JustAGirlx
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Re: Whitney SimmonZzZ: It's a beautiful day to be boring! - Part 5

Post by JustAGirlx »

jnkgossip wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:42 pm
Almost all of her collection sold out in like 10 minutes & people are pissed on gymshark's page as usual. It's not whit's fault but she had to know it was gonna sell out that quick regardless wether or not gymshark had "more stock this time" Wonder if she's gonna cry about it on her instagram story again
Let's not forget that she was kind of smug on her IG story yesterday, letting everyone know that it was a limited edition and telling everyone proudly that Gymshark has a lot of stock. Which clearly isn't the case everything sold out within a minute and items were listed on the site 2 minutes before the release time. Gymshark and Whitney are a mess.

Notice how radio silent Whitney and Gymshark are right now. Whitney is probably upset again..

Healthyish85
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by Healthyish85 »

i wonder if a lot of it is some people buying tons of stock to resale at a higher price on poshmark. they should set limits on how much any one person can buy

Xoxogossipcurl
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Xoxogossipcurl »

I just looked at Poshmark and most post are iso, but there are already posts for the sports bra at over $100 and the leggings for over $125 it’s insane how they let this happen

Justhereforthis
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Justhereforthis »

How much people were talking about it for ages alone drove me off of the line let alone how annoying the business model is. Agree with someone above. Their business model terrible and is one reason I’ve never gotten anything from them. Leggings are also not worth fighting over. I’ve seen too many girls on whits fb busy during the launch but trying to figure out how to get them. Someone even told one of them to find a friend to wake up at 4am for them and friends should do that. I would never ask a friend to disrupt her sleep for some damn leggings.

curleecrimp
Debater
Debater

Post by curleecrimp »

Justhereforthis wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:09 am
How much people were talking about it for ages alone drove me off of the line let alone how annoying the business model is. Agree with someone above. Their business model terrible and is one reason I’ve never gotten anything from them. Leggings are also not worth fighting over. I’ve seen too many girls on whits fb busy during the launch but trying to figure out how to get them. Someone even told one of them to find a friend to wake up at 4am for them and friends should do that. I would never ask a friend to disrupt her sleep for some damn leggings.
It drives me bonkers how every single GS athlete hypes up launches like Whitney’s which inevitably just pisses off people who wanted stuff and ended up with nothing. I agree, it’s a piss poor business model and the constant forcing their athletes to hype everything up is just annoying. It’s turned me off to the brand.

Side note, 2019 was my year of trying a ton of different activewear and of all the stuff I got, my Gymshark items were my least favorite. I prefer Old Navy Active to Gymshark any day.

Jkl1600
Learner
Learner

Post by Jkl1600 »

jnkgossip wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:42 pm
Almost all of her collection sold out in like 10 minutes & people are pissed on gymshark's page as usual. It's not whit's fault but she had to know it was gonna sell out that quick regardless wether or not gymshark had "more stock this time" Wonder if she's gonna cry about it on her instagram story again
I have beef with Gymshark but I really did want the leggings in Amazon. I was on the site 6 minutes after launch and that color was sold out in everything. I highly doubt that they thought that color wouldn't sell. If they're going to make people fight over some stupid leggings the least they could do is not launch on a Thursday when people have work or school.

Gossipmedium
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gossipmedium »

I used to love Gymshark until I saw how they operate. The second Nikki B line drop I saved up money and even had co worker cover me so that I could buy the item and without having to sneak away from my patients only to have everything I wanted in my cart and in the middle of paying it was all sold out so I only got three items. That was the time I was done with them. All that hype and they still haven’t figured a way to stop items from selling out during payment. I haven’t bought from them since. I did like Whitney’s line but I knew it wasn’t going to last as usual and looks like I was right.

super awesome
Talker
Talker

Post by super awesome »

I’m in England, and just like last time, there is quite a bit of stock left, especially the black items (presumably they ordered more of that colour in the first place). This morning (2nd November), I grabbed the bra and leggings in Cyber Red, and the shorts in black, all in size small.

fritzness
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fritzness »

Their business model is manufactured scarcity to keep it "exclusive". It's absolutely designed that way. I like their stuff but it's why I don't bother to pay attention to them. I don't like being stressed out just so i can get some cute leggings. I'll just wear Champion leggings from Target, it's just not worth the stress to try to finish my transaction on time. I'm not tryna get seats to a P!nk concert here, it's just freaking leggings.

