off this weird self-display/Influencer thing, you’ve made yourself a brand to be consumed. People will talk about you as a brand, will dislike you as a brand, will question you as the brand. If you just want to be some average person on social media, go do that.

Also I’m confused, is it difficult to read 3 full pages of something now? Is that considered heavy reading? Is Lucy aware that people turn around projects regularly in less than a day, let alone 3 entire days dedicated to one project? And the end result will be you on your bed with a mug of tea talking about some new app for locating tampons?

BrideOfFrankenstein
Gossiper
Gossiper

Lamour88 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:50 am
I’m curious as to why Lucy believes all replies to her tweets must be constructive or helpful? Like... why? She acts like she’s a brand and is all about business deals etc etc but she only wants to be treated as a brand sometimes when it benefits a point she’s trying to make— usually about why her work is late or bad. But if it’s the audience interacting with her brand in a somewhat challenging way on Twitter, well then she’s just a girl and you need to be fair and kind and she’s menstruating, etc., and how dare you and gluten intolerant. Lucy, If you’re earning money off this weird self-display/Influencer thing, you’ve made yourself a brand to be consumed. People will talk about you as a brand, will dislike you as a brand, will question you as the brand. If you just want to be some average person on social media, go do that.

Also I’m confused, is it difficult to read 3 full pages of something now? Is that considered heavy reading? Is Lucy aware that people turn around projects regularly in less than a day, let alone 3 entire days dedicated to one project? And the end result will be you on your bed with a mug of tea talking about some new app for locating tampons?
Yeah I didn't get that complaint either.. She posted something like ''(...) especially when that project involves reading 3 pages in size 14 font'' or something like that? ..What is she getting at? A size 14 font is pretty big? Most documents are size 12 right? So with a bigger font it's even less reading you have to do. And 3 pages is not a lot anyway, especially for something who pretentiously likes to boast about how much she loves reading even though she doesn't get to do it a lot. Maybe she meant that the brand gave her 3 pages of requirements for her #ad to get approved? But if that's the case she worded it incorrectly, and in a way that just makes her seem like a lazy slug.

Monster_Guru33
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Monster_Guru33 »

Currently watching her 12 looks in 12 minutes video (is this a thing?) and some of her fashion choices are...a discussion.

One outfit basically consists of her throwing a work shirt on over her looking like she just shagged her bf and threw one of his shirts on the morning after.

But yeah, it's wild. Let me know what you all think.

damnita
Learner
Learner

Post by damnita »

Monster_Guru33 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:52 am
Currently watching her 12 looks in 12 minutes video (is this a thing?) and some of her fashion choices are...a discussion.

One outfit basically consists of her throwing a work shirt on over her looking like she just shagged her bf and threw one of his shirts on the morning after.

But yeah, it's wild. Let me know what you all think.
I saw the video superficially (22 minutes is too long) and I think she could have taken so much more advantage of the idea by limiting her options beforehand, making a kind of "capsule wardrobe" and from there putting together outfits that made sense or were visually appealing because almost all of them were a bit trash

Irrelevant and superficial comment: Ufff I wish I had her pear shape
El inglés no es mi primer idioma, sorry for the shitty grammar

Return to “Lucy Moon”