Learner
Has thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier - Part 16

Post by Valeangel87 »

shashka wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:27 am
Penelope penny wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:15 pm

People have said that this asshole persona is an act (because if he's this much of an ass irl how does he have any friends?!11!) but I bet this 'act' definitely bleeds into his actual life as well. That's why Matt and Ryan left him in bad terms. Not that I particularly like Matt and Ryan lol, in fact I don't really like any of his circle/ex-circle though Wade is ok if not a bit boring. They all come off as secret/not-so-secret assholes.
Well I suppose any asshole who's a multimillionaire won't have any trouble having friends hahahah. But yeah, sometimes it's super obvious, I even saw it with Tyler in some videos where Mark was just being so obnoxiously annoying and putting on a whole show making fun of Tyler who seemed so sick of it. Like yeah ok, we get it, your whole shtick is to scream at people and try to make them seem stupid by latching on to little mistakes or quirks. Anything else??
I've said this before (not about Ethan but Wade) I swear Mark has taken the stream they did off his channel where him and Bob really piss off and upset Wade, Mark has lost a lot of friends Matt and Ryan that he cryed in a video apologising for being a total asshole but he team keeps changing, I use to like Mark but the more popular and money he's gotten he's just become a tw@t and not funny anymore (I once did find him funny) never liked Bob never.
I know why they won't but I wish Ethan Tyler and Wade would tell Mark off and stop taking the humiliation Mark is a toxic person, I once had a toxic 'friendship' like this I kicked that bitch out of my life and it was the best thing ever, they won't but they should do the same.

berri
Talker
Talker

Post by berri »

Do you think maybe his friend group is just afraid to say anything? I mean, his personality is definitely intimidating to me at least. I don’t think he knows his boundaries unless someone outright calls him out on it. I don’t think he’s this secret asshole who means what he says; but I have felt incredibly uncomfortable with things he’s said not just to Ethan and Wade but others in general; he has a very overbearing persona and he really should know better by now.

shashka
Lurker
Lurker
Been thanked: 0

Post by shashka »

berri wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:32 am
Do you think maybe his friend group is just afraid to say anything? I mean, his personality is definitely intimidating to me at least. I don’t think he knows his boundaries unless someone outright calls him out on it. I don’t think he’s this secret asshole who means what he says; but I have felt incredibly uncomfortable with things he’s said not just to Ethan and Wade but others in general; he has a very overbearing persona and he really should know better by now.
Oh, I don't think he means what he says either, but he's definitely aware that it's nasty but he does it for show. I think he's figured out that that kind of behaviour really "sells" and keeps audiences entertained (especially younger audiences, which is the majority of his revenue lol), but in my opinion that's even shittier than saying those things and actually meaning them.

It's even sadder when you look at Ethan's last tweet and realise that the reason why people see him as this stupid, incompetent kid is because Mark really pushed that narrative in Unus Annus.

https://twitter.com/CrankGameplays/sta ... 246877184

kawaiinutzz
Informer
Informer

Post by kawaiinutzz »

shashka wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:09 am
berri wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:32 am
Oh, I don't think he means what he says either, but he's definitely aware that it's nasty but he does it for show. I think he's figured out that that kind of behaviour really "sells" and keeps audiences entertained (especially younger audiences, which is the majority of his revenue lol), but in my opinion that's even shittier than saying those things and actually meaning them.

It's even sadder when you look at Ethan's last tweet and realise that the reason why people see him as this stupid, incompetent kid is because Mark really pushed that narrative in Unus Annus.

True! I bet if he didn’t let mark disrespect him. I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t get responses like this and I’m pretty sure why people are saying that to him is because of mark saying these things and passing it off like it’s a joke when it seems like it’s effecting him. And his fans going along with it. See I bet if Ethan never responded to it. I’m pretty sure it would’ve kept going. But, since he said something about it people are like “OH POOR ETHAN UWU!”

Also people keep saying they don’t know the difference between online and offline presence. It shouldn’t matter, mark caused that to happen basically. But, hey that’s the fans.
LETS BE HONEST HERET

Birthdaycake42
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Birthdaycake42 »

kawaiinutzz wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:12 pm
shashka wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:09 am

True! I bet if he didn’t let mark disrespect him. I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t get responses like this and I’m pretty sure why people are saying that to him is because of mark saying these things and passing it off like it’s a joke when it seems like it’s effecting him. And his fans going along with it. See I bet if Ethan never responded to it. I’m pretty sure it would’ve kept going. But, since he said something about it people are like “OH POOR ETHAN UWU!”

