Beggy Hope Fletcher and the Half-Assed Boundaries Part 21

Rubylee87
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Beggy Hope Fletcher and the Half-Assed Boundaries Part 21

Post by Rubylee87 »

She’s admitted she’s not good at running and it will take a lot of work. I’m giving her the benefit of the doubt and hopefully she can raise a lot of money for charity.

However, she keeps saying ‘I know I’m good at singing. I know I’m good at acting...’

Singing? Yes. Acting? Definitely not and people have repeatedly said how shoddy her acting skills are. It’s a bit embarrassing that she would proclaim how good she is at acting when she really isn’t. Also makes me wonder if she has any ability to self-reflect at all.

Post by Guest »

Rubylee87 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:51 pm
She’s admitted she’s not good at running and it will take a lot of work. I’m giving her the benefit of the doubt and hopefully she can raise a lot of money for charity.

However, she keeps saying ‘I know I’m good at singing. I know I’m good at acting...’

Singing? Yes. Acting? Definitely not and people have repeatedly said how shoddy her acting skills are. It’s a bit embarrassing that she would proclaim how good she is at acting when she really isn’t. Also makes me wonder if she has any ability to self-reflect at all.
I feel like she thinks "acting" is just standing on a stage. You stood on a stage in costume? Congrats you know how to act. Something like that lmao.

Cloudnumber123
Talker
Talker

Post by Cloudnumber123 »

sweetpotatoface wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:08 pm
Rubylee87 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:51 pm

I feel like she thinks "acting" is just standing on a stage. You stood on a stage in costume? Congrats you know how to act. Something like that lmao.
I think she may be mentioning she knows she’s good at acting and singing because she’s actually insecure about it. I think when she knows about what people are saying, especially here, she makes it a point to randomly “correct” them, or prove something. She’ll address it seemingly to no one in particular, when I think she’s purposely responding to online criticism.

Cloudnumber123
Talker
Talker

Post by Cloudnumber123 »

I see she has an Instagram story where she tells people to call her out and message her when she’s done something wrong and that she’s “happy to admit she’s wrong”...

I’m having flashbacks. Was it not even a year ago when she said the same thing, then had an online tantrum and put a young girl on blast who did what she told them to?

Illogic_ally
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Illogic_ally »

I really don’t understand why she’s apparently doing it her underwear again... it feels like a definite attention grab. The whole reason for it in the first place was because it was a Coppafeel thing to raise aware for breast cancer and women or whatever, not for Carrie to show off how ‘brave’ she is by running half naked.

The first time had an actual point and sentiment behind it, what’s the point this time?

Also home girl is going to chafe something shocking. Just wear tights and a sports bra? It’s not like everyone else will be dressed to the nines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ghostie_
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Ghostie_ »

Scraps-Of-Adventure wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:36 am
Why on earth would she run the london marathon in underwear -_-
Same reason this chick does anything. For attention.

She’s not doing it because she cares about charity or running or whatever, she’s only doing it so she can post underwear photos, say she’s a “plus size lady” and get the “YASSS GOALZZZ” comments
Just your friendly neighbourhood bitch

Galindaaaaa
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Galindaaaaa »

A few years ago, Emma Hatton (then standby Elphaba, but playing Elphaba fulltime as the lead was injured) did 8 shows, ran the marathon, and then did another 8 shows. If I recall correctly, she was exhausted and said she'd never do it while being in a show again, and she trained a lot leading up to it!

Now of course, Elphaba is a much harder role than Fantine is, but I doubt it'll be a simple walk in the park for her

Salatblader
Debater
Debater

Post by Salatblader »

Cloudnumber123 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:04 pm
I see she has an Instagram story where she tells people to call her out and message her when she’s done something wrong and that she’s “happy to admit she’s wrong”...

I’m having flashbacks. Was it not even a year ago when she said the same thing, then had an online tantrum and put a young girl on blast who did what she told them to?
Well, that person's message to her wasn't the most diplomatic/included some points that went way over the line. But yes, we've had many examples of people who were blocked for asking an innocent question, genuinely out of curiosity and not meance, or who in a nice way informed her of a mistake she had made or something.

