Elle Fauxtorney 321 Fast Clip To Breakupmas Made Me Unwell, But Nicely Done, Merci Beaucoup (Part 9)

Ccc123000
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: Elle Fauxtorney 321 Fast Clip To Breakupmas Made Me Unwell, But Nicely Done, Merci Beaucoup (Part 9)

Post by Ccc123000 »

Annie_HTX wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:40 pm
And why isn't she just staying in Ginette's house? So many questions!
I am wondering about this, too. Doesn't her mom have a place in Vancouver, where she stayed for a few months post-Joe breakup? It doesn't make sense to have to rent a place just for 4 days when your mom lives in the same city and has a room to spare.

stubbssie
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Re: Elle Fauxtorney 321 Fast Clip To Breakupmas Made Me Unwell, But Nicely Done, Merci Beaucoup (Part 9)

Post by stubbssie »

Annie_HTX wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:40 pm
Why a tour of an Air B-and-B she's only staying in for a few days? Why not a video about her new "elixir" line to coincide with the launch of her new website? Or a video on outfits to wear to an interview? At least those would correspond with what's going on in her life most recently. And why isn't she just staying in Ginette's house? So many questions!
Her apartment tours get views and she needs money, but she doesn't have an apartment, SO! ;]

drewberry_moore
Debater
Debater

Post by drewberry_moore »

Ginette owns a house in Vancouver, but it's nowhere near downtown (not the same place they lived post Joe, that was temporary). I suspect Elle wanted to stay downtown to be close to her interview and her favorite restaurants. It's also just one 20min train ride away from the airport, so super convenient.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Rosie34567
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by Rosie34567 »

She was shilling her pearls when she was talking about her interview outfit. :roll: I can totally picture her in her job interview pushing her jewelry line because it "represents herself and her personality"...she probably awkwardly has it on her resume.

Post by Guest »

I haven’t watched the Vancouver container living experience tour, but based on the title, she is well into delusional territory. :toad:

Smelle, micro apartments cannot be luxury, the essence of luxury is extravagant living which is not possible in a freaking box where your bathroom is next to your kitchen which is next to your mini couch which is in the bedroom ;) M’kay? That micro apartment it’s more of a shithole and that’s fine, but trying to pass it as “luxury” is a new level of cringe :roll:
Last edited by Guest on Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Guest »

That outfit was not professional, at all. The suit was fine... but pairing a boring, basic blue tank underneath made the whole thing look sloppy. Paired with her two ugly necklaces, overly shiny lips and messy bun, she looked a mess.

Such girlboss.

drasticactions
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by drasticactions »

adel220 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:22 pm
adel220 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:04 pm
Dang, she’s super skinny! 😱 Haha, I know she’s lost weight after she broke up with Joe, but wow, I think that’s the smallest I’ve seen her??

Also when did she get that Missoni target luggage? Lol.
For reference
She is looking thinner at least in the legs and her face maybe too? Def the thinnest I've seen her, I'm her height and losing 5-10 lbs can make a huge difference . I think she"s lost at least 5 but no more than 10 lbs.

littlegrasper
Learner
Learner

Post by littlegrasper »

For what it’s worth, that building is known as being a pretty high end building in Vancouver. It got a lot of buzz when it was being built.

The unit she stayed in was poorly furnished, but I assume she was talking about the “luxury” of the entire development.

Post by Guest »

drasticactions wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:50 pm

She is looking thinner at least in the legs and her face maybe too? Def the thinnest I've seen her, I'm her height and losing 5-10 lbs can make a huge difference . I think she"s lost at least 5 but no more than 10 lbs.
Oh definitely, I agree she probably lost 5-10 lbs. She’s not tall so that “little” weight she lost makes a difference in her appearance.

She was slender when she was dating Chris and became thin again after Joe, but now I think she’s skinny. Not sure what she’s trying to accomplish. :? I’d get it if she admitted to changing her diet or is doing a new workout regimen but she has been eating takeout and I doubt she’s been having time to do exercises with all her moving around.

Post by Guest »

That was no luxury apartment tour, more like a hotel room tour. :roll:

CalmYaFarm
Informer
Informer

Post by CalmYaFarm »

I wonder if Ginette rents out her apartment while she’s in Hawaii??

