Brooke Miccio: the hunchback of LI babyyyyy (Pt. 6)

Djenner
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Brooke Miccio: the hunchback of LI babyyyyy (Pt. 6)

Post by Djenner »

kdoggy21 wrote:
Djenner wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:53 am
as1 wrote:Also, yeah the whole South vs. North thing is INSANE. There’s a private university near me (in Florida) & I kid you not 70% of the people are from NY/NJ/CT... so they are from the North... aka have a northern personality, just live in the South??? Idk how what Brooke is saying is logical to her lmfao.
Not to defend Brooke because I do think that’s a cop out on her part, I’m sure it was difficult to be surrounded by gorgeous girls that probably looked pretty different from her and grew up in a different way. There aren’t very many people from the east coast that go to UGA, it’s mostly in staters and people from the south whereas there are a lot of long islanders/nycers that go to Florida universities. It probably hurt her self esteem a lot and it’s easy to blame these external reasons for her not having a boyfriend or getting boy attention.
The truth is if you are a confident person with a good personality, once you’re an adult those qualities are much more important to getting a boyfriend or having male attention but Brooke won’t ever admit that lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do people in the south really look that different from people in the north though? Like it's a weird comment for her to say that southern girls are hotter than northern girls. Surely there are ugly people everywhere? And while I don't find Brooke very attractive, she's certainly not SO unfortunate that she stands out or anything. I think the main issue is how young people in the south get married (a la Michelle Reed) and her comparing herself to them and their timeline. I guess it would be weird to be single and 22 if your friends are already getting married, but in the north, being 22 and engaged is even weirder.
Honestly, yes girls from the south look very different from girls from the east coast. I find that girls in the south grow up to be much more concerned with their looks and finding a husband earlier on in life. Its just a different culture. By looking at her, you can tell Brooke most likely isn’t from the south and doesn’t fit as much in looks-wise in the southern sororities, probably making it a little harder to find a boy since it’s human nature to gravitate towards those you are most similar to. I’m making a lot of generalizations here but being from the Midwest I’ve visited my friends at a lot of different colleges all over and there is a HUGE difference between the way people look/trending styles etc. People aren’t “hotter” in any part of the country, that is Brooke’s insecurity speaking.

buzzinnn
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by buzzinnn »

Brooke is talking about how she friend zones boys. Has anyone noticed that in college she had no friends of the opposite sex? All the boys she posted on her stories in college were Mariah and maddies boyfriends.

I don’t follow Maggie anymore but from what I’ve seen from Gretchen. Correct me if I’m wrong but Gretchen and the Macdonalds haven’t been hanging out lately right? It’s actually funny how FAKE Gretchen is. It makes sense that she’s being so close with Brooke now that all of her friends are in college, her big is gone to NYC for acting school, and max is gone. Gretchen the loser that can’t be alone. I don’t know what’s up with the Macdonalds’ Of course Brooke will never acknowledge it because she has no friends. LMAOOOO gretchen said if youre listening to my podcast you listen to Gals on the go because they’re killing. No, because you used her to promote your podcast. Brooke is dumb.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

aflseniors09
Lurker
Lurker

Post by aflseniors09 »

First question into Gretchen's podcast & Brooke is talking about how she was single through college because she's form the North 🙄. Give me a break

Post by Guest »

Brooke Miccio: Desperate, Depressed, and Dumped is my thread suggestion lol (is the “depressed” too harsh?)

RachelRatface
Informer
Informer

Post by RachelRatface »

+ Delusional

Post by Guest »

ooooh yes good addition ^

ellebee21
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by ellebee21 »

Ok hi longtime lurker. Wondering if anyone can link the vlog where she shows Shane in the talentless set? Sorry if this has already been posted

kdoggy21
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kdoggy21 »

ellebee21 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:52 am
Ok hi longtime lurker. Wondering if anyone can link the vlog where she shows Shane in the talentless set? Sorry if this has already been posted
Vlogmas 7-8!

also @ihateytgurus, I think the depressed is too harsh and should be replaced with delusional just bc I don't think we should be throwing around depressed in a mocking way. otherwise i loveeee <3

Post by Guest »

kdoggy21 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:11 am
ellebee21 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:52 am
Vlogmas 7-8!

also @ihateytgurus, I think the depressed is too harsh and should be replaced with delusional just bc I don't think we should be throwing around depressed in a mocking way. otherwise i loveeee <3
That’s exactly what I was thinking too. I didn’t want to trigger anyone with the “depressed” statement and automatically label her with it.

Solcool2
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Solcool2 »

24601 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:02 am
Just realized, Brooke slams UGA all the time saying she never had a BF bc she wasn’t southern. Danielle is from Florida (which obviously is more south geographically than Georgia but isn’t typically considered a “southern” state, just kinda it’s own thing) and found Ryan.

It’s hilarious that Gretchen’s cousin Mandy is from LI and goes to school in the south and found a bf. Lol Brooke is delusional. There are ugly,pretty,assholes,good people, bad people, etc everywhere- Brooke needs to get over it all.

RachelRatface
Informer
Informer

Post by RachelRatface »

It's not everyone else, it's HER. She is weird and not in an endearing way. Undateable.

gurugallll
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gurugallll »

Solcool2 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:16 am
24601 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:02 am
Just realized, Brooke slams UGA all the time saying she never had a BF bc she wasn’t southern. Danielle is from Florida (which obviously is more south geographically than Georgia but isn’t typically considered a “southern” state, just kinda it’s own thing) and found Ryan.

It’s hilarious that Gretchen’s cousin Mandy is from LI and goes to school in the south and found a bf. Lol Brooke is delusional. There are ugly,pretty,assholes,good people, bad people, etc everywhere- Brooke needs to get over it all.
Her boyfriend is from New Jersey. I know a girl who lives in FL goes to UF, and is dating a guy from Maryland. Brooke is delusional.

