Fakelisha (Alisha) Marie: So Extra, Burned Out & Self-Censored for Views - Part 4

strawberryx3
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Fakelisha (Alisha) Marie: So Extra, Burned Out & Self-Censored for Views - Part 4

Post by strawberryx3 »

I used to love alisha.
But shes so out of touch with reality and really immature.

Im over her crying about coachella being canceled

Youtuber15
Lurker
Lurker

Re: Fakelisha (Alisha) Marie: So Extra, Burned Out & Self-Censored for Views - Part 4

Post by Youtuber15 »

Who let this girl have a podcast? Good lord i had to turn this weeks podcast off because it was mostly her storytelling and saying “like” 5 million times. I know it’s hard to stop filling silence with “like” but she needs to at least be more mindful and try to stop since podcasting is now her job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MissJediKnight
Learner
Learner

Post by MissJediKnight »

sorry just a question, I was out of touch for a while.

What happened between Mia and Alisha???

radishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by radishes »

MissJediKnight wrote:sorry just a question, I was out of touch for a while.

What happened between Mia and Alisha???
Honestly no one knows. Some people have speculated maybe Alisha wasn’t supportive of Mia during her last breakup because that was around the time their friendship ended, but that’s just speculation. No one really knows.

Jcrewing
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Jcrewing »

I’m watching Alisha’s recent haul video and I’m at 14:14/18:58 and this is what I tallied up.

Like: 103
Freakin: 12
Cute: 25
Oh my gosh/god: 12
Imma: 3
Not gonna lie: 3
Boom: 2
Mmph: 2
Literally: 12
Obsessed: 5
I don’t know: 6
I’m not even kidding: 5

I didn’t even count all of this:
Low key
Whatever
Love
Comf
Ay!
Honestly
Legit
Obviously/obvi

secretumbrella96
Informer
Informer

Post by secretumbrella96 »

Jcrewing wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:36 pm
I’m watching Alisha’s recent haul video and I’m at 14:14/18:58 and this is what I tallied up.

Low key
Whatever
Love
Comf
Ay!
Honestly
Legit
Obviously/obvi
You're the MVP for doing this. Also what happened to her saying "I promise I won't do anymore hauls?" Swear all this girl posts about is hauls or her favorites... from the hauls loll

Jcrewing
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Jcrewing »

secretumbrella96 wrote:
Jcrewing wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:36 pm

Low key
Whatever
Love
Comf
Ay!
Honestly
Legit
Obviously/obvi
You're the MVP for doing this. Also what happened to her saying "I promise I won't do anymore hauls?" Swear all this girl posts about is hauls or her favorites... from the hauls loll
Man... I’m not an mvp, I’m just bored AF in my house. Hahaha... I’m ashamed that I did it cause I’m so bored. It turned into a game for me.

secretumbrella96
Informer
Informer

Post by secretumbrella96 »

Lol another haul? She said she would stop doing hauls 3 weeks ago. Every other video has been a haul integrated in: Nike, Amazon room decor, Urban Outfitters, Sephora.

DrVanessaPoseidon
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by DrVanessaPoseidon »

Her vlog thumbnails are so cluttered. I guess she shows too much because she’s so shitty with video titles.

side_eyejasmine
Informer
Informer

Post by side_eyejasmine »

DrVanessaPoseidon wrote:Her vlog thumbnails are so cluttered. I guess she shows too much because she’s so shitty with video titles.
She’s trying to “tell a story” duh! Lmao
Did anyone else catch that during her vlogs when she was talking about thumbnails with TK?

MissTomato
Learner
Learner

Post by MissTomato »

yep, it seems like she does a lot of research and knows theory and stuff, but i have yet to see a story in any of her vlogs. all she does is unboxing either pr or hauls... i know she is stuck inside rn so that can be limiting, but even when she is not in isolation all she always does is smoothie/go out for coffee/haul/skincare. and that is fine, sometimes i like watching people do mundane things to feel less alone, but i do not see her vlogs as deep as she makes them out to be..