I HATE that business model, and it's a shame it's becoming so popular among clothing lines like these.

angelt
Learner
Learner

Post by angelt »

Loads of comments on Gymshark and Gymshark Women’s posts about customers having their Whitney orders cancelled after being charged and receiving shipped notifications 😨

Justhereforthis
Lurker
Lurker

angelt wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:20 pm
Loads of comments on Gymshark and Gymshark Women’s posts about customers having their Whitney orders cancelled after being charged and receiving shipped notifications 😨
I saw that. Pretty crazy that that is happening. I just can’t believe gymshark ever became a huge thing with them doing stuff like this.

Cutecumber
Informer
Informer

Post by Cutecumber »

Are her and Stefan still together? Why doesn’t she ever wear her ring?

Jkl1600
Learner
Learner

Post by Jkl1600 »

Cutecumber wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:58 pm
It looks like she's wearing her ring in every post except for her workout ones. Kinda hard to see since her right hand is usually the one front and center but it's on in all her reels. Makes sense not to wear it to the gym, don't want it to get damaged. Plus they're just annoying to work out with on.

jnkgossip
Informer
Informer

Post by jnkgossip »

I ordered from Whitney's collection since I haven't ordered from gymshark since last year and the gyms are back open in my area. I got the pink & cherry chocolate high rise leggings in small and the pink sports bra in medium.(I'm a size 4-6 in pants and 34 bust) The leggings aren't flattering at all I'm super disappointed. They aren't as high waisted as I would like, high rise but not as high rise as Lulu aligns. They're also very thin with noooo tummy control whatsoever and EXTREME camel toe. I just feel like gymshark's leggings keep getting thinner and thinner where you can see every little lump and bump so if you're not ripped and a size 2 it's not gonna be that flattering. Pretty upset :(

Labrat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Labrat »

I don't get the hype. I get all my active wear from Marshalls and Amazon 😅 even if I had the money, I'd probably go for Lululemon

Justhereforthis
Lurker
Lurker

Labrat wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:48 pm
I don't get the hype. I get all my active wear from Marshalls and Amazon 😅 even if I had the money, I'd probably go for Lululemon
I use to work at Marshall’s so would get all my leggings from there because that was also when I started working out. Maybe 2ish years after that I realized one day none of them were squat proof lmao after that moved up to Victoria secret which wasn’t cheap but not bad. I actually still wear a pair from VS which has lasted at least five years if not more. I like gymsharks style a bit here and there, but with how much people complain about the quality I am weary. Never had leggings rip on me so why would I spend 60 dollars on ones that are known to rip.
Plus yah the business model is terrible.

Labrat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Labrat »

Justhereforthis wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:57 am
Labrat wrote:
I use to work at Marshall’s so would get all my leggings from there because that was also when I started working out. Maybe 2ish years after that I realized one day none of them were squat proof lmao after that moved up to Victoria secret which wasn’t cheap but not bad. I actually still wear a pair from VS which has lasted at least five years if not more. I like gymsharks style a bit here and there, but with how much people complain about the quality I am weary. Never had leggings rip on me so why would I spend 60 dollars on ones that are known to rip.
Plus yah the business model is terrible.
Yeah I have to try them on and do the squat test in front of the mirror because they're very hit or miss

wilmadawn
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wilmadawn »

Labrat wrote:
i dont spend any more than $20-$30 on a piece of workout attire. why is everyone so obsessed with leggings anyway? i find running shorts so much better to move in-even though I'm a runner i still lift weights and always wear shorts.

Cutecumber
Informer
Informer

Post by Cutecumber »

Jkl1600 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:18 am
Cutecumber wrote:
It looks like she's wearing her ring in every post except for her workout ones. Kinda hard to see since her right hand is usually the one front and center but it's on in all her reels. Makes sense not to wear it to the gym, don't want it to get damaged. Plus they're just annoying to work out with on.
Every post? I see her ring in like... one or two posts...

Jkl1600
Learner
Learner

Post by Jkl1600 »

Cutecumber wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:16 pm
Jkl1600 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:18 am
Cutecumber wrote:
Every post? I see her ring in like... one or two posts...
Well seeing as most of her posts are at the gym even if it's on every time she's not there, it's still only like one or two. It's in her psoriasis post & in both her reels for her collection. Doesn't look like it was in the Toluca collection but that might be because it's swimwear or she doesn't wear it for professional photos.

Return to “Health & Fitness Influencers”