Christine McConnell

Forum rules
Please keep in mind - No Homophobic or Racist Posts!
monak
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Christine McConnell

Post by monak »

I like her work. I don't get the hate at all.

Thedaisyalden
Learner
Learner

Post by Thedaisyalden »

Guest wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:06 pm
I'm surprised to not find any threads on this woman on multiple forums I have browsed. It actually made me wonder if she pays someone to wipe negative posts about her from the internet. I really need to rant about this person, so here I go.

She is so strange/fake, both in appearance and in behavior. She posts a bunch of "perfect" food/homemaker-type creations while being perfectly dressed up for the themes. I can't quite pinpoint what is wrong with her. I have no idea what her goal seems to be. I think it's to be a model/famous/worshipped for how amazing she supposedly is, but I am sure of multiple things:
  • She's a narcissist and self-obsessed and constantly models in photos/photo series that have no need for her to be in them at all.
  • She lies a lot, endlessly talking herself up in posts/videos, talking about how she makes everything herself "from scratch," pretending that she comes from poverty, that she has a history of animal rescue, and that she gets gifts from famous/special people. Her video My Forest Home Renovation Tour! - From the Mind of Christine McConnell has multiple examples of this. The video rubs me the wrong way so hard that I am shocked the comments are so positive. It's all "me me me I'm amazing!"
  • She's not gainfully employed/comes from a wealthy family, that she hides.
  • Her fans, especially from when she used to post on Reddit, shut down anyone who was weirded out/disapproved of her by saying that people are "jealous" of not being as skilled/creative/perfect as her. This was constant.
She started off on Reddit but flooded the site with so many of her posts that people got so sick of her perfect creations and would post things like "Oh... it's you again." She ended up not getting enough positive attention (narc food) from the site so she pretty much stopped posting.

I've watched several of her Youtube videos, and tried to watch her failed/not-renewed Netflix series The Curious Creations of Christine McConnell. It makes no sense and is so weird. Also can the name for the series be any more narcissistic? Her full name is in her new Youtube video series too! It seems after her Netflix show flopped, she moved to try and be Youtube famous now.
I’m with you on this one. In fact, the whole reason I’m even here is because I was hoping to find the truth about what her actual deal is. I really want to like her. I love certain aspects of her aesthetic because I really appreciate vintage style. But then she has to go and throw in the try-hard “creepy” angle and all of the narcissistic glamour shots of herself. I agree that her goal, or at least her target audience, seems really confusing. Is she doing vintage style? Horror? Goth? Steampunk? DIY? Pin up? Art project? It’s all over the place, but in a really weird, fake way. Her work is all very contrived and she’s clearly trying to create a brand for herself, but branding is typically much more cohesive so there’s an unsettling disconnect. If she was just an average person with varied interests who made casual posts or videos about random things she liked that would be one thing. But this girl comes out with these highly planned out professional videos and pictures that have been edited literally beyond perfection, and the result is off-putting as she tries to insinuate that this IS her real life.

I remember her Reddit days, too, and how she would incessantly post and wait for people to tell her how wonderful she was. It’s funny because when I rediscovered her recently on YouTube I had completely forgotten about all the Reddit stuff until I googled her to see what her story was after getting the same BS vibe. Then I saw those old pictures she used to post and thought “oh, it’s that same chick.” :rofl:

And don’t even get me started on the concealing wealth and reframing her past. This is one of my biggest pet peeves about social media in general and I find it really alarming how few people in this world can identify when someone is being so obviously disingenuous.

LumpySpaceQueen
Learner
Learner

Post by LumpySpaceQueen »

Thedaisyalden wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:19 pm
Guest wrote:
I'm surprised to not find any threads on this woman on multiple forums I have browsed. It actually made me wonder if she pays someone to wipe negative posts about her from the internet. I really need to rant about this person, so here I go.

