Safiya White and the Seven Editors - Part 5

PugsleyWednesday
Debater
Debater

Re: Safiya White and the Seven Editors - Part 5

Post by PugsleyWednesday »

BrutallyDecrepit wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:35 pm

It was hilarious when she brought out her huge industrial like lipstick molds only to fill up a single one both times.

I agree with the colour theory- however, am I mistaken in believing that her second shade isn't even close to what she wanted? She acted like it was a whacky shade too when it looks like a generic nude (to me anyways, I'm not always the greatest with colours...)

And the editing! There was an excess of b-roll from her previous videos that kept popping up, and it made everything so confusing in certain parts! Are her editors still with her because Yikes
:rofl:

Agreed on all points, especially how she was trying to act like that shade was unique, when it wasn't.

I don't think she has editors anymore, it's just her and Tyler and some assistant, who I've forgotten the name of.

I also noticed during their last livestream a lot more trolling happening, and no moderation - people commenting about their lack of chemistry and how Saf just talks all over Ty etc.

SnackerdoodleDoo
Talker
Talker

Post by SnackerdoodleDoo »

PugsleyWednesday wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:49 pm
BrutallyDecrepit wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:34 pm

Can someone please explain why she always gets so much stuff for her videos?

Even with her soap videos she got way to much then she would ever need, and got that amount twice! And here we are with more lipstick material that she can ever wear in a lifetime... Where she also felt the need to purchase every single shade of lipstick pigment from the store....

Like what does she do with that stuff afterwards? Does she give it away? Is that why she bought three seperate sets of measuring spoons????
YES I thought that too... all those ingredients, and she ends up making two lipsticks... TWO...

She could have made seemingly at least 4 or 6 out of just the base she had...I was surprised she wasn't doubling it, so she could make lots of shades... to do some actual experimentation.

It also seems she doesn't know jack about color theory.

It really annoyed me that she ended up using a heck of a lot of stock footage and footage from the actual tutorial lady's website/youtube. Instead of just showing her own process. At some point don't people realize you're watching a tutorial someone else did through another persons video, and their attempts at recreating it - poorly - while you wonder why you're even watching it, and how it's entertaining. :?
OMG the color thing made me want to slap myself. How the hell do you not realize mixing red, yellow, and brown is NOT going to make a greyish pink? Like, they were shocked it was peachy. What?
:roll:

Aquietnightmare
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by Aquietnightmare »

I have to agree I found the lipstick video lacking and weird. Especially with the shade it basically looked like she wasnt wearing any lipstick, they obviously couldnt be bothered to try again and phoned it in because that was nowhere near their dusty pink
:love2: I'm bitter and can't spell too well. :love2:

yandrak
Learner
Learner

Post by yandrak »

with the amount of pigments and stuff they bought and especially with the mold they have i don't understand why they didn't try a bunch of random colors/combinations and pour them in the mold at the same time? at least it would have been more interesting than two boring red shades

Usoanenn
Stalker
Stalker
Been thanked: 0

Post by Usoanenn »

Amazing story, I'm glad I read this. Who's been here for a long time? How often do you visit the forum?

hunty
Informer
Informer

Post by hunty »

Safiya is so annoying furing the live streams lmao. She has to do everything and whenever Tyler tries to do anything, she ust kinda brushes him off or like subtly mocks him. And when they stop paying attention to her, she just acts weird and stupid in the back. Idk I liked Tyler and Carly interacting more than Safiya and tyler since carly let's tyler talk and doesn't cut him off every other sentence lol
I'm a professional bitch

PugsleyWednesday
Debater
Debater

Another video - within a month of the last? I'M SHOCKED!!!

Penelope penny
Debater
Debater

Post by Penelope penny »

Another incredibly low effort video that took a month of hyping and letting people know they're "working hard" editing it. Bravo 🙄👏
I have no fucks left to give.

SnackerdoodleDoo
Talker
Talker

Post by SnackerdoodleDoo »

Penelope penny wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:06 am
Another incredibly low effort video that took a month of hyping and letting people know they're "working hard" editing it. Bravo 🙄👏
I'd actually argue that the scripted videos are very high effort. I mean, she's got to put on a personable attitude, where as, in the live streams, she's grumpy and almost unlikable :rofl: :rofl:

But for real. They need to ditch the livestreams. They are painful to watch with how she doesn't seem to like Tyler and the poor man is trying so hard to be personable in her place. At least the scripted videos she acts happier.