Jj3804
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Jj3804 »

Ive only been following her intermittently, but can someone fill me in on WHY THIS GIRL IS SINGLE YET AGAIN? Didn't she just get dumped by Joe, then move into apt, then get engaged, then move to FL... and now she's single again???

Annie_HTX
Learner
Learner

Post by Annie_HTX »

I admittedly don't know ANYTHING about gemology or the quality of gemstones, but in looking at her new elixir line, the stones come across a bit crafty. They almost look like those beads you get in a jewelry-making set from Michael's. If those were real amethysts, emeralds and sapphires, wouldn't they look a bit...different? (again, not a jewelry person here so forgive the ignorance)

I took a brief stint at being a solo practitioner, and learned very quickly, that I was not meant to be a businesswoman (not disciplined enough), so I admire any woman who takes the step to not only start a business, but maintain it as well. I must give Elle credit for that. But I'm curious as to how she's sourcing these gems (and how on earth she can afford them)??

Post by Guest »

Annie_HTX wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:51 am
I admittedly don't know ANYTHING about gemology or the quality of gemstones, but in looking at her new elixir line, the stones come across a bit crafty. They almost look like those beads you get in a jewelry-making set from Michael's. If those were real amethysts, emeralds and sapphires, wouldn't they look a bit...different? (again, not a jewelry person here so forgive the ignorance)

I took a brief stint at being a solo practitioner, and learned very quickly, that I was not meant to be a businesswoman (not disciplined enough), so I admire any woman who takes the step to not only start a business, but maintain it as well. I must give Elle credit for that. But I'm curious as to how she's sourcing these gems (and how on earth she can afford them)??
Note: not a jewelry expert, but used to be a huge gemstone dork when I was a kid (I collected rocks and minerals and put them in little compartments...super dweeb) and then got into jewelry/rings last year. I’ve also bought from Alibaba for personal use, not for resale.

It’s not that hard to source gems, especially low quality stones in bulk. They’re incredibly cheap and you can easily buy them off alibaba, aliexpress, and eBay. Just do a quick eBay search on loose gems and you can find sellers from China and India selling stones for dirt cheap. You don’t have to have a lot of money to buy them.

We guess that Elle, much like HRHCollection, buys from a seller off Alibaba and then resells her stock at an insane price, much like how she sources her pashminas from India. Personally if that’s what she wants to do (mark up her garbage and sell it to her naive fans) that’s fine but she tries to give off an impression that she is more involved with the process than she actually is. With her pashminas, she’s only relabeling them. With her jewelry, she’s just buying the beads and stringing them from equipment she probably bought from Michaels or some other craft store. She has NOTHING to do with the colors or designs of her pashminas. She has NOTHING to do with the cutting process of the gemstones. Not to mention she doesn’t verify the actually quality of the gems she is selling, which most jewelry stores tend to do by giving a little appraisal certificate (*note: I know appraisals are arbitrary but they’re nice for piece of mind) or at least give some little spiel about where she gets her gems. Not that she would want to tell her followers her stones are just from some rando factory from China. I doubt she knows what kind of quality stones she gets, and I doubt she personally examines each stone piece by piece so that she can make sure her buyers are getting good product...which, btw, is what a professional should do.

I don’t mean this to be petty but I don’t really consider her that business savvy at all. The only real “business” she has is her YouTube channel and even with that she is sucking at it. With her pashminas and jewelry, she’s just a profiting hobbyist at best and is primarily motivated by how easy it is to sucker her fans into giving her money. All she does is string and box, which anyone can do. If it were harder or more strenuous I doubt she would have been doing it this long. The only credit I give her is how long she’s been able to make her fans buy her shoddy crap and still get away with it despite a couple people complaining about the quality and not getting refunds or a mere apology from her.

Post by Guest »

^^^oh, I forgot to add, I don’t think Elle would sell fake stones, so I’ll give her a pass on that, but anyone can tell they’re not high quality. Even you stated they look “crafty”, and you admit you’re not a jewelry expert. The fact that even you state this (even with good intentions) only highlights that her jewelry is pretty shitty quality.

Someone mentioned this before but her pearls are dull and her gemstones are very opaque or just not a good color. It’s fine for costume jewelry but not for fine jewelry or heirloom pieces like she likes to state.

drasticactions
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by drasticactions »

Some etsy sellers have some low quality gemstones too. It isn't hard to find poor quality stones. I'd rather have swarovski crystals in my costume jewelry bc at least they are sparkly better than having real stones that look like they could be cloudy resin.

