Elle Stepford Cleaver Crazy Cat Lady and Her 90-Day Rickety Fiance Melting in Swampland (Part 8)

MUALover
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Elle Stepford Cleaver Crazy Cat Lady and Her 90-Day Rickety Fiance Melting in Swampland (Part 8)

Post by MUALover »

Mama3 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:40 pm
Ok I have a theory. She is a very stingy gift giver. Maybe Rick did not got to Hawaii because of the cost of the airfare then she turns around and buys herself another handbag she does not need, costing more than his flight. Isn’t 1 luxury handbag enough? (I have a friend whose husband won a super bowel and she had the same luxury bag for 10 years.) Maybe he called her out on her selfish BS.

Theory 2: In her vlog before Hawaii she mentioned she was on the phone with their contractor. Maybe Rick decided this was a waste of money just like the handbag she just purchased. He realized what he had gotten himself into and possibly watched some of her old spendy vlogs.

Theory 3: he called her out for wearing that damn tennis bracelet another man bought her. She was both unwilling to sell it and had the nerve to continue to wear it.

Most likely all of the above. Most couples fight over money.
I totally agree. Elle is very selfish. Ginette is loaded but when she is in Florida, Elle seems like she is living off of Rick with no contributions from Elle. Elle probably expects Rick to provide for her in the same way Ginette does. It is obvious that Joe and Chris were the ones who got away as well. I mean how would Rick put up with all that.

It's hard when couples are financially unbalanced especially when it's family money and not Elle's. Rick probably doesn't even have the money to pay for airfare or chip in his share of luxury goods and services, vacations, etc... It has got to be very uncomfortable for him to be with Elle and Ginette.

I read an article of a woman who married into a man whose family is extremely wealthy. She said it was hard because they invited her to Europe but she had no savings to pay for plane ticket. It's probably harder when the man is the poor one.

Rosie34567
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: Elle Stepford Cleaver Crazy Cat Lady and Her 90-Day Rickety Fiance Melting in Swampland (Part 8)

Post by Rosie34567 »

Katrina_AK_0099 wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:33 am
DCdelete7 wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:57 am
Some people have mentioned Elle going back to her old job in Vancouver. I would be surprised if they took her back.
She was unprofessional, getting so much mail for her "businesses" sent to her office that they had a word with her and she had to get a mailbox. Who does that?!? Such a professional girlboss lawyer, spending the work day signing for packages and then waltzing in with giant bags from Nordstrom and Club Monaco.
Omg yes, I always thought it was so unprofessional that she would get packages/letters from her side hustle and "fans" sent to her office! And the ironic part is that (I'm assuming) she thought it would protect her privacy by not disclosing her actual address, but it just made it easier for people to find out more info about her. It was also really dumb of her to make it blatantly obvious to her coworkers that she probably was focusing more on her side-hustles than doing her actual job at work.

Plus (I'm not a lawyer and I do not live in Canada) it seems really sketchy (and possibly illegal?) to be linking her personal "businesses" (youtube, pearls, scarves) to a different business address (the law firm) that is not affiliated with her personal businesses. As a lawyer, she MUST have known that could have caused some issues, especially when it comes to taxes, etc. It's just really shady and weird, and she should've had a PO box from the start (like a responsible lawyer lol).

LanaL
Stalker
Stalker

Post by LanaL »

LONGtime Lurker here.....
I can’t stay quiet anymore! Originally came here to see if anyone else shared my opinions after watching her on and off, and it seems that I have found my tribe! What a trainwreck! I didn't watch her back in the Chris years, but was highly entertained by her when she was dating Joe.

I have a few questions (apologies if these have been answered in previous threads)
-does anyone know what Ginette did/does for a living? Also, watching an old video of a handbag unboxing (one of what seems like hundreds she’s done over the years) She was in the UK visiting her mother and stepfather. Anyone know what happened to him as she seems to live alone from anything I’ve seen on a video?
-The engagement ring from Rick - It’s a Tiffany yellow diamond as she has repeatedly stated. Does anyone really think that that redneck bought a Tiffany ring? I feel like maybe it was a family diamond from Tiffany’s that she had made into the setting for her engagement ring....thoughts?
-What were they getting a contractor to do to the house in Florida? I must have missed that, it all got to be a little too much for me, Meeting such a creep getting engaged and moving to Florida all in what seems like only a few months!?!?

