Samantha Ravndahl - Fauxtographer & Frenemy - Part 5

Toothpastesharer
Learner
Learner

Re: Samantha Ravndahl - Fauxtographer & Frenemy - Part 5

Post by Toothpastesharer »

Does anyone find Sam’s “I don’t know how to use Instagram” “I’m so bad at social media” “social media overwhelms me” act pretty annoying ?

You’re a young millennial. You’ve been on social media for years and made a shit ton off of it. Quit acting like you’re just a “regular girl” being forced to navigate a difficult system of evil social media in order to survive.

She also ranted so much about how hard tiktok was and how she didn’t like it but still posts there so much.

Alfaomega
Learner
Learner

Post by Alfaomega »

Yeah. She's neglecting youtube to instead promote her tiktok content and also is selling things on there, but then comes crawling back to youtube to "complain about tik tok".

I genuinely think she hates her acne, and not so much that she doesn't care, but has given up on it ever going away. It's part of her identity now. (Still no sign of Alyssa? did she find a new best friend to be fully absorbed by and copy? i.e. the new boyfriend?)

Silverwinged
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Silverwinged »

so my thanksgiving food coma boredom got to me... i clicked into her video and wow what a mistake lol.

shes complaining about how shitty her mental health is again, because her kid refuses to sleep in its own bed. then goes on to say that her/her partner refuse to sleep train and the child will not go back to sleep in its room.

i honestly do not know how she recorded this and edited it and still didn't hear how ridiculous she sounds. i am not against moms doing what works for their family but if your kid is keeping you up to the point of your mental health going to shit, you need to make a change in what you're doing. period. having a child in your bed, harassing you to nurse all night long to the point where you binge eat is not healthy in any way shape or form.

and doesn't her therapist/counsellor whatever point this shit out? like?

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by DrowningInMelancholy »

Despite having a black friday sale right now she announced that prices are going to increase and I'm like....when????

ilovepeachjuice
Debater
Debater

Post by ilovepeachjuice »

So did Alyssa just entirely give up on her attempt at a social media career? She hasn't posted on Instagram or Youtube in all of 2023 and it looks like all of the "Approached" true crime content got removed from Spotify.

Silverwinged
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Silverwinged »

pregnant again after whining and crying that she might not be able to have kids.... to an audience that likely includes people who cannot have kids.

for someone who touts herself to be so sensitive and such an ally, she's the epitome of privilege.

and before anyone comes for me, she posted a video about an irregular pap test and a possible leep procedure. both are ridiculously common, and i don't think she even actually confirmed if she ended up needing the leep after all. extremely tone deaf IMO.

sofetchxox
Informer
Informer

Post by sofetchxox »

Silverwinged wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:31 pm
pregnant again after whining and crying that she might not be able to have kids.... to an audience that likely includes people who cannot have kids.

for someone who touts herself to be so sensitive and such an ally, she's the epitome of privilege.

and before anyone comes for me, she posted a video about an irregular pap test and a possible leep procedure. both are ridiculously common, and i don't think she even actually confirmed if she ended up needing the leep after all. extremely tone deaf IMO.
Is she supposed to keep her pregnancy/second child a secret forever because she thought she might have health issues related to fertility and shared that? Like truly, what do you want her to do :roll:

Silverwinged
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Silverwinged »

sofetchxox wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 3:25 pm
Silverwinged wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:31 pm

Is she supposed to keep her pregnancy/second child a secret forever because she thought she might have health issues related to fertility and shared that? Like truly, what do you want her to do :roll:
not do a big song and dance about infertility, without ACTUALLY experiencing it? her woe is me attitude is exhausting.

babel19
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0

Post by babel19 »

Silverwinged wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 7:00 pm
sofetchxox wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 3:25 pm

not do a big song and dance about infertility, without ACTUALLY experiencing it? her woe is me attitude is exhausting.
Yeah this is a bit deranged. If you struggle to conceive for 10 months and have preexisting issues that could cause infertility, its not crazy to be worried about not being able to conceive? Also, apparently the pregnancy has been pretty high risk and stressful. Here's a summary from tattle.life of an instagram live she did recently that explains her absence.

"In November Matt relapsed (I didn't know that he was an alcoholic and had previously been in rehab for this) and this led to problems in their marriage, they were arguing all the time and got so far as seeing family lawyers and getting paperwork in order for divorce. Matt moved out (by the sounds of it, not for long)
Sam found out she was pregnant around this time, after they had been trying for ~10 months
CW: bleeding during pregnancy Sam had a variety of different levels of bleeding in her early pregnancy, ranging from bleeding to clotting to what seemed like tissue, she went to the ER 2 times and both times they reassured her that the baby was fine but that she had a low lying placenta (I think) and another condition that meant that she was bleeding. At one point when she was driving herself to the hospital she was fully convinced that she had miscarried
While this was happening, Matt was not living with her. He came to visit and ended up testing positive for Covid, which Sam and their kid also caught. By the sounds of it he has stayed living with them since then
Sam got some tests carried out on the advice of her midwife, it turns out that she has placenta previa and a shortened cervix from her leep procedure. She is taking progesterone to combat the shortened cervix and is having ultrasounds every 2 weeks
Baby is due at the start of Sept!
Her and Matt are back together and seem to be happy"

Silverwinged
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Silverwinged »

babel19 wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 6:32 am
Silverwinged wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 7:00 pm

Yeah this is a bit deranged. If you struggle to conceive for 10 months and have preexisting issues that could cause infertility, its not crazy to be worried about not being able to conceive? Also, apparently the pregnancy has been pretty high risk and stressful. Here's a summary from tattle.life of an instagram live she did recently that explains her absence.