She is so strange/fake, both in appearance and in behavior. She posts a bunch of "perfect" food/homemaker-type creations while being perfectly dressed up for the themes. I can't quite pinpoint what is wrong with her. I have no idea what her goal seems to be. I think it's to be a model/famous/worshipped for how amazing she supposedly is, but I am sure of multiple things:
  • She's a narcissist and self-obsessed and constantly models in photos/photo series that have no need for her to be in them at all.
  • She lies a lot, endlessly talking herself up in posts/videos, talking about how she makes everything herself "from scratch," pretending that she comes from poverty, that she has a history of animal rescue, and that she gets gifts from famous/special people. Her video My Forest Home Renovation Tour! - From the Mind of Christine McConnell has multiple examples of this. The video rubs me the wrong way so hard that I am shocked the comments are so positive. It's all "me me me I'm amazing!"
  • Her fans, especially from when she used to post on Reddit, shut down anyone who was weirded out/disapproved of her by saying that people are "jealous" of not being as skilled/creative/perfect as her. This was constant.
She started off on Reddit but flooded the site with so many of her posts that people got so sick of her perfect creations and would post things like "Oh... it's you again." She ended up not getting enough positive attention (narc food) from the site so she pretty much stopped posting.

I've watched several of her Youtube videos, and tried to watch her failed/not-renewed Netflix series The Curious Creations of Christine McConnell. It makes no sense and is so weird. Also can the name for the series be any more narcissistic? Her full name is in her new Youtube video series too! It seems after her Netflix show flopped, she moved to try and be Youtube famous now.
I’m with you on this one. In fact, the whole reason I’m even here is because I was hoping to find the truth about what her actual deal is. I really want to like her. I love certain aspects of her aesthetic because I really appreciate vintage style. But then she has to go and throw in the try-hard “creepy” angle and all of the narcissistic glamour shots of herself. I agree that her goal, or at least her target audience, seems really confusing. Is she doing vintage style? Horror? Goth? Steampunk? DIY? Pin up? Art project? It’s all over the place, but in a really weird, fake way. Her work is all very contrived and she’s clearly trying to create a brand for herself, but branding is typically much more cohesive so there’s an unsettling disconnect. If she was just an average person with varied interests who made casual posts or videos about random things she liked that would be one thing. But this girl comes out with these highly planned out professional videos and pictures that have been edited literally beyond perfection, and the result is off-putting as she tries to insinuate that this IS her real life.

I remember her Reddit days, too, and how she would incessantly post and wait for people to tell her how wonderful she was. It’s funny because when I rediscovered her recently on YouTube I had completely forgotten about all the Reddit stuff until I googled her to see what her story was after getting the same BS vibe. Then I saw those old pictures she used to post and thought “oh, it’s that same chick.” :rofl:

And don’t even get me started on the concealing wealth and reframing her past. This is one of my biggest pet peeves about social media in general and I find it really alarming how few people in this world can identify when someone is being so obviously disingenuous.
"And don’t even get me started on the concealing wealth and reframing her past. This is one of my biggest pet peeves about social media in general and I find it really alarming how few people in this world can identify when someone is being so obviously disingenuous."
Please tell me more! I looked for any "gossip" on her and could only find this site which I thought was so odd.

Also, any idea what's up with her voice and the unevenness to it? I can't quite describe it, but it doesn't remind me of a smokers voice so I have no clue.

Thedaisyalden
Learner
Learner

Post by Thedaisyalden »

LumpySpaceQueen wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:47 pm
Thedaisyalden wrote:
Guest wrote:

"And don’t even get me started on the concealing wealth and reframing her past. This is one of my biggest pet peeves about social media in general and I find it really alarming how few people in this world can identify when someone is being so obviously disingenuous."
Please tell me more! I looked for any "gossip" on her and could only find this site which I thought was so odd.

Also, any idea what's up with her voice and the unevenness to it? I can't quite describe it, but it doesn't remind me of a smokers voice so I have no clue.
So I will say that based on the small amount of research I’ve done, Christine is much less egregious in her reframing than some of my other “favorite” YouTubers, especially when it comes to financials (her house is modest and I believe she probably doesn’t have a ton of money since she didn’t really start making any money off her creative pursuits until recently), but there are certainly a few things that I feel get conveniently glossed over. Like the fact that her mother seems to do much of the same type of decorator/contracting work that she does, yet she spins a story about being completely self-taught through YouTube. I did find one interview where she gives her parents some credit for her skill and opportunities, but by and large she is clearly trying to play to the independent woman on a creative mission stereotype. Which brings me to probably the most ridiculous thing that I feel she purposely hides: her marriage. But then a husband doesn’t really fit into her fantasy and would drive away the fanboys she clearly enjoys getting extra special attention from. (“This is just me hanging out alone in my house on any given Wednesday, wearing a corset, makeup and hair done to the hilt, being whatever 50s housewife/Tim Burton character stereotype you want me to be! No biggie!”)

