Ruby Granger part 3

fighead
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ruby Granger part 3

Post by fighead »

The fact that she called the weather "sporadic" in her new video title is really annoying me! The WEATHER isn't sporadic - you can have sporadic rain, or sporadic sun, but if she's talking about the weather in general she means erratic.

_iva19_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by _iva19_ »

I'm convinced she reads here. In today's video, she's reading The Secret History which we referenced a couple pages back. She's clearly digging into the dark academia aesthetic and I won't be surprised if she shows If We Were Villains in the next video.

Oh I would pay to hear her review of TSH...

MissTomato
Learner
Learner

Post by MissTomato »

immediately after I saw her newest video I was once again struck by the weirdness of her, doing something completely unnecessary just for aesthetics of being a little schoolgirl enrolled in boarding school. there's no other reason to wear stockings, pleated skirt, shirt and a NECKTIE at home. a NECKTIE ffs, who wears a necktie in their free time??

is this just a ruby thing or does she only put together these outfits for videos? do other people wear professional looking outfits like this at home? and I am just uncultured slob for wearing soft shorts and jumpers?

louison
Lurker
Lurker

Post by louison »

I literally just popped here to comment about her bizarre school uniform in the latest video. Complete with plaits. I mean she is clearly cos playing a 12 year old at this stage. But is she even consciously aware that she’s doing it? If she was a different type of personality I’d think she’s doing it to deliberately troll people who say she doesn’t want to grow up. But to be honest we haven’t seen that level of mischief before which makes me doubt that’s what she’s doing.

Griftwood
Learner
Learner

Post by Griftwood »

I’m so over the fake cutesy smiles and plait-twirling. I would look forward to her review of TSH, but I already know it will have been ”so interesting.”

Someone in the comments mentioned Exeter results are in. I feel like we’re due another ”honest reaction” video where she gets a 2:1 and cries over it.

3calico3
Informer
Informer

Post by 3calico3 »

Griftwood wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:41 am
I’m so over the fake cutesy smiles and plait-twirling. I would look forward to her review of TSH, but I already know it will have been ”so interesting.”

Someone in the comments mentioned Exeter results are in. I feel like we’re due another ”honest reaction” video where she gets a 2:1 and cries over it.
I predict she'll get a first, but will be disappointed if it's under a certain average mark. I think if she's disappointed with her year's classification, she probably just won't mention it.

Jna
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Jna »

fighead wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:31 am
The fact that she called the weather "sporadic" in her new video title is really annoying me! The WEATHER isn't sporadic - you can have sporadic rain, or sporadic sun, but if she's talking about the weather in general she means erratic.
Ugh as if! She's so clueless

WatchandWonder
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by WatchandWonder »

I never can understand Ruby. She is 20 years old, she has an entire free summer at her fingertips, plenty of down time due to quarantine. to put her mind to something challenging, and she watches Coraline, AGAIN. Not to mention all her pen pals are years younger than her and she continues to be stuck in her childish ways. Why doesn't she read some Russian or French Lit, maybe work her way through Hardy or Dickens, read some interesting bios on famous authors. Anything that would at least show some functionality as an English major. Her life is not productive. Watching the same children's movies and reading the same books over and over again is not productive. It is redundant. She is the most boring and otiose person I have ever watched.

WatchandWonder
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by WatchandWonder »

I've been watching some of Isabella Athena's videos lately and while I see some similar themes, overall she is much more mature than Ruby, a far better speaker, and someone who is with the times. She isn't playing little girl games, but rather focusing on her future, what she wants to do as a career in politics, is poised, dresses normal, and doesn't act foolish. She seems sweet, smart and actually reads mature books. Ruby could learn a lot from her!

Layla0606
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Layla0606 »

Read back in this thread a bit, all commenters were weirded out that she is still butthurt for not getting into Oxford, to me it's understandable, she had every kind of help a student would need to get into Oxford, private school/tutors, supporting parents, she studies all day, I mean I would be extremely embarrassed to not get in with everything handed to me like that.

