Sierra McCarthy: Tik Tok, Make It Stop - Part 10

as_so
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0

Re: Sierra McCarthy: Tik Tok, Make It Stop - Part 10

Post by as_so »

Do you all think if you were in Stephen’s shoes that you would feel somewhat powerless and resentful of Sierra? She has all the power in this situation and she is making choices that will impact their future regarding children. I know I would feel that way.

Denise0211
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Denise0211 »

123cp wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:46 am
Denise0211 wrote:Sounds like a chemical pregnancy like Meghan Leigh had. Sorry for Sierra, hope she takes a good amt of time off.
Megan never had a chemical pregnancy. She tested early (before she was due for her period), had oxidized tests tell her she was pregnant, and then got her period when she was due.

Sierra was seven weeks pregnant and likely had it confirmed by a doctor. This is a legit miscarriage and I can’t even imagine how devastated her and her husband are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah...someone already mentioned this. Read ahead before a lecture. That said, since people want to open up the "real talk." A miscarriage so early is common AF. That is why most couples are super reserved and are also advised not to reveal until 10-12 weeks. I'm sure it is sad yeah. I'm sorry for people it happens to, but it is nothing so unusual. Call me when she miscarries at 19 weeks like my friend, or has a stillborn twin premature at 30 weeks like another. So, sorry for SiSi but maybe now she can get control of her life, off social media preferably.

I'm out of this thread for a while bc "if you can't say something nice" and all.

Lilalo
Learner
Learner

Post by Lilalo »

I sincerely feel for Sierra and her husband. Sierra's untreated mental illness must be making this even more difficult in such an awful situation.

On a completely separate note, is this her most like Instagram post ever?

laesterschwester142
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by laesterschwester142 »

Damn this thread is an uncomfortable place right now.

The fact that she's fat doesn't make the experience less painful or possibly traumatic for her. And just because she's fat doesn't mean she's less deserving of empathy.

Pregnancy loss hurts no matter if you're 100 lbs or 300 lbs.

It's honestly a little nauseating that she gets blamed for what she's going through. And rest assured people also love to shit on women who miscarry who happen to be skinny, very active, very sedentary etc. This just fits the pattern of people shitting all over women for something they can't change after the fact.

laesterschwester142
Learner
Learner

Post by laesterschwester142 »

Also, "she has PCOS so she should have expected it/prepared for this"? I don't think any of the women with PCOS I know go into a pregnancy expecting a miscarriage, and none of them feel less sad about it.

backagain12
Debater
Debater

Post by backagain12 »

as_so wrote:
Do you all think if you were in Stephen’s shoes that you would feel somewhat powerless and resentful of Sierra? She has all the power in this situation and she is making choices that will impact their future regarding children. I know I would feel that way.
Wtf is this comment. Of course not. This miscarriage is not entirely her fault. She does have PCOS which complicates things. Why he be resentful when he wants the exact same thing as her? Sierra does need to get her health in check but at the same time you cannot assume her weight is the only factor in the equation. By that logic a thin person would never miscarry but it occurs. This is weird to say, a spouse should always be supportive.

as_so
Talker
Talker

Post by as_so »

backagain12 wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:44 am
as_so wrote:
Wtf is this comment. Of course not. This miscarriage is not entirely her fault. She does have PCOS which complicates things. Why he be resentful when he wants the exact same thing as her? Sierra does need to get her health in check but at the same time you cannot assume her weight is the only factor in the equation. By that logic a thin person would never miscarry but it occurs. This is weird to say, a spouse should always be supportive.
Is that what I said? Jesus Christ y’all are too sensitive. I was not referring to the miscarriage. I was referring to her being obese, having an untreated mental illness, and not managing her PCOS and doing nothing to solve those problem that are very much manageable if you WANT TO. Obviously these things make it difficult for her to get and maintain a pregnancy, which are all these that have been discussed before if you’ve been around long enough, which you clearly haven’t. Don’t jump to conclusions with your “holier than thou” attitude. This entire thread has gotten ridiculous. I’ve been here since pretty much the first thread on SiSi and it’s pretty much unbearable now since a bunch of snowflakes joined. If you want somewhere to talk about your pretty princess feelings and want people to be nice to you, try MomsClub.com. I’m out. Peace friends!
Last edited by as_so on Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

backagain12
Debater
Debater

Post by backagain12 »

as_so wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:56 am
backagain12 wrote:
as_so wrote:
Is that what I said? Jesus Christ y’all are too sensitive. I was not referring to the miscarriage. I was referring to her being obese, having an untreated mental illness, and not managing her PCOS and doing nothing to solve those problem that are very much manageable if you WANT TO. Obviously these things make it difficult for her to get and maintain a pregnancy, which are all these that have been discussed before if you’ve been around long enough, which you clearly haven’t. Don’t jump to conclusions with your “holier than thou” attitude. This entire thread has gotten ridiculous. I’ve been here since pretty much the first thread on SiSi and it’s pretty much unbearable now since a bunch of snowflakes joined. If you want somewhere to talk about your pretty princess feelings and want people to be nice to you, try MomsClub.com. I’m out. Peace friends!
Your reasoning behind why he should be resentful towards Sierra are still stupid in light of her recent miscarriage. You clearly can’t handle a different opinion and so I see you as the snowflake. Bye bitch !

backagain12
Debater
Debater

Post by backagain12 »

Gurugossiping wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:20 am
Please remember that a miscarriage is a very serious thing. We're not gossiping about something petty now, you're talking about a loss of life and a very painful experience. Regardless of how you feel about Sierra, have some human decency and watch what you say.