Post by Guest »

Her new story irks me a little. You can’t read tone in a message. Somebody can send you a perfectly innocent message but if you are in a bad mood and read something with sarcasm in your head it can read a completely different way. I’ve experienced that enough with people from work. It turns normal responses into a ‘I don’t want to do this via text message, can we talk in person?’. As long as Carrie continues to look for the hate in comments, she will find it no matter whether it’s there or not. Carrie will always be on the defensive because everything touches a nerve.
I read something recently that said ‘comments will only truly hurt when there is an element of truth to them’. At first I wasn’t sure if I agreed with that, but now I see how much it must apply to Carrie. She reads everything as a personal attack rather than viewing things from an outside point view to learn and grow from her mistakes. I really hope I was never this immature when it came to feedback at school and uni. But she is 27 years old! She really does live in a bubble!

girasole1840
Informer
Informer

Post by girasole1840 »

Galindaaaaa wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:06 pm
A few years ago, Emma Hatton (then standby Elphaba, but playing Elphaba fulltime as the lead was injured) did 8 shows, ran the marathon, and then did another 8 shows. If I recall correctly, she was exhausted and said she'd never do it while being in a show again, and she trained a lot leading up to it!

Now of course, Elphaba is a much harder role than Fantine is, but I doubt it'll be a simple walk in the park for her
Emma is a trained athlete who gave it up for a career in musical theatre. If she was exhausted, Carrie has no chance.

Post by Guest »

She went on a long run and thought it was appropriate to eat a... giant slice of cake right after? The 1-2 hours after a long run is when it is especially important to eat something nutritious/protein-dense. I know this because I ran long distance competitively and my coach always stressed it, but you can also find that info from a simple Google search.

If someone sent her this very valid advice (eat more protein after runs instead of sugary carbs) she'd run for the hills screeching "evil meanie hater." But when you're training for a marathon, especially when you're cramming it in last minute, you really should respect your body and start eating healthy.

Post by Guest »

sweetpotatoface wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:00 am
She went on a long run and thought it was appropriate to eat a... giant slice of cake right after? The 1-2 hours after a long run is when it is especially important to eat something nutritious/protein-dense. I know this because I ran long distance competitively and my coach always stressed it, but you can also find that info from a simple Google search.

If someone sent her this very valid advice (eat more protein after runs instead of sugary carbs) she'd run for the hills screeching "evil meanie hater." But when you're training for a marathon, especially when you're cramming it in last minute, you really should respect your body and start eating healthy.

I find it hilarious that she posted it was avocado and courgette cake. That doesn’t make it healthy Carrie! It’s cake! There’s still gonna be a whole lot of sugar in there!

Post by Guest »

CatSheldon wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:08 am
sweetpotatoface wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:00 am

I find it hilarious that she posted it was avocado and courgette cake. That doesn’t make it healthy Carrie! It’s cake! There’s still gonna be a whole lot of sugar in there!
Yeah exactly. Lots of sugar and unhealthy fats. And any vitamins in the courgette will be denatured from the baking.

PocketPLocket
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PocketPLocket »

Screenshot_2020-01-09-14-30-25-935_com.instagram.android.jpg
With general disdain and ambivalence?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ShinyEspeon
Learner
Learner

Post by ShinyEspeon »

Bets on Kermit being in this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Margo_Channing
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Margo_Channing »

ShinyEspeon wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:48 pm
Bets on Kermit being in this?
So no Broadway then!?

Post by Guest »

PocketPLocket wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:31 am
Screenshot_2020-01-09-14-30-25-935_com.instagram.android.jpg

With general disdain and ambivalence?
Haha never forget how she wrote a whole fanfic novel about how their "relationship" started out with him barely liking her

coffelatte
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by coffelatte »

Maybe, maybe not according to playbill.
"While Webber’s modern take on the princess who loses her glass slipper hasn't found its star, a workshop earlier in 2019 starred Carrie H. Fletcher (Les Misérables)."
What is her Les Mis scheadule again?

Also someone said this in the musicals board:
I wonder why they havent announced Carrie as the lead yet? I guess because she's not a name.
-english is not my first language-

Helianthus1567
Informer
Informer

Post by Helianthus1567 »

Looks like we need a new thread title soon!

Carrie On Panting in her Pants?

Razzmatazz
Informer
Informer

Post by Razzmatazz »

https://www.whatsonstage.com/london-the ... anuary2020

Carrie is in Les Mis until 29th Feb and then School. Of Rock ends 1st March for Cinderella to go in that theatre. Maybe that's for rehearsals?

Then she's back in Les Mis from April to July so she'll be available for September.

I thought ALW wanted Cinderella on Broadway?

(I'm just excited that School of Rock is closing on the West End and going on tour now and I'll be able to see it!)

Return to “Carrie Hope Fletcher”