Annie_HTX
Learner
Learner

Post by Annie_HTX »

Bitsyfew1 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:26 pm
Also can't believe she filmed the swimmers :(

It's like she took all of our recent points here and put them into a video to try to regain the trust of her followers:
Sentaler coat: check
Workwear: check
Mention the day job: check
Day-to-night fashion tips: check
Vancouver: check
City living: check
Girl about town: check
Skipping Seattle cuz we all said it was a crazy idea: check

But in typical Elle way it is done so arrogantly, not a mention of her recent huge lifestyle changes; no context about why she is not in Florida/Hawaii for anyone who missed her breakup vlogs... viewers expected to lap up this "return to OG content" and be happy with anything she spews out.

Either you invite viewers into your life or you don't. There is no middle ground. Elle invited us, shared her intimate details and then gets all cagey/secretive when people ask normal questions as one commenter on the new vlog asks about how come she's not engaged in Fl any more.

She has deleted all mention of Rick and is acting like this is all normal when it actually looks like she is in total turmoil (weight loss speaks volumes). Surely her viewers will get pissed off at this lack of transparency. Or is she so blind/narcissistic that she can't see this is how she's coming across.

Cant have it both ways.

Had to laugh at her insistence on the place being high end and luxe while also decked out in IKEA furniture and cheapo laminate flooring!🤣👍🏻

Also those IG shots of all the pearls on the mirrored tray... so amateur. We all know exclusivity and branding tips mean you don't show a ton of jewellery at once. Makes it all look wholesale and cheap... oh hang on... 🙄😅 there's a tip for you Elle; as you are most certainly reading this.

She was so hyper in this video doing the apartment tour. So delighted to have the "right kind of content" I.e. something expensive she'd spent money on (apartment rental). She hasn't a clue that most of her followers like me and you guys I'm sure would much rather see her meals day to day, her daily outfits, how she spends her time now shes single, how she is actually DOING with this huge life upheaval. I.e REALITY! Not some snobbish fake lifestyle we know she can't afford and a total disconnect from her viewers as people.

Also that phleghmy voice had me cringing, then she goes and clears her throat on camera :|

So interested to see how this all pans out.
This, this, this x1000!!

Post by Guest »

drasticactions wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:17 am
Some etsy sellers have some low quality gemstones too. It isn't hard to find poor quality stones. I'd rather have swarovski crystals in my costume jewelry bc at least they are sparkly better than having real stones that look like they could be cloudy resin.
Oh definitely, I forgot Etsy! Here is an example of emerald beads, although maybe not the ones Elle uses:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/533795020/ ... ck=1&pro=1

A full strand is just over $20 and it wouldn’t be hard to just contact the seller and ask for a bulk discount. Plenty of vendors love doing that!

There is no real labor involved with her side businesses, other than her having to walk to the post office, lol. Actually the most “work” I’ve seen is her trying to shill her crap on her videos, which we’ve been seeing a lot! :lol:

I’ve bought costume jewelry from local artisans and granted some of their pricing is about the same or more than what Elle charges but at least with them they’re actual metalsmiths and put in the labor with creating their OOAK jewelry. Not to mention they don’t try to pass off their stuff as heirloom quality. :roll: :lol:

no_strings
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by no_strings »

This is why the term "girlboss" is actually most appropriate for Eleanor. She's a little girl, playing at being a boss. Real women who are bosses do not call themselves that, much less a girlboss.

I don't know why so many older women, middle-aged and beyond, are literally tripping all over themselves to get the attention of a chick who is mentally, about 12 years old, and has no discernable life skills. I just want to tell them, have some respect for yourself. :roll:
Gurus are like that friend/partner/family member that you constantly walk on eggshells around, because they get offended at the drop of a hat. The ones you blink at funny and they never speak to you again :tu:

Post by Guest »

drewberry_moore wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:45 pm
Since the new thread will be coming up, here's my title suggestion:

Sleepless in Seatelle and the Quest for Mr Next

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk
Is this the title winner? You have 14 likes, wasn’t sure. ;) :lol:

Return to “Elle Florence”