Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Fashion Week D-Lister InTheFakeSustainabilityTrain - Part 6

Post by palmer »

Mixedbaby wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:16 pm
Surely this must be a lie?
I feel like she's low key becoming a compulsive liar lately lol. She keeps lying or strongly exaggerating things in an obvious effort to pretend like she's still relevant. Can't tell if she's trying to convince us or herself, but everything she says comes across as extreme overcompensation to me. You can tell she's kind of panicking, and is acting completely manic as a result.

Rosie34567
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567 »

"Almost" being the operative word. :lol: Lol so it didn't actually get to the point of "breaking the website." She's totally exaggerating/lying and just saying it for attention.

She's so pathetic. Technically anyone who sells something online has the potential to ALMOST (not quite lol) break the website. :roll: Twisted Vicky, yet again...

Mixedbaby
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Mixedbaby »

I LOVE how low her view count is lately :D Patricia has 7 times her views in the same timespan, she must be seething :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lurkingin94123
Talker
Talker

Post by lurkingin94123 »

Mixedbaby wrote:Surely this must be a lie?
It is. And she’s a month or so behind LEM hocking Code8 sh*t. How far old Vic has fallen from her Gleam days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mixedbaby
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Mixedbaby »

Oh pleaaaase! What a poser :FU:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

arrogantraspberry
Learner
Learner

Post by arrogantraspberry »

dengdengdeng wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:16 pm
In her latest vlog where she is sponsored by Code 8, why does she seemed so surprised by the products? Shouldnt she at least have give it a test run first before giving it her approval and accept the sponsorship instead of doing a sponsored first impressions on a brand that she has never used before?

All the lies.

I was cringing throughout the vid of how influences make their money, first she categorizes herself as a content creator and justifies it by saying that she doesnt feel she solely influences people to buy buy buy. And she proceeds to contradict that by saying that she deserves a commission by "inspiring a purchase". Inspiring is just another word for influencing. How dense do you think your viewers are? So much self praise. So much contradiction and manipulation whenever it suits her.

She says the affiliate link can give her maybe 15%, 10%, 5%, etc. Usually it's around 8-10%. If we take 10% per item as commission she has sold per item, and this is a "premium" channel we're talking about and items on average costs £300, and she gave an example of a white knitted top that she sold 120 of in that week. Taking 10% multiply by £300 will give you £30 per item. Multiply £30 by 120 items that she sold will give you £3600. And that is only for one item. She has at least 10 affiliate links in any given video, taking a rough example of £3600 multiply by 10 will earn her £36000 per week from one video. And if that's a sponsored video where the agreed price is £5000 (a fairly reserved estimate), that is £41000 per week per video.
At that level of earnings (which is utterly undeserved and obscene, exploiting a bubble industry that will eventually burst) she should have a sizeable property portfolio by now and have a secure future. Not one that affords her tons of designer stuff every month, but normal middle class life. Instead she comes across as anxious and desperate as if she is struggling to afford her mortgage. I don’t get it.

catsgomoo
Learner
Learner

Post by catsgomoo »

arrogantraspberry wrote:
dengdengdeng wrote:
In her latest vlog where she is sponsored by Code 8, why does she seemed so surprised by the products? Shouldnt she at least have give it a test run first before giving it her approval and accept the sponsorship instead of doing a sponsored first impressions on a brand that she has never used before?

All the lies.

I was cringing throughout the vid of how influences make their money, first she categorizes herself as a content creator and justifies it by saying that she doesnt feel she solely influences people to buy buy buy. And she proceeds to contradict that by saying that she deserves a commission by "inspiring a purchase". Inspiring is just another word for influencing. How dense do you think your viewers are? So much self praise. So much contradiction and manipulation whenever it suits her.

She says the affiliate link can give her maybe 15%, 10%, 5%, etc. Usually it's around 8-10%. If we take 10% per item as commission she has sold per item, and this is a "premium" channel we're talking about and items on average costs £300, and she gave an example of a white knitted top that she sold 120 of in that week. Taking 10% multiply by £300 will give you £30 per item. Multiply £30 by 120 items that she sold will give you £3600. And that is only for one item. She has at least 10 affiliate links in any given video, taking a rough example of £3600 multiply by 10 will earn her £36000 per week from one video. And if that's a sponsored video where the agreed price is £5000 (a fairly reserved estimate), that is £41000 per week per video.
At that level of earnings (which is utterly undeserved and obscene, exploiting a bubble industry that will eventually burst) she should have a sizeable property portfolio by now and have a secure future. Not one that affords her tons of designer stuff every month, but normal middle class life. Instead she comes across as anxious and desperate as if she is struggling to afford her mortgage. I don’t get it.
I really don't understand her money thirst. Most of the designer shit she owns is GIFTED. What is she spending her money on, and where is it going?! Why does does she act so thirsty for money it's like she's starving??

goldblums
Lurker
Lurker

Post by goldblums »

catsgomoo wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 7:59 am
arrogantraspberry wrote:
dengdengdeng wrote:

All the lies.

I really don't understand her money thirst. Most of the designer shit she owns is GIFTED. What is she spending her money on, and where is it going?! Why does does she act so thirsty for money it's like she's starving??

