Samantha Jo

BrookeJenna
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0

Re: Samantha Jo

Post by BrookeJenna »

Does anyone know if she is still friends with her old roommate Jayden? She used to be in quite a few of her YouTube videos

Rosie34567-2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567-2 »

It is beyond messed up doing a video on "grief" with a PAID PROMOTION in the video. To add insult to injury, as she's already trying to profit off of this, she has the audacity to also add in the title that she she spent "loads of $$." Seriously?!

It's so distasteful and ridiculous, it's almost like a parody of influencers. I mean really, WTF.
Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 6.53.59 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

saucinonu
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by saucinonu »

Rosie34567-2 wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:04 pm
It is beyond messed up doing a video on "grief" with a PAID PROMOTION in the video. To add insult to injury, as she's already trying to profit off of this, she has the audacity to also add in the title that she she spent "loads of $$." Seriously?!

It's so distasteful and ridiculous, it's almost like a parody of influencers. I mean really, WTF.

Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 6.53.59 PM.png

agreed!!! i was shocked that she had a sponsorship in that video. i agree it seems like it should have been a parody. also it’s not cute or “relatable” to use shopping and spending to mask emotions. i can understand a little stress-related retail therapy, but for something that is actually serious (like grief) it would be much better to see her actually FEELING her feelings and working through them with healthy coping mechanisms. it’s so immature to be all “i’m sad so let me spend $ teehee!!!” like grow tf up

Rosie34567-2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567-2 »

I feel like she has entirely missed the point of "30 days of no fast food"...like yeah, she's (currently) not buying it anymore...but the food she's now making at home is SO bad for her! She piles literal fistfuls of cheese on everything, is eating a ton of frozen food, pasta, etc. Tbh she's probably not even saving money lol, let alone making any difference to her health.

It's just really disappointing and pointless. This could've been a life changing experiment for her, and she's choosing to self-sabotage. She also keeps metaphorically patting herself on the back, but she's being way too easy on herself because she's not actually altering her lifestyle/eating habits in any way.

tikwi
Talker
Talker

Post by tikwi »

Well y'all she began a new challenge which will once again fail to actually address her binge eating issue. These obese influencers who buy a bunch of stuff so that they can pretend they are going to make a lifestyle change while they continuously fail to actually achieve anything are so annoying and privileged.

tikwi
Talker
Talker

Post by tikwi »

Also notice how they have anxiety about everything except embarrassing themselves publicly online 😂

Rosie34567-2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567-2 »

So...she moved AGAIN? And not just anywhere, but...back...to Florida... Wtf. :roll:

She really has a knack for wasting her money, wasting her time, and wasting her mother's time. It's kind of infuriating watching her just doing nothing all day, deciding she's bored of being bored, and then blowing through tons of money just to do nothing in a different location. It's getting old.

Also, ngl, her previous apartment in Florida was better than this current one imo.

thinkb4youpink
Stalker
Stalker
Been thanked: 0

Post by thinkb4youpink »

She moved to be closer to Jerryl again. I knew the moment she mentioned in her videos that she was moving back there that we would soon get the soft launch of Jerryl. She hated Florida and then suddenly realized it was her “home”? Girl. Hopefully this time she can actually respect his wish to stay out of her videos and not be used as content. Either way she’s totally lost it - she doesn’t YouTube anymore, she’s gone full influencer on TikTok. As soon as she got that TikTok fame she was done with her YouTube “besties”. If Jerryl agrees she’ll be moving to LA next year, mark my words!

Hk25
Talker
Talker

Post by Hk25 »

tikwi wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:40 pm
Also notice how they have anxiety about everything except embarrassing themselves publicly online 😂
I noticed that as well and all that moving back and forth I don’t know how she does it.

tikwi
Talker
Talker

Post by tikwi »

Hk25 wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:43 pm
tikwi wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:40 pm
I noticed that as well and all that moving back and forth I don’t know how she does it.
Thank you for replying. I have accepted she probably won't become a popular topic but she irks me so much especially with the "quirky" stuff and overediting

chattycatty55
Learner
Learner

Post by chattycatty55 »

I think that a few years ago when she started her first vlogmas and she was a bit younger she was adorable and funny. Now though she’s just an obese mentally ill sad person who kind of creeps me out especially when she talks about things like her intrusive thoughts. I’m fortunate to not deal with any anxiety depression or other mental illness so I can’t relate to anything she says. I wish I had as much $ as she had and was able to live in such nice apts and houses she’s rented for herself. I feel bad for her honestly because no matter what she does her mental problems won’t let her have a normal life. I think she binges every day and that any happy face she puts on is literally just an act.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rosie34567-2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567-2 »

This outfit is not working for her. 😬 Why does she want to look bad?

I also really have a problem with all of the grammatical errors in the caption. She makes a shit ton of money, so the least she could do is proofread the three sentence caption. I don't think it's cute or quirky to be fucking illiterate.

IMG_3928.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rosemont21
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by rosemont21 »

Can someone please inform on what she has to say on a podcast??? From her vlogs she literally does nothing all day. Not sure what someone with so little life experience has to bring to a podcast lol

SnarkyFartyArty
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by SnarkyFartyArty »

Probably not the thread for me because I'm a fan, but I use GG and was curious about this thread. But her podcast is good imo, it's fun and silly but they also just talk about whatever is going on in their lives and pop culture in general.

I think Samantha is a realistic portrayal of someone with binge eating disorder. I think it's a frustrating disorder to watch someone deal with because yeah, it's an addiction. So progress is usually followed with set backs. It takes a long time to be able to combat it, because as science has shown their is more at play then willpower. There is an over production in hunger hormones found in most obese people and the hormone that makes you feel full is under produced, so its not the same feeling/experience a normal or naturally thin person experiences. You don't feel sick right away when eating too much, and you don't get full right away.

Also she shared on the podcast stuff I didn't know, like the the trauma she faced as a child with a chronically suicidal mother. Apparently MamaJo spent time in and out of mental health hospitals when Samantha was little, and Samantha learned to cope by eating.

I'm going to preface this by saying I'm someone who is going into the mental health field, so I find her background unsurprising since so many who have maladaptive coping strategies formed them because of chaotic childhoods. She also has been diagnosed ADHD, and people probably have a lot of opinions about that - but there are links between binge eating and ADHD. ADHD also presents similarly to someone with a traumatic childhood, where the brain doesn't regulate dopamine or serotonin normally, both affecting motivation and mood.

I think that's why I give her grace in the health realm too, because the most impressive part of her is she keeps trying. She has a set back, often admits when it's her fault, but tries again.

If an addict of drugs had multiple relapses, it would be equally disappointing but most of us would also applaud them trying again.

She's started Ozempic, which I'm sure people will have shit to say about it. Whatever your opinion is on that lets just get clear:
1. it does help obese people (slightly fat people taking it is an issue, but morbidly obese people have a lot of progress to make up)
2. yes there is currently a shortage but production will pick up, that's how free markets work.
3. obesity is a foot away from diabetes so I don't see a problem with treating it before it becomes full on diabetes (and she mentioned she was close to beint diabetic)
4. she obviously needs the help because she is making her self ill from how obese she currently is, and this drug is meant to help treat sick people.

Alright I'll end my rant, let the hate comments start lol.

Return to “P-U”