danny-devito
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by danny-devito »

side_eyejasmine wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:26 am
DrVanessaPoseidon wrote:Her vlog thumbnails are so cluttered. I guess she shows too much because she’s so shitty with video titles.
She’s trying to “tell a story” duh! Lmao
Did anyone else catch that during her vlogs when she was talking about thumbnails with TK?
omgosh you guys like.. don't even freaking understand how hard she works on them! :roll:
a couple vlogs back she showed a "behind the scenes" of how much work goes into her thumbnails... aka she made like 4 different ones that were basically the same images just rearranged and had to get ashley's, taryn's, and tk's input. idk why she makes out everything she does to be such high effort when 1. it obviously isn't that much work to begin with, and 2. doesn't even look like there's a ton of work put into the end product anyway. feels like a huge waste of time just for her to be able to say she works harder than everyone thinks.

dadadadadanceee
Lurker
Lurker

Post by dadadadadanceee »

I used to watch Alisha back in the day, and I just recently sort of came back to her, and I just.........how did this girl get so famous on YouTube?? She has nothing interesting to say. There's nothing wrong with being into fashion and beauty, but you have to have some kind of personality or other level, and I just don't feel like she does......I'm always looking for new podcasts, so I tried to give Pretty Basic a chance, and I just CAN'T. It's even more obvious how little personality she has when she's alongside Remi. Remi is obviously pretty materialistic too, but at least she's kind of interesting.

Is that just me?

danny-devito
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by danny-devito »

Guest wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:34 pm
dadadadadanceee wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:37 pm
I used to watch Alisha back in the day, and I just recently sort of came back to her, and I just.........how did this girl get so famous on YouTube?? She has nothing interesting to say. There's nothing wrong with being into fashion and beauty, but you have to have some kind of personality or other level, and I just don't feel like she does......I'm always looking for new podcasts, so I tried to give Pretty Basic a chance, and I just CAN'T. It's even more obvious how little personality she has when she's alongside Remi. Remi is obviously pretty materialistic too, but at least she's kind of interesting.

Is that just me?
Honestly, her, Remi, Niki and Gabi and them all got into YouTube around the oversaturation era and built a following in around 2015-2016. They were able to get girls in elementary school with the back to school vids, girls in middle and high school with life hacks, and college-age girls with the vlogs. The issue is that now, their audience is primarily girls in high school and up. Slowly, their audience will outgrow them because they haven't transitioned their content well. They may do different types of the same videos BUT they still have the fake, perfect life persona going in their vlogs and videos.
not only that, but the appeal of these influencers was at one point that they were relatable; they weren't obscenely rich kardashian-level celebrities, they were teen girls ~just like you~ only they filmed their lives for the internet. sure, a huge majority of these girls come from privilege, but for the most part they were relatable figures to their audience. then they started making BANK off their "relatable" image, and started living a completely unrelatable lifestyle when compared to their followers. they all seem so stunted in maturity because they spent a lot of their formative years faking some kind of identity for youtube. they censored their thoughts and words to stay brand-friendly, they made videos they weren't interested in to get views, they curated instagram feeds to get likes and follows instead of posting what they wanted, and they hid their wealth because they wanted people to think they were relatable. their viewers all grew up and had to go to school and get jobs, meanwhile these girls are just now starting to figure out who they are, what they're into, and really embracing the fact that they're rich, and they're shamelessly shoving it all down our throats.
obviously, alisha didn't get big on youtube for her personality. it's mostly because she was just posting the right videos at the right time. she invested a bunch of money into back to school and life hack videos when they were poppin on youtube, and she has the following to prove it worked. i think the fact that she's so bland and only likes really basic things (starbucks, target, nike, etc) also just makes her appeal to a much more broad segment of people than if she had super niche interests, you know? i agree that she's super boring, but i guess when you only like things that almost everyone likes, it's easier to attract a massive following than if you had super specific interests.

SilentRey
Lurker
Lurker

Post by SilentRey »

I've been wondering for a while why this thread seems kind of dead (or at least compared to someone like Remi's, there aren't a lot of comments here) and I realized it's likely because Alisha does the same stuff all the time. The same kind of videos (even pre-stay-at-home order), the same lack of a varied vocabulary, the same daily routine, the same style, the same poses in her photos, the same friends in her vlogs, etc. There are only so many ways we can talk about the same annoyances.