Sorry I don’t have anything more interesting to share. If you want to look into her more you could try searching her maiden name. I didn’t really get that far due to lack of time and interest. As for the voice, I know what you mean, but I think she probably just has a dry throat tbh. I kept hoping someone would hand her a glass of water throughout her entire house tour video!

LumpySpaceQueen
Learner
Learner

Post by LumpySpaceQueen »

Thedaisyalden wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:48 pm
LumpySpaceQueen wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:47 pm
Thedaisyalden wrote:
Guest wrote:

So I will say that based on the small amount of research I’ve done, Christine is much less egregious in her reframing than some of my other “favorite” YouTubers, especially when it comes to financials (her house is modest and I believe she probably doesn’t have a ton of money since she didn’t really start making any money off her creative pursuits until recently), but there are certainly a few things that I feel get conveniently glossed over. Like the fact that her mother seems to do much of the same type of decorator/contracting work that she does, yet she spins a story about being completely self-taught through YouTube. I did find one interview where she gives her parents some credit for her skill and opportunities, but by and large she is clearly trying to play to the independent woman on a creative mission stereotype. Which brings me to probably the most ridiculous thing that I feel she purposely hides: her marriage. But then a husband doesn’t really fit into her fantasy and would drive away the fanboys she clearly enjoys getting extra special attention from. (“This is just me hanging out alone in my house on any given Wednesday, wearing a corset, makeup and hair done to the hilt, being whatever 50s housewife/Tim Burton character stereotype you want me to be! No biggie!”)

Sorry I don’t have anything more interesting to share. If you want to look into her more you could try searching her maiden name. I didn’t really get that far due to lack of time and interest. As for the voice, I know what you mean, but I think she probably just has a dry throat tbh. I kept hoping someone would hand her a glass of water throughout her entire house tour video!
Wait, she's married?! You are a much better detective then I am since I couldn't find any information on him and all sites I could find just mentioned she's single. Could you pass along her maiden name? I'd be curious to see who her hubby is, and it's completely bonkers that she has never mentioned him (at least as far as I could tell) and she's definitely portraying this hot single woman vibe.

Thedaisyalden
Learner
Learner

Post by Thedaisyalden »

LumpySpaceQueen wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:12 pm
Wait, she's married?! You are a much better detective then I am since I couldn't find any information on him and all sites I could find just mentioned she's single. Could you pass along her maiden name? I'd be curious to see who her hubby is, and it's completely bonkers that she has never mentioned him (at least as far as I could tell) and she's definitely portraying this hot single woman vibe.
I was also really surprised to find out that she’s married! At first I thought maybe she’s divorced, which would explain the different last name yet being single. But then I found an Instagram post by a man referring to her as his wife from July 2019 plugging her YT show and sure enough, there are pictures of them together on his Instagram. Even better, he specifically mentions in the post that he helped with music, filming and editing, so there goes her one-woman act. :rofl:

Don’t get me wrong...I completely understand when someone wants to keep their significant other out of the spotlight. In fact, I think that’s pretty advisable, although most people at least mention that they’re married. But I find it reeeeally interesting that she very deliberately makes herself appear to be single and as though she’s “bravely” doing it all on her own when that’s obviously very far from the truth. Every article, every interview, every video or Instagram story from her gives this impression and I don’t think it’s just because she’s protecting his privacy, especially when he’s out there promoting her show and listing his contributions to it. If you search “Christine McConnell husband” on google you get literally nothing about this man which leads me to believe she is actively suppressing any information about his existence to protect her brand.

So it may not seem like a big deal, but to me it confirms that she is absolutely faking her persona and exaggerating quite a bit to maintain this weird image she’s created. I don’t feel comfortable outing her maiden name or husband’s name publicly here, even though it is absolutely public information and available with a basic whitepages search, but I will DM the information to whoever wants it.