If you're blessed enough to have never experienced a miscarriage, consider yourself lucky but remember that this is a real-life issue and some people, such as Sierra, aren't as lucky.
Exactly. That’s why I called out that other user for implying that Stephen should feel resentful and powerless towards Sierra. What the actual fuck? Does that sound like the appropriate reaction a spouse should have right after a miscarriage?! 😂

rosegoldenkitten
Debater
Debater

Post by rosegoldenkitten »

backagain12 wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:44 am
as_so wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:56 am
backagain12 wrote:
as_so wrote:
Your reasoning behind why he should be resentful towards Sierra are still stupid in light of her recent miscarriage. You clearly can’t handle a different opinion and so I see you as the snowflake. Bye bitch !
Jesus what? YOU'RE being the snowflake. All that person was saying is that Sierra isn't doing anything to make her getting pregnant easier given her diagnosis and that's FACT (we've all said she's making it harder by not losing weight, etc.) and wondering whether her husband is frustrated or resentful that she refuses to do the things she should under the guide of bOdY pOsitiVITy. I would sure as hell be frustrated too if my SO wasn't doing EVERYTHING in their power. Does that mean it's all her fault? Absolutely not. No one said that. Should be still be supporting her and loving her through this tough time. Of course. Again, no one said those feelings are mutually exclusive.

berrymonster
Debater
Debater

Post by berrymonster »

as_so wrote:
Idk why you're getting hate for this, if I'm reading correctly I think what you're saying is basically that Stephen may know deep down that they should not be trying for a baby at this time considering Sierra's physical and mental health issues, but that he feel powerless to say that to her because he knows she would freak out. And he knows that her health during the pregnancy will affect the child's health long-term, but any mention of that would just be perceived as "fat shaming." If that's what you mean, I completely agree. Any future children are just as much his as they are Sierra's, he wants them to be healthy and wants Sierra to have a healthy pregnancy and sees that that's not likely with the way things are right now.

abahney
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by abahney »

laesterschwester142 wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:21 am
Also, "she has PCOS so she should have expected it/prepared for this"? I don't think any of the women with PCOS I know go into a pregnancy expecting a miscarriage, and none of them feel less sad about it.
🙄🙄🙄

No.

It's a well known and well documented fact about infertility and PCOS. With a diagnosis you need to be far more mentality prepared for this to happen. Anyone that gets pregnant with PCOS and thinks it's going to be smoothe sailing is deluded.

I never said she should have expected it. Because that's just fucking dark. But she should have been far more mentality prepared that it's a possibility.

Frankly, she should be happy it was only 7 weeks. That's barely anything. Later term miscarriage (we are talking an actual baby to be held) is also unfortunately in the realm of normal with PCOS.

abahney
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by abahney »

^^^

Since I can't edit now...

One more thing.

The fact she didn't even seem like she thought this could happen is so deluded on her part. She seems so shocked, like it's so out of left field. It just shows her amount of misplaced hubris in the whole situation.

She got pregnant and thought the job was fucking done

No. Just no.

diomia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by diomia »

She seems pretty reluctant,in general, to admit her condition causes problems if it doesn't benefit her (weight gain/acne excuses) I'm sure she didn't think it could happen. I don't know. I don't think what I'm trying to convey is coming across well. She wants to own up to the "good" parts of it: "it's not my fault I gained weight!" but not the bad parts.

VickyS
Informer
Informer

Post by VickyS »

I’m most concerned about her non treated mental health going into this journey. Yes is hard , I would know, I have been trying for more than 3 years now and the pain of not being able to be a mother is excruciating, now that’s me without a mental disorder , imagine how it’s for her right now since she says her highs are really high and lows are really low . But putting that aside , what if she would have had the baby? Postpartum depression is also a possibility, of course , for anyone but I would think more for her since she already has bipolar disorder . She is not thinking ahead at all! For the good of her baby or her . My aunt got postpartum depression and she literally couldn’t even hold her baby or see her, my uncle (well ex uncle since they got divorced later on ) took care of her . She is 16 now and has a lot of issues feeling unloved ,rejected and over all an unexplained loneliness. That’s because she grew up feeling that reject from her who had postpartum depression and couldn’t even get off bed or even feed her daughter . Then it also destroyed her marriage because If you think about it , yes the husband should be there and support her wife but it’s also hard on them, it’s hard that they have to deal with all that stuff and not knowing how to help, or having to sit thru it without her wanting to look for help. It piles up and they are human too, they are allowed to feel like they can’t carry the weight anymore . So Sierra should also think of Steven. He looks like a great guy really sweet and supportive but that doesn’t mean he is immune to feeling frustration too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Sierra Schultzzie”