From his Instagram posts it seems maybe he was dumped, with that ‘24 hr long post’. I might have thought (and seems to a consenus here) that he dumped her and he was just sticking it to her on insta, implying that they had both agreed to put up a post for a day, announcing the split. But has anyone thought maybe she had doubts, came to a conclusion while in Hawaii or on her way there and “celebrated” her decision to call it off by letting Mummy buy her a new purse and necklace etc?
Just my 2 cents.....
this thread has been so much more interesting than her channel EVER was. The lack of insight into her own issues is just astounding to me!!!

sweetkron
Talker
Talker

Post by sweetkron »

Rosie34567 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:16 pm
Plus (I'm not a lawyer and I do not live in Canada) it seems really sketchy (and possibly illegal?) to be linking her personal "businesses" (youtube, pearls, scarves) to a different business address (the law firm) that is not affiliated with her personal businesses. As a lawyer, she MUST have known that could have caused some issues, especially when it comes to taxes, etc. It's just really shady and weird, and she should've had a PO box from the start (like a responsible lawyer lol).
Am a lawyer and do live in Canada and this is honestly overthinking it. Yes, it probably made her look bad to her employer and coworkers to get so much side hustle mail to her office (which was not a law firm, FYI), but receiving packages there would not cause trouble with her business or her taxes. A corporation's address is just for receiving correspondence/service of documents. When I help a client incorporate, it's not unusual for the registered address to be our firm's address even though their business happens somewhere else, because if they get sued, we want the documents going to us anyway.

Not trying to rave, but there is enough to criticize Elle about without accusing her of fraud or tax evasion, especially when you're not familiar with the law in a particular place.

pologirl
Lurker
Lurker

Post by pologirl »

SitNextToMe wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:37 am
Poor chick - I do feel bad for her, just because it has to suck big time to be left by such a creepy piece of shit. If only she'd be happy with the pretty rad life she has and forget about dating: heck, sleep around Elle, go clubbing, eat fast food, do anything other than look for a guy to marry.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Elle seems to only have her mother in her life. I haven't heard her mention aunts, uncles, cousins, half siblings, etc. If this is true, it's probably what is driving her to marry and make a family. To some extent that is understandable. When her mother passes and she has absolutely no one, then that's going to be tough on her. The reality is even if you have a great friend group, you aren't a priority in their life usually because you are not family. I definitely think Elle needs to marry, have kids and create her own family. I know a few people who never married or had kids (men and women), and the ones with extended family are doing better than those that are now completely alone because their parents died.

Like someone said, Elle is conventionally attractive and can get a man. She just needs to learn how to drop the single mentality when she's in a relationship.

Rosie34567
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567 »

sweetkron wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:39 pm
Rosie34567 wrote:
Am a lawyer and do live in Canada and this is honestly overthinking it. Yes, it probably made her look bad to her employer and coworkers to get so much side hustle mail to her office (which was not a law firm, FYI), but receiving packages there would not cause trouble with her business or her taxes. A corporation's address is just for receiving correspondence/service of documents. When I help a client incorporate, it's not unusual for the registered address to be our firm's address even though their business happens somewhere else, because if they get sued, we want the documents going to us anyway.

Not trying to rave, but there is enough to criticize Elle about without accusing her of fraud or tax evasion, especially when you're not familiar with the law in a particular place.
That's why I made a point of saying I'm "not a lawyer" and "I do not live in Canada" and I said "(possibly illegal?)" in parentheses with a question mark...because it was a question, not an actual accusation of tax evasion (because I obviously don't know the law).

However, I 100% was accusing Elle of being sketchy and weird lol.

buffolosmurf
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by buffolosmurf »

I have another theory, and it also has something to do with money.
What if Elle was actually sick? She wanted to go to the hospital but found out Rick doesn't have medical insurance or it doesn't cover her. Maybe Rick didn't want to pay for the insane medical bill and is all about the non-GMO home remedies or some weird cult herbal therapies. They probably had a big fight lol. Just pure speculations.