My only hope for Alisha is that she's able to work on her apparent need for validation through the internet and media. I know she's mentioned it before and I vaguely remember her talking about seeing a therapist on a regular basis for issues like that. I don't even dislike her, I just want her to allow herself to grow up and not be concerned about appealing to people 10+ years younger. There's no point in caring about having 8+ million subscribers if your videos only get 500K - 1 million views anyway. Hopefully she learns to let it go.

But I still can't stand her inability to form an even semi-thought-out sentence or refrain from using filler words every 10 seconds, so I'll continue to check the thread for the day that happens rather than watch her videos myself. Thanks to the real ones who are still able to deal with it!

Barkey2012
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Barkey2012 »

SilentRey wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 5:33 pm
I've been wondering for a while why this thread seems kind of dead (or at least compared to someone like Remi's, there aren't a lot of comments here) and I realized it's likely because Alisha does the same stuff all the time. The same kind of videos (even pre-stay-at-home order), the same lack of a varied vocabulary, the same daily routine, the same style, the same poses in her photos, the same friends in her vlogs, etc. There are only so many ways we can talk about the same annoyances.

My only hope for Alisha is that she's able to work on her apparent need for validation through the internet and media. I know she's mentioned it before and I vaguely remember her talking about seeing a therapist on a regular basis for issues like that. I don't even dislike her, I just want her to allow herself to grow up and not be concerned about appealing to people 10+ years younger. There's no point in caring about having 8+ million subscribers if your videos only get 500K - 1 million views anyway. Hopefully she learns to let it go.

But I still can't stand her inability to form an even semi-thought-out sentence or refrain from using filler words every 10 seconds, so I'll continue to check the thread for the day that happens rather than watch her videos myself. Thanks to the real ones who are still able to deal with it!
wow you said it perfectly! Remi is a hot mess but at least she's kind of interesting? The only time Alisha even tries to talk about anything actually real with her followers, it always has something to do with "omg guys I was getting so stressed about this video but then i remembered i don't have to be stressed blah blah blah burn out." otherwise, she's saying and doing the exact same things with the same recycled "freakin, i kid you not, do you know what i mean, ayeeee." grow the fuck up dude.

MissTomato
Learner
Learner

Post by MissTomato »

someone pls explain to me how is her latest main channel video (how to lose weight/stay healthy in quarantine) NOT a what i eat in a day vlog. i know it may be harder to make videos when stuck inside.. but this was just SO EXTRA lazy ugh

Ccc123000
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Ccc123000 »

I tried to listen to an episode of PB and could not stand the way she talks, right off the bat. Her exaggerated valley girl accent and upspeak make her sound both annoying and unintelligent. I watch some Remi videos and she’s been mentioned a few times on Remi’s GG thread. In the podcast, she talked over Remi a lot and sounded so self absorbed.

Then, I tried to watch one of her videos and she only has 10 words in her vocabulary.... honestly, obviously, freakin’, stan, like...

Plus she’s not even attractive. She has such a punchable face.

aaa6
Learner
Learner

Post by aaa6 »

The way she behaved and spoke in her latest main channel video fully had me forget this woman is in her late 20's :? The pictures she got from amazon and framed reminded me of how i decorated my bedroom when i was 14 and trying to be more "mature" from the pop tiger magazine posters i had all over my room. :rofl:

heybabeee
Learner
Learner

Post by heybabeee »

Her obsession with amazon is so disturbing. Alisha is the epitome of mindless, unnecessary consumerism. Watching her waste hundreds of dollars on one of the most unethical companies and telling her millions of followers to do the same is so hard to watch.
She is so painfully unaware of the implications of her actions. It would be so easy for her to shop local and to shop ethically and support small businesses and yet she only cares about shilling her money to amazon. She is the most ignorant, uninformed person. For gods sake just watch a single documentary about any topic in the world. Anything that isn’t your self help book that teaches you to use a real alarm clock instead of your phone to wake up because “the brightness and blah blah blah and all of your levels of something.” Please. Just learn literally anything. Form an opinion on something. Just become a member of society. Because your life right now is dedicated to promoting excess consumerism and filling corporate pockets and standing for NOTHING. What a waste of a privileged life

Return to “AlishaMarie”