Maybe she really wants to make a "I just became a millionaire" Vlog. But even if so - coming from the 2m Follower video she would probably count every $ twice at least..

goldblums
Lurker
Lurker

Post by goldblums »

I have not been keen to check up on her current content, but judgng from th edrought here it must be as interesting as watching paint dry.
While I have felt weary with the whole influencer bubble for a while (might me me growing older, might be the oversaturation of the market, but I remember ~5 years ago I was avidly following many) it is intesting to see how unequipped most are to shift their content. Without events, outings and vacations they seem to have nothing to say or show.

loveherhateher
Informer
Informer

Post by loveherhateher »

Has anyone taken the time to complete her recent survey? Just want to know exactly what her "big project" is.

Also - I cannot stand when people force their clothing to be off the shoulder when that's not how it's intended. She's wearing an extremely expensive cashmere cardigan but keeps stretching out the neck just so her yellow bra straps and clavicle can show. If it doesn't stay off the shoulder...it likely wasn't intended to be worn that way!

Lateg0ssiper
Informer
Informer

Post by Lateg0ssiper »

loveherhateher wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:24 pm
Has anyone taken the time to complete her recent survey? Just want to know exactly what her "big project" is.

Also - I cannot stand when people force their clothing to be off the shoulder when that's not how it's intended. She's wearing an extremely expensive cashmere cardigan but keeps stretching out the neck just so her yellow bra straps and clavicle can show. If it doesn't stay off the shoulder...it likely wasn't intended to be worn that way!
She's going to be launching "sustainable" suits for women.

Rosie34567
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567 »

She commented on Wayne Goss' vid about the beauty community. :roll:
Leave it to Victoria to make herself a victim in a scandal that has nothing to do with her...

loveherhateher
Informer
Informer

Post by loveherhateher »

Lateg0ssiper wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:44 am
loveherhateher wrote:

I cannot understand why these influencers with no experience with actual production decide to go into clothing. Suiting is NOTORIOUSLY difficult, especially for women. I can imagine the pricepoint she's aiming for (with her love of luxury) and that's not going to be easy. Theory suits are over $600 and those aren't even high end. Her fan base is not going to spend that on a suit and no one is going to buy multiples. On average, women don't need 15 suits...I literally can't understand the business strategy behind this.

tsoumpakoi
Debater
Debater

Post by tsoumpakoi »

loveherhateher wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:57 am
Lateg0ssiper wrote:
loveherhateher wrote:

I cannot understand why these influencers with no experience with actual production decide to go into clothing. Suiting is NOTORIOUSLY difficult, especially for women. I can imagine the pricepoint she's aiming for (with her love of luxury) and that's not going to be easy. Theory suits are over $600 and those aren't even high end. Her fan base is not going to spend that on a suit and no one is going to buy multiples. On average, women don't need 15 suits...I literally can't understand the business strategy behind this.
This! And especially during a pandemic! Unless they only produce a few items who's going to buy them? Most of her following is in their teens and they can't afford not should they want a suit. Also her colour choices only work for super skinny girls. White / beige / light blue trousers look unflattering on 90% of people.

I am one of the people who liked her Strathberry bag collection. I even tried to get one but they sold out in one day. The colours were lovely and unique and the brand was very hot at the time. However I don't see the same thing happening with the suits, you can buy a light colour suit anywhere. I get that it's Vic's signature style, but at this point she is very repetitive and boring. Most of the time she is in a white shirt.

loveherhateher
Informer
Informer

Post by loveherhateher »

tsoumpakoi wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:04 am
loveherhateher wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:57 am
Lateg0ssiper wrote:
loveherhateher wrote:

This! And especially during a pandemic! Unless they only produce a few items who's going to buy them? Most of her following is in their teens and they can't afford not should they want a suit. Also her colour choices only work for super skinny girls. White / beige / light blue trousers look unflattering on 90% of people.

I am one of the people who liked her Strathberry bag collection. I even tried to get one but they sold out in one day. The colours were lovely and unique and the brand was very hot at the time. However I don't see the same thing happening with the suits, you can buy a light colour suit anywhere. I get that it's Vic's signature style, but at this point she is very repetitive and boring. Most of the time she is in a white shirt.
It's weird, but if she had come out with a blouse series to wear with suits or trousers, that would have been a better place to start. She always wears bandeaus, bralets, sleeveless bodysuits and blouses...that would have been a much easier and less expensive option to start with and it would have fit with her "look".

tsoumpakoi
Debater
Debater

Post by tsoumpakoi »

While I still find her content boring and her personality and style very blunt, I have watched most of her recent videos and I think I'm starting to find her likable again. At first I was baffled by this, because I used to be constantly irritated by her, but I realized that she has toned down the giggling and squealing during the pandemic. Turns out talking to humans and not bats and dolphins makes a huge difference.

Rosie34567
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567 »

This is kind of random and petty, but that framed artwork looks so stupid on that vaulted wall. Not only does it draw attention to the odd shape of the room, but it's totally going to fall down and knock over that tray of perfume. Also you can see where she clearly tried to add some kind of adhesive to it around the edges...Smh, she might as well have just stuck it to the ceiling :lol:
Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 6.30.20 PM.png

itsanneke
Learner
Learner

Post by itsanneke »

This thread is super dead but I was watching the new video and I saw her absolutely bathe in perfume and I got upset lmao. Who needs that many spritzes? Especially before a dinner party, I wouldn't be able to enjoy my food.

itsanneke
Learner
Learner

Post by itsanneke »

Oh my god, the clickbait title of her new video. I didn't really think she would stoop so low as to put that kind of an announcement in a sponsored video but... It is Victoria.

calabazarock
Informer
Informer

Post by calabazarock »

So the biiiig secret project blabla is a jewelry collection.

Return to “Inthefrow”