Thedaisyalden
Learner
Learner

Post by Thedaisyalden »

I just saw that she spent countless hours crafting sculptures of HERSELF to give to her high dollar patrons. I seriously can’t :rofl: The narcissism is too much.
ED1B7294-A41F-4128-8356-D1C4CBDAA469.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MissDi
Stalker
Stalker
Been thanked: 0

Post by MissDi »

Hello, long time lurker here. I didn't know she was married! She has this quirky/fakey vibe... I don't want to sound harsh or anything but... is she trans?

Thedaisyalden
Learner
Learner

Post by Thedaisyalden »

MissDi wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:53 am
Hello, long time lurker here. I didn't know she was married! She has this quirky/fakey vibe... I don't want to sound harsh or anything but... is she trans?
I found enough evidence in my research that I could say yes. However, I feel like that’s something that’s deeply personal and 100% her business to discuss or not discuss, especially since it really has no bearing on my opinions about her brand and work. I would say if you’re genuinely curious do the research. But ultimately I feel only she and those close to her know the truth (since internet research is far from 100% reliable) and that’s totally ok.

forlornfawn
Stalker
Stalker

Post by forlornfawn »

She's definitely trans, I'd be positive of it.

She has got a masculine face and a strong jawline, the sound and uneven-ness of her voice, her height and body shape, her gait, and just something about her persona and her confidence is very male to me, that you don't tend to find in people that haven't been brought up with all the privileges of being a well off white male.

In the modelling photos the OP posted, she has a very feminine shape but she doesn't have it to the same extent in her videos. And a waist can be achieved with a corset etc. The photos are obviously very photoshopped anyway, you can photoshop more of a waist etc. You can also get a glimpse of an Adam's apple in her videos sometimes too.

I'm not sure if I can find it again now, but on reddit when she was asked if she was trans, she replied "no I'm not. But kind of irrelevent anyway, don't you think?"

I might be wrong, but I don't think I am. I know it's a really personal thing but part of me thinks she should be honest about it. But then, I suppose the other part of me understands why she isn't. She seems to "pass" very well judging by the comments some of her reddit stuff used to get, and she obviously loves attention. Plus, I wouldn't want her to get any unnecessary hate. I do love her videos to be fair.

Thedaisyalden
Learner
Learner

Post by Thedaisyalden »

If true, I’m sure she’s very worried about the hate, especially after straight up denying it for years. I actually think a lot has changed since her popularity first began to rise and when she first started denying it on Reddit etc. Awareness and acceptance of lgbtqa+ rights has improved. I think most people would accept it (a la Nikkie Tutorials) but she spent years creating a sex symbol image and I think some admirers would have a very difficult time with the truth, making a potentially dangerous situation for her. I definitely get the impression she’s just trying to live her best life and be the person she always wanted to be and maybe she doesn’t want being trans to overshadow all of that. I don’t think she has to be honest about it or discuss it if she doesn’t want to, but she also shouldn’t be surprised when it keeps coming up. People on the internet literally exist to get into other people’s business (right or wrong, that’s how it is) and her fame is very much rooted in internet celebrity so it’s going to be brought up again and again.

She has stated that she wears a corset in almost all of her photos and videos, but I think there is more compelling evidence out there than analysis of shopped pictures and guesswork. As I said before, if you’re truly curious about her gender identity, do the research and come to your own conclusions. It’s all out there. But since internet research is never perfect, I would never want to definitively say something that could be wrong or misinformed.

xtine312
Stalker
Stalker

Post by xtine312 »

you all be the judge if this is her… me, I say yes?

https://www.realself.com/question/mascu ... ple-female
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

being human
Learner
Learner

Post by being human »

I don't think that's her. In profile, Christine has a "Greek" nose with a very high, basically flat radix.

edit: and this picture was uploaded June 2015. Christine did not have those short bangs.

being human
Learner
Learner

Post by being human »

timed out of editing, but found a good picture of C's nose in profile:

https://media2.fdncms.com/pittsburgh/im ... 1568227352

Nothing like the lady above's nose.

casualso
Stalker
Stalker

Post by casualso »

forlornfawn wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:17 am
She's definitely trans, I'd be positive of it.

