Em_Chunk: Warrior Braid Princess & Insufferable Influencer

People with less than 3 archived locked threads.
Too Wong Fu
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Em_Chunk: Warrior Braid Princess & Insufferable Influencer

Post by Too Wong Fu »

My god she is such a label whore! For someone that thinks they’re so special and unique she sure is a follower with her Gucci belt and now acting interested in a G wagon :roll: her fashion sense is heinous, maybe these outfits might work on a fashion model, but not on Em.

good girl
Informer
Informer

Post by good girl »

Tbh, I can see her style as more "avante garde" and it would belong in fashion forward cities like Tokyo, not Columbus, Ohio (seriously, the Japanese street fashion game is INCREDIBLE. I felt under dressed as a tourist). Also, to be able to pull those outfits off, you have to have a specific body type with specific proportions, and the reason it looks bad on her is because she doesn't have the "correct" physique for the outfits she chooses. She needs to wear outfits more flattering to her body, but alas, like someone said previously, she seems to have reverse body image dysmorphia LOL

slamdunk89
Debater
Debater

Post by slamdunk89 »

I disagree, I don't think it's avant garde I think her fashion sense is just bad. She's trying to follow trends and buying some expensive pieces but the overall result is just so unflattering and quite frankly unfashionable

Too Wong Fu
Talker
Talker

Post by Too Wong Fu »

She’s the perfect embodiment of “the clothes wearing you instead of you wearing the clothes” she just doesn’t have it

Post by Guest »

I used to think she was sort of pretty but she looks so much worse now than she did a few years ago. Every time I look at her I see a rhinoceros. Something about her round cheeks and giant nostrils. I don’t understand how she got so much worse-looking in just a few years. Not that she was ever a smokeshow but now I just find looking at her unpleasant. Maybe it was the eViL bReAsT iMpLaNtS??

Bootyguru2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Bootyguru2 »

rancherobeans wrote: I used to think she was sort of pretty but she looks so much worse now than she did a few years ago. Every time I look at her I see a rhinoceros. Something about her round cheeks and giant nostrils. I don’t understand how she got so much worse-looking in just a few years. Not that she was ever a smokeshow but now I just find looking at her unpleasant. Maybe it was the eViL bReAsT iMpLaNtS??

Her face looks sooo puffy still, even after she’s lost all the weight. It’s so strange to look at.

Also, when she is posting about how good she looks in mirror selfies, she should really focus on what expression she’s making and not constricting her neck. Makes her face look flat and most of the time she has a stank face from sucking in so hard.

myksweetheart
Debater
Debater

Post by myksweetheart »

She just created a whole post on her “pink hat chronicles”. Yes, she has a whole story time about her fucking pink beanie, including the gem “I’m too intense to wear pink”. Wtf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snarkersen
Lurker
Lurker

Post by snarkersen »

As an actual female in academia (PHD- tenure track faculty etc) it makes me INSANE that on her recent post she says the pink would make people take her less serious for being in academia/STEM.

GIRL. You aren’t in academia. You finished your undergrad which is cool but that doesn’t make you an academic. You aren’t working in research. You do teach in academe. You have a degree. Stop trying to take ownership of a very real field and career that ISNT YOURS.

Also no one in my job or any university I’ve been at gives a shit if I wear pink. They care a lot more about my research and rigor. Women in academia deal with a lot of bullshit- but wearing pink isn’t one.

NorCal523
Learner
Learner

Post by NorCal523 »

snarkersen wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:26 am
As an actual female in academia (PHD- tenure track faculty etc) it makes me INSANE that on her recent post she says the pink would make people take her less serious for being in academia/STEM.

GIRL. You aren’t in academia. You finished your undergrad which is cool but that doesn’t make you an academic. You aren’t working in research. You do teach in academe. You have a degree. Stop trying to take ownership of a very real field and career that ISNT YOURS.

Also no one in my job or any university I’ve been at gives a shit if I wear pink. They care a lot more about my research and rigor. Women in academia deal with a lot of bullshit- but wearing pink isn’t one.
I can’t stop laughing about this. I would love to see her pursue a PhD and attempt to land a postdoc or faculty gig. She has her head so far up her ass, it’s hysterical.

myksweetheart
Debater
Debater

Post by myksweetheart »

NorCal523 wrote:
snarkersen wrote:

I can’t stop laughing about this. I would love to see her pursue a PhD and attempt to land a postdoc or faculty gig. She has her head so far up her ass, it’s hysterical.
It’s easy for her to blow smoke up her own ass since her head is already so far up there Image she thinks she’s god’s gift to this planet, to the world of bodybuilding, to fashion, to interior design, to nutrition...and the list goes on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wilmadawn
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wilmadawn »

remember when she was a wine snob?

I can't wait to see how this prep goes down & if her lower body will lean out enough.

treelee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by treelee »

NorCal523 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:11 am
snarkersen wrote:

Oh me too!! Also since it was undergrad and she seemed to avoid campus like the plague I have a hunch a lot of her profs couldn't put a name to her face if their life depended on it let alone care if she wore pink (also she only had profs not colleagues because she was not in fact "in academia"). I'm the only female dev in the entire company and I sure as hell have issues with it and the industry as a whole, but wearing "girly" colors has nothing to do with it. I'd love to see her in an actual stem/academia role where she actually had to deal with these issues not just ponder them on SM.

snarkersen
Lurker
Lurker

Post by snarkersen »

treelee wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:04 am
NorCal523 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:11 am
snarkersen wrote:

Oh me too!! Also since it was undergrad and she seemed to avoid campus like the plague I have a hunch a lot of her profs couldn't put a name to her face if their life depended on it let alone care if she wore pink (also she only had profs not colleagues because she was not in fact "in academia"). I'm the only female dev in the entire company and I sure as hell have issues with it and the industry as a whole, but wearing "girly" colors has nothing to do with it. I'd love to see her in an actual stem/academia role where she actually had to deal with these issues not just ponder them on SM.
YES THIS. If one of my undergrads, or even some Masters students, who just dial it in to get the degree (which is totally fine!) tried to refer to me as their colleague or act like they were an academic I would lose my shit.