"In November Matt relapsed (I didn't know that he was an alcoholic and had previously been in rehab for this) and this led to problems in their marriage, they were arguing all the time and got so far as seeing family lawyers and getting paperwork in order for divorce. Matt moved out (by the sounds of it, not for long)
Sam found out she was pregnant around this time, after they had been trying for ~10 months
CW: bleeding during pregnancy Sam had a variety of different levels of bleeding in her early pregnancy, ranging from bleeding to clotting to what seemed like tissue, she went to the ER 2 times and both times they reassured her that the baby was fine but that she had a low lying placenta (I think) and another condition that meant that she was bleeding. At one point when she was driving herself to the hospital she was fully convinced that she had miscarried
While this was happening, Matt was not living with her. He came to visit and ended up testing positive for Covid, which Sam and their kid also caught. By the sounds of it he has stayed living with them since then
Sam got some tests carried out on the advice of her midwife, it turns out that she has placenta previa and a shortened cervix from her leep procedure. She is taking progesterone to combat the shortened cervix and is having ultrasounds every 2 weeks
Baby is due at the start of Sept!
Her and Matt are back together and seem to be happy"
i'm not saying she shouldn't be happy, and i'm not hating on her for expanding her family, if that's what she wants to do. and honestly, i don't give two shits about her husband. it is fairly obvious she married into that family for $$$$$.

what i AM saying that she, like other goorroooos, over exaggerate every little thing that happens to them. 10 months is a very short time period for actively trying. what she is going through is not special or unique, its actually insanely common. but it will be another woe is me tale for views and not posting on her platforms. sorry not sorry.

and, do we all forget this is a trash thread orrrr? not trying to mod the boards, but if you disagree, perhaps this is not the thread/place for you?

ilovepeachjuice
Debater
Debater

If you want to trash a woman for being concerned about something as intimate and sensitive as her ability to conceive, being open about it on the internet, and then being happy when she's pregnant, that's your prerogative. None of us are here to sing the praises of Sam, we're just saying that of the many things to trash her for, giving her shit for something like this is a dick move and can be hurtful to other women who are also struggling with similar things.

What I will be critical of is that absolutely insane level of detail shared in that live. Holy shit. I understand sharing about how it was difficult to conceive and they ended up finding they were pregnant when they were in a rough patch, but sharing about Matt relapsing, that they were gonna formally divorce, etc. feels like something we shouldn't know.

Her weird reverse parasocial relationship where she insists she doesn't like her social media job but then seems to be unable to stay away from doing these lives because she doesn't have to face as much criticism from them being memorialized seems unhealthy. She says she doesn't find any fulfillment from her job but she seems to really love any place she can get positive attention without real critique.

Silverwinged
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Silverwinged »

ilovepeachjuice wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 5:23 pm
If you want to trash a woman for being concerned about something as intimate and sensitive as her ability to conceive, being open about it on the internet, and then being happy when she's pregnant, that's your prerogative. None of us are here to sing the praises of Sam, we're just saying that of the many things to trash her for, giving her shit for something like this is a dick move and can be hurtful to other women who are also struggling with similar things.

What I will be critical of is that absolutely insane level of detail shared in that live. Holy shit. I understand sharing about how it was difficult to conceive and they ended up finding they were pregnant when they were in a rough patch, but sharing about Matt relapsing, that they were gonna formally divorce, etc. feels like something we shouldn't know.

Her weird reverse parasocial relationship where she insists she doesn't like her social media job but then seems to be unable to stay away from doing these lives because she doesn't have to face as much criticism from them being memorialized seems unhealthy. She says she doesn't find any fulfillment from her job but she seems to really love any place she can get positive attention without real critique.
I appreciate your reply, really, (no snark intended at all), but we will have to agree to disagree. From someone who has deeply struggled in my fertility journey... Her whinging is annoying. It seems like she puts these intimate parts of her life out on display for a big pat on the back. Matt's struggles, divorce, pregnancy etc etc. I don't think pointing that out is dickish.

It all kind of syncs with the positive attention without real critique thing you mentioned. I 100% agree that she thrives off of attention, and its like she just wants us all to feel sorry for her.

Alfaomega
Learner
Learner

Post by Alfaomega »

ilovepeachjuice wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:22 pm
So did Alyssa just entirely give up on her attempt at a social media career? She hasn't posted on Instagram or Youtube in all of 2023 and it looks like all of the "Approached" true crime content got removed from Spotify.
So strange! TBH approached was my gateway into True Crime podcasts, lol. I think Alyssa stopped trying to become Sam's clone and is now working on being her new boyfriend's clone! (He is in construction...so....?) Seems a bit sudden to quit social media cold turkey just as she was getting an audience to blossom.