Also why is she reading children's books? "7 books in a day" you mean 7 books written for 7 year olds? okaaay

Stargirl47
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Stargirl47 »

Did anyone see her Insta story from yesterday (I think it's gone now) with her and a friend posing outside a tent? Ruby had the caption "Obviously we will be staying in different tents". I thought it was very odd. I'd think nothing of two female friends sharing a tent on holiday. Did she think that if she didn't make that clear, people would be assuming things about her sexuality? So bizarre!

Hydrangea
Informer
Informer

Post by Hydrangea »

She generally reads a strange collection of books: https://www.goodreads.com/user_challenges/20632838

Griftwood
Learner
Learner

Post by Griftwood »

Stargirl47 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:56 am
Did anyone see her Insta story from yesterday (I think it's gone now) with her and a friend posing outside a tent? Ruby had the caption "Obviously we will be staying in different tents". I thought it was very odd. I'd think nothing of two female friends sharing a tent on holiday. Did she think that if she didn't make that clear, people would be assuming things about her sexuality? So bizarre!
No, it was because of social distancing, I thought it was odd too but someone asked her this in the comments to her insta post today.

MissTomato
Learner
Learner

Post by MissTomato »

Stargirl47 wrote:
i think it's because of the corona virus. in one of her videos she showed her grandparents visiting, but she emphasized how they all sat across the table and had opened windows to allow circulation of air and whatnot.

laurajessica
Learner
Learner

Post by laurajessica »

It's just plain weird watching a 20 year old woman in a school uniform and plaits. Her constant dressing like a child is so weird and unsettling sometimes. If she wants to dress 'academic' that's fine, but it's unsettling to literally be in something a 10 year old would wear and pose pulling your plaits. She really does need help to get out of her childish ways.

wattm017-318
Learner
Learner

Post by wattm017-318 »

Stargirl47 wrote:
I think she said that because in the UK we're still meant to be socially distancing 2m apart and I assume the tent isn't big enough for them to stick to it so she said they're having separate ones. Although tbh they probably did share a tent and was only saying that to please people. I'm sure she just didn't want any disapproving comments after she and Jade posted photos of them obviously not socially distancing previously and caught some slack for it

effervescent
Debater
Debater

Post by effervescent »

Layla0606 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:41 am
Read back in this thread a bit, all commenters were weirded out that she is still butthurt for not getting into Oxford, to me it's understandable, she had every kind of help a student would need to get into Oxford, private school/tutors, supporting parents, she studies all day, I mean I would be extremely embarrassed to not get in with everything handed to me like that.

Also why is she reading children's books? "7 books in a day" you mean 7 books written for 7 year olds? okaaay
I think the main reasons she didn’t get in were due to her interview going poorly (she admitted to not being able to think on her feet) and her overall rigidity and lack of originality. I think Oxford wants applicants that have a degree of original thought and critical thinking which Ruby lacks, plus she is not all that unique, she just did very well on her A levels which isn’t a guarantor of getting in. She’s booksmart maybe, but not a deep thinker.

It will be interesting to see if she chooses to apply for her Master’s in a few years and how that goes. It doesn’t seem like she has matured all that much at Exeter, she is focused on her grades, youtube and not much else. Also I don't see her doing that well outside of a university environment in general.

Griftwood
Learner
Learner

Post by Griftwood »

Oh hey, a results video. Overall low first, but a first is a first. Congrats Ruby! (Not exactly surprised her lowest was creative writing.)

3calico3
Informer
Informer

Post by 3calico3 »

Griftwood wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:21 am
Oh hey, a results video. Overall low first, but a first is a first. Congrats Ruby! (Not exactly surprised her lowest was creative writing.)
Called it! ;) It'll be interesting to see how she does in her next few years, as it only gets harder from here on out.

Post by Guest »

Ruby is kind of approaching the dark academia aesthetic, isn't it? Her last vid is quite different and I really liked it.

Return to “Ruby Granger”