I think it’s partially insulting because of the YEARS of advanced schooling and training that have gone into EARNING my rank as doctor and PhD. Being called a professor and an academic isn’t something I take lightly. She didn’t even do undergraduate research (because if she did beyond reading some studies and writing required papers for class, she for SURE would brag about it).

I don’t know how her friend Little Lyss feels about her claiming to be STEM/Academic but I find it disgusting. She already claims so much bullshit but let’s not discredit an entire population by acting like you’re one of us, Em, you’re not. Sit the fuck down.

Also- shouts out to all you bad ass professional women who deal with actual discrimination and disadvantage for being female. We all know neon pink is the fucking least of it.

End rant.

Sabrina von Saffron
Gossiper
Gossiper

Em_Chunk: Warrior Braid Princess & Insufferable Influencer

Post by Sabrina von Saffron »

I’m genuinely confused as to how she could think being a bikini competitor and physique coach means she’s in “STEM/academia.” She’s not the most grounded person but that seems almost uncharacteristically delusional (which is saying something). MAYBE because she was invited to speak at that school a few weeks ago... that’s really the only thing I can think of that could possibly possess her to think of herself as an academic?

Have you EVER heard any other personal trainer say they consider themselves to be in a STEM career?! It’s such an embarrassing stretch. And having a bachelor’s degree in a particular area very obviously doesn’t qualify you as an ACADEMIC in that field??

Like, just a comparison off the top of my head: PE teachers almost always need a bachelor’s MINIMUM (often they need a master’s), in a field related to kinesiology/physical education, and also likely some education on teaching and child development... that’s STEM and academics... but it’s STILL not a career that’s considered part of “academia.” PE teachers don’t call themselves “academics” or say they’re “in a STEM career.” (I swear this isn’t me shitting on PE teachers or saying teachers are “less than,” they’re just really not the same fields at all.)
Last edited by Sabrina von Saffron on Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wilmadawn
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wilmadawn »

who is going to message her and ask her why she thinks she qualifies as being in academia/STEM? I'm so curious why she thinks she is..

scoops221
Learner
Learner

Post by scoops221 »

This is just another example of how she overestimated her importance and skills. A bachelors degree does not make you an academic, owning some basic ass name brand pieces does not make you a fashion guru, dancing in your youth definitely does not mean you were any good, being in choir does not make you a “classically” trained singer. I have a degree in music and teach at all levels, including professionals and high school students. A shitty Ohio high school choir does not even begin to scratch the surface of classical training. She appropriates anything she uses and passes it off as her own idea or claims she’s an expert. We should all be insulted that she condescendingly parades her ounce of knowledge as expertise when there are actual experts out here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ynzb
Debater
Debater

Post by ynzb »

scoops221 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:30 pm
This is just another example of how she overestimated her importance and skills. A bachelors degree does not make you an academic, owning some basic ass name brand pieces does not make you a fashion guru, dancing in your youth definitely does not mean you were any good, being in choir does not make you a “classically” trained singer. I have a degree in music and teach at all levels, including professionals and high school students. A shitty Ohio high school choir does not even begin to scratch the surface of classical training. She appropriates anything she uses and passes it off as her own idea or claims she’s an expert. We should all be insulted that she condescendingly parades her ounce of knowledge as expertise when there are actual experts out here.
Good griiiiiiiief this chick. Yeah, I too was in choir from 6th-12th grade, and in the show choir when my school had one, so I must be a broadway stage trained singer. :roll:

treelee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by treelee »

scoops221 wrote:
You're so right. I was in some form of music class from mommy and me through the end of college, but I don't go around saying anything other than I play the flute and I suck at piano (lol I really do). I also see her reference being a dietetics major a lot, as if she didn't switch to exercise science by the time you actually take the important major related classes (she's fooling herself if she thinks the first 1-2 years at an American univ taught her even a fraction of the dietetics curriculum). I bet she took nutrition 101 and called herself a dietetics major. :roll: We'd for sure know if she had so much as a minor in dietetics.

snarkersen
Lurker
Lurker

Post by snarkersen »

You are all my people!!!! Yes! All the above. She’s appropriating so many things/people/skills/training/and worse of all cultures.

She’s gotten under my skin for a while now but I’m just so sick of her self appreciation. The funny thing is, most people who have the training and skills that she claims she has (academia, music, nutrition, fashion, makeup, etc.) don’t need to talk or brag about it.

She reminds me heavily of a few people I went to grad school with- they were SO insecure they had to attach themselves to anything and everything they thought MIGHT make them look good. Great at making break and bake cookies? Check. Signed onto research? Check. Play video games to be so nerdy? Check. All of it was fake though because they didn’t fucking know who they were and felt so out of place they had to compensate. This is Emily.

I’d feel bad but she’s so pretentious and delusional and privileged, she’s just another basic ass bitch.

good girl
Informer
Informer

Post by good girl »

scoops221 wrote:
LOL that's why I asked earlier if she has ever sung in a higher register. From what I heard, her range is like 1 octave and yet she is a "high soprano" :rofl:

Return to “Misc - Archived Threads”