Post by Guest »

MUALover wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:07 pm

I totally agree. Elle is very selfish. Ginette is loaded but when she is in Florida, Elle seems like she is living off of Rick with no contributions from Elle. Elle probably expects Rick to provide for her in the same way Ginette does. It is obvious that Joe and Chris were the ones who got away as well. I mean how would Rick put up with all that.

It's hard when couples are financially unbalanced especially when it's family money and not Elle's. Rick probably doesn't even have the money to pay for airfare or chip in his share of luxury goods and services, vacations, etc... It has got to be very uncomfortable for him to be with Elle and Ginette.

I read an article of a woman who married into a man whose family is extremely wealthy. She said it was hard because they invited her to Europe but she had no savings to pay for plane ticket. It's probably harder when the man is the poor one.
That last scenario you described is incredibly weird and exceptional, imo. I would like to think if a couple is married, you become family (albeit there would be stipulations to not touch family money from the spouse) and to a reasonable extent expenses are shared between partners. My boyfriend’s family isn’t rich but if they invited me to go on a vacation or if I was sick in the hospital, I know they would help me if I was struggling financially...and we’re not even married yet!

And not to defend Elle too much (ugh), but I think she funded their hotel stays during their cross country road trips. I doubt Rick was able to contribute much to that fancy hotel room in Tennessee. I don’t think she would have minded having Rick over in Hawaii (They did stay in Hawaii earlier this year at at least one fancy hotel that I’m sure she footed), although he probably couldn’t have gone in December as he is working a new job and doesn’t have enough vacation/PTO built up. Earlier this year he had more flexibility to vacation as he changed jobs and homes.

Anyway, I do agree that Elle is selfish and we’ve seen her take financial advantage of Joe throughout those vlogs.

And that will be one of the very few moments I will “rave” Elle, lol!!!

Not-skinny-bitch
Learner
Learner

Post by Not-skinny-bitch »

sweetkron wrote:
Rosie34567 wrote:

What was her job in Vancouver? I thought she was a ‘beginner corporate lawyer’ of sorts, but it’s often said here that she was not a practicing lawyer. She has a law degree though - right? Does anyone know why she wasn’t working as a lawyer? Even a beginner one?

no_strings
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by no_strings »

I'm sure Eleanor has her feet up, sipping some tea with The Rescuers on in the background, reading through this thread and getting a laugh out of how much her silence is getting to people :rofl:

I personally don't have 2 fucks to rub together for if this bitch ever shows herself on social media again. I've kinda loved not having to hate watch another breathy, obtuse minute of her existence :roll:
Gurus are like that friend/partner/family member that you constantly walk on eggshells around, because they get offended at the drop of a hat. The ones you blink at funny and they never speak to you again :tu:

spicynachos
Talker
Talker

Post by spicynachos »

no_strings wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:29 pm
I'm sure Eleanor has her feet up, sipping some tea with The Rescuers on in the background, reading through this thread and getting a laugh out of how much her silence is getting to people :rofl:

I personally don't have 2 fucks to rub together for if this bitch ever shows herself on social media again. I've kinda loved not having to hate watch another breathy, obtuse minute of her existence :roll:
Hahaha I’m with you on that! She didn’t even have to rear her smug head for us to have plenty to talk about for several pages... :rofl:

TheObservant_1
Informer
Informer

Post by TheObservant_1 »

buffolosmurf wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:32 pm
I have another theory, and it also has something to do with money.
What if Elle was actually sick? She wanted to go to the hospital but found out Rick doesn't have medical insurance or it doesn't cover her. Maybe Rick didn't want to pay for the insane medical bill and is all about the non-GMO home remedies or some weird cult herbal therapies. They probably had a big fight lol. Just pure speculations.
You know, I like this theory!

sweetkron
Talker
Talker

Post by sweetkron »

Not-skinny-bitch wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:20 pm
sweetkron wrote:
Rosie34567 wrote:

What was her job in Vancouver? I thought she was a ‘beginner corporate lawyer’ of sorts, but it’s often said here that she was not a practicing lawyer. She has a law degree though - right? Does anyone know why she wasn’t working as a lawyer? Even a beginner one?
She was an investigator for a professional regulatory body (think the kind of organization that oversees doctors or lawyers and disciplines them if they do something wrong). It's legalish, but it isn't law. She worked as a "beginner lawyer" before that in the sense that she articled for a firm in Vancouver, which is a kind of internship we do before we get called to the Bar. She either didn't get hired back by the firm, or she decided she didn't like practice and wanted to change tracks. The former seems more likely to me (it's a big, competitive firm and she doesn't seem like she had the drive to cut it), but I don't think she's ever talked about it.

spicynachos
Talker
Talker

Post by spicynachos »

sweetkron wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:55 pm
Not-skinny-bitch wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:20 pm
sweetkron wrote:
Rosie34567 wrote:

She was an investigator for a professional regulatory body (think the kind of organization that oversees doctors or lawyers and disciplines them if they do something wrong). It's legalish, but it isn't law. She worked as a "beginner lawyer" before that in the sense that she articled for a firm in Vancouver, which is a kind of internship we do before we get called to the Bar. She either didn't get hired back by the firm, or she decided she didn't like practice and wanted to change tracks. The former seems more likely to me (it's a big, competitive firm and she doesn't seem like she had the drive to cut it), but I don't think she's ever talked about it.
She talked about it in the Ellemas VLOGMAS special 2017 video where she claimed that the private sector was not a good fit for her and that’s why she switched to working in-house (inferring that she’s an in-house counsel) but she was not.. she was an investigator for Mutual Fund.

ETA: she has a LLB from Durham and LLM from Toronto (masters of law not a JD)

DC17
Learner
Learner

Post by DC17 »

Ok, all this speculation is interesting but the real issue here, how the hell am I going to win that damn green Gucci wallet if she isn't vlogmasing any more? :| :| :|

spicynachos
Talker
Talker

Post by spicynachos »

DC17 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:19 pm
Ok, all this speculation is interesting but the real issue here, how the hell am I going to win that damn green Gucci wallet if she isn't vlogmasing any more? :| :| :|
:rofl: We’ve all been scammed.. shocking [NOT]

drasticactions
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by drasticactions »

Rosie34567 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:13 pm
sweetkron wrote:
Rosie34567 wrote:

That's why I made a point of saying I'm "not a lawyer" and "I do not live in Canada" and I said "(possibly illegal?)" in parentheses with a question mark...because it was a question, not an actual accusation of tax evasion (because I obviously don't know the law).

I would totally believe it though if it turns out she wasn't reporting her YouTube income or pearls/scarves business income properly, she gives off a dodgy/shady vibe. It is just not professional I think to have deliveries sent to your work regularly (unless it is refrigerated medication or something like that you may need to sign for) also didnt her apartment have a mail room? The fact that she has no trouble lying to/misleading her viewers and sends stuff for her side hustle to her actual place of work just gives me the impression she thinks the rules don't apply to her. Not saying she's done anything illegal but I wouldn't be surprised if she did based on how she presents herself.

Post by Guest »

drasticactions wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:10 pm
Rosie34567 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:13 pm
sweetkron wrote:
Rosie34567 wrote:

I would totally believe it though if it turns out she wasn't reporting her YouTube income or pearls/scarves business income properly, she gives off a dodgy/shady vibe. It is just not professional I think to have deliveries sent to your work regularly (unless it is refrigerated medication or something like that you may need to sign for) also didnt her apartment have a mail room? The fact that she has no trouble lying to/misleading her viewers and sends stuff for her side hustle to her actual place of work just gives me the impression she thinks the rules don't apply to her. Not saying she's done anything illegal but I wouldn't be surprised if she did based on how she presents herself.
Well, she’s a known habitual liar, so imo that makes her unethical and untrustworthy as a lay person, business owner and potential employee.

Freshnewnotebook
Learner
Learner

Post by Freshnewnotebook »

Not-skinny-bitch wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:11 pm
Found this gem from 2016

https://appfluence.com/productivity/leg ... -florence/
Okay she was certainly NOT a securities lawyer at the time if this interview (or ever). That’s some bold lying.

Return to “Elle Florence”