Also...Sam was so adamant about how she would NOT SHARE HER BABY online...and now she posts a picture on instagram, clearly wanting people to say "Aw, isn't your baby cute!". I don't get it. What are her beliefs on the subject now? When she initially wanted to keep her baby's life private, I don't think she realized that her entire life would come to revolve around said baby, and that if she wants to share her life online... she needs to keep hobbies/interests outside of being a mom...or she'll have no non-baby-related subjects to chat about on her YT channel.

I feel like I would not enjoy being inside Sam's brain. She likes youtube. then she hates it. She hates tik tok. Then she spends 3 months trying to be a tik toker. Then she hates tik tok again. It seems like she simply doesn't know what she wants. If i had the possibility of earning an income by simply creating one cool makeup look per 2 weeks, and filming + editing it (estimated time investment: 20 hours per 2weeks/ 10 hours/week) I would be thrilled, and stick with that. I guess she's over it.

StuckInThe90s
Informer
Informer

Post by StuckInThe90s »

Alfaomega wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:20 am
I feel like I would not enjoy being inside Sam's brain. She likes youtube. then she hates it. She hates tik tok. Then she spends 3 months trying to be a tik toker. Then she hates tik tok again. It seems like she simply doesn't know what she wants. If i had the possibility of earning an income by simply creating one cool makeup look per 2 weeks, and filming + editing it (estimated time investment: 20 hours per 2weeks/ 10 hours/week) I would be thrilled, and stick with that. I guess she's over it.
Agreed. Navigating life transitions is hard enough without doing it in any public way. And I’d probably ne all over the place with it, too.

babel19
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0

Post by babel19 »

What gets me is that despite nearly divorcing Matt a couple of months ago, they went and bought a new home recently? Its all so strange to me. I'm in the process of purchasing a home, and its such an involving, complicated process and tedious process. Not to mention a massive commitment if you're buying it with your spouse, especially if your marriage was/is on the rocks? This added stress on top of her complicated and high risk pregnancy is just insane to me. It does seem like her parents are moving in with them, so maybe its for the added bonus of having help with her toddler when the baby arrives?
Regarding the toddler pics, I think seeing as she's been oversharing a lot about the downs of her personal life on IG live recently she's trying to show her following that its not all negativity in her life and is craving some positive feedback.

ilovepeachjuice
Debater
Debater

babel19 wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:43 am
What gets me is that despite nearly divorcing Matt a couple of months ago, they went and bought a new home recently? Its all so strange to me. I'm in the process of purchasing a home, and its such an involving, complicated process and tedious process. Not to mention a massive commitment if you're buying it with your spouse, especially if your marriage was/is on the rocks? This added stress on top of her complicated and high risk pregnancy is just insane to me. It does seem like her parents are moving in with them, so maybe its for the added bonus of having help with her toddler when the baby arrives?
Regarding the toddler pics, I think seeing as she's been oversharing a lot about the downs of her personal life on IG live recently she's trying to show her following that its not all negativity in her life and is craving some positive feedback.
I'm pretty sure they moved shortly before their first kid was due, and they purchased that first place together less than a year into dating. She must just think of it as a purely economic decision or something because those all seem like terrible ideas in terms of ones personal life.

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

if i recall, she and the hubby she doesn't really care much for lived with his parents first, correct?

i also wonder if this chick will ever get a personality?
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

fizzwizz12 wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:16 pm
if i recall, she and the hubby she doesn't really care much for lived with his parents first, correct?

i also wonder if this chick will ever get a personality?
What I can guarantee is this, she will get badly pitted and textured skin after menopause from every zit she ever had, after her skin thins. She will regret forever not having done the isotretenoin and prevented all that scarring.

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

ah, i've heard about that... is it just for acne scarring?
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

GlossierSlut
Talker
Talker

Post by GlossierSlut »

I believe Sam once talked about how she and Matt bought their first house very early in their relationship when things were really bad between them, but they “couldn’t pass up the opportunity” and hey, eventually the relationship got better. She halfway presented it as life advice which was really disturbing - she stayed in a bad relationship in the hopes that it wouldn’t always be bad, rather than just leaving. I’m not sure she’s actually able to support herself on her own tbh.

She also used to do that guru thing of “I’m going to talk at you for 40 minutes about super personal stuff and monetize your time, but you’re not allowed to comment on my mental health or skin.” That’s not a healthy dynamic, but it’s what she demands. She truly thinks it’s reasonable for her yo say what she wants and then demand that no one else speak. I have idly wondered if anything happened between her and Jamie Paige or if they just drifted apart. Jamie can be a bit of a dope but she seems to be doing genuinely well and she was smart to launch her side hustle in a non-beauty niche. I like to imagine that she lost patience with Sam’s difficult nature.

Return to “Samantha Ravndahl”