Treefood666
Learner
Learner

Post by Treefood666 »

lurker, first time poster. i was feeling kinda meh about her but then i read this and really realized why i wasn't fully into her. and also, i know saf has to be reading here or somewhere else cause i just saw people talking about the waste with her buying all those lipstick pigments to do nothing with, and look at the latest live stream.
eating dumplings

PugsleyWednesday
Debater
Debater

haha yep totally agree, she's pretty unlikable on the livestreams, at least Tyler tries to be pleasant and quippy. They seem to have so little in common, and lack any basic chemistry.

I also agree, she clearly reads here - because she was trying to talk about color theory and the tertiary and secondary colors, but still got it wrong.

unicorn_bff
Stalker
Stalker

Post by unicorn_bff »

I am new here. Joined to see if anyone else shared this opinion. I feel like the girl carly or something behind their livestreams is super into tyler. Her input and energy is different when tyler speaks vs safiya. I cant be the only one who has noticed?? She constantly giggles at his lame jokes.. she clearly as a crush on him.

Treefood666
Learner
Learner

Post by Treefood666 »

speaking of tyler, honestly i think he's ok for the most part. i think he just has a problem letting certain things go that don't work. like during streams, i feel like the b camera was his idea and he desperately wants it to be used but like... they rarely ,if ever, need it. and you can tell he's constantly trying to find an opportunity to have them switch to it when he could just show the front cam.
eating dumplings

Penelope penny
Debater
Debater

Post by Penelope penny »

For all the times they complain about not getting enough sleep because they're busy with video editing, they don't have much to show for it.
I have no fucks left to give.

CscarlettB
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by CscarlettB »

Penelope penny wrote:For all the times they complain about not getting enough sleep because they're busy with video editing, they don't have much to show for it.
Safiya is just going to cry “Muh mentals!” If it’s ever brought it up to her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

I know she loves black and should buy something she likes but wow, she went to 3 countries to multiple vintage shops and everything she got was black. Couldn't she just get one item she likes (black clothes) and one item that's outside her comfort zone? Like... she got more than one black item in a few shops. In her Lolita video too she just did the Gothic/black clothes Lolita... I think she bought some jean jacket with some sort or lace or ribbons on it but at least it wasn't the same black clothing.

This is coming from me, someone who had a black clothing phase as well lol

doublebatch
Learner
Learner

Post by doublebatch »

I can understand not buying things you would be unlikely to wear other than for the video.

ThunderHam
Learner
Learner

Post by ThunderHam »

I think some of it was outside her comfort zone in terms of cut and fit though. And I liked the update on how she wears things. But I always think it’s funny that she describes her aesthetic as “comfortable vampire.” Girl, that’s just basic athleisure with some cat eye makeup.

Treefood666
Learner
Learner

Post by Treefood666 »

i think its weird and kind of lazy that her newest video is just... her using old clips from literally years ago. like the video is ok but in the context of what has been said here, it sucks. her past like 3 videos have been low effort testing hacks and one of her first videos posting "consistently" is a rehash of old clips. and even worse, in terms of similar videos like this she's done, this is the laziest. she could have at least gone into the history/culture of vintage shopping but it really was just "we went here, the clothes are from the 90s, i kept this"
eating dumplings

PugsleyWednesday
Debater
Debater

I don't want to say she is dumb, but she tries too hard perhaps? Lacks common sense, most definitely. Then acts all sad that things didn't work out, and wonders why and can't seem to connect the dots. It's like a mental block she literally cannot see or understand about herself. It's really apparent in the livestreams where they are unscripted and she struggles, hard. Then micro-manages Tyler massively, and cannot even let him have a joke without 'correcting' him like a nagging school teacher.

In the latest candle making video;

The comments are all "don't be so hard on yourself, Saf!" soooo much catering to her massive ego and inability to accept she couldn't make it work... but like, they are not really intended to work to begin with. So it seems weird to me to try these hacks and being genuinely upset that they didn't work and taking it on as a personal affront... like she's fishing for sympathy almost???

If they could just have fun with it - it might be a fun time - but she takes it too damn seriously and sucks any fun that might come out of the fail.

Also, they state constantly she is editing videos and that's why she is tired and maybe not as 'on' as she should be in the livestreams... but what else do they do with their time??? Like there's no reason for someone that young to look so haggard and for what is to be a fun silly livestream to end up being so damn difficult and emo? It's strange as heck!!!

Return to “Safiya Nygaard”