Firefly1111
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Firefly1111 »

I am not familiar with UGA but, are all boys at UGA from Southern states? Aren't there guys from Northern states and international students?
Also, last time I checked we humans are attracted to people that are somewhat different to us. Is that not the case at UGA?

Djenner
Learner
Learner

Post by Djenner »

Firefly1111 wrote:I am not familiar with UGA but, are all boys at UGA from Southern states? Aren't there guys from Northern states and international students?
Also, last time I checked we humans are attracted to people that are somewhat different to us. Is that not the case at UGA?

Lol that is def not true! Hahah humans are way more drawn to those who are similar to them! You’re naturally going to hang out with people who are from similar areas/grew up in a similar way/look like you. That is just a known psychological fact. That’s why people join Greek life. Not saying that’s good, personally I don’t think it is, but it’s not surprising.
UGA has barely anyone from northern states. The most students come from Georgia, Texas, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and California. I’m not defending Brooke’s statements, but I DO understand feeling insecure because you are different than the majority. That doesn’t mean she is unable to date or find a guy that likes her, it probably was just one of the factors that affected her self image

Butterfly_fly
Talker
Talker

Post by Butterfly_fly »

I never comment but I lurk here & there, hey!! Maybe she just wasn’t approachable because she felt intimidated by the southern girls & it effected her self esteem. She also isn’t that pretty & needs to work on her posture which I’m sure has something to do with it. Also her not having a sense of humor & no personality at all. I’m shy AF & I tend to bury my head in my phone/cross my arms when I’m in public. Every guy that I have dated/talked to has approached me first. I was born & raised in Ohio & it’s the same with my boyfriend. One ex was born in California but moved to Ohio at a young age. My other ex was born here as well but my other ex was born & raised in Brazil until he was 16 & we started dating 2 years later. I’m African American & he’s Afro Brazilian so we’re both black but we were raised very differently. She’s just making excuses to why she’s single & that’s so sad to me. There’s nothing wrong with being single. But if it bugs her that much maybe she should pick up a hobby.

Firefly1111
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Firefly1111 »

Djenner wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:28 am
Firefly1111 wrote:I am not familiar with UGA but, are all boys at UGA from Southern states? Aren't there guys from Northern states and international students?

Lol that is def not true! Hahah humans are way more drawn to those who are similar to them! You’re naturally going to hang out with people who are from similar areas/grew up in a similar way/look like you. That is just a known psychological fact. That’s why people join Greek life. Not saying that’s good, personally I don’t think it is, but it’s not surprising.
UGA has barely anyone from northern states. The most students come from Georgia, Texas, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and California. I’m not defending Brooke’s statements, but I DO understand feeling insecure because you are different than the majority. That doesn’t mean she is unable to date or find a guy that likes her, it probably was just one of the factors that affected her self image

I guess there are both types of people. We obviously find comfort in the familiar, but I'd argue that many people -especially in college- are attracted by things that are different, exotic and even taboo. I am not saying that perhaps there might be some truth in what she is saying, but I think it is a convenient explanation.

For whatever reason -her experiences, her insecurities, etc.- she has a harder time interacting with guys. Hey, I've been there, I was a late bloomer in that area and getting out of that rut took some hard work on my part. And in addition to self-criticism and work, it is key to understand that a relationship is not the end goal... it's great if it complements your life, but not to avoid things or fill voids.

sensualamber
Debater
Debater

Post by sensualamber »

it bothers me so much when brooke talks about how ~hard~ her last name is. omg. its NOT HARD so many people have worse last names

Post by Guest »

Ok edited my board suggestion name:

Brooke Miccio: Dumped, Desperate, and Delusional

sensualamber
Debater
Debater

Post by sensualamber »

Firefly1111 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:55 am
Djenner wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:28 am

I guess there are both types of people. We obviously find comfort in the familiar, but I'd argue that many people -especially in college- are attracted by things that are different, exotic and even taboo. I am not saying that perhaps there might be some truth in what she is saying, but I think it is a convenient explanation.

For whatever reason -her experiences, her insecurities, etc.- she has a harder time interacting with guys. Hey, I've been there, I was a late bloomer in that area and getting out of that rut took some hard work on my part. And in addition to self-criticism and work, it is key to understand that a relationship is not the end goal... it's great if it complements your life, but not to avoid things or fill voids.
psychologically we are typically attracted to what is familiar, and even down to finding a boyfriend who almost emulates your dad (look at gretchen). that's in a situation though where you have good relationships with your family etc etc. obviously there are those who are attracted to more taboo of a person, but generically we are attracted to those like us. the example of greek life was spot on. that's why a bunch of southern white girls stick around a bunch of other southern white girls and party and hangout with a bunch of white frat dudes. its human nature. brooke is just too caught up and insecure to have a boyfriend. no brooke, people didnt want to date you because you're from the north, people didnt want to date you because you're weird and not confident in yourself!! being confident makes someone so much more attractive. i can't even picture brooke with a boyfriend right now lmfaooo

buzzinnn
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by buzzinnn »

We know she reads on here. She’s going to address this topic, and I can’t wait to see how she spins the story around. She needs to stop talking about having a boyfriend, why she’s single. She also needs to stop interacting with Gretchen. She likes to always put girls in the spot because they’re single. She was saying how she tells Taylor she’ll never meet anyone if she’s only working out, working. Having a boyfriend isn’t necessary at 22. I wouldn’t listen to the psycho who’s obsessed with a guy she’s been dating for a year, and was obsessed with him 2 months into the relationship.

Return to “Brooke Miccio”