She has got a masculine face and a strong jawline, the sound and uneven-ness of her voice, her height and body shape, her gait, and just something about her persona and her confidence is very male to me, that you don't tend to find in people that haven't been brought up with all the privileges of being a well off white male.

In the modelling photos the OP posted, she has a very feminine shape but she doesn't have it to the same extent in her videos. And a waist can be achieved with a corset etc. The photos are obviously very photoshopped anyway, you can photoshop more of a waist etc. You can also get a glimpse of an Adam's apple in her videos sometimes too.

I'm not sure if I can find it again now, but on reddit when she was asked if she was trans, she replied "no I'm not. But kind of irrelevent anyway, don't you think?"

I might be wrong, but I don't think I am. I know it's a really personal thing but part of me thinks she should be honest about it. But then, I suppose the other part of me understands why she isn't. She seems to "pass" very well judging by the comments some of her reddit stuff used to get, and she obviously loves attention. Plus, I wouldn't want her to get any unnecessary hate. I do love her videos to be fair.
She definitely is and hiding it and IMO it’s a shame for that community, although I know “passing” is probably all some people wanna do and just live their lives without being a trailblazer or w/e. It’s also been a really long time since she would’ve transitioned so I get it.

Her family is really well known in their area and she basically got famous off of decorating their, again, very well known house, it’s not that hard to find supporting evidence that she just kinda came out of nowhere. I agree that her confidence and poise is really something, though I def see it in a lot of influencer types tho other women come off as way more desperate somehow. Also idk maybe this is self-hating of me but the first time I saw pictures of her posing in vintage style bathing suits there was just something a bit TOO perfect about her to me.

SpecifiedAnnoyance88
Lurker
Lurker

Post by SpecifiedAnnoyance88 »

I personally think that the plastic surgery on her face has made her look masculine. In those before pictures, she looked a bit rat like. Shortening the nose and shaving down the chin literally took away the major points of femininity. I could've agreed with her being trans, but those before pictures prove otherwise imo.

ciastkarnia
Stalker
Stalker

Post by ciastkarnia »

ok. this topic and random comment about her being a trans made me go deep dive into a rabbit hole digging every nook and cranny of this topic available as much as I can. First off, I love her and her work, her being trans doesn't change anything for me personally. I am just a curious rat who's got too much time on my hands <3

basically, after my own research, I cannot come to the conclusion that she is trans, BUT I also cannot come to the conclusion that she isn't too. hear me out

If we google this topic, this forum would come up, and couple of others too. I can find at least in two there would be a person who claim to know her family personally (her family is well known after all) and claim that she used to be a he. She was also posted in LGBTIQA+ forums and would set some gaydar (trans-dar, if you will) and this question about her would come up. make of that what you will

I didn't go through her social media for "research" because they most definitely are doctored/curated. There's people who I saw who says she has the "gait" of a male, jawline too strong, weird voice, et cetera, they are valid, but personally I think these assumptions based on physical are rather weak evidence. She does look a little unconventional (I've seen Olivia Wilde, Cobie Smoulders and Allison William thrown around to compare her to - these are all gorgeous women btw) but, cis women come in all shape and sizes and it's not hard to pass these day. If anything, I did compare to other known trans content creators, such as contrapoint and philosophytube. make of that what you will

but what bother me the most is that she LOVE to show off old photos, especially of her mom, some of her grand parents (or maybe old relatives way back from the 40s) has posted on public social media accounts too - but never old photos Christine herself. I cannot find any of her childhood photos posted online.
The earliest photo I could find of her is from her own flickr account, dated 2008. She was 27 at the time. She was in what I assume a bridesmaid dress (it was a photo from a wedding), already looking like she pass (again, could be doctored, this was from her own account after all)

It reminds me of nikkietutorial

If, she already look like a fully pass woman in her late 20s, I think it would hard to come by any concrete evidence of her being trans now unless there's childhood photos of her surface.

what others (and many other forums) have mentioned - try to look her up with her maiden name, I did find her alias through this, but I am not sure how reliable this info is so I didn't take it as concrete evidence either.
this is the weakest fact of all but I still wanna throw it out there - she has the married last name at least since 2008 but she doesn't have kids.
ya, I know she denied being trans in that reddit post but it was understandable why she had to do it.

Return to “A-M”