Also people keep saying they don’t know the difference between online and offline presence. It shouldn’t matter, mark caused that to happen basically. But, hey that’s the fans.
Can't blame Mark solely. He on his own channel has chosen to baby talk and infantalise himself for his audience. He created a persona of a soft weak boy man and wants to be seen as more. He needs to stop skin walking the style of Mark. The whole dark- sonas, exact same editing style and video format for the more cinematic vids reads of marks copy cat so bad it's pathetic. Jack's already done it and he's trying to do it too. Please remember these are grown men seeking validation from people most likely younger than them...I don't feel bad for em.

kawaiinutzz
Informer
Informer

Post by kawaiinutzz »

Birthdaycake42 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:33 pm
kawaiinutzz wrote:

Can't blame Mark solely. He on his own channel has chosen to baby talk and infantalise himself for his audience. He created a persona of a soft weak boy man and wants to be seen as more. He needs to stop skin walking the style of Mark. The whole dark- sonas, exact same editing style and video format for the more cinematic vids reads of marks copy cat so bad it's pathetic. Jack's already done it and he's trying to do it too. Please remember these are grown men seeking validation from people most likely younger than them...I don't feel bad for em.
You make a good point!
LETS BE HONEST HERET

kawaiinutzz
Informer
Informer

Post by kawaiinutzz »

Birthdaycake42 wrote:
kawaiinutzz wrote:

Also don’t you think it’s kinda weird that they are trying to seek so much validation from younger viewers 😗
LETS BE HONEST HERET

shashka
Lurker
Lurker

Post by shashka »

kawaiinutzz wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:41 am
Birthdaycake42 wrote:

Also don’t you think it’s kinda weird that they are trying to seek so much validation from younger viewers 😗
I mean, they know that's where the money is. That's how Pewdiepie, Jack & Mark made their fame and money, and it's pretty much guaranteed to work if you can pull it off. Since younger viewers are the majority of the audience for gaming channels, it's only natural to cater to them if you want to make the big bucks. But yeah, I wish they were at least a bit more original... the whole screaming-and-playing-dumb shtick is getting a bit old tbh

Valeangel87
Learner
Learner

Post by Valeangel87 »

shashka wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:16 am
kawaiinutzz wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:41 am

I mean, they know that's where the money is. That's how Pewdiepie, Jack & Mark made their fame and money, and it's pretty much guaranteed to work if you can pull it off. Since younger viewers are the majority of the audience for gaming channels, it's only natural to cater to them if you want to make the big bucks. But yeah, I wish they were at least a bit more original... the whole screaming-and-playing-dumb shtick is getting a bit old tbh
This is why I stopped watching Mark & Jack (watched Pewdiepie one and that fake fing voice he did went right though me!) I make gaming videos and would rather have low views then make a tit out of myself but that being said Mark and Jack aren't getting the views for having 26 million and 29 million subs a lot of their videos are taking days to get 500,000 views which makes me laugh (and yes won't like I am a little jealous of their money who wouldn't be...still not making a tit out if myself) grown men who keep losing friends making stupid fans(stupid as they can't tell whats a joke and what isn't) be assholes to Ethan/Wade, also why didn't Mark and his millions help his supposed BEST FRIEND out when Wade had those house issues, now we didn't once see Mark offer to help but ask his FANS to sub to Wade on twitch and sub on youtube, now we don't know what happens offline but not once did anything so Mark helped out his 'best friend'

Somedude
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Somedude »

Valeangel87 wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:46 am
shashka wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:16 am

This is why I stopped watching Mark & Jack (watched Pewdiepie one and that fake fing voice he did went right though me!) I make gaming videos and would rather have low views then make a tit out of myself but that being said Mark and Jack aren't getting the views for having 26 million and 29 million subs a lot of their videos are taking days to get 500,000 views which makes me laugh (and yes won't like I am a little jealous of their money who wouldn't be...still not making a tit out if myself) grown men who keep losing friends making stupid fans(stupid as they can't tell whats a joke and what isn't) be assholes to Ethan/Wade, also why didn't Mark and his millions help his supposed BEST FRIEND out when Wade had those house issues, now we didn't once see Mark offer to help but ask his FANS to sub to Wade on twitch and sub on youtube, now we don't know what happens offline but not once did anything so Mark helped out his 'best friend'
Mark did help Wade.. He did the Drowned Man series; made merch for it, and all ad-venues and merch money went to Wade. Mark always tells people to not sub or donate to him, go to Wade or Bob! You just choose to ignore it :rofl:

I can agree that the whole Ethan-is-an-idiot in UA did get old quick, same with the usual Shut-Up-Wade-You-Idiot. What this does though is making people side more with them and support them rather than Mark, which I wonder if thats not the intended purpose.

Valeangel87
Learner
Learner

Post by Valeangel87 »

Somedude wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:10 am
Valeangel87 wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:46 am

Mark did help Wade.. He did the Drowned Man series; made merch for it, and all ad-venues and merch money went to Wade. Mark always tells people to not sub or donate to him, go to Wade or Bob! You just choose to ignore it :rofl:

I can agree that the whole Ethan-is-an-idiot in UA did get old quick, same with the usual Shut-Up-Wade-You-Idiot. What this does though is making people side more with them and support them rather than Mark, which I wonder if thats not the intended purpose.
Actually no I didn't ignore it I wasn't aware he had done that so thank you for informing me.

Somedude
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Somedude »

Valeangel87 wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:19 am
Somedude wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:10 am

Actually no I didn't ignore it I wasn't aware he had done that so thank you for informing me.
Fair enough!

But even if Mark offered to pay for Wades repairs I seriously doubt that Wade would accept it. He wouldnt wanna be in debt and owe a friend like that. Its different with Drowned Man, its a project that they both worked on but it focuses on Wade; so the money is earned.

Birthdaycake42
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Birthdaycake42 »

Somedude wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:37 am
Valeangel87 wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:19 am

Fair enough!

But even if Mark offered to pay for Wades repairs I seriously doubt that Wade would accept it. He wouldnt wanna be in debt and owe a friend like that. Its different with Drowned Man, its a project that they both worked on but it focuses on Wade; so the money is earned.
You know what they say; once you owe a friend money you're no longer friends. You're a debtor and lender. So I could see why he wouldn't take a handout. I do think it's a bit off that 2 adults with jobs and should have homeowners insurance and savings needed a whole series to get up money. I know stuff happens but if you don't have kids or a bunch of pets you should have enough emergency money.

Valeangel87
Learner
Learner

Post by Valeangel87 »

Birthdaycake42 wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:27 am
Somedude wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:37 am

Fair enough!

You know what they say; once you owe a friend money you're no longer friends. You're a debtor and lender. So I could see why he wouldn't take a handout. I do think it's a bit off that 2 adults with jobs and should have homeowners insurance and savings needed a whole series to get up money. I know stuff happens but if you don't have kids or a bunch of pets you should have enough emergency money.
When you both put it that way I guess it would of been a lot of money, my friends and I have borrowed each other money before but small amounts (or gotten the coffee while out shopping or something) so yeah ok I can see why Wade wouldn't borrow money but your right why don't they have money saved up, I don't earn that much and still have money saved along with renters insurance the US maybe different but come on Wade goes on and on about how he has no money to the point it no longer feels like a skit and just annoying he's making decent money off twitch and youtube (nothing compared to Mark but still).

I wonder what they'll all do when youtube isn't profitable anymore none of them seem to have back up plans, this is also about ALL youtubers/streamers nit just Mark as with what's just happened to another one you can lose it all in seconds (Ok Mark hasn't done, that we know of but doubt he would, what the creep david has done but still it can be gone in seconds)

VioletSparks
Talker
Talker

Post by VioletSparks »

At least with his recent chat on “a conversation with...” he finally admitted cloak isn’t some passion project. I mean, it was always obvious, but at least it’s finally out there

berri
Talker
Talker

Post by berri »

He’s just one of the ‘faces’ of the company after all, to be honest he looks like he really enjoys having that creative freedom to do clothing but I wouldn’t say he’s as into it as when it first launched.

War_Princess
Talker
Talker

Post by War_Princess »

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/youtuber-markiplier-buys-donald-glovers-la-canada-house

Markiplier bought Donald Glover's mansion after it being put on market. Incredible property, beautiful if you check it out. Has those vibes.

Anyone think this purchase was pushed by (I couldn't remember name, Anna? Peebs?) Amy??

Birthdaycake42
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Birthdaycake42 »

Did anyone listen to the podcast? Just wanted to know your opinions.

Starsville21
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Starsville21 »

Peachplum95 wrote:
> Did anyone listen to the podcast? Just wanted to know your opinions.

I listened to it and it was average.. way too many sound effects and all they did was talk about hair?!? I honestly found it really boring tbh.

kawaiinutzz
Informer
Informer

Post by kawaiinutzz »

Peachplum95 wrote:
> Did anyone listen to the podcast? Just wanted to know your opinions.

I haven’t either. But, all I know is I hope he credited the artist for his art cover 😒

Return to “Markiplier”